Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Bear Trouble


Play-by-Post

51 to 92 of 92 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

Male Halfling Rogue/6

"Certainly!" Dweedletoes heads off to use the privy whilst actually preparing the quickest and stealthiest route to pickpocket one of the Black Bears. "Hmmm... which one makes the best target?" Dweedletoes looks over the entire group. Who does he think will make the easiest target and provide the best reward for his sleight of hand experiment?


"Ha, I am ready for anything."

Jegres, smiles as he puts away his flute. Jegres, then studies the group of ruffians and tries to pickout their leader.

Star Voter 2013

male Human Programmer 4 / Game Designer 4

"What, and you all had been telling me not to cause trouble!" Vlad chuckles, "But truly, your earlier advice could not have been more sound, there is nothing to be gained but bruises for poking the bear, especially in their current state, and ours. Still.. I like your thinking." Vlad's chair squeaks as he stands up, unsteadily holding on to the table while attempting to be subtle, "Wooo..."

He takes a slow breath, "Tomorrow. Yes, plans made after drinks are never to be the soundest. I'll meet you all here tomorrow."

--

((unless someone starts a fight or something, Vlad is going to bed.))


"Goodnight, Vlad hopefully we don't have to wake you". Jegres says with a mischievous grin.


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

"Vlad, why don't you stay down here just in case things go bad. You never know what could happen." Sigismund leans back in his seat watching the room sipping his drink.


Male Halfling Rogue/6

"Hmmm..." Dweedletoes picks the least observant patron at the bar (instead of the Black Bears) and strolls by, accidentally knocking their coin purse into his pocket. ((Roll for Sleight of Hand= 6 (+14) = 20 TOTAL))

Then Dweedletoes returns to the table offering to pay for everyone's food so long as the new coinpurse can cover it.

Dweedletoes orders a single shot of local moonshine and looks the barmaid up and down to judge her attractiveness on a scale of 1-9 reserving 10 for halfling maidens.


As Vlad sits back down again, it seems as if Dweedletoes is ready to spend his recently acquired coin already - not that four coppers and half a bronze is going to get much. Dweedletoes makes a big show of calling over a serving lad, who seemed to be on his way towards you anyway. As the lad changes his direction, there is a growl from the Black Bears - "You! Squirt! The boy was coming to take MY order!"

The over-muscled hulk of a man, a sour look on his face, grabs the lad as he approaches Dweedletoes. Holding him by the scruff of his neck, he rumbles menacingly, “Where d'ya think you’re going, worm?”

Two roles everyone please. One Spot, one Initiative!


The big man, serving lad currently in hand but dragging him backwards, is up and out his chair. With a sweep of his free hand, he swipes food and drink over you, covering a couple of his own group in the process. The man with the eye-patch barks, “Grunt, no!” but it is too late. The others clench their fists and move towards you!


Of course, your instinct is to reach for your weapon. But Fin Starling runs a tight inn, and all weapons are expected to be stored behind the bar, locked away.

Grunt, however, has dispensed with the serving lad and now has a chair in hand, grasping it by one of the front legs. He's approaching Dweedletoes with a look on his face that suggests he is much keener about this than he ought to be!


For a man who has been drinking steadily for the whole time you've been in the inn, Grunt seems incredibly agile as he approaches. The man in black robes, with a tonsure haircut and a holy symbol hanging around his neck, grasps the symbol and places a hand on Grunt's shoulder as the big man brushes by him; Grunt seems to swell in front of you, visibly more physically impressive.

The man with the eye-patch stands, grabs the few remaining pieces of cutlery and takes a step back. The petite and vivacious young woman wearing tight black leather knee high boots positions herself behind Grunt and recites a few words. You can't be sure, but a new noise can be heard over the rising sound of the inn crowd .

ANOTHER ROLL FROM EVERY ONE PLEASE, THIS TIME A LISTEN ROLL.

Finally, the skinny woman with long jet black hair, also dressed all in black with a rapier sheath at her side, grabs a couple of plates and moves back a little from the table.

