Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Gauntlet has Been Thrown at PaizoCon, The Challenge Accepted!


PaizoCon

1 to 50 of 76 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

I have Challenged Kyle Baird, Painlord and Ryan Bolduan aka MisterSlanky to survive my GMing of You Only Die Twice on Saturday morning and they have accepted! *At least Kyle and Painlord have*.

Tentatively I have been able to set myself up as a GM for this scenario, this challenge of death dual of GM vs Player, I ask now of those that know they deserve this PC death and who know them, to pass to me their weakness and secrets so we can assure the death of their PCs!

Spoiler:
Though it is true I am trying to GM this scenario and Tentatively it may happen, I am not really going to try to kill their PCs, though I am looking forward to being their GM ... ;)


Dragnmoon wrote:

... I ask now of those that know they deserve this PC death and who know them, to pass to me their weakness and secrets so we can assure the death of their PCs!

** spoiler omitted **

sharp pointy things*

Spoiler:
*this is only a guess :)
good luck :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I'm not getting excited until Hyrum approves your request.

p.s. You'd better start working on your maps. I have high expectations.

p.p.s. Painlord already identified my weakness in another thread. It had something to do with cake.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
I'm not getting excited until Hyrum approves your request.

He said he can't change it now be we can work something out at the show, and he is sending me the scenario.

And I can't work on the maps until I have the Scenario!! ;)

Qadira

Dragnmoon wrote:

I have Challenged Kyle Baird, Painlord and Ryan Bolduan aka MisterSlanky to survive my GMing of You Only Die Twice on Saturday morning and they have accepted! *At least Kyle and Painlord have*.

Tentatively I have been able to set myself up as a GM for this scenario, this challenge of death dual of GM vs Player, I ask now of those that know they deserve this PC death and who know them, to pass to me their weakness and secrets so we can assure the death of their PCs!

Yo--

I want to accept this challenge (and when I picked up the gauntlet it was to ask when to ensure my availability) because that way I can bring in my factionless magus-gunslinger who chain casts terrible remorse while making 90 on all knowledge rolls.

I had already signed up to play in the Part 2 of the Eyes of the Tenh series and feel committed to make sure that table goes off before ditching that challenge for this one.

I'd love to do this, but cannot fully commit until I can confirm the Lvl 12 table will be able to go without me.

-Pain


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Painlord wrote:

I'd love to do this, but cannot fully commit until I can confirm the Lvl 12 table will be able to go without me.

-Pain

Bah! Screw the level 12's. I heard your judge will be a pile o' crap anyway.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:


Bah! Screw the level 12's. I heard your judge will be a pile o' crap anyway.

What he said, but I hear the same about the judge for You Only Die Twice ;)

Qadira

Dragnmoon wrote:
What he said, but I hear the same about the judge for You Only Die Twice ;)

Save me a spot, D'moon. I'll try to get free. I want in on this.

I want to watch Kyle do what he's been saying he was going to do to your monsters. It's going to be ugly.

-Pain


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Painlord wrote:

It's going to be ugly.

-Pain

Yeah, maybe if we can get a mask for 'Moon, it won't be so ugly.

Lantern Lodge

Dragnmoon wrote:

I have Challenged Kyle Baird, Painlord and Ryan Bolduan aka MisterSlanky to survive my GMing of You Only Die Twice on Saturday morning and they have accepted! *At least Kyle and Painlord have*.

Tentatively I have been able to set myself up as a GM for this scenario, this challenge of death dual of GM vs Player, I ask now of those that know they deserve this PC death and who know them, to pass to me their weakness and secrets so we can assure the death of their PCs!

I can list weaknesses, secrets, habits, and trip-you-up tricks of Mister Slanky from the past 17 years. I'd like to think my terrorizing GM style over the years has made his characters into the paranoid, fearful of death, 8 backup plans havin', don't trust anyone kind of PC. :)

I had him sittin at -7 or so last Wednesday...but I couldn't gitter done. Much luck to you!

Just make sure to take pity on Slanky's character's adventuring mate. A luckless half-elf fighter rogue...cursed to travel Golarion and obtain secrets for the Pathfinders with Slanky's obnoxious wizard.

So, I too accept your challenge, hesitatingly...<gulp>. EDIT: oh wait. I wasn't challenged, being small fry. scratch the accept. ;)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
KoelmanShow wrote:
I can list weaknesses, secrets, habits, and trip-you-up tricks of Mister Slanky from the past 17 years. I'd like to think my terrorizing GM style over the years has made his characters into the paranoid, fearful of death, 8 backup plans havin', don't trust anyone kind of PC. :)

I can do the same for Mr KoelmanShow, except he's usually too busy not doing much of anything to be a threat. In fact, as a rogue I don't think he's survived a single reflex save yet; that's where I'd try to hit him.

Quote:

Just make sure to take pity on Slanky's character's adventuring mate. A luckless half-elf fighter rogue...cursed to travel Golarion and obtain secrets for the Pathfinders with Slanky's obnoxious wizard.

