Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge


Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,312 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Andoran **

Ferious Thune wrote:
Chris Ballard wrote:

For PFS, if a character dies, does the scenarios that one completed become available for credit for other characters that person plays?

If my cleric were to die, who has quest for perfection part 3 credit, would another character of mine be able to play that scenario for credit?

I noticed this line in the list of updates to the Pathfinder Guide:

Mike Brock wrote:
Updated text so GMs are now allowed to take boons when they are offered on a Chronicle sheet.

I thought you might be interested, since this would seem to indicate that if you run Quest for Perfection 3 as a GM after the changes go into effect on August 16th, you'll be able to apply the sheet to your Gunslinger and get the Axebeak Boon. I hope that's true and it works out for you, cause, man, that was rough to watch at the end of the game when you didn't get a sheet.

For any GM's that want to verify, or anyone who's interested, here's the blog post:

Changes to Pathfinder Society

thanks guys i bought hero lab it works nicely maaahaaaa lol sorry yes

Osirion ***** Venture-Captain, South Carolina—Lexington aka DCII

Chris Ballard wrote:
In the new PFS Rules guide a person who uses the character record folio gets a die reroll. I'm wondering does that extend to the printed version of the pdf?

You have to have the portfolio not a printed pdf.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Granyt wrote:
I will run an Intro Saturday at 5:30. probably intro 2 this time since I ran intro 1 tonight, I will also need some help on how to properly put tonight's sheets online so they get proper credit.

Granyt, go to the Pathfinder Society area. You'll need to create an event for last night (and another one for this Saturday as well). That link is HERE (on the right-hand side of the page).

When you click on it and sign into your account, go to the GM/Event Coordinator tab, scroll down, and click on the link that says "I hosted or will host a Pathfinder Society event and need to create the event, report the event, or both: Create Your Event."

Follow the instructions from there.

Let me know if you have any questions, and KUDOS to running your first game! Now you can start your inexorable trek toward 5-star GM goodness!

Oh, and everybody ask Nillic what his big news is. (It's BIG NEWS).

Congratulations on getting HeroLab, Bailey. Plan on spending the weekend creating new characters. Such fun!

Congratulations to Chris Ballard on the #2000 post! It's ironic that Chris should be the winner of the #2000th post contest: when I first started looking on the Paizo messageboards for any Asheville PFS presence, the only two names I found on here were Zylphryx and Chris. I made contact with Zylphryx pretty quickly, but I emailed and emailed and emailed Chris without ANY response for months. And now he wins the Quest for 2000 posts - congratulations, my friend! Your prize will be awarded next weekend at our next Lodge Meeting.

Happy Friday, you Qadiran Qrazies. Sign up for some games!

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber
dinketry wrote:

Congratulations to Chris Ballard on the #2000 post! It's ironic that Chris should be the winner of the #2000th post contest: when I first started looking on the Paizo messageboards for any Asheville PFS presence, the only two names I found on here were Zylphryx and Chris. I made contact with Zylphryx pretty quickly, but I emailed and emailed and emailed Chris without ANY response for months. And now he wins the Quest for 2000 posts - congratulations, my friend! Your prize will be awarded next weekend at our next Lodge Meeting.

Happy Friday, you Qadiran Qrazies. Sign up for some games!

Hmmm, emails? I don't remember getting any emails.

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

If a person is wearing a faction shirt and is using the character record folio, would that allow for 2 rerolls for the session?

Osirion ***** Venture-Captain, South Carolina—Lexington aka DCII

NO. Only 1 re-roll per session is allowed. You could loan the shirt to another player to wear. Things that make you go EEEewwwwwww!

Silver Crusade ***

dinketry wrote:
Granyt wrote:
I will run an Intro Saturday at 5:30. probably intro 2 this time since I ran intro 1 tonight, I will also need some help on how to properly put tonight's sheets online so they get proper credit.
Granyt, go to the Pathfinder Society area. You'll need to create an event for last night (and another one for this Saturday as well). That link is HERE (on the right-hand side of the page).

