Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

DC Comics Reboot


Comics

651 to 700 of 841 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge Marathon Voter 2013

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Wish they had used the reboot as an opportunity to change the stupid Red Robin name. They could've been a bit more creative for Tim's name.


Coridan wrote:
Wish they had used the reboot as an opportunity to change the stupid Red Robin name. They could've been a bit more creative for Tim's name.

calls mm tiiiim drake...


I collect the Green Lantern books and so far, they haven't gone thru the magic continuity-erasing reboot. Yet, I picked up Justice League #1, which was awful, btw, and GL didn't recognise Batman at all.

I'm confused about this, and my question is: are the GL books gonna go thru the magic continuity destroying machine as well? If so, what month is that happening on? That will pretty much break my heart and complete my exit from DC Comics, because I have been a huge fan of Geoff Johns and Peter Tomasi's run on the GL books.

Oh well, GL aside, I'm glad I'm more of a Marvel fan. Go Marvel!

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

You missed the caption at the top of the first page of Justice League that said "FIVE YEARS AGO."

That story takes place five years ago. In a sort of magically sliding scale, the Justice League formed five years ago, and all of the "kept" continuity generally fits within that window.


Erik Mona wrote:

You missed the caption at the top of the first page of Justice League that said "FIVE YEARS AGO."

That story takes place five years ago. In a sort of magically sliding scale, the Justice League formed five years ago, and all of the "kept" continuity generally fits within that window.

Ah, you are correct, I did miss that. That issue makes a bit more sense now. I still don't understand why superheroes are hunted by the government now apparently. That seems much more X-Men than JLA.

Sovereign Court

Was there any reason why Tim has reverted from Wayne to Drake? Last I saw in the Red Robin comic he legally changed his name to Wayne.


Just got into a huge debate with the wife over Starfire and her new look. Apparently I am wrong and the 7 year old is right, (and the not coached). Apparently Starfire did not exist before 2002(or at whenever the cartoon started) and i am a sweaty smelly old perv for remembering a different version.


Erik Mona wrote:
* Yes, I realize that stubborn Geoff Johns got to keep his precious, precious Green Lantern continuity, so much of this garbage is probably still in continuity, but my general point remains.

I think the Green Lantern comics were the number 2 selling property in the DC stable (behind Batman) and honestly, it makes little sense to mess with what is selling well. The Bat-continuity is also reasonably intact.


Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

Agreed. And Concur.

Meh. There is a very, very good argument that could be made that the Starfire on the TT Cartoon was NOT Starfire, but another character.

also, why was the girl not reading the dcau teen Titans comic? That is my biggest question and a gaping hole in the webcomic.


Freehold DM wrote:
Just got into a huge debate with the wife over Starfire and her new look. Apparently I am wrong and the 7 year old is right, (and the not coached). Apparently Starfire did not exist before 2002(or at whenever the cartoon started) and i am a sweaty smelly old perv for remembering a different version.

The reboot version isn't the same as the old comics version either, as most of the complaints and the 7 year old point out.

RPG Superstar 2010 Top 32

I'm not normally fond of Shortpacked, but even a blind boar finds an acorn occasionally.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Erik Mona wrote:

As for the Batcomputer calling Tim a member of the Teen Titans... I think that's really a nitpick. It's akin to complaining that the caption in Stormwatch #1 refers to events in Superman #1, which comes out three weeks later. Yeah, it's annoying, and yeah, it's a minor error, but it's really not that big of a deal. I mean, we know the Teen Titans are coming. We've even seen the whole team assembled on the last page of Superboy #1.

Actually, if I'm reading the article correctly, the writer states that the script existed before the reboot.

Scott Snyder via Robot 6 wrote:
So for us it was really designed to be accessible from go and then when the relaunch happened and it got numbered at number one I looked at it and thought,’Okay, now I’m going to have to change some stuff to be more accessible.’ And as I was reading it, I realized I really didn’t, it has everything in issue one that, to me, introduces a new fan to the world of Batman and celebrates the world of Batman for an older fan — the rogue’s gallery, the relationships between Bruce, Dick, Tim, Damien, they’re all there.

