Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Transformers: Dark of the Moon ... are you as excited / afraid as I am? [SPOILERS]


Movies

1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

On one hand, the movies have been good, Michael-Bayed but still enjoyable. The trailer for Transformers:DotM contains lots of explosions, but also lots of drama between the Autobots and Humans, who already have some unstable elements within their alliance to begin with, mostly on the Human side where the usual beauracratic nonsense is hard at work defending their pensions, er, America.

The clip includes a giant worm-like transformer chewing through a building with Sam Witwickey and the new long-limbed love-interest inside, and ancient Cybertronian warships pounding the ever-living crap out of Chicago (I think) while Optimus Prime displays his dual-wielding skills once again with what looks like the remains of Jet-Fire once more.

Part of me, the eternal nerd and transformers fan-boy, is Squeeeeeeeing harder than a schoolbus full of Michael Bieber fans, but the rest of me is trudging through a sea of doubt and loathing at the thought of the plot following the route of Movie Two, ie explosions everywhere and 'AMERICA SAVES THE WORLD BABY!', rather than Move One, where the interplay between the characters, both CGI and Normal, was as much a part of the movie as the overly shiny fight-scenes.

Also, Laserbeak and Shockwave. *SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!*


I'm all for it. I thought the second movie was horrible, but I also feel that Michael Bay was unfairly targetted as the sole reason why it was bad when it there was a whole host of reasons, including him not speaking up early enough, or stepping out when things started going south(although he could have been stuck by a contract). I'm interested, but far too jaded to be optimistic- the second movie really was that bad.


I want to know how the second movie got passed the studio censor crew. That offended me on so many levels this from a guy who just went as watched Your Highness.

Mistake #1 was bringing Michael Bay on to the project in the first place. Although there is equal blame to be placed in the writers and producers. It's like watching Bat-nipples and Arnold Freeze.

I will not be seeing it in theaters. I highly doubt I'll even rent the video. I may suffer it if it gets a network TV airing or is ad supported on Hulu or something.

Even the Fox for Kids butchered Robots in Disguise was better.

They had me grudgingly with #1 (could have used more robot focus and less human level). #2... In a word, balls, nothing but. I'm done with giving BayFormers any leeway.

Shadow Lodge

I liked both the movies pretty well, but I will probably be deployed when this one comes out, so not likely to see it in the theaters.

Taldor

I loved #1, didn't even learn it was a Micheal Bay film till after. I thought #1 did just about everything right. #2 However had soooooo many terrible issues, It was enjoyable as spectacle much in the way of Avatar, but just like avatar pretty imagery + crappy story = pretty crappy, but hopefully 3 captures the fun and wonder of one without the terribly stupid plot holes/story of two.


I won't even illegally download the film

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Knoq Nixoy wrote:
I won't even illegally download the film

LOL! same here. The first two have really disappointed me. I can't believe Steven Spielberg is even involved with these turd balls.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber

Seen the first two films and for the life of me I can't work out why. Awful on every conceivable level.

You wouldn't get me to watch the third one if you put a gun to my head.


I am not the Xformer guru you guys are; but I liked both movies, though the first was better than the second. When you kill off all the main bad guys; hard to do a second movie. Was dissappointed Megatron never became a pistol. Maybe there is a pistol under the wreck of megagron that is megatron on the first one; that would be SO Hollywood.

Of course I will see the third one. I still have hopes for Devastator. Hehe if they distroy Chi town; maybe Megaplex will come to town and tranform into Chicago; hehe that would be cool. Very cool.


HalfOrcHeavyMetal wrote:
Michael Bieber

Please tell me you mean Justin Bieber and just confused him with Michael Bay or something. I don't think I could stand more Biebers around.

Anyway, another Transformer film.

I'll watch it as soon as someone else has watched it and told me that there were no robots with dumb accents, no robot junk jokes, and no robots telling other robots to get off their robo-lawn.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Liked the first one.
Second one had too much toilet humor for me. I wanted Transformers, not American Pie with explosions.

Not sure what to expect on the 3rd, but will most likely see it.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

When I saw the full trailer, I went, "Ooh, Lazerbeak!"

I'll likely see it. But I'll also be curious about the reviews. I went to see Revenge of the Fallen despite such rotten reviews, but at least it set my expectations.

