Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge


Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge

2,501 to 2,550 of 4,311 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Stupottery wrote:
Random question if one were to multiclass a monk would your bonus to flurry of blows go up? i am talking about the bonus to hit not getting more attack or anything, i am under the impression that it would not, but i would love to be proven wrong.

There's a sentence in the Monk section of the Core that I think clarifies this. Please allow me to quote (clears his throat like a stuffy professor):

"Starting at 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapon (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus from his monk class levels is equal to his monk level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the monk uses his normal base attack bonus."

I interpret this to say that Flurry of Blows uses your monk level ONLY to calculate the bonus if you're multi-classed.

Does that help?

-Dink

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber
Paul Trani wrote:

Nope. The character has to legally be able to accept credit for that module.

See HERE.

-Dink

Thanks, I thought so. Guess I'll have to shut down my gunslinger until Scarab.

Cheliax **

Paul Trani wrote:
Stupottery wrote:
Random question if one were to multiclass a monk would your bonus to flurry of blows go up? i am talking about the bonus to hit not getting more attack or anything, i am under the impression that it would not, but i would love to be proven wrong.

There's a sentence in the Monk section of the Core that I think clarifies this. Please allow me to quote (clears his throat like a stuffy professor):

"Starting at 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapon (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus from his monk class levels is equal to his monk level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the monk uses his normal base attack bonus."

I interpret this to say that Flurry of Blows uses your monk level ONLY to calculate the bonus if you're multi-classed.

Does that help?

-Dink

Yes that is what i was thinking thanks

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

That'll teach me to just run on common sense without opening the rule book. ;)

Silver Crusade *

Chris Ballard wrote:
Paul Trani wrote:

Nope. The character has to legally be able to accept credit for that module.

See HERE.

-Dink

Thanks, I thought so. Guess I'll have to shut down my gunslinger until Scarab.

The scenario I am running Saturday is 3-7 if you are looking to play your 6th level character

** RPG Superstar 2014 Top 16, RPG Superstar 2013 Top 16

Paul Trani wrote:

"Starting at 1st level, a monk can make a flurry of blows as a full-attack action. When doing so he may make one additional attack using any combination of unarmed strikes or attacks with a special monk weapon (kama, nunchaku, quarterstaff, sai, shuriken, and siangham) as if using the Two-Weapon Fighting feat (even if the monk does not meet the prerequisites for the feat). For the purpose of these attacks, the monk's base attack bonus from his monk class levels is equal to his monk level. For all other purposes, such as qualifying for a feat or a prestige class, the monk uses his normal base attack bonus."

I interpret this to say that Flurry of Blows uses your monk level ONLY to calculate the bonus if you're multi-classed.

Does that help?

-Dink

Bolded for emphasis. BAB from monk levels is equal to the number of monk levels. BAB from other levels is added normally. I don't remember where, but I know I read that stated explicitly by a dev somewhere.

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

There's a FAQ on it.

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

That'll teach me to just run on common sense without opening the rule book (or checking the FAQ). ;)

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

That'll teach me as well. How wonderfully confusing. So, it doesn't matter. Your attack bonus for flurry of blows is equal to your BAB.

There's a quote from Fenster from The Usual Suspects that sums up my thoughts to the way this was worded by the Core RB. You know the quote.

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Paul Trani wrote:
That'll teach me as well. How wonderfully confusing. So, it doesn't matter. Your attack bonus for flurry of blows is equal to your BAB.

Huh? No, if you're (say) a Monk4/Fighter4, you have a BAB of 7, or a flurrying BAB of 8.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

I am audibly growling right now. CONFUSING!!! (punches himself in the face)

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber
Granyt wrote:
Chris Ballard wrote:
Paul Trani wrote:

Nope. The character has to legally be able to accept credit for that module.

See HERE.

-Dink

Thanks, I thought so. Guess I'll have to shut down my gunslinger until Scarab.
The scenario I am running Saturday is 3-7 if you are looking to play your 6th level character

The character is currently level 5. I'm trying to figure what I should or shouldn't do with it between now and Scarab. It already has credit for In Wrath's Shadow.