So, I too accept your challenge, hesitatingly...<gulp>. EDIT: oh wait. I wasn't challenged, being small fry. scratch the accept. ;)

I guess I'll just load up my character sheet with Emergency Force Spheres, Gaseous Form, Dimension Door, Invisibility, and any other spell or ability that simply will let me leave when it looks like Kyle is going to die.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Still would like to Get Doug into this game, and Thea....

:)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
I have Challenged Kyle Baird, Painlord and Ryan Bolduan aka MisterSlanky to survive my GMing of You Only Die Twice on Saturday morning and they have accepted! *At least Kyle and Painlord have*.

Any way for another VC to jump in on this table?

I'd be game as it sounds like a blast!

Qadira

Eric Brittain wrote:

Any way for another VC to jump in on this table?

I'd be game as it sounds like a blast!

Only if you bring Maya...but my guess is that she's retired by now.

D'Moon, if we have room, let there be room for VC EB.

-Pain

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Painlord wrote:
Eric Brittain wrote:

Any way for another VC to jump in on this table?

I'd be game as it sounds like a blast!

Only if you bring Maya...but my guess is that she's retired by now.

D'Moon, if we have room, let there be room for VC EB.

-Pain

Sure as soon as he adds an Avatar to his Forum Name so I can recognize him when he posts.. ;)

I did not even notice Eric Brittain was a VC! I have a tendency to skip over posters with no Avatars, be habit of mine..:(

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
I did not even notice Eric Brittain was a VC! I have a tendency to skip over posters with no Avatars, be habit of mine..:(

Kind of how I like to skip over posts with pictures of kind of a Bedouin looking trader on it. It's natural.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
MisterSlanky wrote:
Kind of how I like to skip over posts with pictures of kind of a Bedouin looking trader on it.

My vision gets all blurry every time I see that avatar and I skip the post. It's usually just Dragnmoon or Lou Diamond, so it's no big loss.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Painlord wrote:
Only if you bring Maya...but my guess is that she's retired by now.

I would be bringing Maya who has only just hit level 11 (and now has wings thanks to the robe of arcane heritage).

I have yet to find and avatar that works for me. I keep switching between different ninja avatars but no one seems to notice. ;-)

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Did someone say something? I could not tell over the screams of the player characters dying...;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dragnmoon wrote:
Did someone say something? I could not tell over the screams of the player characters dying...;)

Remember, they can only die twice. ;)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Eric Brittain wrote:
[I would be bringing Maya who has only just hit level 11 (and now has wings thanks to the robe of arcane heritage).

It's tier 5-9 :(


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Hyrum Savage wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Did someone say something? I could not tell over the screams of the player characters dying...;)
Remember, they can only die twice. ;)

Surely you and Dragnmoon are willing to make an exception just for me?

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
Hyrum Savage wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Did someone say something? I could not tell over the screams of the player characters dying...;)
Remember, they can only die twice. ;)
Surely you and Dragnmoon are willing to make an exception just for me?

I will find a way to do it thrice!

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eric Brittain wrote:
[I would be bringing Maya who has only just hit level 11 (and now has wings thanks to the robe of arcane heritage).
Kyle Baird wrote:
It's tier 5-9 :(

Then I will bring a Mwangi druid and his Charua-ka 'animal' companion (reskinned ape who does not use weapons - just say no to glaives!).

Taldor

Eric Brittain wrote:
Then I will bring a Mwangi druid and his Charua-ka 'animal' companion (reskinned ape who does not use weapons - just say no to glaives!).

Hey, wait a second... I have a glaive! It's all good just as long as there's no Kelishites at the table. Thankfully Shelyn blessed us with the ability to exclude those desert rats from her divine gifts.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Eric Brittain wrote:
Then I will bring a Mwangi druid and his Charua-ka 'animal' companion (reskinned ape who does not use weapons - just say no to glaives!).

So it is an Ape that the Crazy Druid thinks is a Charu-Ka?

I think Heal cures insanity.. ;)

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Eric Brittain wrote:
Then I will bring a Mwangi druid and his Charua-ka 'animal' companion (reskinned ape who does not use weapons - just say no to glaives!).
Dragnmoon wrote:


So it is an Ape that the Crazy Druid thinks is a Charu-Ka?
I think Heal cures insanity.. ;)

It is an ape that the druid introduces as a Charua-ka druid doing penance for going against his circle's rules back in Mwangi by participating in an assualt on a Pathfinder expedition.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Eric Brittain wrote:


It is an ape that the druid introduces as a Charua-ka druid doing penance for going against his circle's rules back in Mwangi by participating in an assualt on a Pathfinder expedition.

Like I Said...Insane!!!!!

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Hyrum officially changed my schedule to You Only Die Twice!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
Hyrum officially changed my schedule to You Only Die Twice!

That's it. I'm canceling my flight to Seattle.

Qadira

Kyle Baird wrote:
Dragnmoon wrote:
Hyrum officially changed my schedule to You Only Die Twice!
That's it. I'm canceling my flight to Seattle.

And I'm now praying that there is a good solution to get me out of Eyes of the Tenh Pt.2 so I can enjoy this romp...at this table...of DOOOOOM!!!