Shadow Lodge

Valegrim wrote:
Of course I will see the third one. I still have hopes for Devastator. Hehe if they distroy Chi town; maybe Megaplex will come to town and tranform into Chicago; hehe that would be cool. Very cool.

Devastator was in the second film.


As with the majority here I subscribe to the "first was good, second was meh" opinion. I'd like to see the third one, but not so much that I'll pay for a movie ticket. I'll wait for this on Netflix and go see a movie that I do want to see in the theaters.


If they would just get rid of the human characters and storylines the movie would 100x better. When I see a movie called Transformers I would expect to see a movie about transformers not about a bunch of humans that barley interact with transformers.


Xabulba wrote:
If they would just get rid of the human characters and storylines the movie would 100x better. When I see a movie called Transformers I would expect to see a movie about transformers not about a bunch of humans that barley interact with transformers.

The original series had Spike and Daniel, but they were pretty minor characters. On the whole I agree with you.

Honestly, if they'd just do a live action remake of the '89 movie, I'd cream my optimus prime underroos.


Rathendar wrote:

Liked the first one.

Second one had too much toilet humor for me. I wanted Transformers, not American Pie with explosions.

Not sure what to expect on the 3rd, but will most likely see it.

+1 on everything Rathendar said...

When I go see a Transformers movie, I want to be awed; I don't want to have the film to try and make me laugh.

Ultradan


was he; I just didnt remember; I do remember I bought all the destructicons for my brother that tranformed into Devestator

what is his status; is he still kicking?

Beckett wrote:
Valegrim wrote:
Of course I will see the third one. I still have hopes for Devastator. Hehe if they distroy Chi town; maybe Megaplex will come to town and tranform into Chicago; hehe that would be cool. Very cool.
Devastator was in the second film.


Doomed Hero wrote:
Xabulba wrote:
If they would just get rid of the human characters and storylines the movie would 100x better. When I see a movie called Transformers I would expect to see a movie about transformers not about a bunch of humans that barley interact with transformers.
The original series had Spike and Daniel, but they were pretty minor characters. On the whole I agree with you...

Unless the story is entirely on Cybertron, I'd leave the humans in it. They're a way for newcommer fans to learn about what's going on from a human point-of-view (like having an NPC steering the PC group in the right direction). Although I would agree to have them be more in the background as the story/movies go on.

Ultradan


yeah, I am with you guys, but like any guy; i like hot chick scenes. It would be interesting to see a Tranformers movie from their point of view; be a bit harder to write and reach the audience. Take a special writer to pull it off.

Andoran

Why am I not surprised that the government was hiding stuff from the Autobots? Typical that they were demanding technology from them in 2 but not telling them about the super-ultra-top secret tech that we stole from them on the moon.


Ultradan wrote:


When I go see a Transformers movie, I want to be awed; I don't want to have the film to try and make me laugh.

I like my action films with a certain amount of humour. Action film humour.

However, the stuff from Transformers doesn't qualify because that wasn't funny.


No, I am definitely nowhere near as excited as the OP.

The first two movies were unwatchable garbage, AFAIC. I have no reason to believe the 3rd won't be the same.

And Bay really is as terrible as he's made out to be.


Arnwyn wrote:

No, I am definitely nowhere near as excited as the OP.

The first two movies were unwatchable garbage, AFAIC. I have no reason to believe the 3rd won't be the same.

And Bay really is as terrible as he's made out to be.

Unfortunate that we disagree on this.

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Arnwyn wrote:
The first two movies were unwatchable garbage, AFAIC. I have no reason to believe the 3rd won't be the same.

This.

It's always a constant maelstrom of what Bay likes to call "action" but really just some teenage animator's dare to break the computer's hard drive with as many pieces of crap flying in the screen per second.

Cheliax

I'm a HUGE Transformers fan (of the franchise as a whole).

The 86 cartoon movie is still the best Transformers movie.

Mike Bay makes "Giant Robots make things go boom"

That said I intend on seeing the midnight showing, like I have the 2 previous ones.

Scared its gonna suck? Not really. At worst it'll be an action packed popcorn flick.

High hopes? Nope. Bay killed those years ago.


I went and rented the first Michael Bay Transformer movie, but didn't get to watch it as there was a mess up with the copy of the disc I got. It seems that copy I received had a US Army recruitment film on it instead of the movie I wanted to watch. I haven't had the inclination to try again. Maybe my public library will have a copy I can try.

