Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Team Aboleth and "The Rebel's Ransom"


Play-by-Post

1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The shifting sands of Osirion have been known to swallow entire communities, wiping them from the face of Golarion. Those same dunes sometimes uncover that which has been lost, revealing secrets from the past. In a nation with a rich and mysterious history, such discoveries set off a rush of exploration, but the deserts are not a safe place, and more than one group of treasure-hunters has donated their bones to the sands. When Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir contacted you this morning in Sothis, the story was a familiar one. A group of Pathfinders has gone missing in the desert and he would like to send you to find them. You have been asked to meet at his office to discuss the rescue.

In the lounge outside his office sit five individuals from all walks of life. Joined by an oath to the Pathfinders they await the details of their next mission. Shortly after the last has arrived the Venture Captain's door opens and the stern man enters the room.

"I am Venture-Captain Norden Balentiir, some of you I have worked with before. Others I have called because you were nearby and unassigned. We can save the small talk for later, there are three Pathfinders lost in the desert and I want you to find them. If possible, finish their mission of searching that tomb.

Theo Aldebrant, you're an ugly som'b&~#%, but you can talk a lion out of his mane. Qalas, you're along for arcane support and that monster of yours might come in handy if things get rough. "Basilisk" Jack, they might need your keen eyes in the desert. Aeron Vilman, you'll help the crawdad with wetworks. Leamur, you're a highly-trusted member, keep the group from cutting each others throats.

Your target set out eight days ago and until yesterday had kept in touch via magic. The last message I received they reported entering the tomb. Now maybe the tomb has some sort of protections on it to prevent communication, but I wouldn't be a Venture-Captain if I bet on maybes," He pulls out several pieces of paper from a pouch. "These are requisition slips, take them down to the stable where five horses and three mules are waiting with two-weeks worth supplies. Each horse will have a scroll tube in the saddle-bags showing the route to the tomb, located southwest in the Parched Dunes. Any questions?"

Andoran

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

The scruffy looking man nervously fiddles with his battered scythe, he looks up ”No, Sargent, no questions”


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

The ugliest of the bunch looks up from his frothy mug of ale and inquires "If I figure it right, it's a week there, a week back. Will two weeks rations be enough, in case of complications? This concerns me, especially in deserts as treacherous as these..."

He eyes his pack, filled, as usual, with several weeks of emergency rations on top of standard requisitions

"N-Nevermind. We should be covered. Parched Dunes, they're called, though..."

He gulps down the remaining ale.

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22 Fort save vs. Alcohol

Theo casts create water, filling his empty tankard

"Well I sure don't want to die of thirst."


Norden shakes his head,"You'll be fine. If there are any complications Aeron and Jack are skilled outdoorsmen and should be able to provide."


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"Is that so?" Theo eyes the scruffy-looking man fiddling with the scythe. "You're Aeron, then, yes? What do you know about the deserts we're to be travelling through? Its hazards, geographical features...monsters?"

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus does not wish to interrupt, nor to barrage captain Ballantiir with a volley of unrelated questions. When opportunity presents itself, he will chime in: "Thanks, o venture Captain, for this opportunity to earn the esteem of our Society. I have but two questions, if you would honor them with replies.

"First, what do you know of the three agents you sent originally? Perhaps, if we knew their strengths, we could better prepare ourselves for what dangers they were unprepared to face.

"Second, what do we know of this tomb? How old is it supposed to be? Who or what should we expect to find within?"

And, while I realize this is not a typical Pathfinder Society adventure, Qalaus is indeed a member of the Qadiran faction, and he often gets side missions from his superiors.


Not minding the interruption at all he answers, “It was a small group of just three experienced explorers. Led by Jilarni Golgarna, a veteran from Galt, the group also included Jojack Harnast, a dwarven trap expert, and Gilleon Samsil, a human sorcerer of some skill. This wasn't their first treasure hunt, Jilarni once slew a manticore raiding a caravan she was guarding,” the Captain seems to reminisce about this Jilarni fondly, worry lining his face "The tomb is called the Hall of Seven Scepters and it is supposedly the final resting place of a powerful merchant prince. We've been contacted by the Ruby Prince himself to investigate it. I don't know much more about the tomb myself, you'd have to ask a historian or story teller."

