Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Team Aboleth and "The Rebel's Ransom"


Play-by-Post

101 to 150 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Free Action: Maintain Bardic Perfomance (Naturalist), Inspire Courage also lasts for this round due to Lingering Performance

"You are correct Theo, these bugs are not too bright but they are fast. Great job slowing them down Qalaus, now lets finish them off!"

Move Action: Store Wand of Mage Armor in Patfinder Pouch

2nd Move Action: Draw rapier

Mounts Standard Action: Learnurs mount takes Full-Defense?

BTW - Naturalist only benefits allies within 30 ft. and I think this is the last round I'm invisible. 5 rounds of Bardic Performance used, 21 rounds remaining.


Learnur Longwind wrote:
BTW - Naturalist only benefits allies within 30 ft. and I think this is the last round I'm invisible. 5 rounds of Bardic Performance used, 21 rounds remaining.

That's weird, since it's a bardic performance based ability. Didn't you say it alway needs visual site as well? I can't seem to find my Seeker of Secrets to check it.

Liberty's Edge

Naturalist (Ex): An archivist who has identified a creature with a Knowledge check appropriate to its type can use performance to share strategies for defeating it with allies in combat. The archivist and any allies within 30 feet gain a +1 insight bonus to AC and on attack rolls and saving throws against exceptional, supernatural, and spell-like abilities used by creatures of that specific kind of monster (e.g., frost giants, not all giants or all humanoids). This bonus increases by +1 at 5th level and every six levels thereafter. This language-dependent ability requires visual and audible components. This ability replaces inspire courage.

Darn, forgot I can't use Naturalist while Invisible. In that case I'll retcon and just maintain Inspire Courage as a free action every round. Sorry guys, I can't believe I pointed that out and then totally forgot.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

The giant predator's face erupts like a moon festival in Tian Xi showering Jack in brilliant red-orange sparks and bits of carapace. Blinking out of sight just after his shot,thanks to the timely intervention of his friend, Longwind, the "Basilisk" dodges the enraged beast frantic attack glad to not be on the ground when the claw digs a furrow as deep as he is tall in the earth.

Seeing this as a chance to remove himself from the precarious position he has been in since the battle started and to take up a postion from which to line up more precise shots on some of the still living monsters, he makes a break for the body of his fallen mount. Snipers often find themselves in less than preferable locales as part of their trade, but Jack is confident this one ranks in his top three. "The steaming,mutilated corpse of a horse in the desert sun and heat cannot be less appealing...,he thinks to himself as he nears the body,"..well I suppose being inside that damned scorpion's digestive tract could be a bit worse, hahaha." Halfing optimism and opportunism seem to know no bounds.

Moving over the sand quickly and with as little disturbance as possible, heeding the warning from Longwind, Jack slips half way into the pony's splayed torso. Ignoring the putird smell of blood, feces, and bile, Jack thinks only of vengence for the poor creature and his broken ribs as he racks another round into Equalizer and takes in the raging battle laid out before him.

Move action to pony,Standard action to reload

Stealth +20 vanish&moving +27 skill 1d20 + 47 ⇒ (3) + 47 = 50


[11] "That'zzzz enough of that!" the eidolon says through her legs. as she bites down and tears off its head.

Qalaus himself turns to see the serious situation to the east. "By all the gods, I won't have a fellow pathfinder killed by a bug. It would be humiliating." He flings a stone from his staff at the scoprion in that direction, but aiming to miss Aeron causes his stone to fly wide.

[7] Aeron carries on slicing at the giant scorpion, "Dam! This thing is tougher than it looks" His determination proves succesful and his second blow finishes the creature.

[31] "Qalaus, if it pleases you, I think I can defeat the rest of these sorry sods." He gestures to the corpses of three scorpions he has slain already, and again to the minor cuts and bruises he received from being struck earlier. "I'd love to rush to the aid of my companions, but I fear I'm not fast enough to be of any good. I do, of course, leave this matter to your discretion"

At his next opportunity, Theo will advance to strike at yet another scorpion, a smile crossing his lips as he sees the beasts have no mind for retreat, even in the face of wholesale slaughter. They're either really brave or really stupid. In a few moments, these last of them won't be in such a state as to be considered either.
His blade finds the sweet spots between the pitiful scorpions armor and makes quick work of it, both strikes rending vital organs.
[27] Moving over the sand quickly and with as little disturbance as possible, heeding the warning from Longwind, Jack slips half way into the pony's splayed torso. Ignoring the putird smell of blood, feces, and bile, Jack thinks only of vengence for the poor creature and his broken ribs as he racks another round into Equalizer and takes in the raging battle laid out before him. Only the scorpion before him still stands.

