Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

The LGBT Gamer Community Thread.


Gamer Talk

12,651 to 12,700 of 14,043 << first < prev | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | next > last >>

Good luck, Selene! Have fun! :)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
feytharn wrote:

Ok, I am done...this night has to be somebodys idea of a sick joke...

How can you be prepared for some girl with a whiff of burned hair (Why yes my dear, Bonfires are made of real fire these days) starting to unwrap her breasts to 'prove she is old enough to buy booze'?
A) That won'make you look any older!
B) You should probably be thankful for that!
C) YOU ARE ON CAMERA!

*Headdesk*

...

I'm working in the wrong place...


Selene Spires wrote:

I used to work overnights at a gas station...though it had no convince store... I had only 1 interesting story.

The gas station was on a highway...there was a side street in the back but no entrance. Two young guys stopped in the back and told me the ran out of gas. We had a spare gas container for that occassion...so I filled it up for them and as I was walking it over to their car one of them asked me...

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes" I said after a moment of freezing. I mean it like 3 AM in the morning...there is like no one around...and that is the last question I expected...and the way he asked it raised my hackles. So...I kinda told the truth...I do believe in gods...I just have no faith or trust for organized religions. But they struck me as fanatical so I decided to to engage them in a religion discussion.

I am guessing one of them saw my defensive stance and explained to me they were just coming back from a religious retreat. They turned out to be pretty nice kids and even gave me a $5 tip.

The other funny thing is I kept 'forgetting' I had a name tag so I was always taken aback when people who I did not know used my name.

In other news..

The PFLAG meeting is this Wed. So unless there is a surprised snowstorm (*looks suspiciously at Freehold DM and his weather dominatrix*) this one should not be canceled. I will let you guys know how it goes.

..a weather dominatrix?

I don't know what you're talking about.

turns dials, adjusts settings, cracks whip


Rysky wrote:

Hope you have fun Selene!

*side-eyes Freehold*

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*

hugs copies of weather report girl, animated and live action


Rysky wrote:

Ah, sorry to hear that.

*offers head wubs*

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Freehold's Weather Dominator


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Freehold's Weather Dominator

bought that at a cobra garage sale years ago ....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

I used to work overnights at a gas station...though it had no convince store... I had only 1 interesting story.

The gas station was on a highway...there was a side street in the back but no entrance. Two young guys stopped in the back and told me the ran out of gas. We had a spare gas container for that occassion...so I filled it up for them and as I was walking it over to their car one of them asked me...

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes" I said after a moment of freezing. I mean it like 3 AM in the morning...there is like no one around...and that is the last question I expected...and the way he asked it raised my hackles. So...I kinda told the truth...I do believe in gods...I just have no faith or trust for organized religions. But they struck me as fanatical so I decided to to engage them in a religion discussion.

I am guessing one of them saw my defensive stance and explained to me they were just coming back from a religious retreat. They turned out to be pretty nice kids and even gave me a $5 tip.

The other funny thing is I kept 'forgetting' I had a name tag so I was always taken aback when people who I did not know used my name.

In other news..

The PFLAG meeting is this Wed. So unless there is a surprised snowstorm (*looks suspiciously at Freehold DM and his weather dominatrix*) this one should not be canceled. I will let you guys know how it goes.

..a weather dominatrix?

I don't know what you're talking about.

turns dials, adjusts settings, cracks whip

I am watching you.


I may be offline for a while. I think the hard drive on my desktop is wearing out.


Selene Spires wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Selene Spires wrote:

I used to work overnights at a gas station...though it had no convince store... I had only 1 interesting story.

The gas station was on a highway...there was a side street in the back but no entrance. Two young guys stopped in the back and told me the ran out of gas. We had a spare gas container for that occassion...so I filled it up for them and as I was walking it over to their car one of them asked me...

"Do you believe in God?"

"Yes" I said after a moment of freezing. I mean it like 3 AM in the morning...there is like no one around...and that is the last question I expected...and the way he asked it raised my hackles. So...I kinda told the truth...I do believe in gods...I just have no faith or trust for organized religions. But they struck me as fanatical so I decided to to engage them in a religion discussion.

I am guessing one of them saw my defensive stance and explained to me they were just coming back from a religious retreat. They turned out to be pretty nice kids and even gave me a $5 tip.

The other funny thing is I kept 'forgetting' I had a name tag so I was always taken aback when people who I did not know used my name.

In other news..

The PFLAG meeting is this Wed. So unless there is a surprised snowstorm (*looks suspiciously at Freehold DM and his weather dominatrix*) this one should not be canceled. I will let you guys know how it goes.