[Emphasis mine]

If his recounting is accurate, then it's likely an editor that should have caught the Teen Titans error. So I'm not blaming the writer. :-)

Aazen wrote:
Was there any reason why Tim has reverted from Wayne to Drake? Last I saw in the Red Robin comic he legally changed his name to Wayne.

I assume this was done for 'reader convience'. I don't have my RR issues handy, but I remember Tim commenting about being Wayne & Drake.*

Spoiler:
I kind of liked how they were leading, pre-boot of course, that Damien was 'Dick's Robin' while Tim was 'Bruce's Robin'. I'm also wondering if there's some backstory to be revealed in Titans that Tim and Bruce had a parting of the ways.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

Agreed. And Concur.

Meh. There is a very, very good argument that could be made that the Starfire on the TT Cartoon was NOT Starfire, but another character.
also, why was the girl not reading the dcau teen Titans comic? That is my biggest question and a gaping hole in the webcomic.

Do they collect the Tiny Titans into TPBs? The article states that she buys the graphic novels with her own money.


Matthew Morris wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

Agreed. And Concur.

Meh. There is a very, very good argument that could be made that the Starfire on the TT Cartoon was NOT Starfire, but another character.
also, why was the girl not reading the dcau teen Titans comic? That is my biggest question and a gaping hole in the webcomic.
Do they collect the Tiny Titans into TPBs? The article states that she buys the graphic novels with her own money.

. Not sure about tiny titans, but I am sure the teen Titans dcau is. Also, to be clear, i am referring to the webcomic linked above, not the little girl who my wife and and i can't agree on.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Freehold DM wrote:
Not sure about tiny titans, but I am sure the teen Titans dcau is. Also, to be clear, i am referring to the webcomic linked above, not the little girl who my wife and and i can't agree on.

Understood.

I checked Amazon. the Teen Titans GO graphic novels I've found most recent was 2007-2008. That might be a factor. It does look like Tiny Titans are collected in graphic novel form. (makes notes for Gabby Christmas gifts...)


Matthew Morris wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Not sure about tiny titans, but I am sure the teen Titans dcau is. Also, to be clear, i am referring to the webcomic linked above, not the little girl who my wife and and i can't agree on.

Understood.

I checked Amazon. the Teen Titans GO graphic novels I've found most recent was 2007-2008. That might be a factor. It does look like Tiny Titans are collected in graphic novel form. (makes notes for Gabby Christmas gifts...)

That's a serious loss, on both counts!


Freehold DM wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

Agreed. And Concur.

Meh. There is a very, very good argument that could be made that the Starfire on the TT Cartoon was NOT Starfire, but another character.
also, why was the girl not reading the dcau teen Titans comic? That is my biggest question and a gaping hole in the webcomic.
Do they collect the Tiny Titans into TPBs? The article states that she buys the graphic novels with her own money.
. Not sure about tiny titans, but I am sure the teen Titans dcau is. Also, to be clear, i am referring to the webcomic linked above, not the little girl who my wife and and i can't agree on.

Did you read the webcomic? The point of it was, that the girl as a child liked the cartoon, now she's in college, hears about the new comic with her favorite character due to DC's promotion of the reboot and is disgusted and doesn't buy any more DC comics.

Why would you expect her to find the DCAU Titans comic? Wait, is there even a DCAU Titans comic? There's Tiny Titans, but that's definitely not marketed to her age group.

And finally, while it can be argued that the cartoon Starfire isn't the same character, that doesn't solve anything. A hypothetical new reader with fond memories of the cartoon can still be offended. It can also be argued that it's a reboot and they're all new character's not the originals from previous comics. Since the character of the new Starfire doesn't bear much resemblance to the old Starfire that's probably the best way to look at it. It's still a disturbing and offensive character though.


