Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Question about about buying pdf


Customer Service


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum but i have to ask this:
If i buy a .pdf (let's say ultimate magic when it is available) and then, at a later time, an errata comes out, do i get a new pdf with the errata included or do i have to buy again the .pdf?
Thank you.

Taldor

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Card Game Subscriber
leo1925 wrote:

I am not sure if this is the right sub-forum but i have to ask this:

If i buy a .pdf (let's say ultimate magic when it is available) and then, at a later time, an errata comes out, do i get a new pdf with the errata included or do i have to buy again the .pdf?
Thank you.

Paizo generally makes the most updated version of a PDF available in your downloads once you have access to it. When errata comes out, they put the new file in place of the older file for downloads.

They email all the customers who purchased the PDF as well to let them know that a new version is up and available too.

Paizo Employee Sales Imp

What he said---------^

:)


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Thank you.

Paizo Employee Customer Service Dire Care Bear Manager

I keep meaning to get this added to the FAQ...


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Sara Marie wrote:

I keep meaning to get this added to the FAQ...

I think that it would be a good addition to the FAQ.

Another question, can i pay for .pdf with a pre-paid card? (i am in EU and that means no paypal debit card)


leo1925 wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:

I keep meaning to get this added to the FAQ...

I think that it would be a good addition to the FAQ.

Another question, can i pay for .pdf with a pre-paid card? (i am in EU and that means no paypal debit card)

I've done it before so it shouldn't be a problem.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
ThatEvilGuy wrote:
leo1925 wrote:
Sara Marie wrote:

I keep meaning to get this added to the FAQ...

I think that it would be a good addition to the FAQ.

Another question, can i pay for .pdf with a pre-paid card? (i am in EU and that means no paypal debit card)

I've done it before so it shouldn't be a problem.

Thank you.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I just bought faiths of purity with a pre-paid card, it worked just fine.

Osirion

Paizo Superscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I have a question.
Some third party source books have a print version and a PDF version. Sometimes when I buy the print version I get the PDF with it, but other times I do not. Is this a Paizo web-site problem, or is it the third party publisher forcing people to pay for both?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Charles Scholz wrote:

I have a question.

Some third party source books have a print version and a PDF version. Sometimes when I buy the print version I get the PDF with it, but other times I do not. Is this a Paizo web-site problem, or is it the third party publisher forcing people to pay for both?

Print/PDF is only for Paizo subscriptions or bundles set up by the specific publishers.


Andrew Betts wrote:
Charles Scholz wrote:

I have a question.

Some third party source books have a print version and a PDF version. Sometimes when I buy the print version I get the PDF with it, but other times I do not. Is this a Paizo web-site problem, or is it the third party publisher forcing people to pay for both?
Print/PDF is only for Paizo subscriptions or bundles set up by the specific publishers.

to expand on this a little...

Will Paizo be offering bundle sets on their subscriptions in the future that includes the print and PDF?

I ask because I canceled all my subscriptions (adventure path, companions and modules) except the roleplaying game sub. My reason for subscribing is because I travel alot when roleplaying and the PDFs where more valuable to me than the print editions however the collector in me likes to display complete sets on my shelves :). I canceled due to moving house and taking on a larger mortgage but am coming close to be in a position to resubscribe to one or two more.

It would be great if pazio offered 1 year, 6 month, or 1 quarter deals on subscription back orders that included print and PDFs. it would be even beter if they offered 5+ back orders of your choice with PDFs because then I could resubscribe without worrying about doubling up.

I wouldnt even mind paying a little extra on the print version say 1 or 2 dollars if it included the PDF.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Modules, Pawns, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
Quijenoth wrote:

to expand on this a little...

Will Paizo be offering bundle sets on their subscriptions in the future that includes the print and PDF?

I ask because I canceled all my subscriptions (adventure path, companions and modules) except the roleplaying game sub. My reason for subscribing is because I travel alot when roleplaying and the PDFs where more valuable to me than the print editions however the collector in me likes to display complete sets on my shelves :). I canceled due to moving house and taking on a larger mortgage but am coming close to be in a position to resubscribe to one or two more.

It would be great if pazio offered 1 year, 6 month, or 1 quarter deals on subscription back orders that included print and PDFs. it would be even beter if they offered 5+ back orders of your choice with PDFs because then I could resubscribe without worrying about doubling up.

I wouldnt even mind paying a little extra on the print version say 1 or 2 dollars if it included the PDF.

Paizo has, in the past, stated that something like this will not happen, or is extremely unlikely, as they wish to preserve the subscriber benefits, and feel that such offers would undermine those that have supported them via the subscriber program.

I'd like to see some deal offered to subscribers to pick up back catalog PDFs for a better deal than the Pathfinder Advantage, but unfortunately, I don't see that happening.


Now yo mention it i do recall something being said about that.

Its a shame they dont offer a unique deal, say "buy print version and get 75% off matching PDF." I think alot of people would buy into this. right now I couldnt warrent paying say $33.98 for the rival guide at only 64 pages.


Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Quijenoth wrote:

right now I couldnt warrent paying say $33.98 for the rival guide at only 64 pages.

Actually, *right now*, you could get the rival guide + PDF for $19.99 plus shipping, if you subscribed to the Campaign Setting line. It's the current volume and a valid start-subscription option.

Paizo / Messageboards / paizo.com / Customer Service / Question about about buying pdf All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.