Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

To End the World || An improvised homebrew adventure by DM Patcher.


Play-by-Post

251 to 300 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Witch 2

Reflex save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Coross leaps sideways as the dragon breaths it's breath weapon, and comes out of his roll within striking distance of the dragon, his sword shimmering with arcane energy. He swings at the dragon, and the light from his sword sends rainbows around the cavern as it reflects off the crystalline dragon.

5'Step diagonally towards the dragon. Once there is a map I'll know what suqare I'm in.
Swift Action: Arcane Pool to give sword +1
Standard Action: Attack.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Did my Knowledge check give me any information about the dragon besides it's type? I got a 28.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

for DM:
without a map I am guessing, but if Frum didn't have to make a reflex save from the breath weapon, then he might be flanking the dragon (he's out of the cone). my math puts me 30 feet away from the beasty, so I'll give you rolls in case my rogue flank attack applies. If not, just ignore it. If I can flank with a simple 5 foot step, please consider that part of my move.)

can someone post the map so I can see it? I see Rafael and Patcher referring to coordinates.

Frum attacks again with his short bow.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 attack roll
1d4 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1 damage roll, which will always = 1hp in the event of a hit
1d6 ⇒ 5 for flank attack


Male Human Cleric 1

Here's the map at the beginning of Round 02. The creature is size Large (10x10). I think I got everyone in their approximate locations. The closest party member should actually be 80-feet away instead of the 50-feet shown on the map, so the creature is 30-feet further away (calculate that for your ranged attack range increments [-2 after the first]).

If you move into where the Initiative Order area is I'll move it.

The corridor behind us is closed with a crystal wall.

Here's an overview map from the start of combat at the beginning of Round 01.


My next post won't be for 20 hours at the earliest.


The dragon has a movement speed of 100 ft when flying - he was 80 feet away from you after ending his movement last round. He is 5 feet away from Coross. If Rafael and Frum are more than 30 feet away from Coross - and not in a line - then you may ignore the breath weapon.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

for DM:
i have no idea where I am since I don't know where I landed and none of this makes sense to me. As far as I can tell, all of us were blasted 180 feet back from the explosion, more or less the same distance from the dragon. The dragon travels 100 ft per move, and although it wasn't specified, I infer it used its turn to move towards us, putting it 80 feet away at the end of its action in round 1.

Because none of this was spelled out, and we were told the dragon was 80 feet away and it acted first, I assumed it would be closer than 80 feet when it was my turn to act, possibly right on top of us when it was our turn to attack. I instructed for Frum to shoot a shortbow at him once he was in range, which would have been at 60 feet minimum.

At the beginning of our round 1 action the dragon was 80 feet away, which made my action non-sensical. I would have liked to use that turn to do something else. oh well.

While Frum waited for the Dragon to enter his range, Coross cast a spell, which means his movement could only be a 5 foot step towards the dragon, leaving 75 feet between them.

Skender then seems to have thrown mind blades from 80 feet away and hit while flanking (which I would think would require at least 30 feet of movement 80 feet away.) Lucca hits with a long bow from 80 feet as well, which makes sense to me.

Both of them, with human vision, are able to detect subtle body shudders from 80 feet away in an unlit cave to confirm they hit.

As I was reading this I thought surely I was mistaken and the Dragon was much closer.

Then, the dragon travels 60 feet (50 foot leap + 10 foot slide landing) putting him 15 feet away from Coross by my calculations, but 10 feet away with DM description.

The dragon ends his round 2 action with a breath weapon on Coross, Zachary, and Rafael.

I am probably somewhere within 15 - 25 feet away, I would guess. But being a rogue, it would be nice to know exactly where.

Because this is so confusing for me to follow I'm going to hold off with my turns until we have a map that lists where people are.


Frum Cross wrote:
stuff

I apologise for the lack of clarification. Round 1, dragon acted first. He did a double move, which is 60 feet per move, a 120 feet. That leaves him 80 feet away from all of you. You guys move - but because there is no map, this is difficult to imagine or document. At the start of Round 2, dragon acts first - and lands 5-10 feet away from Coross, and performs a breath weapon on Coross. A 30 foot line. My initial assumption of you and Rafael being in a line for his line attack came from Rafael's suggested map - which I forgot to share with you. That was entirely my bad.