I'd suggest one event with multiple days, I use this format with APL North and my midweek games the info never changes other then Date so it allows you to memorize only one # and makes it possible to jist spit out that # at every event and not stress about not having it for the sheets if u forgot to set up one for the evening.

dink wrote:
Congratulations to Chris Ballard on the #2000 post!

:( you were MIA during the1000th post. I got it on my 100th and completely on accident too :)


Aly We Be Goblins sounds great, everyone can be loud and have fun so it will fit right in. Is there a time slot you want? Anywhere between 5pm & 1am

I'll be leaving around 10:30 but you guys can keep running your games after that if you'd like.
Stu is running Intros 1 & 2 (I can't remember the name) at 5:30

Thanks so much for your help!


So yeah, as Mr. Dinketry said we have some big news.

Monte Cook is coming to The Wyvern's Tale.

Yes, that Monte Cook.

It happens in the summer of 2013, so there is planning time. He is running a kickstarter for his new RPG Numenera and we backed it and were lucky enough to get in on one of two spots available.

He is going to fly here from Seattle, give a talk, do a book signing, and run a game at the store. I almost passed out when we finalized it.

Tell your friends, it's going to be amazing.

Silver Crusade ***

nillic wrote:

So yeah, as Mr. Dinketry said we have some big news.

Monte Cook is coming to The Wyvern's Tale.

Yes, that Monte Cook.

It happens in the summer of 2013, so there is planning time. He is running a kickstarter for his new RPG Numenera and we backed it and were lucky enough to get in on one of two spots available.

He is going to fly here from Seattle, give a talk, do a book signing, and run a game at the store. I almost passed out when we finalized it.

Tell your friends, it's going to be amazing.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what to say you guys are Awesome!!!

time to get my special edition 3.5 GMs guide signed!

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

nillic wrote:

So yeah, as Mr. Dinketry said we have some big news.

Monte Cook is coming to The Wyvern's Tale.

Yes, that Monte Cook.

It happens in the summer of 2013, so there is planning time. He is running a kickstarter for his new RPG Numenera and we backed it and were lucky enough to get in on one of two spots available.

He is going to fly here from Seattle, give a talk, do a book signing, and run a game at the store. I almost passed out when we finalized it.

Tell your friends, it's going to be amazing.

Woot! the only questions remaining are:

1) It won't conflict with Paizocon/Gen con/Dragoncon 2013, will it?

2) How will folks who get to play in the game be determined?

Osirion

from the excitement im sensing on this, im guessing a knife fight to the death.

Just remember each contestant must clean the blood from the carpet.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Just to clarify for you UNCA gamers...the Warhorn reflects two events being run on 8/25;

1) A 'We Be Goblins' adventure starring our very own AlyGlows in her PFS GM premiere (applause, applause) as well as;

2) An 8-hour block featuring illustrious APL GM Stupottery running Intro Step 1 followed immediately by Intro Step 2;

Now if that ain't more fun than a dark closet full of Rovagug worshippers, I don't know what is!!!

-Dink

Lantern Lodge

dinketry wrote:

Just to clarify for you UNCA gamers...the Warhorn reflects two events being run on 8/25

Now if that ain't more fun than a dark closet full of Rovagug worshippers, I don't know what is!!!

-Dink

I'll take my luck with the Calistra worshipers. ^o^ Hehee~

Umm anytime slot is good for Webees, I just have no idea on an est of when it'll end. ((First game = ALL the mistakes! ^o^ ))


AlyGlows wrote:
((First game = ALL the mistakes! ^o^ ))

Here's a suggestion for that. Run it before the 25th for a group of trusted players, make all your mistakes in THAT session, then hit it out of the park when you run it at UNCA on the 25th.

If one of those players happened to be an experienced PFS GM who could give you some constructive feedback after the session, all the better.

(I was fortunate enough to have Dink as a player in my wobbly first session GMing PFS. His feedback afterwards went a long way to making sure my second session went much more smoothly. Not to imply your first session will be wobbly.)


zylphryx wrote:
How will folks who get to play in the game be determined?

