Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Nightflier's End of the War Game Thread


Play-by-Post

Cheliax

There was a blast. That's the only thing you remember. One second you were in your barracks, getting pay and equipment - the next you were thrown in the air by a huge explosion and blinding flash of light. For an instance, it was as if you traveled through a void, and a deep coldness has set in your bones.

Briefly you fought for air, and then you landed on a cold and hard surface. Your heart is pumping blood wildly and your ears are filled with thunderous drumming. Your vision is still blurry and you have trouble regaining enough balance to rise. Through the sound of rushing blood, you hear faint shouts and the clanging of steel against steel.

Fort save DC10 to regain your faculties enough to stand and function normally.


Not in use

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Blinking his eyes to try and clear his vision, Tobar stands and gazes around in an attempt to get his bearings. He is still stunned somewhat by the transition.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Daytona 500 DM / 12

Dot


Fort Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

With a deep slow breath the stone-skinned oread; Beinn-Árd-Càrnborn, shifts his bulk from the ground and rises gradually to his feet.

he looks around himself with bleary eyes - searching for the familiar in the unfamiliar...

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Cheliax

Fort Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

The tall half-elven woman lays sprawled out, her slight frame seeming all the more fragile spread awkwardly on the cold ground, and as she struggles for consciousness there is a brief flickering dimness in the the almost ever-present shimmering pattern of energy that coruscates across her skin and even permeates through the black leather long-coat she wears over the standard issue armour of the Sable Company.

After a long moment of uncertainty, though, she steels herself enough to force her eyes open and she presses weakly against the floor in a feeble effort to lift herself. Silently cursing her unreliable limbs she instead focuses with her mind... as she furrows her brow, her strange energy begins to shift and swirl around her, quickly extending out from her shoulders into a pair of powerful, if not entirely corporeal arms which move easily to lift her to her feet before fading back into the constantly changing pattern.

Raising a hand to her eyes, she looks around for the source of the battle-sounds.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11


Male Human (Romanda) Expert 3/Noble 1

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

Gradually sitting up and spitting some dirt, wondering what just happen and in what moment he wet from yawning to biting the dust.

"Someone is gonna pay for this one boys" after rubbing his eyes for a moment trying to recover his sight.

Perception 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

After listening to the battle noises "Oh hell! Common boys shake it off and move it or I'll beat it out of you" looking at the weird scenery and unfamiliar place "Seems we got sucked in to a mess"

Cheliax

I'm waiting for the rest of the party to post.


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Arnad climbs to his knees, but a second later manages to stand up, drawing his bastard sword as he looks around and tries to determine their location and the state of his squad. He focuses and blinks the dizziness away.
Perception
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
"Squad!" his commanding voice rings out, "Weapons out, back to back!"


Male Human (Romanda) Expert 3/Noble 1
Arnad Anders wrote:
"Squad!" his commanding voice rings out, "Weapons out, back to back!"

Nodding at the captain order "You heard the man! Move it or I'll use your skins to make a new squad banner you slugs!

Intimidation to get them to act quicker 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Damn! I did't to well hahaha


Fortitude: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Struggling to his feet, rapidly blinking and shaking his head, the tall lanky figure in mottled dark clothing immediately begins looking for the deepest shadow to scurry into. At the command to fight back to back, he snorts in disgust. Yeah, right, like I'm gonna stand out in the open waiting for whatever's out there to come get me. If anything's comin' for me, they can chase me into the dark and face me in my playground.

He dives into the first shadow he sees, dipping his head while hunching his shoulders at the bellowing of the sargeant's threat.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Male Goblin Alchemist 1/Sorcerer 1

Fort Save 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Silrack blinks quickly, his eyes darting around as the rubs the aching boils on his face. He stands up, still clutching the vials and chemicals he was messing with when the blast came.

"Who make big light? We want to know secret!" the little goblin says as he moves into position with the big folks. He takes out his dagger and fiddles with his chemical vials with his free hand, looking to see if anything nearby is flammable.

Perception Check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15


Heeding the words of his commander Beinn brings his Earthbreaker to bear, takes a practice swing to correctly gauge combat room required whilst in ranks.

He looks down as the rest of the squad react like the well oiled machine they are... well most of them... Beinn notes Akkori stepping into the shadows;

SHADOWS ACROSS HIS FACE. STONE UNDER MY FEET. WE ALL HAVE OUR AFFINITYS...

In a low voice like slowly grinding stone the massive Oread announces:

"BEINN-ÁRD-CÀRNBORN STANDS READY."


Not in use

Tobar does not draw his rapier, but does lay his hand upon its hilt in a show of compliance with Rickard's bellows. Careful to position himself where he can easily withdraw behind the more combat ready squad members.