Yes, I read the webcomic. And yes, there is (or was) a dcau teen Titans comic. If it was stopped, i dont know why -it was good, and it kept that universe going. Not buying into the all new characters thing, but that's just me.

thejeff wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

Agreed. And Concur.

Meh. There is a very, very good argument that could be made that the Starfire on the TT Cartoon was NOT Starfire, but another character.
also, why was the girl not reading the dcau teen Titans comic? That is my biggest question and a gaping hole in the webcomic.
Do they collect the Tiny Titans into TPBs? The article states that she buys the graphic novels with her own money.
. Not sure about tiny titans, but I am sure the teen Titans dcau is. Also, to be clear, i am referring to the webcomic linked above, not the little girl who my wife and and i can't agree on.

Did you read the webcomic? The point of it was, that the girl as a child liked the cartoon, now she's in college, hears about the new comic with her favorite character due to DC's promotion of the reboot and is disgusted and doesn't buy any more DC comics.

Why would you expect her to find the DCAU Titans comic? Wait, is there even a DCAU Titans comic? There's Tiny Titans, but that's definitely not marketed to her age group.

And finally, while it can be argued that the cartoon Starfire isn't the same character, that doesn't solve anything. A hypothetical new reader with fond memories of the cartoon can still be offended. It can also be argued that it's a reboot and they're all new character's not the originals from previous comics. Since the character of the new Starfire doesn't bear much resemblance to the old Starfire that's probably the best way to look at it. It's still a disturbing and offensive character though.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

What complicates this particular reboot among all others is that a fair number of books ignore the sudden change of continuity as opposed to prior occasions all books were affected whether they had CRISIS crossovers or not.

This apparantly also includes titles of the main characters as well.

Quite frankly... it's simply a mess.

On the other hand that shot of Joker holding that ridiculously large mallet behind and over Clark Kent's head.... it's just the incarnation of comedic anticipation.


Freehold DM wrote:
Yes, I read the webcomic. And yes, there is (or was) a dcau teen Titans comic. If it was stopped, i dont know why -it was good, and it kept that universe going. Not buying into the all new characters thing, but that's just me.

Ah got it. Teen Titans weren't strictly DCAU, so I missed that Teen Titans Go was the adaption. Ended in 2008.

No real surprise that she wouldn't find it today.


thejeff wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Yes, I read the webcomic. And yes, there is (or was) a dcau teen Titans comic. If it was stopped, i dont know why -it was good, and it kept that universe going. Not buying into the all new characters thing, but that's just me.

Ah got it. Teen Titans weren't strictly DCAU, so I missed that Teen Titans Go was the adaption. Ended in 2008.

No real surprise that she wouldn't find it today.

i am surprised and saddened they stopped it.

Sovereign Court

The bottom line in regards to Red Hood and Catwoman. I usually argue that Comics are a valid artform. In fact, I liken them to our modern day mythology. The Greeks/Romans had Zues/Jupiter we have Superman. Those two 1st issues weaken my argument. Its like saying porn is good cinema and thus is a valid artform. (waits for it...)

Sovereign Court

So, from what issues I could grab or were on my pull list (darn issue 1 hunters).

Blackhawks: GIJoe meets SHIELD. Art's a bit sloppy. But I expect it to clean up as the artist gains more time on this. Overall, looks promising.

New Guardians: Miffed on the slight alteration on the origin. Think they've could have recapped everything in one page, but oh well. This looks promising as well though.

Hawkman: Carter is less polished (apparently when you're young you cant be) I'm getting a 'Wolverine with Wings' vibe. I like it so far.

Aquaman: Did not suck. I'm adding it to my pull list.

Everything else released was out.


I'm not sold on Blackhawks, but then, I still have a stack of them from when they flew around the world beating up Nazi's and having fantastic adventures. Then again, at least in this go-round, they're not stereotyping their members (Chop-Chop, anyone?), so that's okay with me. Although, I didn't like the fact that they actually had someone explain what a nickname is derived from... Oi.

