Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

GM Snorter's Rise of the Runelords Campaign


Play-by-Post

251 to 300 of 1,931 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>

Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:

"Who is this master Brodert you mentioned?"

Between sips of his tea, Kendrick answers. "A local scholar about your age, master Ezren. He seems to be knowledgeable about the local ruins and he has some interesting theories about Thassilonian architecture, especially old light."

A J s Dad wrote:
" I return to my home in Magnimar tomorrow, and was hoping to get a bit of boar hunting in at Tickwood before I leave. I would be honoured if you would all join me. I have already arranged mounts for you all...a little thankyou gift. Oh, and this is for you all. A little extra as a token of my heartfelt thanks."

"I cannot and would not presume to speak for my companions, but as for myself, I would be delighted to accompany you on your hunt in the Tickwood. Although by the sounds of it I dare say that we'd best find something to repel insects before we go."


Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:

Continuing his conversation with Kendrick

"You do not mean Brodert Quink do you lad?" Ezren takes another sip of his tea. "I had hoped to speak with him myself, my main reason for passing this way actualy. I am hoping he may have some text on the ancient Thassilonian dialect I might be able to study. Perhaps I could accompany you when you go to speak with him?"

"Aye that'd be him. I welcome the company, although Brodert and myself were to meet here last night, and I am unaware of his current whereabouts. Probably wouldn't be too hard to find him though."


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Lvl 2

When Gallus notices Galstok watching he nods his head to the barbarian.

In Shoanti:
I see you Galstok of the Shriikirri-Quah. Is that the proper form for greeting someone in your land? It has been a long time since I could practice.

Upon seeing Aldern approaching the inn, Gallus rises from where he was sitting and follows him inside taking a seat at the bar as he listens to his offer. "Well Master Foxglove your offer is most intriguing as I myself have never been on a boar hunt. As well, the offer of a horse is certainly welcome after all the walking I have done." He pauses for a moment considering..."I for one would welcome the chance to go though i do not have any idea of what to do. Thank you again for your generous offer" Gallus turns and orders a mug of ale waiting to hear the others responses. interesting the man is afraid of a few goblins but wild boars charging out of the woods are what he looks for fun?


" You can count me in mister. " says Mattie, the money pouch is already in hand. She looks at Foxglove carefully. "I'll just divvy this up with my pardners here"

Does Mattie recognize this man or knowwho he is? Know: local take 10+4=14


Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

"Hunting has never interested me. Couple that with the fact that the majority of my days of late have been traveling dusty roads it's appeal drops further in my estimate." He takes that last of his cup and places it back on the table. "I would much prefer to seek out good Brodert Quink and discuss matters of history."

Ezren truly seems to not wish to go on this little boar hunt... so, unless someone convinces him I see him staying behind to seek out the scholar, Quink.


Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:

"Hunting has never interested me. Couple that with the fact that the majority of my days of late have been traveling dusty roads it's appeal drops further in my estimate." He takes that last of his cup and places it back on the table. "I would much prefer to seek out good Brodert Quink and discuss matters of history."

"Don't look at it as hunting, master Ezren. But rather look at it as the opportunity to explore some of the Varsian countryside as well as investigate some of the rumors of Thassilonian ruins in the tickwood that I have heard of".

Bluff; 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Besides, we can always seek out master Brodert when we return" Kendrick says with a reassuring smile.


Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

I have a few things I could call you right now that would likely make Miss Mattie blush! lol
Well played Master Loreseeker, well played!

Ezren ponders Kendrick's words for a moment...

Kn History:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
I am simply curious as to how much information I know out of hand regarding Thassilonian history as it pertains to the area.

"Well, I have read a few texts on such ruins in the region. As I said, such research is what has drawn me to this place." He pauses a moment, his hand stroking his beard as you have seen him do when he is in deep contemplation. "Though I do not recall, specifically, reading of any ruins residing in the Tickwood it could be worth a look." Ezren’s voice trials off as he rises from his seat, "Very well, I shall occupancy you all on your hunt."


male gnome cloistered cleric 3 [ HP: 19/23 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +1 W: +6 | Init: +1 Perc: +2 | Effects: ]

Ensu isn't particularly inclined for or against the hunt, and chasing rumors isn't exactly what he felt like doing after yesterday's complete failure, but he will accept the invitation, though he is still a little concerned about why someone who was cowering before goblins just the day before suddenly is up for hunting dangerous game. From what Ensu could put together, he planned on cheating on the hunt or something else was behind the sudden change of heart. Either way, Ensu felt uneasy about the whole thing, but kept his concerns tucked away inside of himself, not wanting to alarm his host, should his worst fears prove to be true.