This is ... odd ...


F Human Gunslinger/Arcane duelist Gestalt 1

Gods this hurts

Tenobia thought, trying desperately to remember what the hell just happened to land her face down on what felt like hard ground. Her head was throbbing and somewhere past the booming rush of blood through her ears she could hear the clash of steel and Arnad's field voice.

With supreme effort she pushed up onto her knees to be greeted by a wave of nausea that left her on all fours emptying the contents of her stomach into the dirt.

Fort1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

%@#!

Cheliax

You are surrounded by strange acrid smoke. The sound of loud bangs echoes through it. Your vision is limited to perhaps twenty feet around you, but it is clear that you have found yourself in the middle of some large battle. The ding of steel on steel and explosions are clue enough that large forces are arrayed against each other, and that both sides have arcane blasters. You don't have any idea where are you on the field of battle exactly, or even where the field of battle is.

And, as bad luck wills it, your healer seems to be still out of it.

Suddenly, a strange sound somewhere between growling and howling indicates that there is someone in front of you - or several someones. Large figures loom through the smoke and you very well may found yourselves in the fight for your lives, against the opponent you don't know...

Perception, everyone.


F Human Gunslinger/Arcane duelist Gestalt 1

1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Not in use

Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Cheliax

Zeltirina grasps her large curved blade lightly in both hands as she moves into position with the rest of the squad, her visibly shifting energy almost crackling in agitation as she peers through the smoke to see what threat approaches them.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Back from vacation :)

Bienn shifts his fighting stance towards the oncoming din. The huge Oread's breathing slows as he listens to the ground beneath his feet, the sounds assailing his ears and sights before his eyes;

STONE TELL ME YOUR TALES

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17


Male Goblin Alchemist 1/Sorcerer 1

Silrack rubs his aching boils as he tries to see what is making so much noise.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16

"I's can smell burnings. Where's the fire. Me wants it!"

Cheliax

Tenobia Covalestra wrote:
1d20+2

Tenobia:
A large figure, seemingly bald, wielding what looks like a cross between a sickle and a sword is charging through the smoke, intent on catching someone, it seems, but it will most probably run into you.
Cheliax

Tobar Pannell wrote:
Perception 1d20+5

Tobar:
A man in a strangle-looking colorful armor, emerald green in color, drops down on one knee, holding himself up only by planting the but of a spear with long curved blade instead of the spearhead on the ground.
Cheliax

Zeltirina wrote:

Zeltirina grasps her large curved blade lightly in both hands as she moves into position with the rest of the squad, her visibly shifting energy almost crackling in agitation as she peers through the smoke to see what threat approaches them.

Perception 1d20+7

Zeltirina:
A huge boar, saddled and armored, tusks covered by b blood and gore, charges straight at you and your squad.
Cheliax

Beinn-Árd-Càrnborn wrote:

Back from vacation :)

Bienn shifts his fighting stance towards the oncoming din. The huge Oread's breathing slows as he listens to the ground beneath his feet, the sounds assailing his ears and sights before his eyes;

STONE TELL ME YOUR TALES

Perception: 1d20+8

BAC:
A lumbering form shuffles through the acrid smoke. By the outline of it, it seems even larger than you, but not by much. Although, you may be mistaken - but it seems it has two heads!
Cheliax

Silrack the Fire Goblin wrote:

Silrack rubs his aching boils as he tries to see what is making so much noise.

Perception: 1d20 +7

"I's can smell burnings. Where's the fire. Me wants it!"

Silrack:
A tall woman in long white robes stands her back turned to you. Both of her hands are drawn to her sides and strands of white fire streak at unseen figures in front of her.

With his slow voice like grinding stone Bienn calmly informs the squad:

"INCOMING. LARGE BIPED. MAY HAVE TWO HEADS."

As his gaze ajusts to the thick haze, Beinn slowly to face the potential threat.

PATIENCE. ONE STONE HEAD IS BETTER THAN TWO OF FLESH.


Male Goblin Alchemist 1/Sorcerer 1

Silrack's lip starts to tremble a little bit. His eyes already are watering from the smoke around the battlefield.

"Lady not sharing fire. Peoples is supposed to be about sharing with me!"

Silrack then looks up at the grinding of Bienn's voice and tries to see what this new creature is and how the pretty lady is making the fire.

Perception 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Knowledge: Arcana 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 OR
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


Not in use

Hearing the words of others but not seeing the same vision before him, Tobar is cautious. He calls out in Common "Hail warrior, what brings you this way?"

Cheliax

There are still those who haven't rolled Perception, so I'll wait for them to do so...

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Nightflier's End of the War Game Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.