Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Bacon!


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 960 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Osirion

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Either you like bacon, or you're wrong.


I need a smoker.

Osirion

9 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The Rules of Bacon

1. There must always be bacon in the fridge. Always.
2. There does not exist a food that does not go well with bacon.
3. There are two kinds of people in the world: those who like bacon, and those who will be used as fodder in the case of a zombie apocalypse.
4. Even pigs like bacon. Fact.
5. Crispy and chewy are both acceptable ways to cook bacon. Thou shalt not discriminate.
6. 90% of the world’s problems can be solved by bacon.
7. Bacon presents exactly zero health risks. Shut up.
8. If your computer is antiquated and slow, you can feed it bacon through the floppy drive to make it run faster.
9. Meals without bacon are rarely worth eating.
10. When given a breathalyzer, the number they give you is your BAC. This is short for “BACON”, and is equal to the number of slices of bacon you should eat divided by 100.
11. Thou shalt always consume bacon on the Sabbath. And the Mondath. And the Tuesdath. And the….
12. Bacon gets you laid.

Qadira

If there were a vat 100 feet deep that was just full of bacon, I would jump into it and let the sizzling of the bacon soothe away my worries.

And then I would eat the bacon.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:

The Rules of Bacon

2. There does not exist a food that does not go well with bacon.

A friend of mine once made bacon and onion ice cream. It was awesome!

The onion was caramelized, but it was the bacon that made it great!

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Enter Spanky in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

Osirion

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Turbaconducken!!!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

So when you make any sort of bacon sandwich what are key ingredients besides the Bacon?

I like good ripe tomato, boston lettuce and mayo (Hellmann's Mayo) I have been known to make my own mayo as well as a pesto mayo. I like a hearty bread too no wonder bread please.

Thoughts suggestions?

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Gruumash . wrote:

So when you make any sort of bacon sandwich what are key ingredients besides the Bacon?

I like good ripe tomato, boston lettuce and mayo (Hellmann's Mayo) I have been known to make my own mayo as well as a pesto mayo. I like a hearty bread too no wonder bread please.

Thoughts suggestions?

A good, crisp pickle. Not out of a jar; hit a farmer's market and see if you can find local pickles. I knew a chef in my hometown who made his own dill pickles and they were some of the best pickles I have ever had. mmmmmm

Ideal bacon (BLT Style) sandwich for me would be:
toasted sourdough
bacon
mayo (I agree on the Hellman's front)
sliced tomato (but it really should be one of the heirloom varieties ... no mass produced, mealy consistency beefsteak things you find in grocery stores)
bacon
crisp dill pickle
romaine lettuce
bacon
sprouts
and little cider vinegar in the sprouts to play off the bacon.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
Turbaconducken!!!

Is it bad that my mouth watered as I felt my arteries harden?

Cheliax

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Good call on the pickle as well as the heirloom tomato a mealy tomato can ruin the whole sandwich.

I might even through in a cucumber. But I like the idea of the sprouts with the cider vinegar. I am assuming Alpha sprouts not the big bean sprouts here?

Chips with that?

If so what ype of chips I am thinking brand of chips here not wholemade as they take too long too much effot if you don't have a frialator.

I would say a nice Kettle chip salt and black pepper.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Gruumash . wrote:

So when you make any sort of bacon sandwich what are key ingredients besides the Bacon?

I like good ripe tomato, boston lettuce and mayo (Hellmann's Mayo) I have been known to make my own mayo as well as a pesto mayo. I like a hearty bread too no wonder bread please.

Thoughts suggestions?

Ingredients? INGREDIENTS?!?

To hell with that...gimme bacon and bread. Simple and delicious. Hell, sometimes I don't even bother with the bread....

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
zylphryx wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Turbaconducken!!!
Is it bad that my mouth watered as I felt my arteries harden?

No. See rule number 7, above.

Silver Crusade

Gruumash . wrote:

Good call on the pickle as well as the heirloom tomato a mealy tomato can ruin the whole sandwich.

I might even through in a cucumber. But I like the idea of the sprouts with the cider vinegar. I am assuming Alpha sprouts not the big bean sprouts here?

Chips with that?

If so what ype of chips I am thinking brand of chips here not wholemade as they take too long too much effot if you don't have a frialator.

I would say a nice Kettle chip salt and black pepper.

Cape Cod kettle chips, of course.

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

In the end, it doesn't matter what kind of food you pair with bacon. See rule No.2.


I like my bacon sandwiches simple. Toasted bread (don't really care what kind), mayo (actually I prefer Miracle Whip, but I'll take whatever you have as long as it isn't 'lite'), maybe a little lettuce (again, don't care what kind so long as it is fresh, crisp, and dry-soggy lettuce=bad), and plenty of bacon. No tomatoes for me thank you, I can't stand them. And on the side, another bacon sandwich or two.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Bacon is my favorite herb!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

takes note of all the potential members of the Great Belgian Mayonnaise Conspiracy

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Aberzombie wrote:
zylphryx wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Turbaconducken!!!
Is it bad that my mouth watered as I felt my arteries harden?
No. See rule number 7, above.

