Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

WotC didn't announce 5e at Gen Con!


D&D 4th Edition (and Beyond)

1 to 50 of 81 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Don't look at me, I'm in the Paizo announces 5E at PaizoCon 2012 camp.

Andoran

Really?!

Fine. IBTL.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
ProfessorCirno wrote:
This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.

I get the whole admitting they were wrong thing. But why would they need to apologize? and to whom?


ShinHakkaider wrote:
ProfessorCirno wrote:
This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.
I get the whole admitting they were wrong thing. But why would they need to apologize? and to whom?

Hey, if WotC has to apologize to them for "insulting 3e" or "making 4e" or whatever, I figure apologies all around is nice

Andoran

10 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thread is in the wrong forum. This is the 4E forum, not the 5E forum.


TriOmegaZero wrote:
Thread is in the wrong forum. This is the 4E forum, not the 5E forum.

Damn

Grand Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

This thread represents a whole new level of edition war trolling. Awesome.

-Skeld


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think anyone who was expecting such an announcement this soon was being a bit unfair to 4E and its developers. They need time to fully judge the impact that Essentials and any re-releases of older versions that might occur may have. I do think that 5E is probably at least in the preliminary planning stages, just because based on 3rd edition, 4E is on the backside of its development cycle, and unless they put a lot more effort into DDI than they are currently, there will be a 5th edition at some point sooner rather than later, but the chances of seeing anything concrete enough for them to even think about official announcements for it is still at least a year or two off, and anything beyond "we're exploring our options" is probably a year or two beyond that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

My thoughts are that if they announce 5E it won't be til at the very earliest next year and we won't see any product til the year following (which means 2014). I, however, feel that 5E is still another 3 years or so off. Couple of reasons:

1st). WotC isn't done milking 4E for all it's goodies. We've got Dual-Classes coming back, more (and hopefully better) adventures lined up, and other Planes for our heroes to visit (or come from). This means possibly the *hush-hush* elusive Elemental Source classes and Races such as the Azer.

2nd). They're not fully done with playtests for their board-games, an avenue that they're just NOW exploring with wanton ambition. I haven't bought any yet, but they do look like a lot of fun. If they're worrying and/or working on making these into great products, it leaves little room for something so expansive as a whole new Edition.

3rd). I feel WotC is in a better position than they were this time last year. I feel they've got their priorities straight and are attempting to make better quality products over the quantity of products. And I think this translates into their reduction of the product schedule.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
ProfessorCirno wrote:
Hey, if WotC has to apologize to them for "insulting 3e" or "making 4e" or whatever, I figure apologies all around is nice

Not that I made any such proclamation, but, for those that did, has WotC apologized yet?

Remember this thread you started the next time you jump someone for edition warring...


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
ProfessorCirno wrote:
This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.

As one of those who guessed(I don't remember swearing my life on it though) that 5th ed will be announced at this Gencon or within the one after that.. I will glady come back here in 1 year(or start a new thread) to admitt I was wrong. If I am wrong...will you admitt you are wrong in a years time if you are wrong...somehow I don't think so.

I won't appolgize...like I don't apologize for prediction on which sports team will win their division...or who will a election. That really makes no sense as to why you would.


Ambrosia Slaad wrote:

Really?!

Fine. IBTL.

Sweet ... 2 hours 40 minutes old and I can still get IBTL.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber

In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.


ProfessorCirno wrote:
This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.

People admitting they are wrong? And especially about something related to WotC?

Such idealism.....this is the Paizo forum, after all.


Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

I missed out on all the angst when 4th edition came out, but I quite like it when rpg companies bring out new editions. It would seem like a bit of a weird move given their recent push towards ddi content and the success of the boardgames. It would please me though.


Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Russell Morrissey said he heard a rumour from some guy that WotC might have been thinking of making an announcement of some sort that may have involved 5e.

Entirely coincidentally, people have been hearing from trusted sources for a long time that 5e was "just next month" and that it was "canceled at the last minute."

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
ProfessorCirno wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Russell Morrissey said he heard a rumour from some guy that WotC might have been thinking of making an announcement of some sort that may have involved 5e.

Entirely coincidentally, people have been hearing from trusted sources for a long time that 5e was "just next month" and that it was "canceled at the last minute."

I guess your business is more with Enworld boards.

Oh wait, I forgot, they would lock such thread in 5 seconds. ;-)


Gorbacz wrote:
ProfessorCirno wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Russell Morrissey said he heard a rumour from some guy that WotC might have been thinking of making an announcement of some sort that may have involved 5e.

Entirely coincidentally, people have been hearing from trusted sources for a long time that 5e was "just next month" and that it was "canceled at the last minute."

I guess your business is more with Enworld boards.

Oh wait, I forgot, they would lock such thread in 5 seconds. ;-)

I don't post on EN World.