Andoran **

Any one looking to go to Mace Looking for a Roomy For hotel,or does any one know of any cheaper Hotels near there would be cool. 89 a night a lil high. lol

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

Looks like the Scarab PFS schedule is up.

Scarab Warhorn


Chris Ballard wrote:
The character is currently level 5. I'm trying to figure what I should or shouldn't do with it between now and Scarab. It already has credit for In Wrath's Shadow.

Do you have any scenario series that you need to complete before levelling out of them, like QFP?

Osirion *

Jiggy wrote:
Paul Trani wrote:
That'll teach me as well. How wonderfully confusing. So, it doesn't matter. Your attack bonus for flurry of blows is equal to your BAB.
Huh? No, if you're (say) a Monk4/Fighter4, you have a BAB of 7, or a flurrying BAB of 8.

In the text above it says his BAB is equal to his monk level, so in your example BAB 7, Flurry BAB 4. Right?

Grand Lodge ** RPG Superstar 2012 Top 32

Thorynn wrote:
Jiggy wrote:
Paul Trani wrote:
That'll teach me as well. How wonderfully confusing. So, it doesn't matter. Your attack bonus for flurry of blows is equal to your BAB.
Huh? No, if you're (say) a Monk4/Fighter4, you have a BAB of 7, or a flurrying BAB of 8.
In the text above it says his BAB is equal to his monk level, so in your example BAB 7, Flurry BAB 4. Right?

As per the FAQ I linked earlier, flurry only modifies BAB from monk levels, which stack as normal with BAB from other levels. The example given in the FAQ is that a Fighter19/Monk1 has a normal BAB of 19, or a flurry BAB of 20.

Osirion ***** Venture-Captain, South Carolina—Lexington aka DCII

Yes I finally have the PFS schedule up and running for SCARAB. We are going to begin loading board games, miniature games and other RPGS over the next several weeks.

Osirion *

Ah, I see. My monk/cleric just got a wee bit more deadly. Thanks!

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber
Keovar wrote:
Chris Ballard wrote:
The character is currently level 5. I'm trying to figure what I should or shouldn't do with it between now and Scarab. It already has credit for In Wrath's Shadow.
Do you have any scenario series that you need to complete before levelling out of them, like QFP?

I am just going to need to shut the character down until Scarab.

This is my Tengu gunslinger. I do need to run QFP part 3 for him. I will be running it at Scarab.

I will play my cleric more often for now.

Andoran **

Ok next Saturday Is the Weekend before Halloween, Here is An idea how about we have Scarey or some what like Scenarios running and if peeps wanted to they could dress up like there PC maybe just thanking of Halloween or something to the effect.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Dear All,

The Pathfinder Card Game playtest is a no-go for us for now. More info if we get a slot. Sorry for those interested.

-Dink

Sczarni *** Venture-Captain, North Carolina—Asheville aka Luthril

baileyone79 wrote:
Ok next Saturday Is the Weekend before Halloween, Here is An idea how about we have Scarey or some what like Scenarios running and if peeps wanted to they could dress up like there PC maybe just thanking of Halloween or something to the effect.

AWESOME Idea!! I'll be in Florida on Vacation.... but doo thiss and I want PICTURES!!

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Happy Monday Morning, my moody Mongrelmen....

Are you enjoying Pumpkin Season? Football Time? Leaf Raking? Well put that all to the side, because we at the APL have a jam-packed week of Pathfinder action for you....

Tomorrow night (Tuesday), we'll be gaming at the Deck Box in Fletcher. We've got a lovely, loyal, and growing group of Pathfinders there, and the good folk at the Deck Box have even started carrying some Pathfinder books in stock - something they hadn't done up until last month! We'll be continuing the Devil We Know multi-part scenario from Season One: this week, it's Part Two, Cassomir's Locker. We've only got one game planned, so any budding GMs are welcome as well. Give me a holler.

