Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Pathfinder Comic Book Subscription


Paizo Licensed Products General Discussion

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, so please excuse me.

I saw the announcement of the upcoming Pathfinder comic book and was wondering if Paizo is considering offering the comics through a subscription service? I would love to have the newest issues shipped to me with the rest of my subscriptions.

Paizo Employee Webstore Gninja Minion

Since it's a licensed product, I've moved it to that forum.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Dracogn Vrashnak wrote:

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for this question, so please excuse me.

I saw the announcement of the upcoming Pathfinder comic book and was wondering if Paizo is considering offering the comics through a subscription service? I would love to have the newest issues shipped to me with the rest of my subscriptions.

Details regarding comic distribution are yet to be determined.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

Are there any details about when the comic will be released and sold?

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
ElyasRavenwood wrote:
Are there any details about when the comic will be released and sold?

The only details revealed so far are "2012"

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

These details are all still being worked out. We'll share them with you guys some point after we know them ourselves! :)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

Great thanks

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

I'd subscribe. I've got a herd of little gamers in my house who would eat this up. Daddy might read them every once in a while too.

Silver Crusade

I would also subscribe as my LCS does not currently carry any Dynamite titles.


Any more news about the comic book? Considering it's been 4 months since we heard anything.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Serithvc wrote:
Any more news about the comic book? Considering it's been 4 months since we heard anything.

Things are being finalized!

Cheliax

good to hear things are being finalized

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Expect to see more news about the comic very shortly!

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Expect to see more news about the comic very shortly!

Sweet!

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sweet! If there is a subscription I am there :)

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Wow sneak peak! Too bad there's no Alex Ross cover though.... August release... ouch... this, Runelord hardcover, runelord minis.... plus my normal subscription stuff


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

August release date. In time for Gen Con, yes?


Yes, keep us posted on the possibility of a subscription. As often as I make it to my local Comic Shop (not often at all), a subscription would do me much good.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Keep it simple. A subscription would be best. I don't want to run the risk of not getting around to the local comic dealer in time and miss an issue.

Later,

Mazra

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

3 people marked this as a favorite.

Subscription is happening. Just working out the final details with Dynamite. Expect to hear about this shortly.

The first issue is scheduled for an August 8th release, just in time for Gen Con!

I'm looking over the book for final approvals right now, and it's GREAT!


Great to hear about subscription happening - we don't really have comic bookstores in Sweden (except, maybe, in the two or three biggest cities; I just don't know), and I doubt my local supermarket will be carrying the title. :)


Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:
Subscription is happening. Just working out the final details with Dynamite. Expect to hear about this shortly.

Awesome.

You guys put out so much great stuff that I can't keep on top of it, and I'd hate to miss things like this.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sweet, more subscriptiony goodness. Excellent news for those of us who don't live anywhere near a comic book store.


The second it becomes available to subscribe (Assuming I'm not at work), I will. So, keep us posted please.


Still eagerly waiting for info on subscription.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game Subscriber

Just throwing out more interest, and waiting to hear on it.

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Any news yet about subscriptions? That Aug 8th release date is approaching fast.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

dracomancer wrote:
Any news yet about subscriptions? That Aug 8th release date is approaching fast.

Worry not; it's in the works. (And while it is slated for August, I'm not sure if it's August 8 or not.)

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Any word on the subscriptions yet? It's getting really close to Gen Con and the comic's release.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Nodnarb wrote:
Any word on the subscriptions yet? It's getting really close to Gen Con and the comic's release.

The street date for Pathfinder #1 is August 22, which is *after* Gen Con, though we will be selling a special Gen Con-exclusive edition of #1 during the show at our booth (and we'll have copies for sale after the show at paizo.com).

Nevertheless, I still expect subs to be up before Gen Con.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Is the GenCon-exclusive edition simply an alternative cover? additional pages of story? or additional rpg content in the back of the book?

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Card Game Subscriber

How limited will the Gencon run be? I plan to subscribe as soon as it's open, but if there's an exclusive, I'd like to pick that up while I'm there, but curious how much fighting I'll have to contend with (and if I should head to Paizo's booth first).


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Vic Wertz wrote:

The street date for Pathfinder #1 is August 22, which is *after* Gen Con, though we will be selling a special Gen Con-exclusive edition of #1 during the show at our booth (and we'll have copies for sale after the show at paizo.com).

Nevertheless, I still expect subs to be up before Gen Con.

No doubt this is the kind of thing which will be clarified once it goes live. But since I'm both excited at the upcoming August and an impatient sort, I'll ask anyhow..

