Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Jörmungandr's Kingmaker - IC


Play-by-Post

451 to 500 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel shakes his head.
"Nuh'no, one bounty's as guh'good as another to me. And it duh'doesn't conflict with our goals. Yuh'You've got a deal, Lord Theodric."

"No offense, Simon. I don't think Erastil would muh'mind too much, if it makes the Gruh'Greenbelt safer in the process..."


Lord Theodric seems to take your stutter in stride Good to hear. As I told your companion I will make arrangements with Oleg once I have returned to Restov before heading back to my city. Considering your mission I will send my man Vor to talk with you. He may be able to help fill in some blanks on what we found while hunting. with out another word he turns from the group and moves back into the hut.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

Once Lord Theodric is inside and the door shut once again, Krebak mutters: "Imagine that, a nobleman who's actually useful."


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

Useful ? For helping people understand the plus of the andoran revolution ? Or do you really intend to do this quest for him ?


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

"Well, if the offer is there, why not? When you wander around in the wilderness, things will try to eat you. If one of those things happens to be a tatzlwyrm, we're probably going to kill it anyway. If some nobleman wants to fatten my purse to mount its ugly head on his wall, I'm not going to complain."


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

There are other things than money in life .


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

"Yes, there are. You'd be surprised how many of them cost money." Krebak gives Simon a toothy grin.


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

Clearly Simon is not amused


Simon Bornen wrote:
There are other things than money in life .

"True!" Nefi squeeks wanting to add herself into the conversation. "There's alchemy! Discovering strange new concotions both healing and damaging, finding new types of poisons to be made, making a highly concentraited acid to burn through metal..." she carries one for a few moments listing off many different discovers that can be found and her obvious excitement at the prospect of alchemy. It's almost as if she's forgotten she was talking to anyone. "Money is something we would need to help equip ourselves, however as Pravel said, it helps with our goal to tame this land and it's not like we're doing something immoral."

She shrugs her shoulders as she thinks for a moment, hoping to come up with something that might help calm the tensions, but she instead starts collecting samples from any nearby interesting looking natural plant-life she can hope to either make a potion or poison out of.


As Simon and Krebak quiet leaving only intense looks and uncomfortable silence between two Vor exits the hut and approaches Simon and Krebak unfazed by the drama he begins to speak Is their a experienced cartographer in your group that I can speak to my Lord has asked me to give what information I have in regards to the terrain and areas of importance we have come upon in our travels.


Nefi Lalagos wrote:
Simon Bornen wrote:
There are other things than money in life .

"True!" Nefi squeeks wanting to add herself into the conversation. "There's alchemy! Discovering strange new concotions both healing and damaging, finding new types of poisons to be made, making a highly concentraited acid to burn through metal..." she carries one for a few moments listing off many different discovers that can be found and her obvious excitement at the prospect of alchemy. It's almost as if she's forgotten she was talking to anyone. "Money is something we would need to help equip ourselves, however as Pravel said, it helps with our goal to tame this land and it's not like we're doing something immoral."

She shrugs her shoulders as she thinks for a moment, hoping to come up with something that might help calm the tensions, but she instead starts collecting samples from any nearby interesting looking natural plant-life she can hope to either make a potion or poison out of.

Not comfortable with the interplay Finneous will help Nefi, pointing out any plants that he knows about and their properties that may help with her work.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76
Narrater wrote:
As Simon and Krebak quiet leaving only intense looks and uncomfortable silence between two Vor exits the hut and approaches Simon and Krebak unfazed by the drama he begins to speak Is their a experienced cartographer in your group that I can speak to my Lord has asked me to give what information I have in regards to the terrain and areas of importance we have come upon in our travels.

Pavel raises his hand as he pulls the rough map from his saddle bag.

"Aye. I'm kuh'keepin the maps for now."


Male Half-orc Wizard 1
Pavel wrote:


Pavel raises his hand as he pulls the rough map from his saddle bag.
"Aye. I'm kuh'keepin the maps for now."

