Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

ePubs


Pathfinder Tales

Osirion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

I bought all the fiction in epubs and then tried to read them on my Kindle. It seems like the first three novels that came out are a bit different the the newer epubs.

The older novels work find on my kindle but the new ones do not even show up.

Am I doing something wrong. I transferred the files to the documents folder on my kindle. This worked with those older novels but not with the latest novel or any of the other Pathfinder Fiction.

Help...

RPG Superstar 2008 Top 32

Shem wrote:

I bought all the fiction in epubs and then tried to read them on my Kindle. It seems like the first three novels that came out are a bit different the the newer epubs.

The older novels work find on my kindle but the new ones do not even show up.

Am I doing something wrong. I transferred the files to the documents folder on my kindle. This worked with those older novels but not with the latest novel or any of the other Pathfinder Fiction.

Help...

ePubs are not entirely compatible with the Kindle: they usually require some conversion first. Calibre is free and we've gotten good feedback about its ability to convert our ePubs to the Kindle format.

We haven't changed anything in the way that we prepare ePubs, so the real question isn't really why the new files don't work: its why the old ones did.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Ross Byers wrote:


ePubs are not entirely compatible with the Kindle: they usually require some conversion first. Calibre is free and we've gotten good feedback about its ability to convert our ePubs to the Kindle format.

I'll second the use of Calibre. I use it all the time. The conversion process is VERY easy.

By the way, Calibre will not only convert the file, it will upload it to your Kindle if it's connected by USB or you can set it up to email it your Kindle.

Osirion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

Ross the old files are in a folder with other kinds of files. I move the whole folder over and it works. The new ones are just downloading as one file.

They are clearly different.

I will try calibre. Thanks...

Paizo Employee Paizo Glitterati Robot

Hi Shem,

All of our current novel downloads are packaged as individual .epub documents. Are you unzipping them to put onto your Kindle? That would certainly make a difference. Let us know how Calibre treats the new ones.

Osirion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

I do not see where there is anything to unzip. I just have one file in a format that that my computer does not recognize.

I have not done anything else yet but transfer them over to the kindle. I will have to work on them and see if I can make them work and I will get back with you.

Thanks...

Osirion

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Cards, Maps Subscriber

I used calibre and it worked great.

Sczarni

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Shem wrote:

I do not see where there is anything to unzip. I just have one file in a format that that my computer does not recognize.

I have not done anything else yet but transfer them over to the kindle. I will have to work on them and see if I can make them work and I will get back with you.

Thanks...

Sometimes windows default unzip utility thinks that the epub file is an unzip-able file, which messes it up if you try to unzip it. I think that's what Chris meant

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Tales / ePubs All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Pathfinder Tales

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.