Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Why?


Off-Topic Discussions


Why is it that threads with an OP that is flagrantly silly and aggressive are more likely to spur polite conversation than do OPs that are coherent and polite?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Because the trolls stay away from jokes. No anger to incite.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Evil Lincoln wrote:
Why is it that threads with an OP that is flagrantly silly and aggressive are more likely to spur polite conversation than do OPs that are coherent and polite?

Why ask why? Try Bud Dry! Wait that is from something completely different!!

Qadira

That and some people seem to think that being silly is trolling. Then they go forth and attempt to troll. Ironic.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey the OP was coherent and polite...Bring on the Trolls!!!

Osirion

Because trolls don't troll trolls? That'd be like ... cannibalism...

Taldor

I'm confused, can I troll in this thread or not?


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

long live the OTD


42.

Andoran

Why not?


Callous Jack wrote:

I'm confused, can I troll in this thread or not?

Well, SOME people still hold the totally ridiculous view that you can troll this thread. But by applying some simple logic, it's completely obvious that you can't troll in this thread.

Oh, and that's a straw man. Now I'm giving a logical argument, not an attack.


So....are there going to be trolls here or what?


Q: Why is a duck?

A: Because it has one leg both the same!

Qadira

Mr.Fishy wrote:
So....are there going to be trolls here or what?

I am sure we can find one or two to feed to you.


Mr.Fishy wrote:
So....are there going to be trolls here or what?

No. They're afraid of strawmen.

Paizo Employee Malaise-Inducement Construct

1 person marked this as a favorite.

BECAUSE!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Justin Franklin wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
Why is it that threads with an OP that is flagrantly silly and aggressive are more likely to spur polite conversation than do OPs that are coherent and polite?
Why ask why? Try Bud Dry! Wait that is from something completely different!!

Drink Bud Ice, but...um...beware of the penguin.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Why not?


Mr.Fishy wrote:
Hey the OP was coherent and polite...Bring on the Trolls!!!

Ah chapter 2 in Mr. Fishy's Sun Tzu & Steve Allen: The Art of Comedy


So, um, hello.


Straw Man wrote:
So, um, hello.

Hi there!

Now DIE MINTY DEATH!

As you can see, I am right and you are wrong.


Hyena don't s%&! where the crocodile sleeps.
Simple law of the jungle.


Straw Man wrote:
So, um, hello.

There goes that theory. I gotta stop believing every soothsayer I hear. At least one of them is wrong.


Proteans did it to change things up.


doctor_wu wrote:
Proteans did it to change things up.

{shakes fist at darn proteans for stealing the spotlight... again}


Because I said so!

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

Because they don't realize I'm mocking them in every thread instead of just the joke ones.

Qadira

Evil Lincoln wrote:
Why is it that threads with an OP that is flagrantly silly and aggressive are more likely to spur polite conversation than do OPs that are coherent and polite?

The friendly guy is trying to lul you into a false sense of security?

Qadira

Benicio Del Espada wrote:
Straw Man wrote:
So, um, hello.
There goes that theory. I gotta stop believing every soothsayer I hear. At least one of them is wrong.

They were right at the time...possibility manipulation by BBEGs resulted in changes to the outcome.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Why? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.