Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Did you know...?


Off-Topic Discussions

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,566 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade

He just wants a rub behind his ears.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Om nom nom nom.....

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The average fodder for The Horde breathes approximately 23,000 times each day.

Qadira

First picture of the cookie monster

Qadira

Green?

Not sure of the facts here.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Crimson Jester wrote:

Green?

Not sure of the facts here.

Here's a video of him eating electronics. I thought he did look kind of green.....

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Everyone has a unique tongue print.


Aberzombie wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

Green?

Not sure of the facts here.

Here's a video of him eating electronics. I thought he did look kind of green.....

It sounds like the same guy that voiced Kermit.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Tiny Coffee Golem wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:

Green?

Not sure of the facts here.

Here's a video of him eating electronics. I thought he did look kind of green.....
It sounds like the same guy that voiced Kermit.

Yes, the machine was voiced by Jim Henson.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Typically, you begin to feel thirsty when your body losses 1% of water.


A dog's eye only has two cones as opposed to human eyes which have three. As such, dogs can see color (it's a popularly held belief that they can't see color at all) but it's a much smaller spectrum than that which humans can see. A human's vision typically comprises the spectrum of Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-Indigo-Violet whereas a dog's looks more like Brown-Yellow-Gray-Blue.

If you've ever thought your dog was stupid for having some difficulty in finding a red ball in the grass, that's because from the dog's perspective it's like looking for a ball of brown in a sea of muted yellow.


Dal Selpher wrote:

A dog's eye only has two cones as opposed to human eyes which have three. As such, dogs can see color (it's a popularly held belief that they can't see color at all) but it's a much smaller spectrum than that which humans can see. A human's vision typically comprises the spectrum of Red-Orange-Yellow-Green-Blue-Indigo-Violet whereas a dog's looks more like Brown-Yellow-Gray-Blue.

If you've ever thought your dog was stupid for having some difficulty in finding a red ball in the grass, that's because from the dog's perspective it's like looking for a ball of brown in a sea of muted yellow.

It has been discovered that some people are, in fact, tetrachromat, meaning that they have four cones rather than the normal three, and can see a whole different range of colours that us trichromats cannot.

Apparently, women have much higher chances than men at having that extra colour sensitivity. Estimates say that about 2% of women might be tetrachromat.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hiccups usually lasts for 5 minutes.


The first celebration of Oktoberfest began on October 12, 1810 to celebrate the marriage of the crown prince.

Based on his reign being described as "strongly affected by his enthusiasm for women" one might suspect it wasn't the happiest marriage in history.


Kajehase wrote:

The first celebration of Oktoberfest began on October 12, 1810 to celebrate the marriage of the crown prince.

Based on his reign being described as "strongly affected by his enthusiasm for women" one might suspect it wasn't the happiest marriage in history.

...Or maybe just a typical example of a marriage within the aristocracy of any nation, ever, throughout all of history. /wink


The first Bond movie, Dr. No (and no, the TV-version of Casino Royale doesn't count), and the first Beatles single, Love Me Do (and no, the one released with them being a backing band, as the Beat Boys, to Tony Sheridan doesn't count, either), were released on the same day.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:


Apparently, women have much higher chances than men at having that extra colour sensitivity. Estimates say that about 2% of women might be tetrachromat.

Well, that explains 'taupe'


Eric The Pipe wrote:


The reason Guinness was the biggest selling beer in Ireland was because it had the lowest alcohol content and was there for the cheapest. The level of alcohol dictated the tax on the liquid. When shipped to America and places like that, the alcohol content was upped.

Upped a great deal in Nigeria - the bottled Guinness there (and possibly other places in West Africa/Caribbean) is about 7 or 8 % at least. Tastes rather like alcoholic treacle..

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Not all your taste buds are on our tongue (10% are on the insides of you cheeks).

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The life span of a house fly is typically between 10 to 25 days.


A series of nine books (or movies, or whatever) is an ennealogy.


One million dollars in $100 bills weighs 22 pounds.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

A dolphin's average top speed is 37 mph.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

One of the facts on this list is actually real...

Nah, just kidding! :P

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The smallest dog breed is the Chihuahua.

Qadira

Just leave this here


The average human head weighs 15lbs.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

There are approximately 70 million sheep in New Zealand.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

The number of hobbits is unknown, though.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Sharks are immune to all known diseases.


Actually, sharks have been show to be, in fact, marmots afflicted by shark syndrome.

Your argument is invalid.


Romanian has no word for "shallow"

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:

Actually, sharks have been show to be, in fact, marmots afflicted by shark syndrome.

Your argument is invalid.

Squirrel!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:

Actually, sharks have been show to be, in fact, marmots afflicted by shark syndrome.

Your argument is invalid.

Squirrel!

Foiled again! Damn you!

<Shakes angry fist>


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Aberzombie wrote:
Sharks are immune to all known diseases.

That makes this look more plausible and less like a rip-off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still a rip-off, regardless, but one I enjoyed none-the-less.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dal Selpher wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Sharks are immune to all known diseases.
That makes this look more plausible and less like a rip-off of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Still a rip-off, regardless, but one I enjoyed none-the-less.

"As soon as they transformed, the four brothers ate a hotdog stand and fled from the police by diving into a lake and burrowing their way into the city by eating the dirt"

Awesome.

Or should I say... Jawsome.


The exploding volcano on Krakatoa could be heard 3'000 miles away.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:
Or should I say... Jawsome.

No. No, you really shouldn't say.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Klaus van der Kroft wrote:


Or should I say... Jawsome.

Huzzah! I have a new word to use!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The world's smallest bird is the 'bee hummingbird' found in Cuba.


Kajehase wrote:
The exploding volcano on Krakatoa could be heard 3'000 miles away.

In Australia, authorities thought the sound was from enemy bombardment, and ordered a preparation against hostilities.

The explosion sent so much material into the atmosphere, that temperatures dropped across the world by over 1 C°. Also, sunsets changed drastically, and several paintings from across the world showcase the blood-red colour it took for the years to come.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

African elephants only have 4 teeth.

Andoran

Aberzombie wrote:
African elephants only have 4 teeth.

Does that count the tusks?

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
African elephants only have 4 teeth.
Does that count the tusks?

Probably not.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The first English dictionary was written in 1755.


The name for the extinct elephant relative, "mastodon", means "nipple tooth".


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Someone needs to start a Mastodon cover band named Nipple Tooth.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

On the cover of Help, the Beatles are arranged so they spell out Nujv in semaphore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Sailors in the US Navy drinking torpedo fuel was enough of a problem that hogworts-oil had to be added to the fuel in order to dissuade them.


Elaine Cunningham wrote:

Yes, the Azure Bonds cover was Clyde Caldwell. The Fred Fields version of Alias appeared on the novel Masquerades, published in July 1995. A month earlier, the same model was the Simbul on the cover of the boxed set Spellbound, and later that year she was perpetrated upon Liriel on the 1995 hardcover release of Daughter of the Drow. In June of 1996 she posed for Arilyn on the June 1996 release of Silver Shadows.

I remember a conversation with editor Brian Thomsen about the Arilyn cover. I observed that the model bore no resemblance to Arilyn, other than being a female, dark-haired humanoid, and pointed out that Arilyn's two-handed sword style would be severely hampered by that matronly bust. Brian's tongue-in-cheek comment: "There's a lot of magic in the Realms. Maybe they're retractable..."

1,601 to 1,650 of 2,566 << first < prev | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Did you know...? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.