Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

WA, Tacoma - Looking to start regular Pathfinder group


Gamer Connection


Fellow PF gamers in the Tacoma, WA area: I'm looking to start a regular weekly or biweekly Pathfinder game in the Tacoma area. I can host or we can find a suitable meeting place (there are several game shops in the area where we can meet and play if that works better for everyone).

I'm 38, been playing RPG's since I was 13. I can happily GM, but can play a PC as well. I have all the core books, several supplements and modules, etc, so if you've wanted to get into a PF game but don't want to invest yet I've got you covered. I'm open to new gamers as well as experienced players, as long as you have an interest in Pathfinder!

Also we can mix it up and throw in the occasional game of Descent, Munchkin, Talisman, or other board games. But my main goal is to get together a group of solid role players and have some fun! Getting characters to levels where they can do all the cool stuff is important, but we can start with some players who are motivated and enjoy the process of working your way through the levels.

I currently play in a weekly game on Wednesday nights up in Bremerton, but would really like to form a core group in Tacoma for a regular weekend game. I've got tons of experience as a GM. I used to run a game store in the mid 90's. I've got a wonderful girlfriend who is supportive of my gaming interests so no conflicts there.

Drop me a line if you're interested and let's get to adventuring!


I certainly am interested. I live in Graham (in-case you know where that is.) I tend to GM so I'd prefer to play, but a rotating GM schedule could be cool. I'm nearly 23 (16 days away) but I've been told I tend to fit in more with those my senior.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask.


kyrt-ryder wrote:

I certainly am interested. I live in Graham (in-case you know where that is.) I tend to GM so I'd prefer to play, but a rotating GM schedule could be cool. I'm nearly 23 (16 days away) but I've been told I tend to fit in more with those my senior.

If there's anything else you'd like to know, feel free to ask.

Surely I know where Graham is. I'm off of 112th and Pacific.

Sounds great, I've been wanting to get back to GMing for awhile. I'm new to PF, about 6 months or so. I don't mind if my players know lots of rules or a few. My story telling is strong so I think that will make for a great game overall. I found long ago that it's better for a GM to be able to spin a great story than to be just a rules jockey who can't weave an interesting tale or is stuck going by the numbers in a module. I enjoy a good mix of fun, intrigue and drama as well as squashing the bad guys.

Let me know what your schedule is like. Does a weekend game work for you?


Right now I'm in a mostly weekly (once in a while we don't manage to pull through) Chat/Gametable game on Sundays, but Saturday is wide open.

Not this Saturday for sure though, because I have a puppy that just had surgery and she'll still be recovering. I highly doubt we'd accumulate the rest of the required players that quickly anyway :P

Concerning the rules, I am quite the 'rules jockey.' I've got a lot of respect for the GM chair, but by the same token I'm not afraid to remind rules that haven't been explicitly houseruled out (or the GM's own houserules when the situation calls for it :P) so long as I'm allowed to.

I tend to favor a game with a vast swath of options, the more the better (hence when I'm GMing everything from 3.0 onwards is on the table to submit to the GM for review) but obviously its up to you how much material you want to include.


Yeah for sure we won't be ready this weekend, and I have some stuff lined up anyway. But I do not mind if you or other players have a great knowledge of the rules, and I'm sure your way ahead of me on that department. Sometimes I find one player works very well alongside me to help facilitate rules questions and it can save a lot of game time and keep a good pace.

Maybe we can meet up at the Puyallup Mall at some point in the near future. Let me know what works for you.


The Puyallup mall? I'm not familiar with a mall by such name (though I'll admit I don't visit the valley part of Puyallup very often.

Do you mean the South Hill Mall? If so, that would be fine with me. I'm currently without wheels, so the fact that it's right on a bus route helps a lot.


Yes South Hill Mall. Or if another place in Tacoma works better for you let me know.


South Hill Mall (or most places along Meridian) is probably the most convenient place :P But there is a lot of space on Pacific Avenue that would be appropriate as well, I'll look up a map of the primary bus route up that way. (I can swap buses as well if I must, but that's more hassle than I would prefer :P)


If you can get to the South Hill Mall or somewhere on Pacific between 112th and 180th I can likely pick up/drop off from there. We can get to transportation after we get a few more players because we may get lucky and find someone close to you for a rideshare situation.


So apparently I don't know my local bus system quite as well as I'd like. Going up Pacific will require a transfer moderately close to where I live, but it can get me pretty deep into Tacoma.

Here's the relevant bus route


If you can get to the 121st St & Pacific transfer station that's 3 mins from my house. If we play at my place this will be super easy to get you picked up from there.

Are you free tomorrow to meet up? I enjoy any reason to go to the South Hill Mall for some Del Taco :)


Regrettably, no I am not. As I said, puppy just got back from surgery today. We could hold an instant messenger discussion to start things off if you liked though.

Which IM would you prefer?


Oops that's right, spaced that. Skype work for you?