Miss Mattie wrote:

" You can count me in mister. " says Mattie, the money pouch is already in hand. She looks at Foxglove carefully. "I'll just divvy this up with my pardners here"

Does Mattie recognize this man or knowwho he is? Know: local take 10+4=14

Mattie

Spoiler:
You dont recognise him but you may have heard his surname. Foxglove is the name of quite a well known merchant family that have been around for nigh on 80 years now, and are based primarily in Magnimar.

Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:

I have a few things I could call you right now that would likely make Miss Mattie blush! lol

Well played Master Loreseeker, well played!

Ezren ponders Kendrick's words for a moment...

** spoiler omitted **

"Well, I have read a few texts on such ruins in the region. As I said, such research is what has drawn me to this place." He pauses a moment, his hand stroking his beard as you have seen him do when he is in deep contemplation. "Though I do not recall, specifically, reading of any ruins residing in the Tickwood it could be worth a look." Ezren’s voice trials off as he rises from his seat, "Very well, I shall occupancy you all on your hunt."

Thank you sir, what good is a bard if he can't get folks up and moving

"Excellent master Ezren! I am glad you have changed your mind, perhaps we can compare notes, as it were, on our ride out to the Tickwood."

"Well Aldern, it looks like you have yourself a hunting party. I for one am looking forward to some roasted hog tonight!"


Ezren

Spoiler:
What you know of the region, pertaining to ancient history...

The ancient human Empire of Thassilon flourished in the era of Old Azlant and perished in the same great catastrophe. The monolithic
stonework of the dead empire lingers still in northwest Avistan, from the massive Storval Plateau and the southern cities of Varisia to the treacherous mountains of Belkzen to the edge of the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. The enigmatic runelike script is based upon magical symbols important to the Runelord dictators of ancient Thassilon and is little understood by those outside academia. Still, Thassilon’s grasp was extensive in ancient times, and its language survived long after the fall of its mighty runelords.

The rulers of the Thassilon empire built massive tombs, enormous magical constructs, and staggering monuments that survive today, mute testimonies of a mysterious age long past. Many of these monuments still exist, built to an inhuman scale, as befits the works of giants. For all of them, their meaning and true purpose is lost to time. A few of the most famous include: Hollow Mountain, The Irespan, The Lady’s Light, The Storval Stairs and The Sunken Queen to name but a few.

Many scholars gravitate toward Riddleport, a city of crime lords and academics studying the remnants of Thassilon’s artifacts.


Aldern grasps Kendricks hand and warmly shakes it. "I think roast hog is almost guaranteed Kendrick. I am so glad that you have decided to acompany me, and that your companions see fit to join us too. Galstock?...i did get your name right I hope. Don't worry about the finer points of hunting. It's the taking part that counts. I can asure you that we will have a wonderful day. I long to get back to the challenge of pitting myself against something natural, and not 'un-natural'...goblins! No give me a boar any day! And the fact that we will have your wonderful voice to sing to us as we go...well that just makes for a perfect day."

Aldern moves to head into town.

"Now have a couple of things to take care of so, if we meet outside the stables in, say two hours, that should give us enough time to ride out to tickwood, do a spot of hunting and be back in time for a slap up supper at the Dragon! See you all then!"


Male Human Bard 1

As soon as Aldern leaves, Kendrick turns to Ezren and says, "Well master Ezren, two hours. What say you, shall we seek out master Brodert now or wait until this evenin'? Perhaps we could invite him to join us for dinner?"

He then turns to Mattie and says, "Mattie darlin', would you be so kind as to let us all know the color of the coin in that purse?"


male gnome cloistered cleric 3 [ HP: 19/23 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +1 W: +6 | Init: +1 Perc: +2 | Effects: ]

"Whenever you plan on talking to Brodert, I plan on going with you. He sounds like the only hope I have for any actual information on something useful this trip." Ensu is clearly tired of chasing rumors at this point.