Keeping clear of the nobleman and showing mild interest Finneous' expertise, Krebak retorts loud enough only for the gnomes (hopefully) to hear:

"Unless that stutter spreads to his writing hand. Then we'll probably have to retire him as cartographer.""


Krebak wrote:
Pavel wrote:


Pavel raises his hand as he pulls the rough map from his saddle bag.
"Aye. I'm kuh'keepin the maps for now."

Keeping clear of the nobleman and showing mild interest Finneous' expertise, Krebak retorts loud enough only for the gnomes (hopefully) to hear:

"Unless that stutter spreads to his writing hand. Then we'll probably have to retire him as cartographer.""

Nefi narrows here eyes and shakes her head in his direction, clearly not ammused by his quip, but smart enough not to say anything which might start some kind of row in the party and that is the last thing they need in the middle of the wilderness.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

Krebak notes her response and raises his eyebrows, giving an exaggerated shrug for the universal "What did I say?" gesture. Then he sits down on a rock nearby, muttering to his rat.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

When the map is amended, Pavel resumes conversation with Simon and the group.
"I know you don't luh'like it, Simon, but thuh'think of it this way: we're at war with this Stag Lord. He's set up somewhere to the south with more men, stolen resources and better knowledge of the land. If we want to take this bastard out and make it safe to settle or just travel through, we need to gather resources ourselves. Consider this a step toward our ultimate goal."

He scratches the stubble on his neck.
"Ya knuh'know what I mean?"


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

Simon ponder Pavel's words and then looks at him earnestly:
"this is an old dilemna, Pavel. Do the end justify the means ? In this case , this mean 'Can taking down the Stag Load justify allowing Lord Theodric be dishonest and claim a kill he did not do himself" . I know that for those who do not follow Erastil , that might not be a big wrong. Note that I did not say evil there, this is murky enough without bringing the BIG words into play. But it is still morally wrong.
If we find ourselves fighting this tatzlewyrm and I don't even know what is a tatzlewyrm for Irori's sake , I won't stop you from selling it if you all insist but my part of the money will be given to charity and it will certainly be a black day for me "

Narrater , does this discussion takes place after lord Theodric and his men left ?


Pavel's conversation with Vor proves fruitful as he provides a significant amount of information on the type of terrain to expect in several parts of the Greenbelt namely the meandering path they took before ending their hunt at the hermits hut. Vor also points out two points of possible interest to the group one is a rope bridge crossing on the Shirke river that is currently inoperable but may be fixable with some effort. The other is a group that appear to be performing work several days travel north west of Oleg's trading post. It was decided to give them a wide birth so what they are doing is a mystery but banditry was considered likely.
I will assume that your current conversation takes place after the Lords group leaves the area.

Map


Nefi just shrugs her shoulders.
"I don't see a problem. We might end up running into this thing anyway, but him taking the credit I don't agree with unless we get the reward?" she asks curiously as she'd like to be atleast compensated if they were to let him take all the glory.


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

It is french national day and I'm off for the week-end . Please DNPC me if necessary


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76
Nefi Lalagos wrote:

Nefi just shrugs her shoulders.

"I don't see a problem. We might end up running into this thing anyway, but him taking the credit I don't agree with unless we get the reward?" she asks curiously as she'd like to be atleast compensated if they were to let him take all the glory.

"Wuh'we're getting payed for it. I shuh'sure ain't puttin' my neck out fuh'for another man's vanity without cuh'compensation."

Pavel shows the updated map, pointing to the blank space south-southwest of Bokken's hut.
"What say we kuh'keep on with our plan and struh'strike out for here?"


"I agree Pravel. Or is it Mr. Pravel?" she shrugs not knowing how he would perfer to be titled. "Sounds like a good idea. I hope our druid friend here is able to negociate with any fey we run into in the stolen lands. I do not think they will give me any special pass even though I am a gnome."


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

"I'm all for it. We should get out of here before Potion McCrankypants mixes something wrong and his hut explodes."


Krebak wrote:
"I'm all for it. We should get out of here before Potion McCrankypants mixes something wrong and his hut explodes."