K. History or bardic knowledge check to see what your characters might know or have heard.

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11
Mastermind wrote:


The Captain seems to reminisce about this Jilarni fondly ...
K. History or bardic knowledge check to see what your characters might know or have heard.

Sense Motive to get a better sense of his attitude or feelings toward Jilarni: 1d20 ⇒ 7

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Andoran

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

”I wouldn’t like to say Theo, anything can kill in a desert”

Andoran

"I could of sworn I read something about the Hall of Seven Scepters in my Pathfinder Chronicle, let me see if I can find it!" With a look of excitement Learnur draws forth a dusty tome from his haversack. Immediately he begins pouring over pages of script searching for the correct passage that contained the necessary historical knowledge.

Knowledge (history): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Wearing a wide brimmed hat slung over his back and tan linens common to Andorean's serving in hot climates, Jack sits smiling taking in how everyone has begun to interact with each other. "Worry not, Theo. If there are less than friendly creatures lurking along our path we are well equipped to handle it.", Jack finishes this sentence with a pat to the long, cloth case sitting across his lap. "I know a little about the things that live in this area and a bit more on how to survive out here. So if things get a little...hairy, we will be just fine."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

"You say, o captain, that the first team took eight days to travel to this Hall? If your concerns prove to be well-grounded, we can't afford eight days to follow in their path. Even if they were simply robbed and left alive, they'll be dead afore we arrive."

Qalaus looks around to the rest of his newfound companions. (The name is pronounced like "K'laus", which has gotten the halfling confused with Klaus von Trement, a more pre-eminent pathfinder from Brevoy, once or twice. Von Trement has never found this funny.)

"Have any of us a good idea for getting there before nightfall?"


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

Theo grunts, and after nursing the water now in his tankard, says, quietly "I'm not what you'd call...worried, Jack, but I likely wouldn't be alive if I didnt 'overprepare' for potentially hazardous journeys. The key to victory is to know the enemy."


Qalas' Knowledge:
You recal a story from one of the local taverns. The Hall of Seven Scepters belongs to a powerful merchant prince from the early 1200s AR, named Alkhet Utmari. He had six wives, but no children. He presented each wife with a previous scepter on their wedding day, similar to the one he always carried. Alkhet outlived all of his wives, and when he died, they were all buried in the same tomb, the Hall of Seven Scepters. Shortly afterward, a great sandstorm blew across the Parched Dunes and the location of the tomb was lost.
Learnur's Knowledge:
While this chronicle doesn't have any information you remember reading a book titled Histories of Osirion Nobility . The names ring a bell and you recall that The Hall of Seven Scepters belongs to a powerful merchan tprince from the early 1200s AR, named Alkhet Utmari. He had six wives, but no children. He presented each wife with a previous scepter on their wedding day, similar to the one he always carried. Alkhet outlived all of his wives, and when he died, they were all buried in the same tomb, the Hall of Seven Scepters. Shortly afterward, a great sandstorm blew across the Parched Dunes and the location of the tomb was lost.
"The others took camels into the desert. I've purchased the finest horses in the market. Hopefully, they'll save you a day or two," a bit hopeless he responds, "Gilleon was out best mage in the lodge and even he couldn't teleport to a tomb nobody knew the description of."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus repeats what he knows for the benefit of his colleagues (that is, feel free to read the spoiler text).

Horses are better than camels, but I fear that even they might be ridden to destruction. Is it possible, o captain, for us to find someone willing to sell us a wand with which we might conjure mounts?"

Andoran

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

While I agree that magical mounts would be more useful, i fear that if we not hurry we may let a badly wounded party of our colleagues die for our slowness in the matter, if we can't find a wand we should leave immediately to their rescue

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus nods to Aeron. "Indeed. Let us see what can be found in Sothis."