I will allow you to retcon your action - this has not been executed well, and this is my fault.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

Ok, so let's try this. Round 1, Frum lands on N11 (map #2). He has 20 feet of movement per turn and uses it all to end up on N15 as his move action. As a standard action, Frum dips the tip of his arrow in acid. Frum then takes a diagonal 5 foot step to O16.

Round 2, The dragon moves to either K9 or L9, depending on whether it is 5 or 10 feet away from Coross. Either way, Frum is in a position that flanks the dragon.

Using the previous rolls for the flanking attack:

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 attack roll
1d4 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1 damage roll, which will always = 1hp in the event of a hit
1d6 ⇒ 5 for flank attack
plus damage for the acid
1d3 ⇒ 2 does that sound about right for dipping the tip? a splash from a broken bottle is 1d6

1d6 ⇒ 6 in case this is how you want the damage rolled

Frum takes a diagonal step to P17 after taking the shot.


Frum Cross wrote:

Stuff

That seems correct. I apologise for the massive confusion.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

for DM:
no worries. :-)


Kincade Alchemist (Vivisection/Preservationist)

Darche ducks and weaves around the dragon seeking to gain a flanking position with someone else.

total defense, bringing his total AC up to 24 for the AoO he might have caused during this movement.


Male Tiefling (specifically, Glabreezu tainted) Abyssal Sorcerer 1

I don't need to redo my action, as I would've done the same thing then.
So, Reflex for half: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (2) + 0 = 2 Haha, not.

As for round 2:

The dragon's breath clearly staggers Zachary, as he nearly collapses with the force of the stuff. He stays standing, however, and draws his crossbow. He moves to his left so that Coross isn't directly in front of him (O8 on the round 2 map) and fires off a bolt.
Attack: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Male Elan Vitalist 10

As much as it pains me to give up that damage, I'd like to retcon my round 1. Instead of doing what I said, I'd like Skender to move next to Coross. If it takes more than 1 move action, that's fine. This will leave me with both mind blades intact, and waiting for the dragon's assault.

For round two, once it comes to my turn, I would also like to 5-foot step towards the dragon, but I will full attack.

Attack 1:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Attack 2:1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Damage 1:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Damage 2:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Also, Coross, now that we are adjacent, remember the bonus to both AC and Reflex. It could save your life. :P

Another thing. Frum, you cannot flank unless you are in melee. The only way to get SA damage on a ranged attack is to be unnoticed by your target.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

for DM and Skender:
"Another thing. Frum, you cannot flank unless you are in melee. The only way to get SA damage on a ranged attack is to be unnoticed by your target."

1st, there is a chance that the dragon hasn't noticed me. I am 3 feet tall and was 80 feet away in a dark cave when I moved to the flanking position, and didn't move at all when the dragon was attacking with its breath weapon at a specific target. The DM would need to make a perception check or something, I guess.

2nd, the core rulebook (page 68) regarding sneak attack with a range weapon says nothing about being unseen. maybe it was a D&D 3.5 rule?

However you want to handle it, Patcher is fine with me. I am just trying to play for maximum damage here, and have to rely on you, the DM, to decide whether stuff works - whether I;m seen or unseen, etc.

3rd, The real issue, imo, is whether this dragon can ever be sneak attacked (maybe it has a Feat that makes it impossible. Maybe it cannot be flanked regardless. Of course, my character would try to do this as a learned skill (rogue) , and without knowledge of prismatic dragons. For me to not try to flank would be meta-gaming.

But I cannot even meta-game this because I have no idea what a prismatic dragon is, or if it really is a dragon (versus some kind of elemental ?)

So not knowing how DM Patcher will decide to handle it, I simply include the flanking damage roll.


Male Elan Vitalist 10
Frum Cross wrote:
** spoiler omitted **
@ Frum:
Core Rulebook wrote:

When making a melee attack, you get a +2 flanking bonus if your opponent is threatened by another enemy character or creature on its opposite border or opposite corner.