"I'm sure he's a perfectly stable alchemists, just a little ambitious in his works." she shrugs, assuming that's his reason, but obviously having no true idea. I wish I was able to talk to him on some research he might have found out here and some good spots to gather new materials."[/b]


Having made the necessary preparations the group takes a bearing and makes towards the chosen destination Survival role please As the sun slips from the sky it is decided to set camp you are reasonably certain of your location and expect that tomorrow you will have all day to explore the area. It appears that the area is flat Let me know of any precautions you are taking for the night such as watch and or any special actions performed before bedding down.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

Assist roll for Survival: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Krebak will take a middle watch. He'll keep Skintail within 5 feet for the Alertness bonus.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76
Nefi Lalagos wrote:
"I agree Pravel. Or is it Mr. Pravel?" she shrugs not knowing how he would perfer to be titled. "Sounds like a good idea. I hope our druid friend here is able to negociate with any fey we run into in the stolen lands. I do not think they will give me any special pass even though I am a gnome."

"It's just Puh'Pavel. No 'r'... I muh'met a fey once in the Greenbelt buh'but it was long time ago."

Pavel orients the party with his compass.
Survival with compass: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

I'll take first watch, I guess.


Assisting with Survival: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Nefi will have bombs prepared for an encounter, following Pravel somewhere near the front.

"I've heard of fey living out here and ruins. Perhaps because there is a deep connection to the first world. Hmm...wonder what I can do with some of these leaves I found."

DM only:

have a idea of what Nefi might like to make. How about certainly coloured plant leaves could be used for hair dyes. I have a idea of Nefi deciding to be accentric and changing her hair colour every few days and even selling them if allowed, following performance rules for the amount of money made, but that's just my suggestion. Would like to change the hair colour as that would be a funny querk of the character.


The night passes with only the occasional howl of wolves and a uneasy sense that eyes are upon those standing guard but beyond these passing feelings of unease no danger materializes in the night. The light of the morning shows a similar landscape as what you had found while exploring near Bokken's hut a fairly flat land filled mostly with scrub grass with the occasional hill or clump of trees to break things up. Another days worth of rations unless you wish to use survival to extend your current number and another survival check to keep on coarse during your exploration of the hex

Nefi:
I can certainly see you making dyes with your alchemical knowledge but you would have to buy the materials at this point. Your knowledge of natural materials is not extensive enough to procure usable samples for alchemy. I have noticed that your character has been taking bits of this and that and trying to make use of it witch certainly lends itself to taking knowledge nature. I would say with that skill you would be able to find some materials that could be used to off set creation costs their is no rules on this as far as I know but it is logical that at least some materials for alchemy could be found in nature. At this point you have a fairly extensive knowledge in the alchemical process but little to no knowledge of natural material acquisition. Creating simple dyes would be a DC 15 nothing to spectacular one simple color at higher DCs you could potentially make dyes that will change colors depending on the light for example or giving a bonus to social encounters.


marked off 1 ration on my herolab sheet. 4 rations left, will be telling the party if Nefi starts running low.

DM:

Yeah that's understandable, there are no rules so I was hoping for some DM intervention as I of course can't make up the rules as it is your game. I have no problem with component costs and aquiring some psudo-knowledge of nature for finding plants that can be used in the process. Thought of this some time ago but didn't mention it till now. Dyes have been around for many years afterall, though all the knowledge I have is remembering how in White Wolf by David Gemmel the hero relives his past where prostitues all had their hair dyed red. I certainly agree to higher DCs for dyes that might have a slightly more magical propery to them like perhaps making the hair glitter or be a mixture of two colours (like two seporate colours) and even possibly alternating colours of hair. Of course that would be up to you on the DCs, with your judgement of what would require more alchemical knowledge.

"So...where shall we go? We have a huge land to explore with many jungles. I believe we wanted to explore the area closest to Oleg's. I'm hoping to find more materials for a little experiment I have in mind." she grins as she says this and plays with her hair.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

"Jungles? Those are forests. Jungles have vines, and monkeys, and...other...jungley things. Anyway, closer to Oleg's makes sense. Start there, work our way outwards."