Would determining the availability of a wand of mount be a Diplomacy / Gather Information style check, or Knowledge (local)?

"Another question, if we have not yet exhausted your patience, noble captain. You say that the Ruby Prince himself wishes the Society to investigate these ancient halls. Does His Highness have some instructions for us? Are we to retrieve something particular for him, or may we gather all the valuables from the tomb without let or hindrance?"


That sense motive was a bust by the way. Nothing even close to learned.

Norden shakes his head, "Already thought of it. We have a wand of mount available in the armory, but I've run the numbers. It would be of little use on your journey. With a group this size you would need six of 'em, and that would be just enough to get you there and back as fast flesh and blood horses."

"The prince just wanted the tomb inspected and any information or relics returned. Standard dig, bring the goods back and let the scribes sort out the details."


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Sir, how many horses might you be able to outfit us with? We could ride one and have another running unburdened beside. By switching between them we could double our distance. I could even ride with one of you as my weight would be of little burden.", Jack says to the Venture-Captain.


"We usually have an agreement with a camel dealer for our mounts. Slow but sturdy animals. This morning I had the steward go out and acquire the fastest animals available. Three horses, two desert ponys, and three mules for your gear. You should be able to make much better time than them. If you think it would be wise to purchase more horses and ride them into the ground with little sleep for yourselves before facing one of the most expensive, possibly well-trapped tombs found this decade. You're braver than I."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

"The ponies and mules will slow us down, too, o captain. But I bow to your wisdom in this."

To all you others, Qalaus smiles and says, "Shall we be off, then? I'm curious to see these maps."

Do we have anyone who can help us endure the heat and sun of the desert? Do we have anyone who can read ancient Osirion?


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Gimme a lead in and I can provide you with at least ancient Osirion bit,linguistics does cover this correct?


Reading old glyphs on a tomb wall? Certainly.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Excellent. I happen to have studied Ancient Orisian at the university in Absalom. Qalaus, let me know what you may need translated!

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus greets the grooms, and looks over the map they provide. "If this is accurate, we have some days of travel ahead of us. Let us make certain we have provisions necessary.I propose we leave Sothis two hours before sunset."

In particular, are there provisions for getting just us five back, or are there also supplies for the original expedition?

Qalaus does attempt to buy or otherwise obtain a wand of mount, just to be on the safe side. ("I have heard tales of folk who are left in the desert without their animals. Rarely do they end well.") Also, a wand of endure elements, unless someone else wants to provide that effect with spells.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

Theo shakes his head briskly, his mind returning to the situation at hand "I don't know the status of the rest of the group, but I...am prepared. Leaving in the evening, though, may not be the best idea. I understand that it saves us from traveling in the desert heat, but then the hours of heat will be when we sleep, and so we'd need shelter..."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

"Tents, my friend?"


A quick stop at the armory and Qalas is able to obtain both a wand of mount and wand of endure elements. The steward hands them over whispering quietly, "Bring 'em back alive and we won't need to discuss reimbursing the Society."

In the stables the group finds enough food, water, and bedrolls to last nine people a month in the desert. The finest sadles have been used and the mules are precariously balanced with goods, but don't appear to be strained.

The stable boy speaks up as he prepares the mounts under the noon sun, "'eard from ta road that tere's a merchant caravan camped out on the trail. If you ride out now you'll be able ta make it by nightfall."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus is both impressed with the expense of the provisions, and bemused. Quietly, he notes to Learnur, "I suspect we're dealing with a venture captain for whom gold is no object, and a provisioner who know when to up-sell." Raised among Qadiran businessmen, the halfling approves.

Do we have any sense as to whether traveling with a caravan would speed us up or slow us down?

And again, just checking, does Qalaus receive a faction mission?


A caravan is usually slower than walking. They are useful for camping at night. There are no actual assigned missions in this, just items which certain factions would find appealing."