Anyway, Spoilers!

Spoiler:

Teen Titans - Um. Not sure about this one. Lobdell seems to be having some trouble writing these issues. The stilted dialogue from Red Hood appears to have made its way into this book. I'm still not sold on Cassie as an international thief, and I am not crazy about the 70's disco wings on Red Robin. But, hey, maybe what failed for Nightwing will work for him.

New Guardians - Sad to say I saw the big reveal at the end coming a mile off. That said, it could have used a big "Five Years Ago" marker on the opening flashback like we got in Justice League. Other than that I dug it.

Superman - I am more than a little miffed at the fact that this supposedly huge big world-shattering event that we got told about in Stormwatch #1 and given a "See what happened in Superman #1!" marker on was relegated to a single damned page. It felt pointless and like a gimmick to sell copies of the other book. It's interesting, though, to see the return to the GBS-era haircut for Lois, as well as her old arguments from the 80's with Clark about whether or not television/electronic media or print is the best way to deliver news.

Justice League Dark - I would like more of this, please. Also, it's nice having someone who can actually write John Constantine properly, as opposed to that hackneyed "Oi, Allo, Guv!" crap that was given to us in Brightest Day Search For Swamp Thing.

Aquaman - Did not suck, and was in fact really good. I noticed that there was a notable lack of the mysterious hooded lady from Flashpoint in this - she's been in almost every other book so far.

I, Vampire - Now, consider, I cut my teeth on the original I, Vampire series in the '80's. Andrew Bennett and I go way back. I thought the original series was dark and moody and dealt with a ton of subtexts, such as fratricide, alcoholism, free will, and a ton of other very pertinent and important pieces of pathos. The Blood Red Moon was something that, as a nine-year-old boy (in 1981 when the series began) I was ridiculously terrified of. The original I, Vampire was scary first, and sexy second. A part of its sexiness was the fact that the characters were just so damned flawed, and utterly human in their execution. I think this new I, Vampire is going for a reversal of that, at least in the first issue. It feels a lot like they're trying to grab the modern day Glitzy Vampire and Sexy Vampire crowds. I am in neither of those crowds, and I really dislike the whole "The sun doesn't kill us, but it does remove most of our powers and make us weak" angle. Yeah, yeah, it was present in Stoker's Dracula, sure, but still. Not my favorite thing. That being said,, though, I did enjoy it. Mary is clearly crazy as a loon, and Andrew is clearly driven by guilt and the desire to make things right. I like that. I will be picking this up again.

Also, no hooded lady in this one, either.

The Flash - It was The Flash. I liked it, but then, it's hard to mess up The Flash. I didn't see the ending coming, and overall I really liked it. Not sure about the armored costume yet, but then, I'm not sure about it on any of the new relaunches (Superman/Supergirl included). I do hope they explain where it comes from, in some upcoming issue. That'd be boss.

Voodoo - I didn't buy this one, but I did read it in the shop. I am sad to say that I was right, and the entire issue was basically a T&A parade with a lot of "Look, Pris is hot and she is secretive and oh, by the way, she is also a monster under her skin."

She eviscerated a guy in the table dance room of a strip joint, and no one noticed a thing. That takes skill.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
jemstone wrote:

Voodoo - I didn't buy this one, but I did read it in the shop. I am sad to say that I was right, and the entire issue was basically a T&A parade with a lot of "Look, Pris is hot and she is secretive and oh, by the way, she is also a monster under her skin."

She eviscerated a guy in the table dance room of a strip joint, and no one noticed a thing. That takes skill.

Wouldn't places like that be soundproof?


So is anyone else seeing this as just another Image Comics relaunch?

This is depressing.

Sovereign Court

So reread New Guardians, some nitpicks:

Fatality has rounded ears instead of the pointed she used to have (do appreciate the more conservative SS costume though).

