Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

PFS @ Marmalade Dog 17 (Western Michigan University) Feb 24 - 26


Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Silver Crusade ****

When: February 24-26, 2012

Where: The Bernhard Center (East Ballroom)
1903 W. Michigan Ave.
Kalamazoo, MI 49006

Parking Fee: $5 (1st Slot only)

Saw this information go up on the local con site recently. Wanted to put it on everyones radar that it's not too far off.

Silver Crusade ****

With Doug Miles stepping down, and TK moving to southern Illinois, is there any point of contact with Paizo that will manage PFS at this Con? If not, should we locals begin to organize and coordinate with the Con managers?

Silver Crusade ****

120 Days!

The Exchange ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Michigan—Detroit

ThornDJL7 wrote:
With Doug Miles stepping down, and TK moving to southern Illinois, is there any point of contact with Paizo that will manage PFS at this Con? If not, should we locals begin to organize and coordinate with the Con managers?

Dan, unless you pick up PFS at M-Dog it will likely fall along the wayside. A few individuals might independently run some scenarios, but there will be no coordinated effort. I suggest you grab it early and not wait for those individuals to appear--reach out and grab them. You know who they are.

Silver Crusade ****

Doug Miles wrote:
ThornDJL7 wrote:
With Doug Miles stepping down, and TK moving to southern Illinois, is there any point of contact with Paizo that will manage PFS at this Con? If not, should we locals begin to organize and coordinate with the Con managers?
Dan, unless you pick up PFS at M-Dog it will likely fall along the wayside. A few individuals might independently run some scenarios, but there will be no coordinated effort. I suggest you grab it early and not wait for those individuals to appear--reach out and grab them. You know who they are.

Do you know who I could get information on previous years of M-dog as far as stats and how many tables we ran, that I can run up against projected Con attendance for how many tables to offer?

The Exchange ***** Venture-Lieutenant, Michigan—Detroit

ThornDJL7 wrote:
Doug Miles wrote:
ThornDJL7 wrote:
With Doug Miles stepping down, and TK moving to southern Illinois, is there any point of contact with Paizo that will manage PFS at this Con? If not, should we locals begin to organize and coordinate with the Con managers?
Dan, unless you pick up PFS at M-Dog it will likely fall along the wayside. A few individuals might independently run some scenarios, but there will be no coordinated effort. I suggest you grab it early and not wait for those individuals to appear--reach out and grab them. You know who they are.
Do you know who I could get information on previous years of M-dog as far as stats and how many tables we ran, that I can run up against projected Con attendance for how many tables to offer?

I show 19 tables reported last year (one table of The Godsmouth Heresy). I believe there were 7 slots total (2 Friday, 3 Saturday, 2 Sunday). As I recall a couple of scheduled tables failed to go off due to lack of players.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

I don't know if anyone is running with this yet, so I signed up to run a few scenarios (so I could get my admission paid). I'm planning on running either three or all four of the Blakros Museum scenarios. Currently set for slots 3, 4, and 6. I know I'll probably have at least 3 playing (my wife and the couple we're staying with who are in my monthly game in Midland). I'd like to also play in a couple with them, so hopefully someone else will be running too. :)

Last year I felt kind of bad. I was the only one interested in playing PFS. They (the other 3) hadn't played pfs, and one of them had only ever played 4e (in my game). I converted them recently to PFS, so now they're excited to play with others. I'm hoping they might get hooked up with the KZoo group, but we'll see.

**

I'm willing to run one (or possibly two), but I'd prefer to play two or three. Just Friday and and Saturday for me. Oh, I'd like to play my 9th level as well.

-Swiftbrook

Silver Crusade ****

If you're willing to GM, email me at PFS[DOT]KALAMAZOO[AT]GMAIL.COM

I will endeavor to get you scheduled. I'm working with M-Dog con organizers right now to get something together. I'm looking at 29 total slots of PFS. Which would be 38% more than we did last year.

@Eric
I saw your request to join the PFS Kzoo group. I can't remember if I got a chance to accept your invite before I left for holiday events yesterday. If not, fear not, I'll get it tonight.