Andoran

"Your suspicions are likely correct, although I must say in the several years I've worked for the Society I have never had the pleasure to work with Captin Balentiir. It does seem he has provided for our group handsomely, doesn't it?" Learnur stands and gently returns his dusty chronicle to his haversack.

"Well gents, I'm ready when you are. Day or night, it matters not, the road beckons and I must answer its call."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Unless anyone objects, Qalaus posits that we should move forward with all due speed. 'Taking the ponies and mules will slow us down. Trying to move with a caravan will slow us down. Just horses, and just enough equipment (we need 6 days rations to get there, one day for exploring there, and another 6 days for the trip back).'

Once we're ready to travel, Qalaus will call out in a loud voice and light incense. Shortly, the wisps of blue smoke coalesce and solidify, becoming an enormous creature, insectoid, crablike, human-shaped, with iridescent blue scales, a serpent-like mouth in front of large multi-faceted eyes that seem decorative more than sensory. On its back are six large gossamer wings, moving independently of one another.

"Gentlemen, this is Marra, my wife."

The creature bends down to examine the rest of you. "Pleeezzz'd" it says, its raspy voice coming from organs on its locust-like legs.

Qalaus won't be riding a horse, or a pony. Marra will be carrying him as she flies.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Jack's eyebrows raise a bit at the mentioning of Marra being Qalaus' wife, but quickly recovers his genuine smile. "Pleased to meet you too, Ms. Marra.", he says with a slight nod. Guess it i'nt any worse than some the things them folks in Cheliax are in to, hahaha., he thinks to himself as he shoulders his gear. "I agree we should get moving,folks. Time is not on our side on this one. Now, which way to the stables?"


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

Knowledge (planes) to get an idea about Marra.

1d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 31
and another 4 on top of that to determine her abilities/weaknesses

After startling briefly at the appearance of Marra, Theo regains his bearings, nodding in agreement with Jack's statement.

"With haste, then."

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Well, with that, and a day or two of observation, you know that Marra is an eidolon, and its -- or rather, her -- current form is variable. Right now, she flies, and she's enormously strong. She seems to have some sort of venomous bite, but she bites Qalaus on the shoulder or the hip every evening as some sort of intimate ritual, so his system is probably swimming with poison as well. But all that is temporary, the current arrangement of her essential stuff. She could just as easily shift that around and assume the form of a humanoid armadillo with three heads, all of which breathe fire. However, she vanishes into smoke as soon as he goes to sleep, and it takes him several minutes to call her back in the morning.

You also get the sense that whenever Marra and Qalaus have conversations, there's none of the standard minor miscommunication and correction, confusion and clarification, that happens between two people, even old friends or long-married couples. They seem to be of one mind somehow, play-acting any disagreements or little disputes.


The sun is beginning to reach the peak of its arc and the streets are near empty. Under normal circumstances now would not be the time to travel. With the roads mostly clear the group is able to ride to the outskirts of the sandy town unhindered. By nightfall the party has reached a camp of merchants who are eager to share their fire with a group of well-armed Pathfinders.

The next three days are uneventful. The following two nights the group spends resting at specially prepared oasis's established beside the trail. On this road, they encounter few others, just merchants or travelers making their way to or from the great city. On the fourth day out from Sothis the directions require the party to leave the trail and venture south into the trackless desert. This sun-baked land has few markers and little in the way of respite from the relentless heat. The groups most rugged members are required to make any progress through the desert.

Three survival checks from anyone with ranks in it, if you don't mind.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

As the party continues its travel into the barren waste that are the sand seas of Osirion, Jack leverages all the knowledge he possesses of field craft in a desert waste.

Survival x3
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15

Andoran

As the horseback travel from Sothis to the parched dunes is fairly uneventful for the first few days, Learnur takes this time to make small talk with his fellow agents. Always curious, he asks questions about their families and friends, their goals and motivations, and of course who their favorite Pathfinder is, "Mine is The Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shane". With conversations blooming and everyone getting to know one another, its obvious that Learnur is indeed the type of person who wants everyone to get along and he often attempts to quell minor differences amongst the party with astute diplomacy.