No no, I was worried about the duck. ;)

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Gruumash . wrote:

Good call on the pickle as well as the heirloom tomato a mealy tomato can ruin the whole sandwich.

I might even through in a cucumber. But I like the idea of the sprouts with the cider vinegar. I am assuming Alpha sprouts not the big bean sprouts here?

Chips with that?

If so what ype of chips I am thinking brand of chips here not wholemade as they take too long too much effot if you don't have a frialator.

I would say a nice Kettle chip salt and black pepper.

Cape Cod kettle chips, of course.

mmmm Cape Cod Kettle chips. Good side.

And yes, Alfalfa sprouts (or an alfalfa/radish sprout mix). Nom, nom. nom.


Aberzombie wrote:
takes note of all the potential members of the Great Belgian Mayonnaise Conspiracy

Well, you did say everything goes well with bacon.

Which would mean we've found the only acceptable use for mayo. Bleh!

Qadira

Aberzombie wrote:
Either you like bacon, or you're wrong.

Call me wrong then, because I don't like bacon.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
I LOVE bacon!


Bacon in my beer,
bacon in my beer,
omnomnomnom
you can't have any


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Once a year I make a Bacon Explosion. Requires:

2 lbs italian sausage
~15 slices of thick cut bacon
your favorite pork rub
your favorite bbq sauce (a sweet sauce works best, it sets up nicely when basting)

If you smoke it, it takes around 1 hour per inch of thickness. Essentially it's bacon wrapped bacon, with some sausage and bbq sauce added.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Irontruth wrote:

Once a year I make a Bacon Explosion. Requires:

2 lbs italian sausage
~15 slices of thick cut bacon
your favorite pork rub
your favorite bbq sauce (a sweet sauce works best, it sets up nicely when basting)

If you smoke it, it takes around 1 hour per inch of thickness. Essentially it's bacon wrapped bacon, with some sausage and bbq sauce added.

And then you need to deep fry it!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

It's very honestly unnecessary.


Whenever I make bacon, I bake enough so I can pick off and eat a bunch and still have enough for a badass omlette.


Irontruth wrote:
It's very honestly unnecessary.

And yet... oh so amazing...

Contributor

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Once or twice a year, my girlfriend butchers a pig and we cure our own bacon at home. :9


This is not bacon.

Osirion

5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Todd Stewart wrote:
Once or twice a year, my girlfriend butchers a pig and we cure our own bacon at home. :9

I choose the two of you for my apocalypse survival team. Between the three of us we'd have knowledge of how to make beer and bacon, more than enough information to rebuild civilization.

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Unless, of course, it's a zombiepocalypse. In that case.....I choose you anyway, in the hopes your brains will taste like bacon.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Today, my five year old daughter told me that wishes the the whole world was made out of bacon so she could eat it. Then she rolled down the truck window and yelled "BACON" at other drivers. I'm so proud.


Your daughter has a bright and brilliant future.

Qadira

She will be the pride of many, starting with you.


I'm... so touched...

I'm making bacon now. Two entire packs of it. Just because of this thread.

Andoran

mmmm, bacon.....

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

great, I just ate dinner, then I read this thread and now I"m hungry again! :P

Paizo Employee Sales Imp

My friends and I have had an Easter celebration every year for the last 3-4 years that we call BACONFEST. We each bring a pound of bacon or some bacon dish, and then we eat and eat and eat in a glorious festival of bacon-steeped gluttony. This year's aftermath.

The surprise hit this year were bacon sandwiches made up of: Bacon, strawberries (sliced thin), and avocado on a buttered and toasted english muffin bun. I'm sure you may be cringing right now, but I assure you: It was awesome.

Of course, the steaks covered in thick-cut shoulder bacon were also delicious.

:D

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

I can attest that bacon ice cream is delicious. :)

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Not to mention bacon makes a handy bra


Man, that is the sexiest lingerie ah evah did see...

:Looks around for my wife:

"Honey, you 'member when you asked me what I wanted for my birthday..."

Qadira

She could have at least cooked the bacon...

Bacon-wrapped stuffed jalapenos anyone?


I like soy-composite, vegetarian bacon.

And I like bacon in its living form.

Do those count?

Qadira

Ringtail wrote:

I like soy-composite, vegetarian bacon.

And I like bacon in its living form.

Do those count?

No, you're talking about fake-on and pigs. Not the same thing.

Infidel!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Ringtail wrote:

I like soy-composite, vegetarian bacon.

And I like bacon in its living form.

Do those count?

writes down another name on the list of first targets for the zombiepocalypse

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Ringtail wrote:

I like soy-composite, vegetarian bacon.

And I like bacon in its living form.

Do those count?

Also, see my original post in this thread.


Brains?


Bacon explosion!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:

The Rules of Bacon

1. There must always be bacon in the fridge. Always.
[]...
12. Bacon gets you laid.

13. Bacon IS a vegetable.

1 to 50 of 960 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Bacon! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.