Cheliax

I hold out enough hope that I will go and see it. I was not going to but after Michael Bay apologized for Revenge of the Fallen, I feel like I should at least give it a try.


David Fryer wrote:
I hold out enough hope that I will go and see it. I was not going to but after Michael Bay apologized for Revenge of the Fallen, I feel like I should at least give it a try.

When did he apologize for RotF? What did he say exactly?


Well so far both movies have been miles better than that cartoon from the 80's and the equally awful cartoon movie so I'd imagine the third movie should be quite enjoyable.


PsychoticWarrior wrote:
Well so far both movies have been miles better than that cartoon from the 80's and the equally awful cartoon movie so I'd imagine the third movie should be quite enjoyable.

8O


Valegrim wrote:

was he; I just didnt remember; I do remember I bought all the destructicons for my brother that tranformed into Devestator

what is his status; is he still kicking?

Beckett wrote:
Valegrim wrote:
Of course I will see the third one. I still have hopes for Devastator. Hehe if they distroy Chi town; maybe Megaplex will come to town and tranform into Chicago; hehe that would be cool. Very cool.
Devastator was in the second film.

He was shot by the humans nifty ship mounted rail gun... which I think was over the horizon line so I'm still trying to work that one out.

Ya he was the big thing with the clanky crane balls that tried to eat the small offensive stereotypes... But failed.

Actually that's another pisser, if you go back they use the same models for the Deceptions chasing Sam through the ruins, as are used by Construcicons that formed Devastator. Yes, the second movie really was THAT bad!

Taldor

Dorje Sylas wrote:
Valegrim wrote:

was he; I just didnt remember; I do remember I bought all the destructicons for my brother that tranformed into Devestator

what is his status; is he still kicking?

Beckett wrote:
Valegrim wrote:
Of course I will see the third one. I still have hopes for Devastator. Hehe if they distroy Chi town; maybe Megaplex will come to town and tranform into Chicago; hehe that would be cool. Very cool.
Devastator was in the second film.

He was shot by the humans nifty ship mounted rail gun... which I think was over the horizon line so I'm still trying to work that one out.

Ya he was the big thing with the clanky crane balls that tried to eat the small offensive stereotypes... But failed.

Actually that's another pisser, if you go back they use the same models for the Deceptions chasing Sam through the ruins, as are used by Construcicons that formed Devastator. Yes, the second movie really was THAT bad!

You'll have to forgive me I only saw it once (at the release) but couldn't it have been the constructicons chasing him who then go over to the pyramid and link up?

RPG Superstar 2009 Top 32, 2010 Top 8

Is it bad that I a) Like Transformers Prime and b) Think Ratchet and Breakdown are great? (I want a Ratchet for my desk. But then I want a Crabby the Crab Boat for my desk too).


Matthew Morris wrote:
Is it bad that I a) Like Transformers Prime and b) Think Ratchet and Breakdown are great? (I want a Ratchet for my desk. But then I want a Crabby the Crab Boat for my desk too).

oh hells no. Prime is nice, i am slowly catching up on episodes. The cast could be extended/expanded, imo.


Purple Dragon Knight wrote:
dare to break the computer's hard drive with as many pieces of crap flying in the screen per second.

How could you break a hard drive with flying pieces of crap flying in the screen?

Because I had some great amounts of things flying on my screen on many occasions, and the hard drive never as much as complained. Flying pieces of crap probably never reach the hard drive, anyway.

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
KaeYoss wrote:
Purple Dragon Knight wrote:
dare to break the computer's hard drive with as many pieces of crap flying in the screen per second.

How could you break a hard drive with flying pieces of crap flying in the screen?

Because I had some great amounts of things flying on my screen on many occasions, and the hard drive never as much as complained. Flying pieces of crap probably never reach the hard drive, anyway.

If our eyes are bleeding, there's a hard drive crying somewhere, I tell you...


Purple Dragon Knight wrote:
KaeYoss wrote:
Purple Dragon Knight wrote:
dare to break the computer's hard drive with as many pieces of crap flying in the screen per second.

How could you break a hard drive with flying pieces of crap flying in the screen?

Because I had some great amounts of things flying on my screen on many occasions, and the hard drive never as much as complained. Flying pieces of crap probably never reach the hard drive, anyway.

If our eyes are bleeding, there's a hard drive crying somewhere, I tell you...

Nope, hard drives are sadists.