Either way, regardless of what rumors were heard about, no 5e announcement. Again. For another year.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
ProfessorCirno wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
ProfessorCirno wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Russell Morrissey said he heard a rumour from some guy that WotC might have been thinking of making an announcement of some sort that may have involved 5e.

Entirely coincidentally, people have been hearing from trusted sources for a long time that 5e was "just next month" and that it was "canceled at the last minute."

I guess your business is more with Enworld boards.

Oh wait, I forgot, they would lock such thread in 5 seconds. ;-)

I don't post on EN World.

Either way, regardless of what rumors were heard about, no 5e announcement. Again. For another year.

Posting on Enworld isn't something to be ashamed of.

Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

We'll be back to our regular series of "will they, or won't they?" in January, when D&D Experience happens!


Gorbacz wrote:

Posting on Enworld isn't something to be ashamed of.

Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

We'll be back to our regular series of "will they, or won't they?" in January, when D&D Experience happens!

Check when my last post was. I don't post on EN World.

Cheliax

ProfessorCirno wrote:
This is the thread where people who swore on their life that this would happen can come in and discretely apologize and admit to being wrong.

Given that nobody did swear on their life that this would happen, this thread is surprisingly long.

Anyway, got to run - those "D&D 5e will be announced at D&D Experience" threads won't post themselves.


I kind of want to see WotC announce 5e exactly halfway between D&D Experience and GenCon, just to screw with people.

"Here's some more Dragon articles! Oh, and by the way, 5e. BAM!"

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
Ettin wrote:

I kind of want to see WotC announce 5e exactly halfway between D&D Experience and GenCon, just to screw with people.

"Here's some more Dragon articles! Oh, and by the way, 5e. BAM!"

Nah, what would be funny is that they would name it "AD&D 3rd Edition" causing at once:

- a flamewar about whether it is 5E or not
- a flamewar about how much it has in common with AD&D
- a flamewar about how much it has in common with 3E
- the regular "new edition, zomgbbqwtf" flamewar

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'd buy it.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Hints - as in, he didn't say it.

Meanwhile, Professor Cirno should be ashamed of himself for such blatant flame-baitery, but somehow I can't work up the outrage.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
In related news: Morrus (the ENworld owner) has dropped hints on Twitter that there was supposed to be a major WotC announcement about 5E at GenCon, but was cancelled at the last minute.

Hints - as in, he didn't say it.

Meanwhile, Professor Cirno should be ashamed of himself for such balatant flame-baitery, but somehow I can't work up the outrage.

Me neither, I'd actually cry havoc if Cirno was NOT flamebaiting. ;-)

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

For those interested, there is a reasonably serious discussion here about the direction of 4e and a possible 5e, though I don't think anyone taking part has much of an inside track on WotC.


What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?


Gorbacz wrote:
Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

Are you... not familiar with the concept of a username?

The Paizo forums are somewhat unique, being tied to their store - that's why I ended up with my username as my actual name, and have not felt any reason to change it. I imagine such is true of plenty of others as well. At the same time, I tend to use more typical usernames on other forums, presumably for the same reason your username is "Gorbacz".

As it is, ENWorld remains probably the top-tier gaming forum out there - I don't think there is any shame in posting there.

Anyway, thread flagged for being obvious trolling and in very poor form. Very disappointing.


dunelord3001 wrote:
What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?

So, just to be clear - you want them to announce 5th, not out of any desire for it yourself, but simply because you want to see folks who enjoy 4E deprived of support for the game they like?

Seriously??

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
Matthew Koelbl wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

Are you... not familiar with the concept of a username?

The Paizo forums are somewhat unique, being tied to their store - that's why I ended up with my username as my actual name, and have not felt any reason to change it. I imagine such is true of plenty of others as well. At the same time, I tend to use more typical usernames on other forums, presumably for the same reason your username is "Gorbacz".

As it is, ENWorld remains probably the top-tier gaming forum out there - I don't think there is any shame in posting there.

Anyway, thread flagged for being obvious trolling and in very poor form. Very disappointing.

What, you want quality trolling? Man, you should have asked from the start!

Also, I like you how you announce to the world that you've flagged my posts, but the OP's blatant flamebait somewhat floated by your ever-vigilant gaze without provoking such righteous fury. 4E Mutual Appreciation Society's double standards in full swing :)


Gorbacz wrote:
Matthew Koelbl wrote:
Gorbacz wrote:
Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

Are you... not familiar with the concept of a username?

The Paizo forums are somewhat unique, being tied to their store - that's why I ended up with my username as my actual name, and have not felt any reason to change it. I imagine such is true of plenty of others as well. At the same time, I tend to use more typical usernames on other forums, presumably for the same reason your username is "Gorbacz".

As it is, ENWorld remains probably the top-tier gaming forum out there - I don't think there is any shame in posting there.