Sounds like Monte's gonna be running his new science-fantasy game, Numenera. As a fan of science-fantasy, my biggest hope is that the players wind up folks who kind of dislike science-fantasy. Then they play the game, Monte wins them over, and they become ambassadors locally for both Numenera and the science-fantasy genre.

Regardless, this is an amazing get, Nillic. Well done!

Sczarni

Sounds great.

I am with you on the SE 3.5 books Jake! lol


So I see there is a warhorn for the UNCA day, but just to be clear non-UNCA students can't come to the game otherwise they will charge us for security. I don't know if they'll be checking student ID's at the door or what, I haven't been given many details other than it's happening.

Thank you Aly, I'll put your slot in at 5:30 as well just to make things easier.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Lantern Lodge

nillic wrote:

So I see there is a warhorn for the UNCA day, but just to be clear non-UNCA students can't come to the game otherwise they will charge us for security. I don't know if they'll be checking student ID's at the door or what, I haven't been given many details other than it's happening.

Thank you Aly, I'll put your slot in at 5:30 as well just to make things easier.

I really appreciate everyone's help.

Are you sure they can't get a guest pass at the desk in Highsmith? I know they have visitor parking and such. They have events at UNCA all the time and non-students usually join... Want me to see if I can find out anything on that?

Lantern Lodge

Nansen wrote:


Here's a suggestion for that. Run it before the 25th for a group of trusted players, make all your mistakes in THAT session, then hit it out of the park when you run it at UNCA on the 25th.

If one of those players happened to be an experienced PFS GM who could give you some constructive feedback after the session, all the better.

(I was fortunate enough to have Dink as a player in my wobbly first session GMing PFS. His feedback afterwards went a long way to making sure my second session went much more smoothly. Not to imply your first session will be wobbly.)

Ohhh good idea! I need to find victims ...erm wise friends to help with this then! Thank you for that advise! ^o^


Aly, if you want to look into it that will be great. Just let them know it's about the Arcade Night on the 25th.

Silver Crusade ***

AlyGlows wrote:
Nansen wrote:


Here's a suggestion for that. Run it before the 25th for a group of trusted players, make all your mistakes in THAT session, then hit it out of the park when you run it at UNCA on the 25th.

If one of those players happened to be an experienced PFS GM who could give you some constructive feedback after the session, all the better.

(I was fortunate enough to have Dink as a player in my wobbly first session GMing PFS. His feedback afterwards went a long way to making sure my second session went much more smoothly. Not to imply your first session will be wobbly.)

Ohhh good idea! I need to find victims ...erm wise friends to help with this then! Thank you for that advise! ^o^

I'd be a willing victim and adviser, I know you can do it and would love to bear witness to your triumph.

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

I'm wondering, is there a maximum number of times that a scenario counts towards a GM's next star?

Silver Crusade ***

Chris Ballard wrote:
I'm wondering, is there a maximum number of times that a scenario counts towards a GM's next star?

Nope GM star cred is awarded every time. I have run most of my scenarios two or mOre times.

Grand Lodge

any games going on today?


Hello, everyone! Dinketry had previously invited me to look into his PFS group. I've been gone for the last two months, but now I'm back and want to see the game. Is it alright for me to join in today?

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

the next official APL session is next weekend, BUT I do believe there's at least 1 table be run off week this weekend.

Grand Lodge

whats that?


zylphryx wrote:
the next official APL session is next weekend, BUT I do believe there's at least 1 table be run off week this weekend.

Oh. When and where will it be? And are there any limitations/needs of the group to consider for character creation?


Frost Giant and Tansarff, let me refer both of you to the Warhorn site for APL, which is where the schedule is kept. It's also where you can sign up for games.

Most of the time we meet at Wyvern's Tale on Merrimon Avenue. Main sessions are every other week. The next few are:

August 18

September 1
September 15
September 29

For those weeks we have a "morning" session that starts at 12:30 pm, and an evening session that starts at 5:30 pm.

Folks often run games during off-weeks and through the week as well.