[24] "You are correct Theo, these bugs are not too bright but they are fast. Great job slowing them down Qalaus, now lets finish them off!"

[13] When Jack vanishes into the pony the scorpion gives up on its slippery prey. There is something much larger and naerby...
Giant scorpion 3 claw 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
Whatever is standing nearby, the scorpion can't quite strike it.

Status:
Aeron bless, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +2 to damage, +2 to saves, +2 to AC)
Jack grappled (-4 dex), prone (-4 ac vs. melee), bless, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +2 to damage, +2 to saves, +2 to AC)
Learnur bless, mage armor, vanish, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +2 to damage, +2 to saves, +6 to AC, invisible for 5 rounds)
Qalas bless, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +2 to damage, +2 to saves, +2 to AC)
---Mara bless, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +2 to damage, +2 to saves, +2 to AC)
Theo bless, IC, naturalist (+5 to attack, +6 to damage, +2 to saves, +4 to AC)

giant scorpion 1 dead
giant scorpion 2 dead

giant scorpion 3 slowed (-1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves)


giant scorpion 4 dead

giant scorpion 5 dead
giant scorpion 6 dead
giant scorpion 7 dead


giant scorpion 8 dead

Scorpion Nest (map)

Shouldn't take much for you guys to finish off this final scorpion...


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"This battle has treated me well, friends, to be carried through safely before it has even ended. Strike this one down, and swiftly. I'll be back with as many of our horses as I can wrangle."

Theo moves off, trekking over the hill with as much speed as he can muster, putting away his rapier as he does this.

deactivate bane and move as far east as possible. If combat ends, continue over to find horses, keeping shield armed until further notice, and then, if the horses don't cooperate, fashioning a lasso from a rope in haversack, attempt to catch.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Seeing the pile dead scorpions laying around Theo, Jack says to himself,"Damn, Equalizer, that fella is making us look bad." Taking full advantage of his hiding spot, Bumpo finds himself in the position he is far more comfortable with. Taking careful aim, Jack places his sight directly between the beast great,emotionless eyes. "This one's for you, little fella.", he whispers into the pony's severed ear which happens to be resting next to his face.

Musket,Standard Round 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (9) + 21 = 30
DMG+Vital Strike 1d10 + 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (9) + (5) + 4 = 18
Sneak attack 3d6 ⇒ (4, 1, 5) = 10
Stealth (Sniping)-10 1d20 + 27 - 10 ⇒ (12) + 27 - 10 = 29

"Chew on this,nasty.", he says as his finger gently squeezes Equalizer's guilded trigger. Equalizer sings with its baretone voice the song countless Hell Knights have heard in performances past. Given the possibilty of an encore, the maestro reloads with practiced grace.

Liberty's Edge

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

Seeing one remaining scorpion Aeron rushes to it and with a graceful motion embeds his scythe into the beast like he did the ones before.

Attack
to hit 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
to wound 2d4 + 20 ⇒ (3, 2) + 20 = 25
vital strike 2d4 ⇒ (3, 3) = 6

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus hurls another stone
Attack 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (18) + 16 = 34
Damage 1d8 + 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + (5) + 3 = 10

"That's a little better." he notes, as the stone hits and the wound sizzles with an acrid plume of smoke. He then hustles over to the rest of the team, ending in U6, or S5 if the sands are considered difficult terrain.

Marra's wings start to buzz as she drops the scorpion husk, and she flies to XY 10-11.There, she attempts to catch the remaining monster in her delicate, lady-like pincer.
Attack 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (7) + 17 = 24
Damage 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 = 9 plus grapple attempt 1d20 + 31 ⇒ (4) + 31 = 35


Is dead.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Easing his cheek from the stock upon seeing the last scorpion ripped to shreds by bullet, sycthe, pincer, and stone, Jack stands up leans on his musket and says,"Damn boys, think we over did it a little bit on that on!", he finishes in a burst of laughter. A quick shot of pain reminds him of how close that bugger came to doing him in. Shouting out across the oasis to his compatriots, Bumpo seeks a status report of how everyone has faired.

"That stinkin' thing nearly snapped me and Equalizer in two. Thanks for the timely intervention there, fellas.Make a note them big scorpionsare fast and really hate being shot, hahaha."

Liberty's Edge

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

Aeron tries to catch his breath quickly, he gives a respectful nod to Jack before going off to find his horse

Liberty's Edge

"Bravo friends, indeed a spectacular melee... Top notch!" The sound of clapping is heard and suddenly the source is revealed as the magic of Learnurs vanish spell fades.