Anyway, thread flagged for being obvious trolling and in very poor form. Very disappointing.

What, you want quality trolling? Man, you should have asked from the start!

Also, I like you how you announce to the world that you've flagged my posts, but the OP's blatant flamebait somewhat floated by your ever-vigilant gaze without provoking such righteous fury. 4E Mutual Appreciation Society's double standards in full swing :)

Er - my apologies for causing confusion by responding to two seperate things in one post. The first paragraphs - regarding usernames - were directed at you. I wasn't referencing your post as trolling - though I do think your harassment of Scott is in poor form.

The final paragraph was directed at the thread, not at your post. (Note I said "thread flagged", not "post flagged" - I thought that would be clear enough, but probably could have been precise. Again, my bad.) I did not flag your post - I flagged ProfessorCirno's post, which started the thread, and that was what I was criticizing.


Matthew Koelbl wrote:
dunelord3001 wrote:
What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?

So, just to be clear - you want them to announce 5th, not out of any desire for it yourself, but simply because you want to see folks who enjoy 4E deprived of support for the game they like?

Seriously??

So? You don't think he has the power to make it happen, do you?

I, for one, hope Michael Bay gets a horrendous disease the prevents him from making any more movies, and if that deprives people who enjoy his movies... well, too bad. Just to be clear to you: I can't make that happen, either.


Arnwyn wrote:
Matthew Koelbl wrote:
dunelord3001 wrote:
What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?

So, just to be clear - you want them to announce 5th, not out of any desire for it yourself, but simply because you want to see folks who enjoy 4E deprived of support for the game they like?

Seriously??

So? You don't think he has the power to make it happen, do you?

I, for one, hope Michael Bay gets a horrendous disease the prevents him from making any more movies, and if that deprives people who enjoy his movies... well, too bad. Just to be clear to you: I can't make that happen, either.

I'm just saying that I genuinely can't understand that level of spite and loathing. I'm not a fan of Michael Bay, myself. Do you know what that means? It means I don't watch his movies.

Hoping he gets a horrendous disease? I mean, what can possibly motivate that sort of an attitude?

I can get saying, "Hey, I hope 5E comes along as it awesome" or "Hey, I hope someone other than Michael Bay directs this movie, because then I will enjoy it."

But saying, "Hey, I don't plan to play 5E, but I will take pleasure in seeing others folks deprived of support for their game of choice".... or saying, "Hey, I don't plan to watch Transformers 4. But I will actively enjoy seeing it cancelled and all those who did plan to watch it be disappointed"...

What sort of person takes pleasure, not in the acquisition of a product they themselves like, but instead in the deprivation of enjoyment for others?

Cheliax Bella Sara Charter Superscriber

Clearly, the fact that they didn't announce 5e at GenCon is proof that WotC has failed on every imaginable level, including walking the company dog, who has since shat all over the nice new carpet.

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

I changed the thread title for more accuracy.

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Leaving this here for Cirno.


Matthew Koelbl wrote:
Hoping he gets a horrendous disease? I mean, what can possibly motivate that sort of an attitude?

Somebody who understands the concept of limited resources and interested in guarantees as well as a dash of internet hyperbole.


Gorbacz wrote:

Posting on Enworld isn't something to be ashamed of.

Then again, Scott Betts posts under a nickname there, so maybe it is.

All things considered, I'm less likely to use my real name online than I am to use my ENWorld nick. Like Matthew said, Paizo's store being tied to forum accounts makes it so that's just how it turns out for those of us who don't want to bother creating aliases or new account names, and I don't really mind using my real name online.

I also make no effort to obscure who I am on ENWorld.


Matthew Koelbl wrote:
dunelord3001 wrote:
What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?

So, just to be clear - you want them to announce 5th, not out of any desire for it yourself, but simply because you want to see folks who enjoy 4E deprived of support for the game they like?

Seriously??

I was a little O_O at that, too.


Arnwyn wrote:
Matthew Koelbl wrote:
Hoping he gets a horrendous disease? I mean, what can possibly motivate that sort of an attitude?
Somebody who understands the concept of limited resources and interested in guarantees as well as a dash of internet hyperbole.

But that's my point. He said he wanted to see 5E happen not out of interest in playing it, not out of interest in seeing resources currently devoted to 4E instead devoted to a game of his preference, but simply because he wants to see 4E gone.

As I mentioned before, that's the part I don't get.

Andoran RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Matthew Koelbl wrote:
dunelord3001 wrote:
What about those of us who were desperately hoping they'd announce 5th, if nothing else so 4th would go away? Does that count or is that not close enough?

So, just to be clear - you want them to announce 5th, not out of any desire for it yourself, but simply because you want to see folks who enjoy 4E deprived of support for the game they like?

