Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Help me flesh out a new casting Concept / Class


Suggestions/House Rules/Homebrew

51 to 59 of 59 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Andoran

Another Update

Changed the "Focus"s to "Specialties". Still open for another name.

Curious what people think about the builds. I was putting together a monk multiclass and it wasn't bad since it is so MAD.

Thanks again for the feedback!


ciretose wrote:

Another Update

Changed the "Focus"s to "Specialties". Still open for another name.

Curious what people think about the builds. I was putting together a monk multiclass and it wasn't bad since it is so MAD.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Just wanted to bump this up a bit in the list so you get a bit more discussion, based on the builds this class is fairly balanced at the point, though it needs some stuff to fill dead levels obviously, but nothing too power increasing, instead expanding on versatility. Also, a capstone ability is needed, but i'm not sure what fits thematically, you already have some free casting/day, maybe everything costs a 1/2 point of focus less? or maybe a handful of times per day (say..3+Cha mod) you can cast a spell using your focus on one turn but it remains up for it's usual duration (so you cast wall of stone and the next turn get your full focus back, but it remains indefinitiely) Just throwing ideas out there to see if anyone can build off it.

Andoran

x9ss wrote:
ciretose wrote:

Another Update

Changed the "Focus"s to "Specialties". Still open for another name.

Curious what people think about the builds. I was putting together a monk multiclass and it wasn't bad since it is so MAD.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Just wanted to bump this up a bit in the list so you get a bit more discussion, based on the builds this class is fairly balanced at the point, though it needs some stuff to fill dead levels obviously, but nothing too power increasing, instead expanding on versatility. Also, a capstone ability is needed, but i'm not sure what fits thematically, you already have some free casting/day, maybe everything costs a 1/2 point of focus less? or maybe a handful of times per day (say..3+Cha mod) you can cast a spell using your focus on one turn but it remains up for it's usual duration (so you cast wall of stone and the next turn get your full focus back, but it remains indefinitiely) Just throwing ideas out there to see if anyone can build off it.

I opened another thread to "Break" it, but so far not much interest.

Andoran

ciretose wrote:
x9ss wrote:
ciretose wrote:

Another Update

Changed the "Focus"s to "Specialties". Still open for another name.

Curious what people think about the builds. I was putting together a monk multiclass and it wasn't bad since it is so MAD.

Thanks again for the feedback!

Just wanted to bump this up a bit in the list so you get a bit more discussion, based on the builds this class is fairly balanced at the point, though it needs some stuff to fill dead levels obviously, but nothing too power increasing, instead expanding on versatility. Also, a capstone ability is needed, but i'm not sure what fits thematically, you already have some free casting/day, maybe everything costs a 1/2 point of focus less? or maybe a handful of times per day (say..3+Cha mod) you can cast a spell using your focus on one turn but it remains up for it's usual duration (so you cast wall of stone and the next turn get your full focus back, but it remains indefinitiely) Just throwing ideas out there to see if anyone can build off it.
I opened another thread to "Break" it, but so far not much interest.

It's dead jim.

I'll roll this back out next time someone has a psionic suggestion thread.

I really think it is workable, but a lot of people hear "at will" and assume it is going for exploit.

Once again munchkins ruin it for the rest of us....


(A little tip: Class names are not capitalized in text. So Fighter is written fighter.)

Andoran

Scott_UAT wrote:
(A little tip: Class names are not capitalized in text. So Fighter is written fighter.)

Thanks, I will go fix that now.


I really think Psion is the wrong direction with this. I think an improved Binder makes a lot more sense.

Andoran

LilithsThrall wrote:
I really think Psion is the wrong direction with this. I think an improved Binder makes a lot more sense.

Either way. I'm less concerned about the flavor than the mechanics at this point.

If an at will caster can be created in a balanced way, plenty of flavor options present themselves.

I think the concept of "focusing" to cast is more reflective of psychic tropes, but certainly not exclusive.

Andoran

Last bump before I give up and move on.

51 to 59 of 59 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Suggestions/House Rules/Homebrew / Help me flesh out a new casting Concept / Class All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.