Silver Crusade ****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Currently set for slots 3, 4, and 6. I

Would you mind if I rearranged when your slots ran, or are you set on those times, and I was going to have you run the Echoes of the Overwatched if you want, the 4th one.

Your times may work out just fine. I'm just trying to get an event schedule together.

Silver Crusade ****

Ok, I finally got the time to sit down and knock out a schedule for M-Dog 17! I will shortly be setting up a Warhorn for GM mustering and overly eager players! I've requested Blood Under Absalom and convention boons!

***Friday***

Slot 1
Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore (T1)
#3-09: The Quest for Perfection—Part I: The Edge of Heaven (T1-5)
#3-02: Sewer Dragons of Absalom (T3-7)

Slot 2
Intro 2: First Steps—Part II: To Delve the Dungeon Deep (T1)
#3-09: The Quest for Perfection—Part 1: The Edge of Heaven (T1-5)
#3-11: The Quest for Perfection—Part 2: On Hostile Waters (T1-5)
#3-06: Song of the Sea Witch (T3-7)

***Saturday***

Slot 3
Intro 3: First Steps—Part III: A Vision of Betrayal (T1)
#3-13: The Quest for Perfection—Part 3: Defenders of Nesting Swallow (T1-5)
#5 Mists of Mwangi (T1-5)
#3-08: Among the Gods (T3-7)
#3-12: Wonders in the Weave—Part I: The Dog Pharaoh's Tomb (T5-9)

Slot 4
Intro 1: First Steps—Part I: In Service to Lore (T1)
#35 Voice in the Void (T1-5)
#3-11: The Quest for Perfection—Part 2: On Hostile Waters (T1-5)
#3-02: Sewer Dragons of Absalom (T3-7)
#3-14: Wonders in the Weave—Part II: Snakes in the Fold (T5-9)

Slot 5
Special: Blood Under Absalom (T1-11) ***Pending Mike Brock***
or
Special: Special: Year of the Shadow Lodge (T1-11)

***Sunday***

Slot 6
Intro 2: First Steps—Part II: To Delve the Dungeon Deep (T1)
#2-11: The Penumbral Accords (T1-5)
#3-13: The Quest for Perfection—Part 3: Defenders of Nesting Swallow (T1-5)
#3-06: Song of the Sea Witch (T3-7)

Slot 7
Intro 3: First Steps—Part III: A Vision of Betrayal (T1)
#3-07: Echoes of the Overwatched (T1-5)
#3-08: Among the Gods (T3-7)

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

ThornDJL7 wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Currently set for slots 3, 4, and 6. I

Would you mind if I rearranged when your slots ran, or are you set on those times, and I was going to have you run the Echoes of the Overwatched if you want, the 4th one.

Your times may work out just fine. I'm just trying to get an event schedule together.

Yeah, that should work. I wasn't planning on playing friday, but I might just have to now. :)

Silver Crusade ****

Swiftbrook wrote:

I'm willing to run one (or possibly two), but I'd prefer to play two or three. Just Friday and and Saturday for me. Oh, I'd like to play my 9th level as well.

-Swiftbrook

I have 3 slots that are 9th level capable scheduled now.

When the warhorn is good to go, feel free to sign up there.

Silver Crusade ****

Well, it's official. Mike Brock is awesome, as if we didn't already know that.

We are running Blood Under Absalom, and he said he'd get us some prize boons.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO GM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP, WHAT YOU ARE INTENDING TO GM, AND WHAT SHIRT SIZE YOU ARE!!!! IF I GET YOUR NAMES TO M-DOG STAFF BY NEXT WEDNESDAY, YOU GET A FREE SHIRT AND CUP

PFS(DOT)KALAMAZOO(AT)GMAIL.COM

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

ThornDJL7 wrote:

Well, it's official. Mike Brock is awesome, as if we didn't already know that.

We are running Blood Under Absalom, and he said he'd get us some prize boons.

IF YOU ARE GOING TO GM, PLEASE LET ME KNOW ASAP, WHAT YOU ARE INTENDING TO GM, AND WHAT SHIRT SIZE YOU ARE!!!! IF I GET YOUR NAMES TO M-DOG STAFF BY NEXT WEDNESDAY, YOU GET A FREE SHIRT AND CUP

PFS(DOT)KALAMAZOO(AT)GMAIL.COM

I'm willing to GM but can't guarantee I'll be there any day but Saturday, and that might only be for two slots, don't know.