Emphasis mine. This is the actual problem with what you've posting. You cannot technically flank unless you are in melee. When you are unseen by an opponent, they are denied Dexterity bonus to their AC, thereby providing SA damage.


Male Human Witch 2

Looking at the map, I think that I intend to be in L10 since I took a diagonal step and brought myself adjacent to the dragon.


Alright, so this is thoroughly confusing, even for me. As such, I have transcribed all actions that you have done and put them in an initiative order. It will help Rafael with the map - and you can tell me if I have gotten some of your actions wrong. I will do a better job in the future. Let us salvage this fight and make it epic.

Battle:

ROUND 1
DRAGON moves 120 feet forward - and is now 80 feet away
FRUM double-moves to N11
COROSS casts SHIELD and moves to M9
DARCHE takes DEX MUTAGEN and moves to N7?
ZACHARY casts MAGE ARMOUR and moves to O9
RAFAEL moves to Q9 and casts BLESS
SKENDER moves to M10
LUCCA moves to O13 and deals 5 damage to DRAGON

ROUND 2
DRAGON moves to KL89, and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and ZACHARY - COROSS saves and suffers 5 damage, ZACHARY fails the save and suffers 6 damage
FRUM moves where?, attacks and deals 1 damage and 3 acid damage
COROSS - AWAITING ACTION
DARCHE moves to flank at K7 or L7
ZACHARY attacks but misses
RAFAEL - AWAITING ACTION
SKENDER attacks the dragon and deals 8 damage

@Frum: Skender has got the right of it - to flank you need to be in melee. However, if you make a stealth check and beat the dragon's perception check, it will be flat-footed for your attack.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

stealth check to surprise the dragon

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8


Male Human Witch 2
Coross Kelson wrote:

Reflex save:1d20+2

Coross leaps sideways as the dragon breaths it's breath weapon, and comes out of his roll within striking distance of the dragon, his sword shimmering with arcane energy. He swings at the dragon, and the light from his sword sends rainbows around the cavern as it reflects off the crystalline dragon.

5'Step diagonally towards the dragon. Once there is a map I'll know what suqare I'm in.
Swift Action: Arcane Pool to give sword +1
Standard Action: Attack.

Attack:1d20+5
Damage:1d6+2

Did my Knowledge check give me any information about the dragon besides it's type? I got a 28.

Here is my action, I should be in square L10.

I think that from now on we should wait for the initial map before anyone takes an action.


Male Human Cleric 1

Reflex Save to avoid the 30-foot line Dragon Breath: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15

Rafael takes 5 damage if he saves. He takes 6 damage if he fails???

Rafael moves to O11

Updated map at the start of Round 03.

Rafael touches his wooden Holy symbol on his chest and says, "Spirituum virtute alveum positiva per me." A wave of positive healing bursts from him and washes over everyone except Frum.

Rafael Channels Positive Energy to Heal (3/5), excluding the creature, for 1d6 ⇒ 3.

@Frum: Are you really in P17?

DM only:
Is the damage for a failed save correct? I don't know the DC for the reflex save. Next time when you have an effect let me know the start and the end of the line dragon breath so I can draw it in. I'm not sure if I was in the effect (I was in Q9 at the time).

Does the creature look to have a 10-foot reach?


Rafael Ler'it wrote:


I put the DCs in the spoiler tag earlier. 8 damage if you fail, 4 if you succeed.


Male Human Cleric 1

Got it...looks like I missed the spoiler tag for me. Updated map to show the affect of my channel for the start of Round 03.


Status
Spells in affect: Bless (9 rounds)
Channel affect: +1 Knowledge and Perception checks (til the end of my turn)
Rafael: HP 7/8; AC 14, 12 (touch), 14 (flat-footed); Perception +3 (+4)
Donte: HP 13/13; AC 11, 11 (touch), 10 (flat-footed); Perception +5 (+6)


Male Human Cleric 1

DM only:
The next time the dragon breaths please let me know which of the patterns it'll use.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/area-effect-diagrams

A, B, C, or D


Male Human Cleric 1

Just to make sure I was clear if I wasn't, I have Selective Channeling and excluded the creature.