.
Will this be treated as a 'third party' subscription a la PF Battles (ie with its own separate shipping date each month, not necessarily aligned with the more usual date) or will it be bundled up and released concurrently with the regular Pathfinder titles?

If the former, will there be a way to set my PF Battles to ship immediately but my comics subscription to ship with my regular PF subs?

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

The Gen Con–exclusive is the same as the regular edition, apart from the cover.

We think we're bringing lots, but we've never done this before, so we honestly have no idea if/when they might sell out.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Steve Geddes wrote:
Will this be treated as a 'third party' subscription a la PF Battles (ie with its own separate shipping date each month, not necessarily aligned with the more usual date) or will it be bundled up and released concurrently with the regular Pathfinder titles?

It will be treated like the Pathfinder Battle subs, in that Dynamite sets their own release date for their comic, which may or may not be the same day Paizo sets for our products any given month. (It will, like our own products and like Pathfinder Battles, always be a Wednesday, though.)

Steve Geddes wrote:
If the former, will there be a way to set my PF Battles to ship immediately but my comics subscription to ship with my regular PF subs?

These interactions get way too complex to code; I think the only choices you'll have will be "Hold for Monthly" or "Never Hold Anything."


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

No worries. Thanks, Vic.

I'm willing to bet "Never Hold Anything" wins out. I'll see how my self-control holds up..

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Erik Mona wrote:

Subscription is happening. Just working out the final details with Dynamite. Expect to hear about this shortly.

The first issue is scheduled for an August 8th release, just in time for Gen Con!

I'm looking over the book for final approvals right now, and it's GREAT!

Woohoo! August 8th is my birthday! I'm definitely looking forward to the subscription, as I'm horrible at making down to the store to pick up comics. I'll grab mine on Day 1 at the Con. :-)

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

So any news on when the subscription and or preorders might get listed?


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Hopefully it's gone from "soon" to "imminent".

Andoran

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

Subscribed!

Qadira

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Same here. :)


Y'know, I'm planning to subscribe to the comics and the Shattered Star AP, but the Paizo.com-exclusive cover that comes with the sub... sad to say, it just doesn't do much for me. If I sub to the comic, can I opt to receive another version (such as the 'standard - Erik Jones' cover) instead?

(Admins, if this isn't the best place for this query, please feel free to move it.)


Was I the only one to choke on paying more for the shipping than the comic? I'll support the local comic bokstore at the risk of missing the exclusive covers (and yes I know if I get all 5 the shipping cost would be more reasonable and yes if i had another subscription they'd all come together but I'm not a collector and the monthly onslaught of supplements is more than I chose to keep up with!)

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Trace Coburn wrote:

Y'know, I'm planning to subscribe to the comics and the Shattered Star AP, but the Paizo.com-exclusive cover that comes with the sub... sad to say, it just doesn't do much for me. If I sub to the comic, can I opt to receive another version (such as the 'standard - Erik Jones' cover) instead?

(Admins, if this isn't the best place for this query, please feel free to move it.)

Offering subs that require customer input on a monthly basis isn't really something we're keen on. If you'd like to buy covers other than the paizo.com exclusive, you'll need to do it outside of a sub.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

With the AP subscription assuming one has one. You can buy the cover of the comic you want for almost the same price after the AP discount on physical products. Just requires a bit more effort then subscribing.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Subscribed! I may have missed this, but is the comic based on an AP?


Vic Wertz wrote:
Trace Coburn wrote:

Y'know, I'm planning to subscribe to the comics and the Shattered Star AP, but the Paizo.com-exclusive cover that comes with the sub... sad to say, it just doesn't do much for me. If I sub to the comic, can I opt to receive another version (such as the 'standard - Erik Jones' cover) instead?

(Admins, if this isn't the best place for this query, please feel free to move it.)

Offering subs that require customer input on a monthly basis isn't really something we're keen on. If you'd like to buy covers other than the paizo.com exclusive, you'll need to do it outside of a sub.

A statement that causes minor chagrin, but no real surprise. Gawd knows we customers find enough other ways to cause you grief. :D Understood, and thanks for the clarification, Vic.

Dark_Mistress wrote:
With the AP subscription assuming one has one. You can buy the cover of the comic you want for almost the same price after the AP discount on physical products. Just requires a bit more effort then subscribing.

... shows how clearly I'm thinking when I post at oh-dark-early, doesn't it? :) I'll just have to remember to manually order the right issues/covers.

Off to the Shopping Cart I go, then....

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

Mazra wrote:
Subscribed! I may have missed this, but is the comic based on an AP?

Nope—it's a new story.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Paizo Licensed Products / General Discussion / Pathfinder Comic Book Subscription All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in General Discussion

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.