There is a game scheduled for this evening at 5pm, being run by Granyt. Warhorn only shows two people signed up. So there should be room for both of you guys.


Nansen wrote:

Frost Giant and Tansarff, let me refer both of you to the Warhorn site for APL, which is where the schedule is kept. It's also where you can sign up for games.

Most of the time we meet at Wyvern's Tale on Merrimon Avenue. Main sessions are every other week. The next few are:

August 18

September 1
September 15
September 29

For those weeks we have a "morning" session that starts at 12:30 pm, and an evening session that starts at 5:30 pm.

Folks often run games during off-weeks and through the week as well.

There is a game scheduled for this evening at 5pm, being run by Granyt. Warhorn only shows two people signed up. So there should be room for both of you guys.

Thank you so much for that. See you later!


You're quite welcome, Tansarff. I'm not playing today, but I hope to see you next weekend, or at a future session.

By the way, welcome to the Asheville Pathfinder Lodge.

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

I am going to run a game at 12:30 on Monday at the Wyvern's Tale.

Come if you want, looks like there's still space left.

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

Hmm, I noticed the game I'm going to run on the 18th isn't showing up on warhorn. It was supposed to be QFP part 3. I would like for it to show up so people know about it and sign up for it if they want to.

Andoran **

Dink and I were just talking and noticed no one had signed up to run or to play, and thought it might have been erroneously listed.

I will return it to the list for you.

Of course, now you need to sign up for something here;)

Cheliax ***

Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Modules Subscriber

Ok, I put myself in to gm that game.

Silver Crusade

Just checking In I played a game Last night with Keovar It was an intro 1-1 game. We almost wiped haha

Osirion *

T-SHIRTS ARE HERE! The big distribution time will be in between sessions next saturday, as that is likely the time the most people will be there. The Wyvern's Tale has been gracious enough to stock a handful, but with these new members I imagine those will go quick!

For those of you who got in on this order I'll have them available on saturday. Bring your $10 (or 11 for XXL+) or be prepared to buy me a new map I don't already own. I do accept new paizo flip-mats as legal tender.

Also, how AWESOME is it that one of the godfathers of RPGs is coming to The Wyvern's Tale!?!?! So very cool. You guys are truly The Ultimate Retailer. No, seriously, thats what its called.

Sczarni

Seriously any idea how the people for the Monte Cook game will be picked? I would give my left... arm for that! lol

Andoran **

Great times, everyone! Shirts and games abound!

Looking forward to getting my extra shirts. My other ones might have been getting a little fragrant from frequent wear;)

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

StrangePackage wrote:

Great times, everyone! Shirts and games abound!

Looking forward to getting my extra shirts. My other ones might have been getting a little fragrant from frequent wear;)

I'm just wanting extras to slow the inevitable degradation of the screen printing that weekly washing will bring ... avoiding the "fragrance factor" would also be a legitimate reason though. ;)

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

I pinch myself when I walk into our awesome home base (woot woot WT!) and see 2 separate Pathfinder tables rocking out on a Saturday on a day that's not a normal Pathfinder Lodge day. This lodge is the hotness. Y'all are ballers (or dice rollers) in my book.

I had an opportunity to mosey over the mountain to Kingsport, TN this past weekend and check out DeWayne's World and the budding PFS scene a-happening there. Joseph runs a tight and entertaining ship, and his store is HUGE, but he needs more players! I'm thinking of putting together an APL field trip some off-Saturday. More info to come on the carpool once I coordinate with Joseph. Road trip!

A friendly reminder about PFS changes to play: August 16th is the official GO-date for aasimar, tengu, and tiefling PCs, as well as all the other alterations. Check out the discussion thread HERE for the up-to-the-minute rulings straight from Mike Brock (PFS Grand Poombah) himself .

Oh, and speaking of embedded threads: MONDAY WARHORN REMINDER!!! Sign up, you dham phir! (you see the pun I made there?)