Male Shoanti Human Barbarian 2

To Gallus in Shoanti:
"I see you, Gallus Domitus. It is a greeting as well as letting the person know you do not intend to kill them. If you would like I would be more then happy to continue speaking with you in this tongue. It is..relaxing to be able to speak it outloud." He looks thoughtful for a moment. "You are skilled with those." He says gesturing to the spears and glaive. "When we know one another a little better would you be interesting in sparring?"

After Gallus and Aldern enter the inn, he stands outside for a moment enjoying the morning air. Then almost gags at some of the unfamiliar smells. Entering the inn intending to get some food he catches the last bit of speech.

The coward who wants to hunt a creature that would have killed the goblins last night without a second thought?! wrote:

...see fit to join us too. Galstock?...i did get your name right I hope. Don't worry about the finer points of hunting. It's the taking part that counts. I can asure you that we will have a wonderful day. I long to get back to the challenge of pitting myself against something natural, and not 'un-natural'...goblins! No give me a boar any day! And the fact that we will have your wonderful voice to sing to us as we go...well that just makes for a perfect day."

"Now have a couple of things to take care of so, if we meet outside the stables in, say two hours, that should give us enough time to ride out to tickwood, do a spot of hunting and be back in time for a slap up supper at the Dragon! See you all then!"

"What does that one know of hunting? If he wants something unnatural he should go to the Kallow Mounds or Life Falls, not that he would make it there alive. Goblins are every bit as natural as I am." Looking around for a moment he continues on, "Though I was looking for an excuse to leave town for a bit never expected it would come so soon or from..." Stopping he shakes his head, "I suppose that might be enough time to find a boar spear. Is anyone else going?"

assuming the affirmative from previous posts"Mistress Ameiko, do happen to know where one could find someone who had a boarspear to trade?" If she knows someone or someone else does he will go and attempt to get one before going to hunt boar.


Finding a clear space at a table, Mattie sets down the sack and shows her empty palms. Then with incredibly deft fingers she opens the bag, counts and then distributes the contents in accordance with the ancient rituals of Varisian street kids when they're teiling out baubles and swag in the alley. Then shows her empty palms again to settle the transaction.

had to be fancy! Lol.


There is 50 gp in the pouch


Quote:
"Mistress Ameiko, do happen to know where one could find someone who had a boarspear to trade?" If she knows someone or someone else does he will go and attempt to get one before going to hunt boar.

Amekio stands up from behind the bar. " Well you could try Savah’s Armory, over on the other side of town. She's usually got a good selection of weapons...Not sure about a boar spear though." She shrugs. "Still...worth a try..."


Male Shoanti Human Barbarian 2

"Well in either case I should be eating something to start the day off. May I have whatever it is that is smelling so good that you are serving this morning?" With that he will find himself a seat and when the food arrives he will eat it with gusto.

After finishing his food, he will set out to find Savah's Armory. Offering to try and find one as well for any who going on this hunt as well. After stepping outside the inn he will mark this part of town in his memory so he can return here with no issue.


Galstok wrote:

"Well in either case I should be eating something to start the day off. May I have whatever it is that is smelling so good that you are serving this morning?" With that he will find himself a seat and when the food arrives he will eat it with gusto.

After finishing his food, he will set out to find Savah's Armory. Offering to try and find one as well for any who going on this hunt as well. After stepping outside the inn he will mark this part of town in his memory so he can return here with no issue.

You wander accross town at within a short time arrive at Savah's shop. Iron bars cross the glass front of the shop abd the building still retains signs of fire damage from a past incident. In the window on several wooden stands are various weapons and pieces of armour. You see a small collection of metal discs in the shape of stars as well as a quite ornate repeating crossbow that has the word 'Vansaya' carved into it's ivory stock.


Kenderick, Ezren & Ensu You easily find out the location of the home of Brodert Quink. he lives in a small house, close to the Old Light.


Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

"Well, it seems we are going hunting." Ezren says, not sounding at all excited about the prospect. "However, if two hours it will be before we depart what say we go pay Master Quink a visit?"