Krebak wrote:
"Jungles? Those are forests. Jungles have vines, and monkeys, and...other...jungley things. Anyway, closer to Oleg's makes sense. Start there, work our way outwards."

Nefi shrugs her shoulders.

"Forests, Jungles same difference." she smiles as she looks up at krebak. "If we are going to be spending so much time here I better learn more about nature, but more of the plants out here." she gives a smirk and looks curiously up at Pravel.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

I've got us at 5 days group rations after the last two days of exploring- we can hold off on personal stuff until the rations Svetlana made us start running out. Are Finneous and Dortlin still with us?

"Wuh'we keep heading west after we map this area, wuh'we'll hit forest. What kind of pluh'plants you lookin' for?"

Survival to stay on course: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16


Pavel wrote:

I've got us at 5 days group rations after the last two days of exploring- we can hold off on personal stuff until the rations Svetlana made us start running out. Are Finneous and Dortlin still with us?

"Wuh'we keep heading west after we map this area, wuh'we'll hit forest. What kind of pluh'plants you lookin' for?"

Survival to stay on course: 1d20+7

So save my rations then?

"Sounds like a good plan. I'm looking for anything with some kind of special properties. Anything with a powerful colour as I want to see if there are any natural plants that can be used for dyes. I'm thinking of starting out with green." she smiles as she plays with her hair shyly "What do you think, Pavel?"


Pavel wrote:

I've got us at 5 days group rations after the last two days of exploring- we can hold off on personal stuff until the rations Svetlana made us start running out. Are Finneous and Dortlin still with us?

"Wuh'we keep heading west after we map this area, wuh'we'll hit forest. What kind of pluh'plants you lookin' for?"

Survival to stay on course: 1d20+7

Hey guys. I'm gonna have to drop out. I had fun while it lasted but i got into a couple of other games while this one was stagnant and now im a little overbooked. I hope you guys have a blast though! Thanks Narrater for the opportunity!


The group continues on their trek with Finneous being lost in the clouds without a word from him found as you wake to begin your exploration of the area. Considering the speed of his mount and that it allows him flight you are uncertain what could be done to find out what happened or where he might have went. Pushing on despite the lose the group fans out and explores the area getting a feel for the land. As the sun reaches full and bright in the sky and the heat begins to feel oppressive you come upon the skeletal remains of a animal. The find would not in itself be alarming but more remains are soon made out in the grass and it becomes obvious that the macabre debris covers a sizable area without any discernible pattern. Go ahead and make perception checks and perform any actions you feel appropriate.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Survival Check: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Krebak slows to a halt and scans the remains nervously, wondering if they're the result of a predator or something more sinister. Remembering Finneous' bird, he'll keep an eye on the skies above as well, in case there is a winged beastie about. He'll also keep an eye out for any tracks or other signs of a predator on the ground.

"Anyone know what killed all these things?"


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76
Nefi Lalagos wrote:
Pavel wrote:

I've got us at 5 days group rations after the last two days of exploring- we can hold off on personal stuff until the rations Svetlana made us start running out. Are Finneous and Dortlin still with us?

"Wuh'we keep heading west after we map this area, wuh'we'll hit forest. What kind of pluh'plants you lookin' for?"

Survival to stay on course: 1d20+7

So save my rations then?

"Sounds like a good plan. I'm looking for anything with some kind of special properties. Anything with a powerful colour as I want to see if there are any natural plants that can be used for dyes. I'm thinking of starting out with green." she smiles as she plays with her hair shyly "What do you think, Pavel?"

Pavel shrugs.

"Buh'beats me... I mean, it's your huh'hair and all. Could be good as cuh'camoflage I reckon. Most of the plants I know are good for eating or muh'medicine, so I don't know how much help I can be."


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel crouches, looking over the ground and the bones.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6
Survival (tracking): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Hm, well I was also thinking of red or black or maybe a very wild colour." she smiles as she sighs, seemingly unimpressed with Pavel's reaction.