..a weather dominatrix?

I don't know what you're talking about.

turns dials, adjusts settings, cracks whip

I am watching you.

who, me?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Good morning all you wonderful people.

* big bear hugs, hearty handshakes, awkward nods, and knowing winks - whatever you prefer *

Stay awesome.

Oh, and Freehold, don't bother trying your weather dominator in Wisconsin - our weather is so wild it'll burn out any attempt by your machine to control it. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Actually, forget what I said earlier. I managed to reactivate my T-Mobile Hotspot. I'm back online, now.

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Nice.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* joins in the sending of positive vibes and hugs *

Stay awesome, everyone.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber Subscriber
Uncle Teddy's Bear, Fred wrote:


Oh, and Freehold, don't bother trying your weather dominator in Wisconsin - our weather is so wild it'll burn out any attempt by your machine to control it. ;)

Very True :)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*Merrily burning, providing a bright and comfortably warm place for hugs, companionship, smiles, conversation and general happyness, tea and cocoa included*


Freehold DM wrote:
Rysky wrote:

Ah, sorry to hear that.

*offers head wubs*

WUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUBWUB

wanna make a "wubstep" joke here...


Campfire Elemental wrote:
*Merrily burning, providing a bright and comfortably warm place for hugs, companionship, smiles, conversation and general happyness, tea and cocoa included*

Thanks for the tea.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Iammars wrote:

Happy Easter everyone!

I have certainly enjoyed our short time in skirt weather. It's so exciting this year since I can actually wear skirts out in public!

(I also ran into one of my former students yesterday from back when I was presenting as male. I was... uh... definitely not presenting as male yesterday. Fortunately I'm already out at school cause that could've been awkward...)

I have been wearing skirts most of the time now for a few months.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*bows to folks of experience and knowledge and wisdom in the channel*

People have been talking about skirts and shorts and the like, but I have a slightly different question.

I'm built a bit oddly, but I'm kind of big. Is there a good etiquette to explain to the workplace that their sizes are too small (and recently became even smaller with a new uniform distributor)?

ie, the shirts I currently have are 3XL and are just barely large enough, and they tried to give me some 3XL that I couldn't even get my head through the 'head hole' with all the buttons undone...

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Uh, "The shirts are too small."?

Sorry.

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* big fluffy bear hugs *

Good morning everyone - sending out my love and good thoughts to you all.

Wei Ji, alas I have no real advice to give. The only thought I have to to maybe bring it up with your manager and see what they suggest.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


*bows to folks of experience and knowledge and wisdom in the channel*

People have been talking about skirts and shorts and the like, but I have a slightly different question.

I'm built a bit oddly, but I'm kind of big. Is there a good etiquette to explain to the workplace that their sizes are too small (and recently became even smaller with a new uniform distributor)?

ie, the shirts I currently have are 3XL and are just barely large enough, and they tried to give me some 3XL that I couldn't even get my head through the 'head hole' with all the buttons undone...

I explained to my boss that I didn't want the customers to endure me serving them in a belly top. While he could get larger work clothes, he agreed that it was OK for me to just wear the right color.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thank you for everyone chiming in.

I figured this place would be a good place to ask -- no offense intended!

*distributes legal beverages of choice to folks*


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Just to let everyone here know, I'm going to take a semi-vacation away from the boards for a while. I'm feeling mentally tired and worn out. I've got some programming projects that have been on hold, some for several years, that need to be worked on. But, I'll drop by on Mondays, during my eleven hour shift at work, to say hi.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Just to let everyone here know, I'm going to take a semi-vacation away from the boards for a while. I'm feeling mentally tired and worn out. I've got some programming projects that have been on hold, some for several years, that need to be worked on. But, I'll drop by on Mondays, during my eleven hour shift at work, to say hi.

Don't be a stranger and get you some recuperation/de-stress!


Thanks, Wei Ji. Right now, trying to stay awake at work, and tea isn't helping.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay...so I went to the PFLAG meeting tonight. It was more focus on the parents...it was a very large group tonight...and my shyness is still there...so it was a meh experience for me. Next meeting I will probably be a little more comfortable...so it might be better.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

For some people, I imagine it's difficult dealing with parents, so having some sort of idea of how to do so, or to acknowledge said difficulties might be a blessing to some?

And if it's any consolation, despite working in retail I've been noticing I've become very... 'spatially aware' (hesitant to call it 'claustrophobic') to the point I'll avoid large clumps of people...