Since Lucca has not responded, I will carry on with round 3 and let him have two actions. Frum, your stealth check does not surpass his perception check.

The dragon takes on a lot of punishment from Coross, Frum and Skender; Coross delivers a great cut across its chin, Frum's acid-laced arrow nudges its way underneath its wing and Skender's mind blades go so far as to open a great bleeding gash across its neck. Zachary however fails to land a blow with his crossbow.

As Rafael casts out another wave of healing, the dragon does an exceedingly quick manoeuvre; facing both Skender and Coross, his open jaw froths with the same strange energy as before - and the energy burns them both.

Skender and Coross, please make reflex saves.

DM Dice Rolls - Coross and Skender may read:

If you succeed on a DC 12 Reflex save, you only take half damage, rounded down.
Dragon breath weapon VS Coross: 2d6 ⇒ (3, 1) = 4
Dragon breath weapon VS Skender: 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) = 11

COMBAT THUS FAR - EVERYONE MAY READ, but RAFAEL IN PARTICULAR:

ROUND 1
DRAGON moves 120 feet forward - and is now 80 feet away
FRUM double-moves to N11
COROSS casts Shield and moves to M9
DARCHE takes DEX MUTAGEN and moves to N7?
ZACHARY casts MAGE ARMOUR and moves to O9
RAFAEL moves to Q9 and casts BLESS
SKENDER moves to M10
LUCCA moves to O13 and deals 5 damage to DRAGON

ROUND 2
DRAGON moves to KL89, and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and ZACHARY - COROSS saves and suffers 5 damage, ZACHARY fails the save and suffers 6 damage
FRUM moves where?, attacks and deals 1 damage and 3 acid damage
COROSS deals 4 damage to DRAGON
DARCHE moves to flank at K7 or L7
ZACHARY attacks but misses
RAFAEL - HEALS EVERYONE for 3 HP
SKENDER attacks the dragon and deals 8 damage
LUCCA - AWAITING ACTION

ROUND 3
DRAGON five-foot steps to J/K/9/10 and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and SKENDER (LINE MODEL A)


Since Lucca has not responded, I will carry on with round 3 and let him have two actions. Frum, your stealth check does not surpass his perception check.

The dragon takes on a lot of punishment from Coross, Frum and Skender; Coross delivers a great cut across its chin, Frum's acid-laced arrow nudges its way underneath its wing and Skender's mind blades go so far as to open a great bleeding gash across its neck. Zachary however fails to land a blow with his crossbow.

As Rafael casts out another wave of healing, the dragon does an exceedingly quick manoeuvre; facing both Skender and Coross, his open jaw froths with the same strange energy as before - and the energy burns them both.

Skender and Coross, please make reflex saves.

DM Dice Rolls - Coross and Skender may read:

If you succeed on a DC 12 Reflex save, you only take half damage, rounded down.
Dragon breath weapon VS Coross: 2d6 ⇒ (2, 5) = 7
Dragon breath weapon VS Skender: 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

COMBAT THUS FAR - EVERYONE MAY READ, but RAFAEL IN PARTICULAR:

ROUND 1
DRAGON moves 120 feet forward - and is now 80 feet away
FRUM double-moves to N11
COROSS casts Shield and moves to M9
DARCHE takes DEX MUTAGEN and moves to N7?
ZACHARY casts MAGE ARMOUR and moves to O9
RAFAEL moves to Q9 and casts BLESS
SKENDER moves to M10
LUCCA moves to O13 and deals 5 damage to DRAGON

ROUND 2
DRAGON moves to KL89, and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and ZACHARY - COROSS saves and suffers 5 damage, ZACHARY fails the save and suffers 6 damage
FRUM moves where?, attacks and deals 1 damage and 3 acid damage
COROSS deals 4 damage to DRAGON
DARCHE moves to flank at K7 or L7
ZACHARY attacks but misses
RAFAEL - HEALS EVERYONE for 3 HP
SKENDER attacks the dragon and deals 8 damage
LUCCA - AWAITING ACTION

ROUND 3
DRAGON five-foot steps to J/K/9/10 and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and SKENDER (LINE MODEL A)


Male Tiefling (specifically, Glabreezu tainted) Abyssal Sorcerer 1

If no one moves to M8:
Zachary raises his hands in front of him and chants an incantation. A wave of fire bursts from his hands toward the dragon.