Heal: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 (heal check to see what the species was and how these htings possibly died like bite wounds or stabbing, ect. Won't tell me what it is unless I do another knowledge check.)


Sorry for the long pause between posts. I had hoped to hear something from the other characters by this point. I am really debating on giving up the ghost entirely. I will have to see until I make that choice I will continue on.
As the group begins to explore the chilling area Pavel begins by looking for signs of track once he is certain that their is no immediate danger. Krebak assists Pavel in the search for tracks as the size of the area paced out first walking the outskirts before slowly moving in towards the center taking a spiral path to find any trace. As the group moves in no real trace of actual tracks can be found but it is apparent that the bones have been swept out from the center. Near about half way to the center Nefi spots movement out of the corner of her eye nearly center of the area you are pacing out...


Male Human Paladin of Erastil 1

Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

simon will also concentrate to see if the area has an evil aura


"Pavel! There's something moving there." Nefi points to a area near the centre of the area being paced out and steps away, moving her hands down towards her ingredients and getting prepared to throw a bomb if need be. "I can try and flush it out with fire if you want guys?"

Nefi doesn't know what's moving so she doesn't want to flush out something that might be harmless, which is unlikely due to all the bones.

Heal check to have a glance at the bones and see if any are humanoid: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Clearly I havn't seen a humanoid before...


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel tries to think of what could have left all these bones scattered around while he pulls out his bow.
Knowledge: Nature- 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
"Juh'just hold onto it for a second. I'll suh'see if I can get closer..."
He creeps off, trying to stay quiet while he gets closer to the source of movement.
Stealth: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23


Male Half-orc Wizard 1

Krebak will circle off to the right, keeping an eye on the area Nefi indicated, he'll close to within 30 feet, if he isn't already, and making sure he's got a clear line of sight as Pavel closes.


Pavel and Krebak move forward leaving Nefi and Simon almost 70 feet back from where Nefi indicated seeing movement. Leaving Nefi examining the bones left on the ground as Simon examines the surrounding area for emanations of evil.

Nefi:
Examining the bones provides you no new insights into the danger you face.

Pavel:
You are certain of your silent approach but still uncertain of anything in nature that would leave no discernible tracks and leave bones piled up in its wake.

Simon:
As you scan the area you find no evil emanations from the bones or any particular spot to include where Nefi pointed earlier.


No one's posted in a while so might as well.

"Clear the area guys. I want to light this thing up before it comes out and nabs one of us." she says preparing the ingredients, but not yet mixing them as she knows the chemicals will change from unstable to mundane in a matter of seconds so she'll have to time this right.


Male Half-orc Wizard 1
Nefi Lalagos wrote:


"Clear the area guys. I want to light this thing up before it comes out and nabs one of us." she says preparing the ingredients, but not yet mixing them as she knows the chemicals will change from unstable to mundane in a matter of seconds so she'll have to time this right.

Krebak looks around wildly.

"What?! Before what comes out and nabs one of us? Huh? Where are you throwing that thing?"


Krebak wrote:
Nefi Lalagos wrote:


"Clear the area guys. I want to light this thing up before it comes out and nabs one of us." she says preparing the ingredients, but not yet mixing them as she knows the chemicals will change from unstable to mundane in a matter of seconds so she'll have to time this right.

Krebak looks around wildly.

"What?! Before what comes out and nabs one of us? Huh? Where are you throwing that thing?"

Nefi makes sure to point out the area.

"I don't know what it is, but there is something hiding under the ground there. Most likely something that had killed whatever these bones belonged to." she makes sure everyone understands to back away clearly from the area. "Last minute warning, if whatever is under there is intelligent, come out now!"

Map DM? Atleast for where we position ourselves or maybe when I've thrown the bomb.


AC 21 (20)/T 13/FF 17; CMD 24, HP 76/76

Pavel will continue sneaking about, looking for the source of these bones- though staying clear of where he expects Nefi to throw her bomb.
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

451 to 500 of 526 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Jörmungandr's Kingmaker - IC All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.