Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Zyren's luxurious campfire... this time with marshmallows...


Play-by-Post Discussion

7,701 to 7,750 of 10,939 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I know a few people they'd make a fun gift for though...

Christmas - DONE.


great video though : )

does everyone still have sticking new post tickers?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

They clear if you click on the thread (Gameplay, Discussion, etc.) instead of the (x-new) link.


Tumbleweed day much?

/pokepoke


Male Pale Master

I always think of this when I see or hear the word 'poke'

note - you get to make a choice at the end.


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

We don't have to poke.

**KICK**


Poke, haha. That just seems like you are going to load your friends profile on to a Russian porn enthusiast site, lol.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

terror Thrusday - updates tomorrow


Are you suffering mission creep from Manic Mondays?


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

managed some very short updates.


@Shifty, do you ever hit auto swap meets or salvage yards? I just got my '68 Falcon w/200 c.i. 6 and the Aussie head for this motor is a popular upgrade. I you ever happen to see one, would you check a price on the thing for me?


Dungeon Master

Tark, thanks for the review of Celestra's spell list. She made some changes at your suggestion.


Youo read for some snow, Harp? It looked like you might be getting some the last time I watched the news.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

As an aside: It's freaky that someone would just disappear for 2 weeks from a one/day posting expectation game without a word of what's going on.

Hope the Shady_Motives behind the 'puter is okay.

p.s. If he has no real reason, then I hope a butterfly beats the snot out of him :)


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Xenh wrote:

As an aside: It's freaky that someone would just disappear for 2 weeks from a one/day posting expectation game without a word of what's going on.

Hope the Shady_Motives behind the 'puter is okay.

p.s. If he has no real reason, then I hope a butterfly beats the snot out of him :)

That is why many of my parties are starting to look the same. I get tired of untested players starting a campaign and then just going silent. If you need to take time off, fine, tell someone and take your time. But, if you just disappear it is very frustrating. Thus, when I need replacements, I go for the dozen + people who I have experience with who I am pretty sure are not going to suddenly go AWOL.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
Tirion Jörðhár wrote:
That is why many of my parties are starting to look the same. I get tired of untested players starting a campaign and then just going silent. If you need to take time off, fine, tell someone and take your time. But, if you just disappear it is very frustrating. Thus, when I need replacements, I go for the dozen + people who I have experience with who I am pretty sure are not going to suddenly go AWOL.

In a game I was running my most voracious poster was solid for 2 years. We would chat off and on via Gmail Chat every day and one day he simply disappeared. I'll admit to being worried, but what are you going to do (without donning your stalker panties).

14 months later he shows up with a lengthy list of the whys to explain his departure, promises that they are behind him and wants back in.

I let him. As I say he was my most voracious poster.

Fast forward 2 months finds him disappeared without a trace again.

<le sigh>


Dungeon Master

Two years as a voracious poster is a long time. Were the reasons for his departure significant? He wasn't kidnapped and taken to a remote hut with no internet access was he?


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Two years as a voracious poster is a long time. Were the reasons for his departure significant? He wasn't kidnapped and taken to a remote hut with no internet access was he?

I think I stopped paying attention at about the 8th excuse.

My frustration was not that he disappeared, sometimes life gets in the way, but that at no point in that time did he take out 2 minutes to touch base and let everyone know that he was alright (everyone and their dog seem to have a smartphone now, not to mention libraries, friend's computers....the list goes on and on).

It just was not important I guess.

Cheliax

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Hagspawn Witch 13/Souldrinker 2

I try to generally let people know when I am disappearing. I vanish monthly for Larp, but other than that if things come up I will post or contact someone I know (like Bree) to post on my behalf. It's a shame when you make good digital friends on here that just go poof sometimes.


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress

Any "Path of" games have openings?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Bilbo Bang-Bang wrote:
@Shifty, do you ever hit auto swap meets or salvage yards? I just got my '68 Falcon w/200 c.i. 6 and the Aussie head for this motor is a popular upgrade. I you ever happen to see one, would you check a price on the thing for me?

Not as often as I would like.

I used to spend a lot of time picking up bits for my 87 Camaro, but now it's pretty much 'done'. That being said, get on the australian Ford forums etc, most of the car enthusiasts here are pretty caring sharing types that do it for the love, and hence picking up parts is usually pretty easy and for very very reasonable prices. I managed to get loads of stuff 'free to good home', even whole cars.

Ironically, a lot of well loved US Muscle cars find there way back to the US from Australia; a lot of the Trans-Ams/Camaros/'vettes ended up exported back, apparently our climate meant less corrosion and rust, hence some good examples have been well preserved. No rust in my 87!

http://www.fordforums.com.au/


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Xenh wrote:
DM Harpwizard wrote:
Two years as a voracious poster is a long time. Were the reasons for his departure significant? He wasn't kidnapped and taken to a remote hut with no internet access was he?

I think I stopped paying attention at about the 8th excuse.

My frustration was not that he disappeared, sometimes life gets in the way, but that at no point in that time did he take out 2 minutes to touch base and let everyone know that he was alright (everyone and their dog seem to have a smartphone now, not to mention libraries, friend's computers....the list goes on and on).