On Friday, we'll be unveiling the long-anticipated 'GM 101' course at the WT - entitled "So You Wanna be a PFS GM?" Your course masters (CMs) for this exercise are StrangePackages, Zylphryx, Thorynn, and yours truly. We'll likely start around 7PM. This is guaranteed to be a lively and raucous class designed to prepare any potential GM for running a game in any system (not just Pathfinder, though there are some aspects of the class specific to this). Sign up is on the WARHORN site. Grab a spot in the class today!

Saturday is APL Game Day! We've got 4 games scheduled (2 early, 2 late), and of course, there always will be extra games added as needed for the overflow. Our own BaileyOne has suggested people come in costume as this will be the Game Day closest to Halloween, so Costume Up, people!

A final shout-out to our buddy Aravandor who has been recuperating after a nasty bout with pneumonia. Get well soon, man! Luth has been talking about wanting to kill your PC, so get back to the Lodge soon.

That is all for this lovely Monday in the fall, y'all. What are you waiting for?

SIGN-UP ALREADY!

-Paul

Silver Crusade **

Slow week for the legal biz. Any interest in a Thursday or Friday 'High Noon' table at WT? Can run just about anything.

Cheliax **

Karak the Tall wrote:
Slow week for the legal biz. Any interest in a Thursday or Friday 'High Noon' table at WT? Can run just about anything.

If anyone else is interested in a friday game i would be as well


Karak the Tall wrote:
Slow week for the legal biz. Any interest in a Thursday or Friday 'High Noon' table at WT? Can run just about anything.

Neurologist appt. Thursday, but Friday could work.

Shadow Lodge **

I *might* be able to... very iffy but I'll see what I can manage. I would definitely be interested...

Andoran **

Im In For Fri High noon who be running

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

Hey, did anyone at the table at ACE by any chance pick up the mini I use for Sarina? I can't find it anywhere.

Cheliax **

baileyone79 wrote:

Im In For Fri High noon who be running

Me. Looks like we have enough for a table Friday.

Anything you want to play? I sort of wanted to try Mists of Mwangi if no one has done that. But I'm up for almost anything.

Shadow Lodge **

Me too!
I'll be a tad late though

EDIT: Luth, If you could shoot me some good tier 1-2/3-5 Scenarios that would be great!
Email: obscurelego@live.com

Sczarni *** Venture-Captain, North Carolina—Asheville aka Luthril

Galen Fiore Kral wrote:

Me too!

I'll be a tad late though

EDIT: Luth, If you could shoot me some good tier 1-2/3-5 Scenarios that would be great!
Email: obscurelego@live.com

Sorry Galen. On vaca in florida. No access to my stuff. All I have is my phone.

Shadow Lodge **

Hey all -

As a solution to my lust for more PFS adventures, and the difficulty of assembling a later night in-person session, I have decided to work towards assembling a group for some virtual tabletop sessions, using Ventrilo for voice comm and either Fantasy Grounds or rolld20.net as the virtual environment. I am leaning towards rolld20.net for now as it is free and Paizo has an upcoming virtual tabletop option that is yet to be well-defined.

So... I am reaching out here to see who in the APL would be interested. I know I will have myself and possibly 2-3 others (one local, two not) for most sessions. I currently expect to GM the sessions (I've been practicing!) unless someone else is interested in filling that role and learning the software. My preference at this point would be smaller group size to run the earlier seasons at a group size of 4, unless we have significant interest.

My expectation is to be operational in about a month. Current expectations are to run a session at minimum every other week to fill in where APL does not meet, if not more. Fridays are likely candidates, with a possible start time of ~8-9pm. I'm open to extending modules over several sessions if desired to allow a leisurely approach to more time consuming modules.

Please send me a personal message or comment here in the public thread so I can gauge interest before seeking participants elsewhere.

Looking forward to more opportunities to inflict my sad excuse for throat singing on both the APL and unfortunate enemies...

Osirion *

I've participated in a couple of online PFS games and they can be really cool, but plan in some troubleshooting time. Especially initially it can be tough to get everybody on the same page.