You can definitely count on me to help run the special though, whichever one we want to do.

I was at M dog last year though and the turn out for PFS was low.

I don't think it's a sure thing that you'll have the requisite 5 tables for Blood Under Absalom.

Year of the Shadow Lodge only needs 3 though.

Silver Crusade ****

VanceMadrox wrote:


I'm willing to GM but can't guarantee I'll be there any day but Saturday, and that might only be for two slots, don't know.

You can definitely count on me to help run the special though, whichever one we want to do.

I was at M dog last year though and the turn out for PFS was low.

I don't think it's a sure thing that you'll have the requisite 5 tables for Blood Under Absalom.

Year of the Shadow Lodge only needs 3 though.

I hope to be able to completely disagree with you on tables this year. We had 21 tables last year, with 3 tables being the minimum we ran. Now from perspective, I can understand why you thought we wouldn't hit that number. We had 2-3 tables no where near the PFS area due to noise levels.

Silver Crusade ****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
ThornDJL7 wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Currently set for slots 3, 4, and 6. I

Would you mind if I rearranged when your slots ran, or are you set on those times, and I was going to have you run the Echoes of the Overwatched if you want, the 4th one.

Your times may work out just fine. I'm just trying to get an event schedule together.

Yeah, that should work. I wasn't planning on playing friday, but I might just have to now. :)

Eric is that your real name to double check? I've got you down 2 slots on Saturday for sure, and two on Sunday.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

ThornDJL7 wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
ThornDJL7 wrote:
Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Currently set for slots 3, 4, and 6. I

Would you mind if I rearranged when your slots ran, or are you set on those times, and I was going to have you run the Echoes of the Overwatched if you want, the 4th one.

Your times may work out just fine. I'm just trying to get an event schedule together.

Yeah, that should work. I wasn't planning on playing friday, but I might just have to now. :)
Eric is that your real name to double check? I've got you down 2 slots on Saturday for sure, and two on Sunday.

Yup, real name. And I've already signed up with Mdog, so you shouldn't have to submit me to them. (don't want to confuse them if it might). And those slots should be fine.

If you really need dm's for the special, I could, but I've never played in one, and would really like to get some playing time in, in addition to my dm'ing time.

Silver Crusade ****

I've still got time to drum up more GMs. My current concern is getting GMs their swag. I have till mid January to finalize other GMs for slots, and get them free badges.

Silver Crusade ****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:


Yup, real name. And I've already signed up with Mdog, so you shouldn't have to submit me to them. (don't want to confuse them if it might). And those slots should be fine.

If you really need dm's for the special, I could, but I've never played in one, and would really like to get some playing time in, in addition to my dm'ing time.

You stated you registered for all but the 4th Blackros scenario. I'll register you for that as well, while I'm at it.

Silver Crusade ****

Warhorn sign-ups for GMs!!!

Marmalade Dog 17 PFS Sign Ups

Silver Crusade ****

Tonight I will be submitting names for the convention benefits. I thank everyone who has volunteered so far. After tonight, the only benefit I can guarantee is free con access on the days you GM.

EDIT: Based off the initial outpour of local GM support this is shaping up to be an awesome con!

Silver Crusade ****

1 person marked this as a favorite.

So, when I started all of this I was seriously concerned that I wouldn't have enough GMs for all of my slots which has now gone to be being concerned that I won't have enough slots for all of my GMs!

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Ok my vote is officially for Year of the Shadow Lodge over Blood under Absalom if it matters.

By the time Marmalade Dog comes around I will have already run the latter at least twice but I've never gotten a chance to run year of the Shadow Lodge

Silver Crusade ****

VanceMadrox wrote:

Ok my vote is officially for Year of the Shadow Lodge over Blood under Absalom if it matters.

By the time Marmalade Dog comes around I will have already run the latter at least twice but I've never gotten a chance to run year of the Shadow Lodge

I hear you there, I really do. I ultimately decided on Blood Under Absalom because it's more recent, and I want to have the newest and hopefully less played scenarios available.