Set up the cone so its shooting away from the group, but catching the dragon.
Burning hands damage: 1d4 + 0 ⇒ (1) + 0 = 1 No need to make a save, it just does 1 damage.

Now, if someone does move to M8 before my action:
Zachary reloads his crossbow and takes another shot.

To hit: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (3) + 0 = 3 Ugh, at least I won't hit an ally.


Kincade Alchemist (Vivisection/Preservationist)

Darche moves in to flank again 5foot step to j8 and lunges with his cane at the dragon.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d4 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5
If I'm in flanking with someone add +2 to the attack roll and the 1d6 points of damage


Male Elan Vitalist 10

Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18

Skender will 5-foot step to L9 to get back within striking distance, then unleash a barrage.
Attack 1:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Attack 2:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Damage 1:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Damage 2:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Edit:Briefly turning to Coross, he asks," Hey buddy, you wanna spread out a bit after his next breath?"

Suggestion to begin flanking. Not only will we get our bonus damage, Darche will also get his extra damage, if you 5-foot step diagonally to K11 in round 4.Then I'll move to flank, and it'll be a lot fun.:P


Male Human Witch 2

Save:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Coross jumps to the side and aims a precise slash at the dragon's snout.

Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

round 3

Frum stealthily moves along the shadowy wall of the chamber to M16 and prepares another acid tipped arrow.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24 stealth check


Male Human Cleric 1

Here was the map immediately after the creature took its turn at the beginning of Round 03. Coross, Skender, and Donte were in the creature's breath attack.

Donte Reflex save (DC 12): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 - Success...@DM Patcher, please roll damage for Donte HP 13/13
Donte is not under my control so I'm not sure what it will do when attacked - it is combat trained.

I call Donte to my side using the Come trick. Handle Animal Check (DC 10) 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20 - Success. Donte moves to O12

--

Rafael 5-foot steps into N11

Updated Round 03 map after my turn.

Rafael touches his wooden Holy symbol on his chest and says, "Spirituum virtute alveum positiva per me." A wave of positive healing bursts from him and washes over everyone except the creature.

Rafael Channels Positive Energy to Heal (4/5), excluding the creature, for 1d6 ⇒ 3.


Status
Spells in affect: Bless (8 rounds)
Channel affect: +1 Knowledge and Perception checks (til the end of my turn)
Rafael: HP 8/8; AC 14, 12 (touch), 14 (flat-footed); Perception +3 (+4)
Donte: HP ??/13; AC 11, 11 (touch), 10 (flat-footed); Perception +5 (+6???)


The dragon, distracted by the enormous assault from Darche, Skender, Coross and Zachary, does not notice Frum sneaking away; while Coross is unable to land a blow, Skender delivers a fierce cut on the dragon's neck and Darche stabs it under the wing. Zachary's fire spell scorches the dragon, though it appears to shrug off majority of the damage.

Infuriated, the dragon turns to Skender with malice in its eyes; like lightning he clenches his jaw right around Skender's shoulder and neck, and then buries both claws right into his chest. The dragon roars as it lets go of Skender's unconscious body...

Donte suffered 4 points of damage. Then everyone healed 3 points of damage. Skender, you suffered 21 points of damage afterwards, and are at -7.