On the third day of travel Learnur spends several hours dilligently scribing passages from his previously published works contained in the Pathfinder Chronicles. During this time Learnur becomes distant and distracted as he focuses his attention on recalling the authored passages from memory alone.

OOC:
This is Learner using his Epic Tales ability. He will scribe 4 Epic Tales, each one requiring an hour to scribe. For each Epic Tale he expends 6 rounds of his Bardic Performance ability. These particular Epic Tales Inspire Competence. When an Epic Tale is read (full-round action) it grants a +3 competence bonus on Survival checks for the next 5 rounds. Each Epic Tale is created using a supernatural ability. Each Epic Tale will expire after 4 days.

On the fourth day, in the morning before the party mounts up for travel, Learnur produces four scrolls of yellowed parchment and presents one to each of the party members. "These are passages from my previous works. They could come in handy in the next few days, after that the ink fades and they will become illegible. If you read the passage, it will give you a brief insight on all things survival related."

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

Survival: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 (Wow, that's a Goocher)

P.S. Sorry for the meta-gaming. Didn't know we would speed through the first days of travel. If it bothers you, we can change the skill check modified to anything survival related like acrobatics, climb, or swim.

Andoran

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

Aeron keeps to himself during the days, but whenever something comes up he is there to help

survival checks
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

"Favorite Pathfinder in history? Hmmm. Perhaps Escobar Vallian. He was bold in his accomplishments and forthright in his goals. But I've read his works in the early Chronicles, and he never thought that recklessly throwing himself into danger was part of the job. He went to the same places others had gone, but he saw things that no one else had bothered to notice. He made a name for himself being clever, and that's always a good lesson to keep in mind.

"If you mean to ask, who is the favorite Pathfinder I have met, then that would probably be Prince Gorn Greathammer, who has a gift for making everyone welcome. I saw him in action last year as he was part of an entourage into Absolam. Of course, as a Pathfinder, he visited the Great Lodge, which set the Master of Swords on edge, as it were. Master Farabellus had led a mercenary team against Gorn's people back in 4695, and there had been some loss of dwarven life. I was there at the time, and I was expecting that things would be awkward at best. But Prince Gorn made sure that the Master of Swords knew there were no grudges held, and asked only that a plaque honoring the defenders be placed in the north hallway. He turned a tense situation around, while slighting neither his duty as prince of his people nor as a pathfinder."

No ranks in Survival, but Qalaus and Marra keep a lookout from about 20 feet up, if that's helpful.


The stories are fine, your maps showed you at some point the group would leave the trail.
After half a days march through the rolling sands the cool relief of the night is welcome. Camp is made, watches are set, and before long the sounds of the desert wildlife fill the night. The next day Aeron, Learnur, and Jack continue to assure the group that they are following the directions perfectly and the sand is all supposed to look the same.

Around noon the sixth day out of town the group crosses a dune to abruptly find a small oasis. The bright blue water is surrounded by shrubs, trees, boulders, and eight-foot long scorpions. Sensing intruders near their nest the monsters turn towards the smell of hot flesh.

Initiative Rolls:
Aeron 1d20 ⇒ 7
Jack 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27
Learnur 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Qalas 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11 (I have pets and stuff act on their owners initiative)
Theo 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (20) + 11 = 31

giant scorpions 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13


Initiative Order:
[31] Theo
[27] Jack
[24] Learnur
[13] giant scorpions
[11] Qalas
[7] Aeron
Scorpions Nest (map)

With combat, I don't care what order you post in, just that you post each round. At the end of the round (or when appropriate depending on the fight), I'll post a summary of everything that has happened (nearly word for word what you say). Some details might be changed based on location and available targets, but usually not much. After the round summary has posted I'll call for the next round (or rest of the round etc.) For this fight everyone post their actions for the round if things go to crazy after monsters do stuff I might offer the opportunity to change your actions, otherwise I'll try to stick as close to them as possible.