Though, I am giving consideration on having GMs read Year of the Shadow Lodge in case attendance becomes an issue, and I'll have 4 sets of maps available for them.

EDIT: I still have 11 slots that an ambitious GM could fill for us.

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Honestly with Gencon, UCon, Winter War, and Gamicon having done Blood Under Absalom, Year of the Shadow Lodge may BE the lesser played one.

Don't worry though, I'll gladly run either.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

I haven't played either, but I'm much rather play Blood Under Absalom.

**

ThornDJL7 wrote:

Well, it's official. Mike Brock is awesome, as if we didn't already know that.

We are running Blood Under Absalom, and he said he'd get us some prize boons.

You need to check with Doug and/or Kyle. I left early but I heard that Blood Under Absalom ran long at U-Con and I know that Kyle cut parts out to shorten it up. That's because the Benard Center at WMU kicks you out and locks the doors at midnight. No joke. All games need to be done by 11:30 as security starts pushing you out the doors.

If you're running Blood Under Absalom, start no later than 6:30 pm. No Joke!

I've played both, can run either (low)

-Swiftbrook

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Yeah Blood Under Absalom ran long at U-Con.
We didn't finish until 12:30 (Start time was 8) and we cut out a whole act.

It was a blast though

Silver Crusade ****

Swiftbrook wrote:
ThornDJL7 wrote:

Well, it's official. Mike Brock is awesome, as if we didn't already know that.

We are running Blood Under Absalom, and he said he'd get us some prize boons.

You need to check with Doug and/or Kyle. I left early but I heard that Blood Under Absalom ran long at U-Con and I know that Kyle cut parts out to shorten it up. That's because the Benard Center at WMU kicks you out and locks the doors at midnight. No joke. All games need to be done by 11:30 as security starts pushing you out the doors.

If you're running Blood Under Absalom, start no later than 6:30 pm. No Joke!

I've played both, can run either (low)

-Swiftbrook

I spoke with Bob about it afterwards, (I was one of the GMs at U-Con). We ran over by about an 30 minutes to an hour if memory serves. Bob said at Gencon it was run in 4 hours flat, and by the book if you stick to the timer, it finishes in just shy of 4 hours. I'm not sure how it ran over at U-Con, but Doug or Kyle would be a better response on that. I didn't even realize we ran over till I checked the clock when I went to bed.

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Dan Luckett wrote:


I spoke with Bob about it afterwards, (I was one of the GMs at U-Con). We ran over by about an 30 minutes to an hour if memory serves. Bob said at Gencon it was run in 4 hours flat, and by the book if you stick to the timer, it finishes in just shy of 4 hours. I'm not sure how it ran over at U-Con, but Doug or Kyle would be a better response on that. I didn't even realize we ran over till I checked the clock when I went to bed.

Bob's not remembering right.

Blood Under Absalom had a 5 hour slot at Gencon, not 4.

Silver Crusade ****

Still looking for 3 PFS Special GMs, and have 7 generic sessions that can be filled.

Sign ups Warhorn

Sczarni *****

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

Let me talk with the wife. It's only 2.5 hours from Chicago.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

Yeah, Bob came up for MD last year and Thea from Iowa. But now that Doug has stepped down, it seems like his gang isn't interested in MD now. :/ Or at least none have posted and shown interest.

Its about the same driving time for us, but then Mid to upper MI doesn't have any large conventions to go to.

Silver Crusade ****

Rene Duquesnoy wrote:
Let me talk with the wife. It's only 2.5 hours from Chicago.

That would be nice if you could come. More support is always a good thing. :)

I'd say bring Midnight Mauler but I think Doug Doug saturation bombed the Kzoo area pretty heavily with it last year.

Silver Crusade ****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Yeah, Bob came up for MD last year and Thea from Iowa. But now that Doug has stepped down, it seems like his gang isn't interested in MD now. :/ Or at least none have posted and shown interest.

I normally don't like speaking for others, but this I have spoken to Bob and Thea about already.

They both are heading to I believe Gamicon the weekend before M-Dog, and had originally thought M-dog was going to be in April like it was last year. The switch to February was a shock to all of us, and I was left scrambling to put something in place months before I would have thought I'd even need to think about M-Dog.