A word of clarification regarding other dates on Warhorn outside of this coming Saturday. Our man C Ballard is running a game TODAY (Icebound Outpost) for you hard-core Monday afternooners. There also will likely be a Thursday night game posted a little later this week (stay tuned for GM and scenario).

Additionally, you'll notice games posted on 8/25 - these are the UNCA games by two of our Pathfinder Collegiate Heralds (all love to AlyGlows and stupottery). They will be on the UNCA campus, and are aimed at new UNCA Pathfinders, but if you feel the itch, contact AlyGlows or stupottery via Private Message to see if you can get in on their games.

The 9/1 APL meeting will be overrun by goblins: it's the highly-anticipated debut of the Goblin Moon Day! We'll make an announcement clarifying what in Mammon that means at this weekend's lodge meeting, and rest assured, if you want to play a regular PFS scenario, I'm sure that those will be available as well. Finally, our 9/15 APL meeting will be Module Day! Two (or more) of our GMs will be offering full modules to play (8hrs of continuous module love for PFS credit).

We'll get to PFS Season 4 sometime, I'm sure, but there's just so much action in this lodge, it's like a Sczarni Family Reunion!

Happy Monday, my little Harrowites!

-Dink

Taldor *** Venture-Lieutenant, North Carolina—Asheville aka zylphryx

Attention folks who played Crypt of the Everflame: Masks of the Living God is going to be run on 9/15/12. This is a Tier 2-4 module and the sequel to the CotE module. It has been set up on Warhorn by dinketry, so sign up while you can ...

Andoran **

CARRION HILL...
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Andoran **

AlyGlows wrote:
Nansen wrote:


Here's a suggestion for that. Run it before the 25th for a group of trusted players, make all your mistakes in THAT session, then hit it out of the park when you run it at UNCA on the 25th.

If one of those players happened to be an experienced PFS GM who could give you some constructive feedback after the session, all the better.

(I was fortunate enough to have Dink as a player in my wobbly first session GMing PFS. His feedback afterwards went a long way to making sure my second session went much more smoothly. Not to imply your first session will be wobbly.)

Ohhh good idea! I need to find victims ...erm wise friends to help with this then! Thank you for that advise! ^o^

If you want, I can volunteer to help you with that. I'm sure I wouldn't mind running through We Be Goblins again.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

Ooh! New page!

That's all.

Grand Lodge *** Venture-Lieutenant, New Zealand—Dunedin aka dinketry

I mean, now it's a new page.

Sczarni *** Venture-Captain, North Carolina—Asheville aka Luthril

Ok another General broadcast...

If you want help with a PFS legal character. Have questions about leveling, buying things, or ANYTHING else... feel free to private message me here or send me an email at luthril a t gmail diggydot com.

I have made over 40 PFS legal characters many of which I will never ever ever play, I just enjoy it. So if you have an idea of something you want to play and you need help making it a viable fun character, drop me a line and I'll email you a finished PDF in no time flat.

I know I try to kill your characters in game, but that doesn't mean I don't want you to succeed, it just means I want to challenge you... what would be the fun in winning a game that wasn't challenging.

Love,
Luth

(Don't be scared you big babies, whats the worst that could happen *evil grin*)

Lantern Lodge

StrangePackage wrote:

CARRION HILL...

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The darkness.... hehehehehe...he...

Ahem...

So thanks for all the games the past few days, lots of awesomeness!! And huzzah to the GMs, I was taking lots of mental notes during your gming to help me on my webees. Muaha!


dinketry wrote:


Additionally, you'll notice games posted on 8/25 - these are the UNCA games by two of our Pathfinder Collegiate Heralds (all love to AlyGlows and stupottery). They will be on the UNCA campus, and are aimed at new UNCA Pathfinders, but if you feel the itch, contact AlyGlows or stupottery via Private Message to see if you can get in on their games.

Das ist mein (und Sean Connery's) Geburtstag, aber ich bin kein Student UNCA. Na ja.

(Sorry, German is as close to Skaldi as I can manage, and that quite poorly.)

2,001 to 2,050 of 4,312 << first < prev | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge / Asheville Pathfinder Society Lodge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.