With that he moves to ask Lady Amekio where they might find Quink who should be able to tell him rather easily.

"Let us be off." He says to Kendrick and Ensu. To the others, "We shall meet you at the stables in two hours time."


Male Shoanti Human Barbarian 2

Entering the building, he looks around for both the proprietor and to see the care taken of the equipment on display.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 For anything else eye catching.


Mattie calls on Bethana to wish her a fair morning.

Halfling:
Ain't it a fine day? Hey! Are ye goin out to market this mornin? Mind if I join? It'll be fun. I got some time before the big hunt.
Do ye reckon I should go a huntin' with Foxglove and the crew?
I don't really know the guy. Do you? I heard of his folks back in Maggers. Big rollers. Where does he keep shop anyway?
gather info 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22


Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:


"Let us be off." He says to Kendrick and Ensu. To the others, "We shall meet you at the stables in two hours time."

"Indeed, let us see what knowledge we may gain from master Brodert. I am also curious as to why he didn't make it to the Dragon last evening."


male gnome cloistered cleric 3 [ HP: 19/23 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +1 W: +6 | Init: +1 Perc: +2 | Effects: ]

"I'm not sure you would have been able to tell even if he had been there. That place was quite crowded." Ensu comments on the way to Master Brodert's house."


Male Human Bard 1

"It's true the Dragon was crowded last night, but we had made plans to meet there before the goblin attack yesterday. I would have expected him to seek me out. I hope nothing bad happened to him during yesterday's attack."
"Still it could be likely that he was concerned about a lack of privacy at the inn last night and that's why he didn't show."
"So Ensu, I heard you say yesterday to master Aldern that you are a cleric.Am I to take it by your holy symbol that you follow Nethys?"
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 to determine what I know of Nethys


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Lvl 2

Gallus sits at the bar and listens intently to the banter between Ezre, Ensu and Kendrick while he waits for the hunt to begin. As the time draws near Gallus gathers his things to gather his things together. "Well I guess we should head out. It would be rude to keep or host waiting." With that he heads over to the stables to meet Aldern.


Galstok wrote:

Entering the building, he looks around for both the proprietor and to see the care taken of the equipment on display.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 For anything else eye catching.

Looking around, you see wooden shelves stacked with carefully placed display cabinets. Within are many well maintained and equisitally looked after weapons and bits and pieces of equipment. Amongst the items on display you see the following...a Lucerne Hammer,Grappling Arrows, a Double Crossbow, several Battleaxes, an ornate Star Knive and what you think is a masterworked dwarven waraxe that looks to have seen extensive use if the notches in the blade are any indication. At the back of the shop are several stands with armour on which is currently being polished by a lithe looking woman.


Miss Mattie wrote:

Mattie calls on Bethana to wish her a fair morning.

** spoiler omitted ** gather info 1d20+7

Mattie

Spoiler:
Bethana doesnt know much apart from the fact that Aldern occasionaly visits Sandpoint to pick up supplies as he is in the middle of renovating the Foxglove family home. Foxglove Manor as it is called lies on the coast some way from Sandpoint, and is quite an old house. She believes that some sort of tragedy struck the family a few decades ago, and no one’s lived there since. Common rumor holds that the place is haunted.

Mattie wishes to pass the hour browsing the market...she looks for "business opportunities" (SoH only low-risk targets: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 - "just testing the waters") and observes how the townsfolk transact their affairs. If she can find find out where in town Foxglove does his business she'll snoop around there as well. Preferably she 'll do this while casually quetsching with Bethana - assuming the Sandpoint halfling was at the Inn and accepted her offer. Any gossip is welcome.


Kendrick Loreseeker wrote:

"It's true the Dragon was crowded last night, but we had made plans to meet there before the goblin attack yesterday. I would have expected him to seek me out. I hope nothing bad happened to him during yesterday's attack."

"Still it could be likely that he was concerned about a lack of privacy at the inn last night and that's why he didn't show."
"So Ensu, I heard you say yesterday to master Aldern that you are a cleric.Am I to take it by your holy symbol that you follow Nethys?"
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 4 to determine what I know of Nethys

Kendrick

Spoiler:
Ancient Osiriani texts mention a powerful God-King named Nethys, whose mighty sorceries allowed him to see all that transpired, even across the planes of the Great Beyond. The knowledge he gained through these visions fueled his divinity but shattered his psyche. Ever since, Nethys has been of two minds: one set upon destroying the world, and another pledged to protect it.