At the bar and around the edges of the inn, the noise from the other drinkers increases a little, and discussions sound a tad more heated.


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

Roll for Spot 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Roll for Initiative 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
Roll for Listen 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Roll for Spot 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Roll for Initiative 1d20 ⇒ 9
Roll for Listen 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7


Thank you Sigismund, thank you Jegres, for now now you don't see or hear what the rolls were for. We'll await the others!


Sigismund, you will, of course, go before Jegres. Some of the Black bears seem better prepared than you too...


Male Human Fighter 6

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Spot: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Listen: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

Vlad was already off his best game with so much drink in him, and worse, he felt all but naked without his sword (but, that was that or skip dinner).

So, Vlad brazenly steps forward, directly into the path of Grunt, aiming to punch clean through the chair...

--

Intended actions, for when Vlad can go:
Move: Step up in front of Grunt
Standard: Improved Unarmed Sunder

sunder:
being unarmed, Vlad provokes an AOO, but otherwise; unarmed attack suffers a -4 for being light, and another -4 for not being truly proficient. But +2 for Improved Sunder! 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 191d3 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


Male Halfling Rogue/6

Initiative: 8+4=12
Spot: 5+5=10
Listen: 2+4=6

*What are you guys using for die rolls? I'm not very familiar with the Paizo forum PbP settings or tools.*

Dweedletoes ducks under the table and attempts to move from table to table remaining hidden until he is behind the Black Bears. He will move in and prepare to back-stab, but only if necessary. If the combat in this tavern has thus far been non-lethal Dweedletoes will not be the first one to draw blood or kill anyone. He is a happy-go-lucky halfling after all and still holds great respect for life (even in the form of lumbering ignorant brutes.)

In case it is needed here are additional rolls:

Hide: 15+14=29
Shortsword attack (only if someone else has already drawn blood):
Attack: 6+6=12
if hit: 5+1=6 DAMAGE
if Sneak Attack succeeds: 3d6 2,2,4 = 8 DAMAGE
if non-lethal combat: Dweedletoes weighs his options and decides to hold action to see what happens next.

Sorry to jump ahead, but I figured this would save time if you require these rolls in near future.


Thank you Vlad - just Dweedletoes to go. Those Bears look like they mean business!


Sorry Dweedletoes - no weapons allowed in the Thirsty Serpent - Fin insists, as cleaning up entrails takes up too much time!


And I'm really happy for you to just roll any dice that are to hand.

What I would like from all of you is a list of twenty six d20 rolls, just as they come. Call them A,B,C and so on. Sometimes I will need to keep something to one side unless you succeed - a listen or spot usually - and I quite like the "oh, Vlad, by the way, you see something in the dark corner..." and have it as a pleasant surprise.


Vlad, how many hp do you have please? I just have it as 6d10 +18, not the total you rolled


And Sigismund, did you sort your hp out?


And did you split up the items from A1 to A5 to your satisfaction? It did look like it, although you may want to barter some away to Quorron so Jegres and Sigismund aren't quite so "unprotected"...


For what it's worth, here's my dice bag

http://www.d20srd.org/extras/d20dicebag/


Ok, as written before, the clerical-looking Black Bear mutters a few words and slaps the big man, Grunt on the back. grunt visibly swells in front of you, his muscles bulging even further from his hide armour. He grabs a chair and bellows in rage - surely he's not increasing in size and strength - and swings it at Vlad!

He's obviously done this before - the crashing sound of the flimsy furniture coming down onto Vlad's skull, shattering into a thousand pieces and sending them everywhere isn't pretty. A wound appears down the right side of Vlad's head, blood flying out after the pieces of chair. everyone to the right of Vlad is sprayed with this gore.

However, Vlad has taken the force of the blow, as he intended and, with his head ringing from too much ale and now this blow, retaliates!


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

My intended action on my turn is to cast Hold Person on Grunt.


