|1 person marked this as a favorite.|
|Xaaon of Korvosa|
16) A house is a never ending project. Once you buy one you will realize there is always something that needs to be fixed.
17) Do not waste money on expensive beer late in the evening. After 5 or 6 they all start tasting the same. Switch to the cheap stuff to just maintain your buzz.
18) Strippers just want your money. It's their job. No, they don't really think you're "different from all the other guys."
19) Teachers and professors have opinions and bias too. Everything they tell you is not "fact." Take it with a grain of salt.
21) The word ENTITLEMENT is an excuse for lazy people.
22) Never loathe doing anything, you'll end up having to do it no matter how much you try to avoid it.
23) No matter where you work, there will always be coworker(s) who do the bare minimum with shoddy quality and feel as though they provide as much value to their company as the employee who consistently outperforms them at every turn.
24) Everyone wants to be respected. Only a few know how to actually EARN it.
My parents taught me a lot of life lessons.
Remember everything they did in raising us, and how they managed their household.... and do the exact opposite.
29.) Being active throughout your entire life will pay off. Just because you're a nerdy kid doesn't mean you can't join a team or be physically fit.
30.) Turning the other cheek doesn't stop bullies from picking on you. Standing up to them has a higher probability of success. There's no shame getting sent to the principal's for punching a bully in the nose.
31.) Start investing/saving money from Day One of earning your first paycheck. Compounding interest is a beautiful thing that no one should miss out on.
Capitalizing on what Reckless said, my parents gave me the WORST possible advice when I was in school. They told me "Student council is just a stupid popularity contest. Popularity doesn't count for anything. Focus on schoolwork." They were dead wrong in that; in the workplace, competence and skill count for nothing. Popularity is the thing that gets you ahead. Odds are, your management consists of a bunch of former D students, with IQs under 100 and mail-order MBAs, but who are gifted at schmoozing. (Unless of course you work for Bill Gates.)
|Don Juan de Doodlebug|
|Bran Ravensong I|
48) Study the great works like The Art of War, The Book of 5 Rings, The Way of No Sword, the Dao te Ching, The Prince etc.
49) Religion is for people who are going to hell, spirituality is for people who have been there...
50) Study Martial Arts regularly- you get a great workout and you learn to defend yourself from the bullies!
51) Get the "Game" or one of the other books from the great pickup artists of today. They will surprise you as they aren't about seduction, but about self confidence and communication skills but in a certain kind of way :)
|Thomas LeBlanc RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32|
|Frank the Mime|
67.) Be an animal. Humans are the only species capable of making themselves miserable while trying to be happy. Animals merely are happy, or sad, or scared, or angry; they don't try to be other than they are.
68.) Not only men cheat. Though women cheat for the same reasons, they have issues.
69.) Never stop loving someone, even if they have stopped loving you.
77) Its the things you didn't do that you regret most, not the things you did.
|SON, I AM DISAPPOINT.|
|The Minis Maniac|
|The Minis Maniac|