Still mounted and unscathed the young pathfinder sheaths his rapier as he surveys the battlefield. "Is everyone ok? Let us tend to our wounds quickly. You never know, more desert hazards could be waiting right around the next dune!"

Learnur draws a slender white wand made of ashwood from the small leather pathfinder pouch at his waist. "I can heal minor scrapes and bruises if anyone is injured."

"I must say, I'm not much of a skilled combatant when it comes to wielding weapons and such. In fact, my words are my weapons, and I hope they did not fall upon deaf ears this day. I am somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to identifying a creatures strengths and weaknesses, and if I can, I'll point them out to you in battle. Sometimes the mind is sharper than the blade and I fear my swordarm is better served wielding the pen."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Marra sets a friendly claw on Leanur's shoulder "Izzzz alright. We all do our bezzzzt. Yezzzz?"

Qalaus come walking up to the others. "I wouldn't worry about your blade. I imagine it will get plenty of practice before this day is over."

"Let's see whether or not there's any remains of our missing comrades among the scorpions' lair."
Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26

The summoner takes out a red-and-gold striped wand with a series of gold salamanders parading down its length. Some of you might recognize it as one of the healing wands made by Geoppro, a cleric in residence at the Pathfinder Lodge in Absalom. Qalaus looks like he's about to announce something, but stops as he sees the wand that Leanur holds.

Instead, he uses it to heal Marra's single wound.
Cure Light Wounds:
UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 hit points;
UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4 hit points;
UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24 for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7 hit points.


The lair near the oasis is fairly desolate. Scorpion sheddings and the bones of other giant vermin are strewn about, but no sign of humans. If the Pathfinders encountered the scorpions there is little to show for it.

Those who take a moment to look over the map realize that the tomb is about six hours away. At this time of day it coudl likely be reached shortly before nightfall. The ride would be long, and the horses tired, but not overly taxed.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

'Shall we ride, then?"


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

After a few moments of relaxation, celebration, and a brief prayer, Theo pulls out a tankard of ale, and begins gulping it down.

Fort vs. Alcohol 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

A moment after, with a gesture and some mumbling, he touches the scrapes on his ribs, closing the wounds.

Cure Light Wounds on self
1d8 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

That'll bring me to full HP

"Anyone else, then? We should ride out soon, but first I, too, can tend to superficial wounds or somewhat deeper gashes."

Fair amount of cure spells left, of both light and moderate for whoever needs it


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Longwind, firend, I tell ya I appreciate every one of them words you use. If it weren't for you and them words, I might be amongst the scorpion scat. I could use a kind touch. Those beasties were pretty intent on makin' sure today was my last.", Jack says gesturing to his leg and ribs.

"Looks like I'll be needin' to ride along with one you guys from here on out. That fella has seen his last trip."


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

Theo nods to Jack, approaches, and prepares more healing magic.

Cure Moderate Wounds

2d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 3) + 9 = 20

should put you at 48, 9 away from max if I'm not mistaken. I could spend a cure light for a 50% chance to get you to full, or someone could use a wand twice for close to the same odds

"I don't doubt that if you're polite about asking, Mara would carry you."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Qalaus will be happy to heal his fellow halfling's remaining bruises and cuts.

UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27 Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
UMD 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (18) + 18 = 36 Cure Light Wounds 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

"There's still a bruise on your chest there, where the pincer cut through the skin. I could try to heal it up, too, but you don't want to get to the people we're here to rescue looking too pretty."

Marra looks down at Jack dubiously "I can zzzzupport you, Jaaack, if you like, but it would be aaawkward."

Qalaus takes out the wand of mount. "You're welcome to ride along, my honored friend. But I could conjure up a pony for you, if you would prefer. It's not as exciting as riding on Marra's shoulder, but its a little more dependable."

I would imagine it would take 5 or 6 charges?


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"Heh. I suppose I don't have to worry about getting there looking too pretty, even with all my wounds healed."

After a moment of consideration, Theo laughs

"Maybe the magically conjured mount would be best. If I were Jack I wouldn't want to be too close to pincers right now. No offense to Marra, of course."


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Right you are, Ms. Marra, right you are. We might hold off on the magic mounts for now boys. We may need 'em later. I'll ride along with Longwind if he doesn't mind. He ain't too skilled with the steeland I need to keepmy distance to be at my best. So we should make a decent pair.", he says rubbing his chest.

"Qalaus, I'm gonna need to get with some them trader friends ah yers when we get back. I'm need of a couple rare items that would have helpedme out back there." Turning to gather his gear he says to himself,"I'm ever gonna go out without a bayonet and a couple of pistols ever again."