Qadira

The first one was just okay. The second was a travesty. I think I'm done with Transformers movies, thanks.

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'll wait to see it on Netflix.


Thought #1 was good, hated #2, hate Bay, #3??? I'll wait until others see it.

Btw, Devastator should have totally killed that little ghetto robot in #2! WTF...


lastknightleft wrote:
You'll have to forgive me I only saw it once (at the release) but couldn't it have been the constructicons chasing him who then go over to the pyramid and link up?

I'd have to review the copy I unfortunately got as a gift (sometimes it's better to ask....). From the two times I saw it the timing was off for that to be the case. Sam was getting chased through the ruins while the bad stereotypes were taking on Devastator.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Matthew Morris wrote:
Is it bad that I a) Like Transformers Prime and b) Think Ratchet and Breakdown are great?

+1!

I am also enjoying G.I. Joe Renagades

Shadow Lodge

Lazaro wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Is it bad that I a) Like Transformers Prime and b) Think Ratchet and Breakdown are great?

+1!

I am also enjoying G.I. Joe Renagades

Sometimes some people just assume they are part of an elite few. Best just to ignore them and like what you like rather than what someone tells you to like.

:)


Lazaro wrote:
Matthew Morris wrote:
Is it bad that I a) Like Transformers Prime and b) Think Ratchet and Breakdown are great?

+1!

I am also enjoying G.I. Joe Renagades

+1000!!

I'm SO enjoying GI Joe as well! Seems like every pisode they give us a "wink" to the old series. It's serious (I mean for a cartoon, not to much goofy stuff), and NO KIDS in it!! :D

I just hope they don't pull the plug after only one season... I want to see them in action as real JOEs.

Ultradan


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Just seen it now...

Ugh... Where do I start?

Note to Michael Bay and the whole writting staff: Guys, you're all complete morons. After the second movie, we'd think you'd get the hint... No more funny stuff (or a lot less of it)! Remove the two dumb robots!! Stop trying to make us laugh!!!

Lol, they removed the two dumb robots and replaced them by two other dumb robots! I'm just floored. And WHY, OH DEAR LORD WHY, must they feel the need to INVENT new, totally boring, plain vanilla autobots and decepticons when you have THIRTY YEARS of Transformers history filled with totally awesome heroes/villains to choose from. It would be like making a world war two movie but dressing all the soldiers in clown suits, just to make it different. I wanna cry.

Visually though, stunning. Great action. The movie just flies by, as it is still very fun to watch. But man, the makers of these films just have no clue!

A 5.5 outta 10...

Ultradan


First off, the animated Transformers movie is one of my all time favorite movies ever. Absolutely loved it as a child, and still to this day love that movie. The garbage that Bay put out called Transformers butchered my childhood, i could not stand that movie. Said i would never watch the second movie, but once when i was donating plasma, they had it showing there, and i could not believe he did a worse job with the second one. Honestly did not think a worse movie could be made then his first attempt, but he proved me wrong.

So, will not watch the third one, unless i am forced to again, when donating or otherwise.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I was shocked that there were pot brownie and sex jokes in part 2 a movie many children would be eager to see. Thank goodness I only caught it on cable. The 45 min slow-mo explosion run fest would have killed me in a theater. And the Jar-Jar Binx twin robots... seriously? I can wait for the third installment; Possibly forever.

I do have one very funny off topic story I would like to tell however. I was playing a game of Battlestar Galactica by Fantasy Flight. A truly epic boardgame! 5 players and the two cylons decided to reveal themselves back to back sending the admiral and the president to the brig. That left my character Dr Baltar as both president and admiral. When my turn came up I kept saying loudly, to much annoyance, "One man....all alone..." I love John Turturro :)

Taldor

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Thanks for saving me the trouble Ultradan. I also got off the bandwagon after I saw the second one sucked too... Money is hard earned these days and there's no way I'm seeing this one... even for free I think, as time is money... increasingly so...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

If anyone is still considering going to see Transformers 3, I offer this "faq/review" (spoilers, NSFW language).

Congratulations Bay, you remain securely at the top spot of my Nerd Hate list {mixes up a cocktail of lemony-lime Spite with Freehold's Hateraid MaxXx}

1 to 50 of 133 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Gamer Life / Movies / Transformers: Dark of the Moon ... are you as excited / afraid as I am? [SPOILERS] All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.