The 5 year ago really doesnt work for Kyle does it because that would mean Emerald Eclipse happened, Zero Hour happened, Final Night happened and if the continuity of GL didnt change, but the whole DC verse was truncated to 10 years.... Thats a crap load of events that happened to Earth and everyone should be exhausted.

Ganthet gets up forges the last ring. Behind Oa's central battery is still intact....

Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Aazen wrote:
Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

Yes.


Aazen wrote:

So reread New Guardians, some nitpicks:

Fatality has rounded ears instead of the pointed she used to have (do appreciate the more conservative SS costume though).

The 5 year ago really doesnt work for Kyle does it because that would mean Emerald Eclipse happened, Zero Hour happened, Final Night happened and if the continuity of GL didnt change, but the whole DC verse was truncated to 10 years.... Thats a crap load of events that happened to Earth and everyone should be exhausted.

Ganthet gets up forges the last ring. Behind Oa's central battery is still intact....

Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

the entire comic made me hurl. It and Legion lost are tied for last place.


Aazen wrote:

So reread New Guardians, some nitpicks:

Fatality has rounded ears instead of the pointed she used to have (do appreciate the more conservative SS costume though).

The 5 year ago really doesnt work for Kyle does it because that would mean Emerald Eclipse happened, Zero Hour happened, Final Night happened and if the continuity of GL didnt change, but the whole DC verse was truncated to 10 years.... Thats a crap load of events that happened to Earth and everyone should be exhausted.

Ganthet gets up forges the last ring. Behind Oa's central battery is still intact....

Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

Hey, I don't pretend to be able to justify it, I only know what Johns, Didio, and Lee have said over and over again - and that is that all Batman and Green Lantern continuity is unchanged and still canon. I'm the first to agree that keeping it such makes no sense and causes more problems than it solves. This is just another example.

Oh, and Charles Scholz - the room as it was drawn was large, open, and not particularly private in the long-run. It's basically like she just ripped the guy to shreds behind a thin curtain of beads and then walked away passively, a-la a Bill Cosby routine.


Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

So reread New Guardians, some nitpicks:

Fatality has rounded ears instead of the pointed she used to have (do appreciate the more conservative SS costume though).

The 5 year ago really doesnt work for Kyle does it because that would mean Emerald Eclipse happened, Zero Hour happened, Final Night happened and if the continuity of GL didnt change, but the whole DC verse was truncated to 10 years.... Thats a crap load of events that happened to Earth and everyone should be exhausted.

Ganthet gets up forges the last ring. Behind Oa's central battery is still intact....

Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

the entire comic made me hurl. It and Legion lost are tied for last place.

Wow, Freehold Dm, Legion lost is that bad? I haven't gotten my copy yet.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
Wow, Freehold Dm, Legion lost is that bad? I haven't gotten my copy yet.

I'm sorry to hear that as well. Dawnstar was one of my favourite Legionaires.**

Also, are Dawnstar and the Red Lantern Bleeze of the same people?

**

Spoiler:
Yes it was originally because I was a hormonal teen aged boy and her outfit (and the way she filled it out) but I liked the character too.


Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Scarab Sages

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber
Kurgon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Haven't seen it. What books?

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

It's pretty much in all the books. Often, they clearly picked a background character and made it the hooded woman at the last second, because she shows up in weird places. I'm sure they'll come back to it next time their sales require an "event".

I thought Week 4 sucked, mostly. All-Star Western was at least different and cool. Aquaman was really fun (although very light), and a lot of other stuff was an utter embarrassment. I think this was the worst week of the relaunch so far (though I'm positive on it in general).

Dark Knight and Flash were paper thin, worthless stories.

Blackhawks was confusing.

Superman was stupid, overly wordy, and proof that a penciller, even a great one like George Perez, probably shouldn't be writing comic books.

Fury of Firestorm was, for my money, the worst comic of the entire relaunch. Hawkman wasn't much better.

Green Lanterns: New Guardians was flat out stupid.