DM Dice rolls:

Breath weapon on Donte: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8
Bite attack on Skender: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Bite damage on Skender: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Claw attack on Skender: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Claw damage on Skender: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5
Claw attack on Skender: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25
Claw damage on Skender: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

COMBAT TRANSCRIPTION:

ROUND 1
DRAGON moves 120 feet forward - and is now 80 feet away
FRUM double-moves to N11
COROSS casts Shield and moves to M9
DARCHE takes DEX MUTAGEN and moves to N7?
ZACHARY casts MAGE ARMOUR and moves to O9
RAFAEL moves to Q9 and casts BLESS
SKENDER moves to M10
LUCCA moves to O13 and deals 5 damage to DRAGON

ROUND 2
DRAGON moves to KL89, and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and ZACHARY - COROSS saves and suffers 5 damage, ZACHARY fails the save and suffers 6 damage
FRUM moves where?, attacks and deals 1 damage and 3 acid damage
COROSS deals 4 damage to DRAGON
DARCHE moves to flank at K7 or L7
ZACHARY attacks but misses
RAFAEL - HEALS EVERYONE for 3 HP
SKENDER attacks the dragon and deals 8 damage
LUCCA - AWAITING ACTION

ROUND 3
DRAGON five-foot steps to J/K/9/10 and uses BREATH WEAPON on COROSS and SKENDER (LINE MODEL A)
FRUM moves and stealths
COROSS suffers 3 damage and misses
DARCHE attacks and deals 1 damage
ZACHARY casts BURNING HANDS and deals 1 damage
RAFAEL heals everyone for 3 HP
SKENDER suffers 3 damage and deals 5 damage
LUCCA - AWAITING ACTION

ROUND 4
DRAGON uses full attack and deals 21 points of damage to SKENDER

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

Frum sees Skender fall and remembers to remain perfectly quiet. This dragon has to go down now.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11 attack roll

1d6 ⇒ 4 for acid damage

1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 sneak attack damage + regular damage from arrow (always only 1)

[ooc] EDIT: I had missed the '/' on one of the dice tags and it needed to be fixed

After Frum sees his arrow miss the mark he attempts to hide in the nearby shadows undetected. 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20


Male Elan Vitalist 10

As Skender falls, those near him can hear him shout "Motherf-" before being knocked out by the Dragon's brutal assault.

Ouch. I got a boo-boo.


M human Inquisitor 1 (Domain Trickery)

Gah. Sorry.

Lucca snaps out of his daze and fires the arrow he'd been holding.

attack (w/ longbow) 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
damage 1d8 ⇒ 5

And another.

1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
1d8 ⇒ 3


Darche moves over to skender and quickly touches him leaving his infamous paw print.

Five foot step, stabilization ability.
as usual its temp unless you wanna make it permanent skender.


Male Human Witch 2

Seeing Skender fall, and with a quick glance to see that he is being ministered to by Darche, Coross redoubles his efforts against the dragon, he stabs again with his sword at the Dragon's face, while his hand crackles with an eldritch arc of electricity. As the dragon flinches from his sword strike, Coross plants the ball of energy directly in the creature's eye.

Spell (DC 16):
Shocking Grasp

Full Round Action: Spell Combat.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Sword Attack:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Defensive Casting:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 = 19->Success
Spell Touch:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Critical Confirmation:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16->Pretty sure this does not confirm
Sword Damage:1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Spell Damage:1d6 ⇒ 4 electricity.


Male Human Cleric 1

Updated Round 04 map after my turn.

Rafael touches his wooden Holy symbol on his chest and says, "Spirituum virtute alveum positiva per me." A wave of positive healing bursts from him and washes over everyone except the creature.

Rafael Channels Positive Energy to Heal (5/5), excluding the creature, for 1d6 ⇒ 3

Rafael grabs a bundle of Rope from Donte.


Status
Spells in affect: Bless (7 rounds)
Channel affect: +1 Knowledge and Perception checks (til the end of my turn)
Rafael: HP 8/8; AC 14, 12 (touch), 14 (flat-footed); Perception +3 (+4)
Donte: HP 13/13; AC 11, 11 (touch), 10 (flat-footed); Perception +5 (+6)


Male Tiefling (specifically, Glabreezu tainted) Abyssal Sorcerer 1

Zachary drops his crossbow and advances at the dragon, a wild look flashing in his eyes. His fingers grow into claws, and he slashes at the beast while roaring.