It just was not important I guess.

Yeh - I had a similar experience. Not as long though. Great poster. Joined his campaign which went for like 2 months, then he announced that school had become too much. Three months later he reappears and says that he got everything sorted out. Starts a Way of the Wicked campaign - something I REALLY want to join - and then three weeks later announces that it is just too much and shuts the thing down. At least the second time, he told us why.

In a similar way, I had one player who was a great poster in my Kingmaker campaign. When we needed a replacement in DMHW's Elsir Vale campaign, I invited him. He remained a great poster for about a month and then just disappeared off the boards entirely. No good bye, no reason, just gone.
_______________

Thinking of which - does anyone want to DM a bunch of evil do-no-gooders in WotW? We have a party of 6 or seven and most seem to be pretty good posters. Unfortunately as I mentioned, our DM up and left.


Dungeon Master

I cannot Tirion. I have trouble keeping up with the posting I have, especially with the frequency with which I like to post. I would not dare add another campaign to run.


Not sure I could ever bring myself to running a PBP full blown AP. I'm pushy enough as a player in driving things along, as a GM I'd get annoyed if the thing wasn't going at a breakneck pace :P


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
Tirion Jörðhár wrote:
Thinking of which - does anyone want to DM a bunch of evil do-no-gooders in WotW? We have a party of 6 or seven and most seem to be pretty good posters. Unfortunately as I mentioned, our DM up and left.

I have this weird allergy to pregen modules, or I'd consider it :)

Then again if you can get me a good DM for EverQuest out of the deal I'll not only run it, but I'll do so in a french maid costume.

(waves feather duster while his stockings ride up into the great unknown)


For those that have tired of hearing about EverQuest, I have made thee cookies...

Spoiler:
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!!!!!!!


Coughs a little while straightening tie and clearing throat. Hehehe.


I used to have an allergy to pregen, I got better though...!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

As a DM I both like and loathe pregens...


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

the (x) new thing is still broken, eh?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)
Zyren Zemerys wrote:
the (x) new thing is still broken, eh?

Yep, seems so. I posted an updated comment on the Tuesday Update which appears to be where the admin Gary Teter seems to be posting comments about the updates.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

why does my newest campaign not show up in my campaigns list? Anything else besides openening the thread needed to get it listed?


Male Gnome Sorcerer/9 - (HP: 46/46 - AC19;FF16;T17 - F+5;R+6;W+7 - Init+9 - Per+11)

Dunno - post this in the thread I cited above as a problem. The admins seem to be trying to fix things as fast as they can.


I may play mini cavaliers from here on out. My 5th level halfling riding a wolf has dropped a worg almost every round we have been engaged. Last round was a crit, this round it was a charge,challenge, spirited charge,power attack. So much fun out of a little body. She is based on Red Riding Hood and may be one of my favorite concepts in a long time. Perfect for the Ravenloft module we are running.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

You're crazy...:)


This is true in a semi-literal sense, lol.


DMZ,am I good to purchase that superior quality shield at creation for Stoutanvil?


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

Superior items are ten times as costly as the normal versions.
A superior shield would add one white die to block maneouvres.

Can you check how much a shield is - don't have the book at hand.


It should cost 1g. A round shield is 25 silver and 10 times that cost is 250 silver= 1g.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

keke


It is open to be a plot item to be used as you see fit,Z. If it lost he can become a Slayer in the future, if not he will move toward a Ironbreaker and glory.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

I have an ironbreaker in my rl group...crazy tank


They are a pretty cool career. I was happy to see them in this version. I want to play miner one of these days. Not sure why, lol.


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

It's a bit like the human commoner I guess :)

Cool is that so many dwarven careers have several stages:

ironbreaker
runesmith
slayer
engineer
thane

etc.

It is useful when advancing and also adds a lot of fluff


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

I forgot to mention that we have a new campaign in our family "Heart of Ruin" and while there are some familar faces (Mark, Fey, Bilbo) we also have two new people in our midst!


Hello Hello :)

Nice and cozy in here :D


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
Spazmodeus wrote:

Hello Hello :)

Nice and cozy in here :D

/wave

<shares a marshmallow and shares the dirt on everyone>

(whispers)"Seriously, a sheep wearing ruby red lipstick and a quart of duck butter...."(whispers)


Divine Gamemaster of the Abyss and below...

marshmallows are a definite must!


Hello, sorry for the late arrival, I'm also a new entry here, just posted in the game thread.

Be busy again for a few hours will check again tonight and often tomorrow.

The links to the various threads also just appeared for me.

Thanks,
Veshly


Angels bleed from the tainted touch of my caress
Veshly wrote:

Hello, sorry for the late arrival, I'm also a new entry here, just posted in the game thread.

Be busy again for a few hours will check again tonight and often tomorrow.

The links to the various threads also just appeared for me.

Thanks,
Veshly

Welcome Veshly

/curtsey

<starts a rumour about Spazmodeus>

7,701 to 7,750 of 10,939 << first < prev | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | 160 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post Discussion / Zyren's luxurious campfire... this time with marshmallows... All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.