It does, but I have to warn you I don't have it installed and use an alternate program for it, so some of the features won't work. (That and I don't actually have a mic, never bothered with it :P)


I suggest we revert the old standby, a phone call ;)


Sir Jeffrey wrote:
I suggest we revert the old standby, a phone call ;)

Bah, too old fashioned ;P

Regardless, please feel free to hit my email with your phone number at any time.

Kyrt's Email:

No spaces

kyrt ryder @ the game . com


Kyrt - msg sent.

Any other Tacoma area players interested in joining in go ahead and post and let's get rolling!!


Sorry for the late reply, puppy's been having issues. Here's hoping we can pick up at least one more cool Paizo forum person, but Pen and Paper Games could be a good place to go looking for more.

(I've also heard about meetup something or other, but never experimented with it myself.)


Sorry I haven't contacted you yet Jeff, I got caught up in some family issues and distracted by the boards (and lacking text messaging I wasn't sure what would be a good time to call and I only now thought of emailing you back.)

Anyways, William is looking to form a group as well, so I thought I'd throw you a heads-up.


No worries Kyrt. I currently work from home doing my own ebay business so I'm flexible on time and you can contact me days after 10am up to 10pm.

I met up with another cool guy yesterday who wants to learn PF and I ran him through some beginner scenarios. He's jazzed about it and I think he'll be a great addition to the new group.

Any other Tacoma area people interested let's talk!


Pst, don't forget to hit up William's thread and drop him a line :P


I don't know if you guys have a full game but if you have room for another player I'd really like to get involved in a weekend game. I am most interested in playing on sundays.I've games forever. Close to twenty years depressingly enough. I trend to dm but I'd rather play honestly. if you have the room in your game please let me know.


Na!rb wrote:
I don't know if you guys have a full game but if you have room for another player I'd really like to get involved in a weekend game. I am most interested in playing on sundays.I've games forever. Close to twenty years depressingly enough. I trend to dm but I'd rather play honestly. if you have the room in your game please let me know.

Thanks for your interest. As of right now I was able to put together a group with 4 players and myself. We've had 2 sessions so far and it's going great. If things change or someone drops out I'll be in touch.


No problem. If you know of anyone interests in playing let me know ok? I am looking to startmy own game.


Sir Jeffrey wrote:

Fellow PF gamers in the Tacoma, WA area: I'm looking to start a regular weekly or biweekly Pathfinder game in the Tacoma area. I can host or we can find a suitable meeting place (there are several game shops in the area where we can meet and play if that works better for everyone).

I'm 38, been playing RPG's since I was 13. I can happily GM, but can play a PC as well. I have all the core books, several supplements and modules, etc, so if you've wanted to get into a PF game but don't want to invest yet I've got you covered. I'm open to new gamers as well as experienced players, as long as you have an interest in Pathfinder!

Also we can mix it up and throw in the occasional game of Descent, Munchkin, Talisman, or other board games. But my main goal is to get together a group of solid role players and have some fun! Getting characters to levels where they can do all the cool stuff is important, but we can start with some players who are motivated and enjoy the process of working your way through the levels.

I currently play in a weekly game on Wednesday nights up in Bremerton, but would really like to form a core group in Tacoma for a regular weekend game. I've got tons of experience as a GM. I used to run a game store in the mid 90's. I've got a wonderful girlfriend who is supportive of my gaming interests so no conflicts there.

Drop me a line if you're interested and let's get to adventuring!

Hi,

I am looking to join a PathFinder RPG group in the Tacoma area. I played a lot of 2E DnD (Forgotten Realms) in high school, about oh, 15 years ago. So it has been awhile since I have role-played, but I would like to get back into it, and PathFinder looks fun. If there is room in your game please let me know. Weekends are good, with Sundays best.

Thanks,
James


At this point the current group of 4 players and myself are into our 4th session of a homebrew adventure I'm running. Two of the players are going back to college in the next week or two, so things may be changing up a bit. As things change I will post here and let you guys know.

Glad to see there is some more interest here in Tacoma!


Great! I will keep an eye on this thread, and I look forward for a chance to try PathFinder in the near future.

Be well,
James


Are you folks still looking for new players? I live in South Tacoma, and I want to join a close game so I don't have to cancel games. Let me know!


I've been looking for a Pathfinder game since I got to WA. I'm in the Navy and living in Silverdale (apparently Bremerton is the blackhole of Pathfinder games). I would be interested in trying to get into a game if you have space.


PM sent to MTO and nameurl regarding joining our regular group.


Are you still looking for players? I'm pretty new to gaming and would love to play with some experienced gamers. I'm 25 and live on the North End.


Hi! I and my house mates and one of our friends are looking for an extra player/GM. There will be anywhere between 2-6 of us. We do have children, so hosting a game would work out best for us. Please let us know if there is anybody that is interested in playing.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gaming / Gamer Connection / WA, Tacoma - Looking to start regular Pathfinder group All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.