We've been using MapTool and google hangouts to handle the audio/video chat. The google hangout works really well, maptool takes some configuring, but has some really handy built in macros for all sorts of stuff.

For maptool there are a lot of tutorials available both on their site and the aptly named OnlineDM blog.

I might be in to a late night game as my work schedule is changing soon to 230pm - 1130pm.

Sczarni

Go second shift worker! I know how that is... :-(

Cheliax **

Alrighty,just confirming we're a go for Friday at High Noon for Mists of Mwangi. Look forward to seeing you guys then. Its tiers 1-2 and 4-5.

Shadow Lodge **

Luthril wrote:
Galen Fiore Kral wrote:

Me too!

I'll be a tad late though

EDIT: Luth, If you could shoot me some good tier 1-2/3-5 Scenarios that would be great!
Email: obscurelego@live.com

Sorry Galen. On vaca in florida. No access to my stuff. All I have is my phone.

Ah its fine, as soon as you can will be great!

Shadow Lodge **

7th Son wrote:
Alrighty,just confirming we're a go for Friday at High Noon for Mists of Mwangi. Look forward to seeing you guys then. Its tiers 1-2 and 4-5.

YAY!

Osirion **

Hey all, just popping back onto the board. Still down in New Orleans. But I'd be interested in online games if you start them up. I've played in a few PFS games online since heading back here. I haven't used FantasyGrounds, but both Roll20 and Maptool are easy enough to learn. Maptool can be more difficult if you get into the frameworks. The audio/video chat in Roll20 needs some help, but if you're using Ventrillo, it won't matter.

Anyway, it will all depend on when the games are running, as work has resumed for me and free time is slowly vanishing.

Jason

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Happy Birthday, Chris Ballard!

We'll be rocking out at the Wyvern's Tale tonite, folks. It's here: So You Wanna Be a PFS GM? Our very own edition of 'GM 101' - starting at 7PM tonite and guaranteed to be more fun than a barrel full of grindylows! Check out the madness, if you're not Mooging it up.

And tomorrow will be more mayhem as the APL throws open its doors once more. We've got 4 games scheduled with 2 more in the wings if we need....you're guaranteed to have some fun, or your money back! Note: no money will be paid back.

MACE is coming up next weekend, boys and girls, and you, too, can still get in on the action. Check out the website here: MACE!

That's all for this Friday, ladies and gents. Let's go get some loot!

-Dink

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber
Paul Trani wrote:

Happy Birthday, Chris Ballard!

-Dink

Thanks.

Sczarni

i have had dathe in the famliey in will not be abile to make it to
the gm class or the game this week

Sczarni

zebaroth wrote:

i have had dathe in the famliey in will not be abile to make it to

the gm class or the game this week

i might be able to make it this week it depends on how i feel

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

I hope the GM 101 went well. Unfortunately, I was on the road back this evening. I should be at WT for Saturday's games.

Silver Crusade ***

We missed ya Chris, hope ya had a good birthday.

GM 101 was a sucssess it was full of laughs and verry useful info. Thanks to all the GMs that perticipated and our ones that tought the workshops. You guys put a lot of work into makeing them fun and informitive.

See everyone in a cuple hours for our regularly sceduled programming. :)

Cheliax **

Thanks to the High Noon crew for a fun game Friday. Mists is a bit of a monster hotel, but your sole melee-meister held down the fort well with some big support from his caster crew! Hope to catch you guys again.


7th Son wrote:
Thanks to the High Noon crew for a fun game Friday. Mists is a bit of a monster hotel, but your sole melee-meister held down the fort well with some big support from his caster crew! Hope to catch you guys again.

Hey, thanks for running it!

Cheliax **

7th Son wrote:
Thanks to the High Noon crew for a fun game Friday. Mists is a bit of a monster hotel, but your sole melee-meister held down the fort well with some big support from his caster crew! Hope to catch you guys again.

yes thank you i enjoyed it

2,501 to 2,550 of 4,311 << first < prev | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge / Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.