Good on you to go, though, and hopefully like you said the next meeting might be better.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Maps, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Just to let everyone here know, I'm going to take a semi-vacation away from the boards for a while. I'm feeling mentally tired and worn out. I've got some programming projects that have been on hold, some for several years, that need to be worked on. But, I'll drop by on Mondays, during my eleven hour shift at work, to say hi.

Take care!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Wei Ji the Learner wrote:


For some people, I imagine it's difficult dealing with parents, so having some sort of idea of how to do so, or to acknowledge said difficulties might be a blessing to some?

And if it's any consolation, despite working in retail I've been noticing I've become very... 'spatially aware' (hesitant to call it 'claustrophobic') to the point I'll avoid large clumps of people...

Good on you to go, though, and hopefully like you said the next meeting might be better.

I meant alot of parents were there...and I get that this is hard on the parents. And it was nice to see parents accepting...or at least trying to understand it.

Also apparently tonight was a larger crowd than normal. Normally the meeting would have split but the person running it decided against it due to the numbers.

But now that I have gone...the next one should be easier...I can be more outgoing. At least I hope so.


John Napier 698 wrote:
Just to let everyone here know, I'm going to take a semi-vacation away from the boards for a while. I'm feeling mentally tired and worn out. I've got some programming projects that have been on hold, some for several years, that need to be worked on. But, I'll drop by on Mondays, during my eleven hour shift at work, to say hi.

Take the time you need. See you on Mondays

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Glad to hear everything went okay, Selene ^w^

Hope everything goes better at the next meeting too :3

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* joins in the hugs and channeling of positive feelings *


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I have discovered the disadvantage of keeping my bangs extremely long.

Apparently, I have been growing sideburns for a month.

I am trying my best not to freak the f!~~ out about this, and failing miserably.

*listens to Here Comes a Thought on repeat*

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

*offers hugs*


Hey Doomkitty, don't freak about sideburns, there are worse ways to lose your identity, at least the sideburns can be shaved off...

[tries to send positive thoughts]

Liberty's Edge

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber

So, I just got my copy of Queer Game Studies and it is very, very good. Well, I haven't read it all. But I've read 2-3 chapters and started swearing because the points were made so eloquently and GOSH DARN WHY DIDN'T I SEE THIS BEFORE JACK HALBERSTAM WROTE THIS GOSH DARN TOOTING ARTICLE.


John Napier 698 wrote:
Right now, trying to stay awake at work, and tea isn't helping.

*wild arm flialing* Action stations! This is not a drill!

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

And we made it to another Friday, yay!

*channels positive feelings and offers hugs to anyone and everyone that wants or needs some*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

* fires off the confetti cannon and throws a few logs onto Campfire Elemental *

Happy Friday, Everyone!

* grabs everyone in a big fluffy bear hug *


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*burning bright and war, cozying the place up for companionship, hugs, smiles and conversation, providing hot beverages*


Campfire Elemental wrote:
*burning bright and warm, cozying the place up for companionship, hugs, smiles and conversation, providing hot beverages*

FIFY :)


Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)


John Napier 698 wrote:
Campfire Elemental wrote:
*burning bright and warm, cozying the place up for companionship, hugs, smiles and conversation, providing hot beverages*
FIFY :)

Burning war seemed to be a good Idea at the time ;-)


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Participating in the GLSEN day of silence at my school.

In other news, people are extremely confused as to why I'm not randomly bursting into song in the hallway or in class.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

...just when you thought it was safe to escape...

*coughs*

Welcome back though, and like Neil Gaiman said during a commencement address, don't become the person professionally answering e-mails.


Wei Ji the Learner wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Hi guys! Changed my mind about dropping in only on Mondays. A few posts every couple of days should be just as good. Just have to pace myself, I guess. So, at least for now, no more days of 40-70 posts. :)

...just when you thought it was safe to escape...

*coughs*

Welcome back though, and like Neil Gaiman said during a commencement address, don't become the person professionally answering e-mails.

I won't. It's just that I had a bit of a nightmare, last night. I dreamt that I stopped posting for a week, and when I came back, nobody remembered who I was. I'm not sure if it was a memory from an old Twilight Zone episode, or what, but it only made last night's insomnia that much worse.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

AAAAAAAAAA

NEW STEVEN UNIVERSE EPISODE ON THE 8TH

AAAAAAAAAA


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Legends Subscriber; Pathfinder Starfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Calm yourself, Doomkitten.

* hides list of fusions I'd like to see *

12,651 to 12,700 of 14,043 << first < prev | 249 | 250 | 251 | 252 | 253 | 254 | 255 | 256 | 257 | 258 | 259 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Gamer Life / Gamer Talk / The LGBT Gamer Community Thread. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.