Thanks Sigismund, there's a bit to go before you, but I'll bear it in mind.


Vlad, it's your move!

Star Voter 2013

male Human Programmer 4 / Game Designer 4

i never actually rolled HP:
First level is assumed to be maximum. Otherwise, subtract 5.Vlad's HP: 5d10 + 28 ⇒ (1, 9, 9, 8, 7) + 28 = 62

Spoiler:
six d20 rolls
1d20 ⇒ 6
1d20 ⇒ 14
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 20
1d20 ⇒ 10
1d20 ⇒ 10

"What's that scratching sound?" Vlad staggers back onto the table, more off balance from his drink than from the actual force of the blow. It was just a chair, after all.

"Arrogant Bastard" Vlad says, grabbing his own chair, and bringing it around in counterattack. But, it wasn't his lovely, wonderful sword, it too, was a chair. Really, it was just more of an excuse to break something and blame it on the bears, otherwise, he would have just plowed right into the grunting hulk in front of him.

Standard: attack with chair (as improvised club):
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 221d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

((OOC: There's a built in dice roller here on the paizo boards. The format for the [dice] tag is listed below. You can even add titles to your rolls (see my HP above), but that adds two extra lines.

On a related note, I'm regretting taking Mounted Combat instead of Unarmed Proficiency now. Oh well.))


Don't worry about the unarmed stuff - I'm going to be pretty free-and-easy with it here.


Vlad strikes out with a grabbed chair and brings it down onto the menacing Grunt. Most of it breaks over his outstretched arm, but he is showered by sharp pieces of of wood and is clearly hurt by them.

The woman with the rapier sheath glances at you all and hurls the plates at Dweedletoes; the wooden platters catch him squarely on the side of the head as he goes to duck under the table and the woman ducks down too, looking to see where he has gone.

The other woman, standing behind Grunt, points at Sigismund and says a few words. A barely perceptible wave of energy rapidly flows towards his face an, at the last moment before striking the bridge of his nose, bursts into a bright flash of fire and light - A FORTITUDE save please Sigismund. If you succeed, you can cast your spell.


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20Fortitude save

six d20 rolls:
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 7
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 8
1d20 ⇒ 2
1d20 ⇒ 17


Sigismund, you momentarily feel as if your retinas are on fire, but manage to quickly blink out the sensation. With just one or two spots of flaring light still dancing in front of you, you cast your spell towards Grunt!


As you watch, you see the raging man rapidly slow, until, fist inches front Vlad's face, he goes rigid! The spell has worked!


All around you, fights are beginning to break out.

The scratching sound Vlad heard is clear - every rat in the place is heading towards your table.


Dweedletoes, it's time for you to consider your options...


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

"Vlad, Dweedle, Jerges may I be so bold to make a suggestion? Let's end this fight with these barbaric heathens and save face before things get ugly." Sigismund says as he turns to see Grunt halt in place.


Sorry Sigismund, too many words for this round - six is your free allowance - you may have to save it until your next turn!


"Oh, here we go!" Jegers shouts with a smile.

Spoiler:

1d20 ⇒ 18
1d20 ⇒ 4
1d20 ⇒ 17
1d20 ⇒ 13
1d20 ⇒ 12
1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Halfling Rogue/6

Dweedletoes attempts to move behind the chick searching for him and grabs a flagon. He aims for her head and lets it fly!

Roll(1d20)+5:
17,+5
Total:22
For flying flagon of ale!

I sent you 20 d20 rolls via PM.


Male Human Fighter 6

"I agree, let's ditch this joint."


Male Human Fighter 1/Cleric 5

ignore my previous post, it'll have to wait until my next turn.


Male Halfling Rogue/6

"Sorry Sigs! By END THIS FIGHT I thought you meant give these sloppy hooselwaddles a run for their coin purses!" Dweedletoes continues bashing the foul wench over the head with a full flagon of the Thirsty Serpent's finest.

(What rolls doth thee require now?)

51 to 92 of 92 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Bear Trouble All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.