I freakin' love playing with VC EBrittain and if you add to it the chance to play with Slanky and Byle Kaird....DAMN! And then I'll get to eat my faction mission in front of D'moon...I've just achieved Nerdvana.

I'm re-booking Kyle's flight to Seattle.

-Pain

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Painlord wrote:
And then I'll get to eat my faction mission in front of D'moon..

You are confused about me hating that when I am a player and when I am a DM.. I love it when a player screws up their PCs when I am a DM..;)

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

After reading this scenario I am really excited about running it! Good work Hyrum!

I am hoping I get to run this at 8-9 sub-tier, what levels do we have so far?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:

After reading this scenario I am really excited about running it! Good work Hyrum!

I am hoping I get to run this at 8-9 sub-tier, what levels do we have so far?

Saturday, June 11

08:00 AM – 01:00 PM You Only Die Twice
GM: Dragnmoon
PC1: Kyle Baird - Cleric 9
PC2: Ryan Bolduan - Wizard 8
PC3: KoelmanShow - Fighter 4 / Rogue 4
PC4: Steve Miller - Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight 1/5/3
PC5: Pain?
PC6: OPEN

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:


Saturday, June 11
08:00 AM – 01:00 PM You Only Die Twice
GM: Dragnmoon
PC1: Kyle Baird - Cleric 9
PC2: Ryan Bolduan - Wizard 8
PC3: KoelmanShow - Fighter 4 / Rogue 4
PC4: Steve Miller - Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight 1/5/3
PC5: Pain?
PC6: OPEN

and Avatarless Eric Brittain and his insane Druid? I did not know Steve was joing us.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
I did not know Steve was joing us.

We needed additional entertainment.

p.s. We're going to walk all over your scenario. BAM!

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber

Fair warning to Eric, Kyle may be know as a PC killer, but for me Companions do no fair well...;)

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
p.s. We're going to walk all over your scenario. BAM!

don't you mean shuffle? ;)

Qadira

Saturday, June 11
08:00 AM – 01:00 PM You Only Die Twice
GM: Dragnmoon
PC1: Kyle Baird - Cleric 9
PC2: Ryan Bolduan - Wizard 8
PC3: KoelmanShow - Fighter 4 / Rogue 4
PC4: Steve Miller - Fighter/Wizard/Eldritch Knight 1/5/3
PC5: VC EBrittain - Ape with Druid Cohort
PC6: Pain (?) - PartyAnchor (I ponder which yahoo to bring in.)

-Pain

p.s. Millerhero too? Sweet.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:

After reading this scenario I am really excited about running it! Good work Hyrum!

I am hoping I get to run this at 8-9 sub-tier, what levels do we have so far?

Level 6 mwangi Druid with Charua-ka (ape companion) who has no aversion to playing up.

Edited: to remove auto-corrected Charua-ka to "Chard-ka"

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

I've signed up for this game at this time! What play will depend on what pregens are available...they WILL be available, right??


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yes, pregens will be available. For this game it'll be the level 7 pregens. There's also two tables of this game going on at the same time.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.

You too? Mine is in for touch-up so I had to grab a primed one.

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:
I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.

Wow look at this mini... oops I dropped it... Damn I stepped on it and broke it... Oh well, here is a nice Pre-Painted one for you..


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
Kyle Baird wrote:
I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.
Wow look at this mini... oops I dropped it... Damn I stepped on it and broke it... Oh well, here is a nice Pre-Painted one for you..

Don't worry, I've got plenty more with me! Look he's got silver colored skin! And armor! And hair!

You'll be happy that I *did* actually (hastily) paint a mini for this year's PaizoCon. It's just not for my character.

p.s. Do you have a mini for a gnome wearing full plate and "wielding" a glaive?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Dragnmoon wrote:
Kyle Baird wrote:
I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.
Wow look at this mini... oops I dropped it... Damn I stepped on it and broke it... Oh well, here is a nice Pre-Painted one for you..

I'm expecting DougDoug level maps for this game. You'd better not disappoint..

Qadira

Kyle Baird wrote:
I can't wait to see Dragoonmoon's face twitch when I plop down an unpainted metal mini for my character.

You guys have minis?!?!

I didn't know this was going to be a FANCYPANTS game with pretty MINIS and all fancy and all that.

All I have is a rock that I decorate with earwax and bellybutton lint. Where I come from we don't have fancy ass minis and paint!

Someone should have told me before I agree to this game...I didn't know I had to put on airs just to get seated at the table. :(

-Pain

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game, Modules Subscriber

Wow! Wish I could throw my 9th level Cleric / Fighter in there--but I'm running another game. I would love to get "slaughtered*" by Dragonmoon!

*read as "pampered with a massage and pedicure"

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Kyle Baird wrote:


I'm expecting DougDoug level maps for this game. You'd better not disappoint..

They will be Paizo Level Maps... Flip-Maps and Map Packs. It is Con season they take advantage of those during Con season.

1 to 50 of 76 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / PaizoCon / The Gauntlet has Been Thrown at PaizoCon, The Challenge Accepted! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.