Calling back over his shoulder to the rest of the group,Jack shouts"We find anything that might explain why them scorps were acting so damned viscious?"

Liberty's Edge

"Hop on Jack ol' boy, it would be an honor and a pleasure to have you astride my steed." Learnur says while guiding his horse in the direction of the pint-sized marksman.

It's good to hear he accepts my handicap. Never the less our abilities do compliment one another and from a tactical standpoint having a rifleman watching your back is always a plus.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Thank ya,Friend.", he says grasping Longwind's outstretched hand and swinging up in behind the bard. "I tell ya your words are far more powerful than any sword, good buddy. Now let's give this oasis one last lookin' over an' head out before the pony and the scorpions attract even worse beasties.If there is one thing I know about the wild, it's the fact blood brings 'em out." With that the gunman gives his weapon a quick check,rest it across his lap and grabs hold of Longwind's shirt with the other.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"More powerful than ANY sword, Jack?" asks Theo in a friendly but sarcastic tone, as he cleans the various blood and entrails off his trusty, battle-tested rapier, soon thereafter sheathing it and mounting his steed.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Theo, my friend, I don't believe for a minute that little skewer your holdin' had a thing to do with the pile of bodies layin' over there, hahaha."

Liberty's Edge

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

Aeron returns with his horse, "I think we should move on, we don't want to stay out in the desert at night"


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"You're the most familiar with the desert. Let's ride, then."

"And Jack, you're right. This sword probably didn't have too much to do with it. It was mostly faith, practice, and...far more luck than I care to admit."


After the partie's rest they continue through the desert. When the sun nears the end of its journey to the dunes they reach their destination. Between the ever-rolling dunes of sand is a patch of stone, in the center of which is a ravine, like a crack in the desert floor. Broad, worn stairs lead down into this ravine, at the base of which is an opening, an entrance in the wall of the ravine. There is a host of nine camels, tethered just outside the entrance.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Hey boys, I think we need to do a little recon 'fore we get too close. I'll drop down and move on up to see what we got. Any you boys got any means for me to communicate from up ahead?", he says as he eyes aroute for a stealthy approach.

Stashing his hat in his pack in favor of a sage colored head and face cover which leaves only the bridge of his nose and eyes exposed, he prepares himself for his mission.

I should be able to move ahead under stealth to check this out before the rest of the fellas move up, right?

Liberty's Edge

male human lv2 barbarian (breaker), lv4 ranger (guide), lv 3 fighter (two-handed fighter)

"Well the camels down there seem fine, so we should tie our animals there before we go in and explore the tomb"

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

"Does anyone here have the magic to make conversation with the camels?"

Jack, in the days of travel here, you might have been paying attention to some of Qalaus' tales, about how when negotiating with a cleric of Asmodeus who meant him ill, Qalaus pretended to dismiss Marra, but merely turner her invisible, so that she might surprise the evil man. In another tale of adventure, he'd cloaked a companion archer from the sight of a band of wicked, foolish dwarves, so that she could shoot arrows of lightning at them without their understanding where she was.

If you ask, he'd be happy to cast greter invisibility on you before you go a-scouting.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"I can't communicate with them per se, and that would be more useful in this situation, but I can scan their surface thoughts"

I have seek thoughts, so if there's one or two specific questions you want answered or topics you want info about, say what they are and I'll figure it out.

Liberty's Edge

While Jack does his scouting Learnur does a rough sketch of the entrance to the tomb in his journal, noting in the margin any obvious landmarks or unique features of the area.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"Say Qalaus, didn't you tell me 'bout a fella you made invisible so he shoot some disagreeable gents without being detected. Think you could do the same for me so I can check this place out before we go trompin' into another surprise?",he ask the other wee man.

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

Magicks cloak your reds and greens. Conduct your business all unseen. Qalaus casts improved invisibility on Jack.

Theo, I can summon forth a creature that can use its telepathy in our service. That might do better than your skills at reading surface thoughts.

Marra looks at the halfling. Then I shall becommme a gate?

Qalaus agrees, and Marra discorporates, her otherplanar stuff becoming a mist, out of which steps a bearded devil. He appears ready to fight whatever stands before him. "Okay, pipsqueak. Which of these do I have to kill?"

"There's no killing this time, Jasparitus."

"I should just give them a disease, then, and depart?"

"No disease either. See those camels down yonder? We need you to find out from them how long ago they came here, and what happened to their riders."

"Can I give them a disease?"

"No, just ask them what we would like to know. Oh, but if anybody attacks you while you're doing that, you can kill them."