Sample Attack Format:
So an so moves forward drawing their thingy-ma-jig. With a quick slash they attempt to skewer the beast.

So-n-so rapier Power Attack 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17
Damage 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

You should be able to edit a post without affecting the rolls so if you see you do terrible or awesome feel free to go back and change your fluff to reflect your actions. (Just don't assume you hit, or what kind of damage you deal, that's my fun.)


You're all mounted and generally unless mentioned, traveling unarmed. I assume a move action to dismount, drawing your gun as you do? Which in your case still allows you to Vital Strike (though without the far-sight, you can choose to stay mounted [not moving] and make the action you stated with no problem, or lots of ride options). The mounts are combat trained and if dismounted will flee a short distance if they are approached by a creature. However, I leave you mounted cause well...you were literally just riding and some people like to the opportunity to use ride, ;)

Qadira

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus nods at Jack. "We need to check this place, I'm afraid. If the map had our three friends turn here, they may have fallen victims to these scorpions, and we'll need to retrieve their bodies."

Marra maintains her altitude, and moves forward. Qalaus casts slow (DC 18) on the largest clump of scorpions.

According to the Adventurer's Armory, page 27, for each tanglefoot bag used as a power component in a slow spell, the caster may designate one slowed creature as being affected by a tanglefoot bag. That doesn't require a feat or anything, it's just something those components do. Do you follow that rule, Scipion? If so, Qalaus adds three tanglefoot bags into the spell.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5
Mastermind wrote:
You're all mounted and generally unless mentioned, traveling unarmed. I assume a move action to dismount, drawing your gun as you do? Which in your case still allows you to Vital Strike (though without the far-sight, you can choose to stay mounted [not moving] and make the action you stated with no problem, or lots of ride options). The mounts are combat trained and if dismounted will flee a short distance if they are approached by a creature. However, I leave you mounted cause well...you were literally just riding and some people like to the opportunity to use ride, ;)

Sorry about that. I will delete that post and re-post to reflect thae correct info. ;)


Sure, I think one of the Pathfinder Companions brings that rule back, but I can't remember which one. I like the extra material component stuff, a fun way to boost your spells a little.

Oh yeah, I labeled the scorpions. Forgot to change that on your guys map.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Realizing he has little time to make maximum use of Equalizer's sight, Jack calls on his innate ability to fire with great accuracy over long ranges. Cocking himself sideways in his saddle to provide the best perch to fire from, Jack raises his mighty musket to his eye resting a well practiced breathing pattern. The gentle "click-click" of the hammer and lock fill his ears and a calm washes over him. "Gonna drop the one in front of me, boys.", he says as his finger moves from guard to trigger. BOOOMMM! Equalizer roars to life belching flame and smoke from its muzzle.

Musket+Deadeye Deed 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 15 - 2 = 28
DMG + Vital Strike 1d10 + 1 + 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + (7) + 1 = 11


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

I should have realized i was still mounted since it was clearly marked so on the map,haha. Sorry about that. Will pay a little more attention to detail next time.

Andoran

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

uncomfortable fighting on horseback, Aeron will dismount, draw his scythe and move closer to the scorpions (to u14)


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

Theo, itching for battle, and overprepared for it as usual, spurs his horse onward, ending in U/V 13 draws his rapier, and says a brief battle prayer Cast Bless centered on self

Andoran

Learnur will remain mounted.

Move Action: Bardic Performance (Naturalist +2) - Knowledge (Nature) to identify scorpions - Take 10 (Lore Master) = 21

Naturalist:
Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against exceptional, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components.

"Do not fear my friends, these are simply desert scorpions of the monstrous variety. Steel yourself in the face of danger and take care to avoid their stingers. I have no doubt we will all emerge alive and victorious from this chance encounter!"

Standard Action: Learnur will cast vanish and go invisible for 5 rounds.

Mounts Move Action: My horse moves away from the scorpions. Feel free to move my horse anywhere you want on the map it simply stays away from the scorpions.

1 to 50 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Aboleth and "The Rebel's Ransom" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.