Seriously??

In fairness, a large vocal voice over at Wizard's forums wants to go back in time and destroy both 3E and 3.5. And they aren't fans of Paizo or Pathfinder either or fans of fans of Paizo or PF even those who also play 4E (ask 'em, they'll tell you). If they could get my address they would enjoy coming over, taking every d20 book I have (maybe not my 4E books but who knows?), and burning them on my lawn.

To these fans, the only D&D is 4E and they will make sure you don't forgot it. They are also likely to forgot that Wizards itself do not invent D&D and that the 4E core rulebooks have more than a fair share of errors that make the game unpleasant to nearly unplayable as written (but the books are OOP so it is all good now).

So having some friction between 4E only players and everyone else who plays RPGs on the planet (even if one of those games is 4E) does make some sense.

Also, don't bring up the Ennies with those guys. Seriously.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I thought 5E was going to be announced at Gen Con, and I was wrong.

I actually wanted 5E to be announced. It feels really weird not being a D&D customer, but a figurative house-cleaning is really the least they can do before I'll give them another look.


Prepare for 5dventure!


Charles Dunwoody wrote:
In fairness, a large vocal voice over at Wizard's forums wants to go back in time and destroy both 3E and 3.5. And they aren't fans of Paizo or Pathfinder either or fans of fans of Paizo or PF even those who also play 4E (ask 'em, they'll tell you). If they could get my address they would enjoy coming over, taking every d20 book I have (maybe not my 4E books but who knows?), and burning them on my lawn.

What? That sounds like paranoid delusions to me. Other people coming over and burning your books???

Charles Dunwoody wrote:

To these fans, the only D&D is 4E and they will make sure you don't forgot it. They are also likely to forgot that Wizards itself do not invent D&D and that the 4E core rulebooks have more than a fair share of errors that make the game unpleasant to nearly unplayable as written (but the books are OOP so it is all good now).

So having some friction between 4E only players and everyone else who plays RPGs on the planet (even if one of those games is 4E) does make some sense.

Also, don't bring up the Ennies with those guys. Seriously.

So, you think hateful behavior here is ok because some people supposedly behave hateful too, on another board?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Malaclypse wrote:
So, you think hateful behavior here is ok because some people supposedly behave hateful too, on another board?

Since I didn't say that, I'd have to say no. The original poster asked if the guy who had posted was serious. I figured he was tongue in cheek but feeling the pressure from 4E only adopters. I have too.

I wade through the abuse on Wizard's site because I do like D&D the game and would like to see fans past and present get along. But quite a few posters over there don't see things the same way. So a tongue in cheek reaction is understandable, from my point of view.

These same posters freak out about 5E, saying it would be unfair to take away 4E from there, they'd leave the hobby, etc. The irony is hard to miss and if I'm a bit flippant about it, well, who wouldn't be after all the conflict of the last few years?

Andoran RPG Superstar 2011 Top 32

Malaclypse wrote:
What? That sounds like paranoid delusions to me. Other people coming over and burning your books???

Tongue in cheek. I don't think 4E only adopters can time travel either.:)

However, I will let the Wizards D&D forums speak for themselves. Join an already existing thread talking about possible changes/improvements to D&D and mention anything you may have liked about previous editions that you think would be good to bring back to the current edition.

I'd wear boots, a tinfoil hat, and an asbestos suit though.


I would ask that haters stop hating, but since they are unlikely to do so I'll say that I did half expect some big announcement about D&D at GenCon. I didn't want to discount 5th edition announcement (mostly because I am pretty sure when it happens it won't be obvious to me), but I was expecting some big announcement (even though I don't recall them doing those sorts of announcements regularly at GenCon) just because it felt sort of quiet and it almost feels like the releases have slowed down (although this may be more because my group just been buying fewer new books).

I have no real desire to declare that I believe they are going to announce 5th edition in the next year because I'm pretty sure I would be wrong most of the time on my guesses.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Charles Dunwoody wrote:
However, I will let the Wizards D&D forums speak for themselves.

I read those forums sometimes, and I feel that you are much more likely to get attacked on the forums here. Some fans here simply view anything critical of Paizo as a personal attack, and respond with attacks of their own.

It has been my experience that it's much harder to discuss anything related to Paizo or WotC here, unless it's praise (Paizo) or damnation (WotC). It doesn't help that there are a few 'usual suspects' who are self-confessed enemies of 4E and who again and again try to inflame threads with their broad statements denouncing 4E or WotC.

I'm a fan of both Paizo and WotC, but I feel that just because I like their work, I should still be able to have a critical discussion of some of the weaker points in their respective products or services. It's a sad thing that so many posters disagree, and overreact.

1 to 50 of 81 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gaming / D&D 4th Edition (and Beyond) / WotC didn't announce 5e at Gen Con! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.