Further, I don't blame them for wanting to support an Iowa City con in lieu of a Kzoo con. I'd do the same if the roles were reversed. So, bottom line, no they do love us Michiganders for some reason, and I hope to continue seeing them at cons when our local cons don't conflict. :)

*****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:

Yeah, Bob came up for MD last year and Thea from Iowa. But now that Doug has stepped down, it seems like his gang isn't interested in MD now. :/ Or at least none have posted and shown interest.

Its about the same driving time for us, but then Mid to upper MI doesn't have any large conventions to go to.

Vacation is a fickle thing

Grand Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Illinois—Decatur aka TwilightKnight

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Yeah, Bob came up for MD last year and Thea from Iowa. But now that Doug has stepped down, it seems like his gang isn't interested in MD now

I certainly hope this was intended as a good-natured ribbing and not the way it sounds.

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

Yeah, it was. :) I know you moved away. It was partly frustration on my part for things not even related to this. Sorry. Been one of those days today. :/ No offense meant.

Silver Crusade ****

Two things of note:

Still looking for more GM's to fill in. Sign ups are above in multiple posts.

Also, to players. To make sure this is crystal clear, the warhorn sign ups do not officially sign you up for a slot. You will still need to go through M-dog Convention staff the day of the slot to be able to play at a slot. Make sure you take the time at the convention to sign up on the sheet.

Silver Crusade ****

Still looking for more generic GM's. If we do not find 2 more GM's by Jan. 22nd for Blood Under Absolom, we will be switching to the shadow lodge special. Every day you GM, is a free ticket to that day for the con.

Sign ups here: http://warhorn.net/pfs-mdog-17/

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Still trying to see if I can make it for more than a day trip Saturday.

I'm still in for gming either special though.

Silver Crusade ****

VanceMadrox wrote:

Still trying to see if I can make it for more than a day trip Saturday.

I'm still in for gming either special though.

I appreciate you even GMing one, especially the special :)

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

Hey Dan, If it comes down to needing one more gm for the special, I'll do it. I'd rather play, but I don't mind gm'ing it either. I've got a friend that is pretty sure he'll be able to come and was considering running the special if needed, but he and his fiance need to work out their vacation times for the year before he can commit.

Silver Crusade ****

Eric Clingenpeel wrote:
Hey Dan, If it comes down to needing one more gm for the special, I'll do it. I'd rather play, but I don't mind gm'ing it either. I've got a friend that is pretty sure he'll be able to come and was considering running the special if needed, but he and his fiance need to work out their vacation times for the year before he can commit.

As things stand right now, we're at 7 slots needing filled. 5 generic slots, and 2 special slots. This Sunday will be the final decision on the special.

If you and your friend both sign up we'll have the requisite GM's.

Silver Crusade ****

Less than a month to go, and only 4 GMs signed up for the Blood Under Absalom. We'll be switching to the Shadowlodge special to make sure we have a special get off the ground.

We have 5 slots that could go to the home of a good GM if you're lurking and wondering if you should GM.

I will be communicating directly with GMs with further instructions shortly. Please stay tuned.

Last year we had 21 tables go off. If we still have these 23+ tables go off, then we've grown.

Silver Crusade ****

We now have given 27 of 28 tables filled with GMs. If you want to GM, there are more slots available. There are GM's who would gladly give up slots to play instead. So, don't be shy. Post here and we can get you a spot to GM if you'd like.

We are most definitely running the Season 2 Special instead of the Season 3 Special. I'm not seeing this as a problem since the Season 2 special was not run here in the past.

I want to give a big shout out to Mike Brock. He has been helping me out quite a bit to make sure this con goes off with a bang. The closer we get to the day of, the more confident I am this will be a blast.

**

Just 12 days to go!

Shadow Lodge ***** Venture-Captain, Michigan—Alma

I'm (hopefully) printing off the last of the things I'll need. Still have some maps to do. Really looking forward to it. :)

Sovereign Court **** Venture-Lieutenant, Indiana—Northwestern Indiana aka VanceMadrox

Dan do you have specific Tiers you want us to prep for the special?

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Society® / Pathfinder Society Grand Lodge / PFS @ Marmalade Dog 17 (Western Michigan University) Feb 24 - 26 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.