5-foot adjust to L8 and aid another on Coross to grant +2 to hit.
Attack vs. AC 10: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Human Cleric 1

Map at the start of Round 05


Male Human Witch 2

I did not realize where Darche was. I am going to take a 5' step to K11 for flanking purposes.


Male Human Cleric 1

Updated map for the start of Round 05


@Coross: It did confirm. I will roll crit damage for you since it could change everything. 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Frum unleashes a well-aimed attack: the arrow buries itself into its neck, and it lets out a distracted roar, turning to the gnome. The gesture gives Zachary and Coross the perfect opening. Zachary buries his claw into the dragon's exposed throat, and Coross' thrust sinks into the soft flesh, deep enough for the tip to burst out between the dragon's eyes.

It shudders and gargles, its wings struggling to keep up. The first leg falters, and the dragon collapses on its side, blood seething out of its mouth. It is, without a doubt, slain.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Rogue, Level 1

Rafael, you had better take a look at Skender. I don't think the University will let me take any more students on research field trips

Perception check: looking for anything dangerous, other creatures - a mother?

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21

Frum walks up to the dragon corpse and examines its scales. Could these be used for armor?

While Rafael tends to Skender, Frum will take as much time as is needed to perform the following checks (taking 20, 2 minutes minimum for each):

Perception: 26 looking for treasure, around the dragon, all around the chamber
Appraise: 28 on everything seen, including the dragon's scales, any other body parts, etc


M human Inquisitor 1 (Domain Trickery)

Lucca tries to figure out where exactly it come from- if it just formed from the floor or what.


Kincade Alchemist (Vivisection/Preservationist)

Indeed Frum. Back in my day adventuring youths were much tougher than that. They could beat up dragons like this with their bare hands and both arms tied behind their back.


Male Human Cleric 1

Rafael says, "Lets hope this can help. Vúlnera minorem curare," and his hand glows a light blue warm light. He reaches out and touches Skender.

Rafael converts Know your Enemy into Cure Light Wounds and heals Skender for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Rafael says to Skender, "Welcome back the living. Don't move, your wounds are quite serious. Rest my friend."

Rafael does a Heal on Skender with a 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Rafael says, "Lorem mecum aquae." Water beings to flow from nothing.

Rafael casts Create Water and cleans the wounds of Skender.

Rafael says, "Skender is in no way able to continue. I suggest we bunker down and rest."

Rafael takes 10 and provides long term care to everyone (up to 6) - Heal check of 18.


Male Elan Vitalist 10

Skender ,now at -1 HP, doesn't respond, although some of his wounds close slightly.


Male Human Cleric 1

Rafael says, "Are we safe? Do we need to move Skender? I have no more healing till the morning."

Rafael continues a few moments later while dressing Skender's wounds, "I didn't have time to say this during the fight but my theory on that crystal being an egg was wrong. If you go and look more closely at the crystal, DO NOT TOUCH, you'll notice the claw marks are from the outside. My theory is that the creature we just fought may have been attracted by the crystal and tried to open or destroy it, thus the cracks.

I didn't notice where the creature came from. I don't know if it was summoned or if it traveled here and was able to surprise us.

Perhaps it left some tracks or has a nest or lair nearby?

I'm concerned about that wall of crystal that closed behind us when the creature attacked. Or perhaps it manifested when we touched the crystal? I'm not sure I didn't notice where it came from because my attention was on the crystal.

This cavern has created more questions than it has answered."

@DM Patcher: With my last Knowledge (Arcana) check can I classify it as a "Very Young Prismatic or Brass Dragon"?


Male Tiefling (specifically, Glabreezu tainted) Abyssal Sorcerer 1

Zachary's claws turn back into fingers, and his stance becomes more calm. He moves to the dragon's head, looking at its crystalline eyes greedily. "Hey guys, I wonder how much a dragon-sized crystal is worth?" He gives a large, jagged-toothed smile.
Zachary reaches down to the dragon's eye and attempts to pry it out of the socket.
Strength check:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17

251 to 300 of 545 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / To End the World || An improvised homebrew adventure by DM Patcher. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.