Jack moves carefully down the ravine beside the devil. There he can see that all of the camels are tied up and in sore need of food and water. Three of the camels are rigged with well made tack and bear the brand of the Pathfinder's frequently used dealer. The other six are shabbier and their tack is mismatched. They clearly belong to two groups.

The camels are terrified of the devil, but he is able to glean from them that three belong to some very nice people. The others showed up shortly afterwards being ridden by some rather rough folk who don't always take the best care of them. They are all very thirsty and would appreciate something to drink and if possible being returned to their stable.

The entrance to the Hall itself is a series of columns leading to a simple stone door that stands open. The columns bear numerous carvings but would require closer inspection. Other than the camels there is no sign of life except a small bloom of blue flowers next to the west wall.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"Ehm. Pardon, Qalaus."

Knowledge: Planes to determine nature of summoned creature

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (5) + 18 = 23

"But was...that a devil? On on average day, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm dedicated to destroying. Why, then, should this be handled any differently?"

Also, I repeatedly create water for the camels while waiting for Jack's return


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Jack reports back to the group with the information he has been able to obtain from his vantage point. "Well boys, we have a pretty direct entrance into this place. All I can see an open stone door and some columns. Pretty standard fair for these parts, I'd reckon. There are some carvings on them things and I should be able get somethin' out of 'em when we get closer. I can go in ahead of you boys and scout it out a little bit more. I did see flowers growing outside the place, which strikes me as a little odd considering the climate."

Possible survival check to identify good/bad nature of the plant?


Jack's Survival check1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

The flowers are rare and thrive in the shadow of the cliff. They are extremely popular among Qadiran merchants.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"No apparent hazards, then? Good. Shall I take point, or would someone else prefer to?"

Noticing the presence of the devil I assume the Barbazu is still here he pauses I...don't trust that one at my back

"Or, better yet, why not...Jasparitus, was it? After all, if he sees something bad, he gets to kill it, and can relay information via telepathy, no?" Not to mention that I'm more comfortable risking it to traps than myself

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11
Theo Aldebrant wrote:
"But was...that a devil? On on average day, that's exactly the sort of thing I'm dedicated to destroying. Why, then, should this be handled any differently?"

"It was, indeed. I am not much fonder of Jasparitus myself. He is a creature of hate and vituperation. But when I bid him come, he does those things as I ask."

Theo wrote:
"why not...Jasparitus, was it? After all, if he sees something bad, he gets to kill it, and can relay information via telepathy, no?"

"Because he doesn not remain on this plane long. Minutes, at most. And if he finds the errant pathfinders ... or those six who came after them ... and they attack him, I do not think I could keep him from returning blow-for-blow."

Qalaus carefully gathers some of those flowers.


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"I see. In that case."

Theo begins to move, slowly, deliberately, into the tomb, taking careful note of his surroundings as he walks.

Making perception checks as necessary and appropriate

If he runs into trouble, he will shout to (or otherwise warn if shouting is unnecessary)any party members somewhat further behind, and if he does not, he will gesture them on.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Am I still invisible?


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

He cast Greater Invisibility, which has a duration of 1 round/level. So even if it hasn't been 45 game-seconds yet, invis will probably be gone very soon.


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Yeah, that spell should be long gone. Just needed to know for next post. Thanks! I have 5 levels of rogue, so if you guys want me out in front as pointman I am happy to do it or I can disable 'em when you find them and provide covering fire from the mid-range. I am also mad stealthy.;)


Male Oread Inquisitor 9

"You may have better eyes than me, Jack, but can you see in the dark? Besides, it's best you keep distant and take your shots at beasts I, or one of our close-combat focused companions pin down."


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

"To be sure, Theo, to be sure. Let's get to findin' these and maybe a trinket or two. Hopefully those other gents,or anything else for that matter,haven't done 'em in yet."

The Exchange

Male Halfling Summoner 11

On the way in, Qalaus carefully examines the "other" six camels, to dee if there are any clues about our company's identities or abilities. (Anything from identifying property left behind, to a uniquely Qadiran style of tying camel reins...)

Perception:1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Human Gunslinger 1: AC 16, HP12, Init. 10, [Fort] 4, [Ref] 6, [Will] 3 Melee +1, Range +5

Upon reaching the cloumns, Jack will uses his knowledge of ancient Orision to see if the markings on the structures mean anything to him. Hoing they will give some insight as to what they are about to get themselves into, Jack looks closely at the markings pouring over all he has learned at the university.

101 to 150 of 199 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Team Aboleth and "The Rebel's Ransom" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.