I wonder if they intentionally held the worst books for the last week? If this slate had come out first, I think the general reaction to the New 52 experiment would have been a lot more negative.

I have yet to read Teen Titans or Voodoo, though, so perhaps those will redeem the week for me....


Just about everything actually. I first noticed it in teen titans standing in the woods behind the cop that pulls cassie over, then in a croud of people about halfway through the flash so I started going though all the new #1s and it's in just about every issue.

Sovereign Court

Kurgon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Hawkman is probably the most blatant. She's standing right behind him when's fighting in the ship.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Bleeding Cool lists her appearance in all 52 (and Flashpoint 5, clearly)

Eric, I'll have to read your review on Firestorm. I like Gail's work as a whole, though my first and last exposure to Firestorm of late in the books was Blackest Night. Then I read up on Gehenna as was really sad at her fridging*, she sounded cool.

*

Spoiler:
Come on, turning her to salt, right in front of Jason, with Deathstorm actively making him help? Then the Dr Light bit? That wasn't even horrifying, it was 'we want to bring Ronny back, so Gen has to go! Terry and undead baby in Titans, that was horror.


Erik Mona said wrote:
It's pretty much in all the books. Often, they clearly picked a background character and made it the hooded woman at the last second, because she shows up in weird places. I'm sure they'll come back to it next time their sales require an "event".

I just checked Flashpoint #5 and this is also the person that merged the three timelines.


EileenProphetofIstus wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Aazen wrote:

So reread New Guardians, some nitpicks:

Fatality has rounded ears instead of the pointed she used to have (do appreciate the more conservative SS costume though).

The 5 year ago really doesnt work for Kyle does it because that would mean Emerald Eclipse happened, Zero Hour happened, Final Night happened and if the continuity of GL didnt change, but the whole DC verse was truncated to 10 years.... Thats a crap load of events that happened to Earth and everyone should be exhausted.

Ganthet gets up forges the last ring. Behind Oa's central battery is still intact....

Continuity alterations? Or just sloppy research?

the entire comic made me hurl. It and Legion lost are tied for last place.
Wow, Freehold Dm, Legion lost is that bad? I haven't gotten my copy yet.

i am afraid so. Bad art, confusing stories, dead characters for no reason. A real pisser.

Star Voter 2013

Erik Mona wrote:
Superman was stupid, overly wordy, and proof that a penciller, even a great one like George Perez, probably shouldn't be writing comic books.

In all fairness, Perez did much of the scripting for the post-Crisis Wonder Woman, and his work is generally considered a high point for that character.

Of course, that was almost 30 years ago and involving a character who badly needed a revamp. Whether Perez still has that magic is debatable, and the need for Superman to get rebooted is open to much debate.


I liked New Guardians, but then I am a Kyle Rayner fan. I'm curious as to how they handle the fact that Jade probably no longer exists (daughter of Alan Scott, who got ret-conned away to an alternate earth) though. She was a big part of his story, and either she changes, a different person takes her place in the backstory, or or she just gets scrubbed away.

I was considering Hawkman, but after a quick flip-through at the comic shop I thought better of it.

So far, I am getting the following.

Stormwatch (sucker for the Martian Manhunter)
Nightwing (my only Bat-title. I think Dick got the cowl yanked away due to editors, not reader response)
Resurrection Man (had the whole run from before the reboot, one of my faves)
Green Lantern
Green Lantern Corps
Green Lantern: New Guardians
Mister Terrific (as the only JSAer left standing, I decided to pick his comic up)

Tried Batwoman, but it just didn't hold me.
I might take a closer look at Red Lanterns, but it will have to improve for me to take a better look.

End result, I', actually spending the same amount of money as I was before. While I have some new things I am buying, I have dropped a couple in protest (bat-books) and the JSA titles (and tie-ins) have been cancelled.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Charlie Brooks wrote:


Of course, that was almost 30 years ago and involving a character who badly needed a revamp. Whether Perez still has that magic is debatable, and the need for Superman to get rebooted is open to much debate.

Perez is a legend, no doubt about it, but of all the 49 comics I read prior to it, Superman #1 was the only one I put down half-way through because reading it was taking forever, and I wasn't particularly enjoying the experience.

Paizo Employee Publisher, Chief Creative Officer

Jason Ellis 350 wrote:


Tried Batwoman, but it just didn't hold me.
I might take a closer look at Red Lanterns, but it will have to improve for me to take a better look.

I actually quite enjoyed Red Lanterns, or at least I liked it a lot more than I expected to. I agree that its status on my pull list depends on the next couple of issues, but I expected to absolutely HATE it, and instead I thought it was pretty fun.

Maybe it was the cat?

Oh, and as I hear it the JSA is coming soon. I suspect Mister Terrific's trans-dimensional rift-maker will be the thing that opens the door to "Earth 2".

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

Flash Fact.

Bleeding Cool just pointed out that Kid Flash blew up the X-mansion in issue one of Teen Titans.

*shrug* Not reading it anyway, but can both sides stop making snide jokes and write good books?

Dark Archive

Matthew Morris wrote:

Flash Fact.

Bleeding Cool just pointed out that Kid Flash blew up the X-mansion in issue one of Teen Titans.

*shrug* Not reading it anyway, but can both sides stop making snide jokes and write good books?

Actually I thought that bit was pretty funny. It was the best part of that book.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

David Fryer wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:

Flash Fact.

Bleeding Cool just pointed out that Kid Flash blew up the X-mansion in issue one of Teen Titans.

*shrug* Not reading it anyway, but can both sides stop making snide jokes and write good books?

Actually I thought that bit was pretty funny. It was the best part of that book.

Be that as it may... I'd still prefer they focus on their own houses rather than taking potshots at each other.

Now the bit where She Hulk is tasked by the living Tribunal to defend 616 against the 'new shinier trophy wife' reality (1616) That was a funny metajoke.


Kurgon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Clearly you've not read any of my posts in this thread, since they all mention her.

I knew I was wordy, guys, but I didn't think y'all were ignoring me. :(

(that were a joke)

Okay, but seriously, I honestly do think she's their "The Reboot Didn't Work" escape hatch. Like I said way back a while ago, if the reboot works, we'll never see her again. If it doesn't, she's going to pop up in The Flash and say to Barry "You did it! You saved the timeline!" and then POW! we're back in the old continuity.

The very fact that both the Legion books mention the "Flashpoint Breakwall" in the same way they once referred to the Crisis On Infinite Earths - that of an event that has happened, is happening, and will continue to happen unless something changes (and has the potential to greatly impact their "present" timeline) kind of shores up my thoughts on this.

Unlike Freehold, I didn't outright loathe Legion Lost, but I'm very unhappy with its first offering. I'll give it two more issues to pick up, then I'm dropping it.

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8 , Star Voter 2013

1 person marked this as a favorite.
jemstone wrote:
Kurgon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Clearly you've not read any of my posts in this thread, since they all mention her.

I knew I was wordy, guys, but I didn't think y'all were ignoring me. :(

(that were a joke)

Huh, you said something? (j/k)

I've already named her. Rhett Kahn.


Matthew Morris wrote:
jemstone wrote:
Kurgon wrote:
Has anyone else noticed the cloaked figure with the red glow around their head that keeps popping up in almost every issue? I feel like I'm playing Where's Waldo of the DC Universe.

Clearly you've not read any of my posts in this thread, since they all mention her.

I knew I was wordy, guys, but I didn't think y'all were ignoring me. :(

(that were a joke)

Huh, you said something? (j/k)

I've already named her. Rhett Kahn.

... I'm sorry, but someone has to do it...

KHAAAAANNNNNNN!!!!!!!

651 to 700 of 841 << first < prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gamer Life / Comics / DC Comics Reboot All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.