Nethys is often shown with both his aspects in action. One side of him is burned and broken, unleashing terrible magic upon the world, while the other half is calm and serene, using magic to heal the sick and protect the innocent.
The church of Nethys tries to walk between these two paths, but individual shrines or temples might take to one aspect or the other. In either case, clerics of Nethys promote magic in its many forms, regardless of the purpose it is put to. This makes the faith popular with wizards, regardless of their choice of study.
Any wielder of magic may become a priest of the church, whether he be a standard practitioner of spells such as a cleric or sorcerer or something more primitive or exotic like a hedge wizard, witch doctor, adept, or folk ritualist.
Advancement in the clergy is based on power and magical knowledge, which means most practitioners of simpler magic can only aspire to low ranks in the church. Those without magic may work for the church but are treated as second-class citizens (or even expendable in the more evil temples); even a lowly apprentice who has only mastered a few cantrips has higher status than a master rogue or talented fighter. Priests associated with Nethys’s temples are used to magical folk being in charge and often make the mistake of barking orders in more status-equal groups such as adventuring parties.


Kendrick, Ensu, Ezren When you arrive at Brodert Quinks dwelling, you find the old man sat outside his home, facing the towering ruin of the Old Light, sketching on a large sheet of paper with a lump of charcoal. As you approach, he looks up at you. "Ahh, there you are. You didnt turn up last night then. Waited for an hour you know at the The Hagfish. Still, your here now, and with friends. I must say though, I'm not used to crowds..." He gesture toward the ruin..."Beautiful isn't she?"


Miss Mattie wrote:
Mattie wishes to pass the hour browsing the market...she looks for "business opportunities" (SoH only low-risk targets: 1d20+7 - "just testing the waters") and observes how the townsfolk transact their affairs. If she can find find out where in town Foxglove does his business she'll snoop around there as well. Preferably she 'll do this while casually quetsching with Bethana - assuming the Sandpoint halfling was at the Inn and accepted her offer. Any gossip is welcome.

The townsfolk seem very pleasent with each other, for the most part, being warm, friendly and helpful.

Spoiler:
You pocket several copper pieces as well as a rather repulsive silver chain that has a lump of coal attached to it..
From what you can gather Master Foxglove is both well liked and well repected in town. It seems that many think him a bit ecsentric but just assume that thats how nobles tend to act.

Gallus Domitus wrote:
Gallus sits at the bar and listens intently to the banter between Ezre, Ensu and Kendrick while he waits for the hunt to begin. As the time draws near Gallus gathers his things to gather his things together. "Well I guess we should head out. It would be rude to keep or host waiting." With that he heads over to the stables to meet Aldern.

As you arrive at the stable, you see Aldern quietly grooming his horse, several large boar spears neatly stacked by the stable door. He looks up as you approach and smiles warmly. "Ah Gallus, Good to see you. I must say, I'm looking forward to seeing how you handle one of these beauties. I've seen you wielding that glaive of yours and I have to admit...that was scary. Well...scary if your on the receiving end I mean. No, you were really impressive yesterday. I admire that. I only wish that I was that good with a weapon.


Male Human (Chelaxian) Fighter Lvl 2

Gallus nods towards Aldern as he approaches the stables."Greetings Master Foxglove. It is good to see you in such high spirits for today's hunt especially after the events of yesterday." A sardonic grin on his face. Choosing one of the horses at random he begins to prepare for the days travel while continuing to talk to Aldern. "I spent most of my youth in the study of such things as weapons, tactics and the like. It was hard at the time seeing other children playing and having fun while all I seemed to do was train. However, now I reap the benefits of that hard work as I am able to protect myself and others who may not be able to. What about yourself Master Foxglove? Tell me about yourself?" Gallus pauses from his preparation to turn and look at Aldern.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

I hope I never have to play poker against anyone HEH.


Male Shoanti Human Barbarian 2

"Mistress Savah? I am Galstok of the Shriikirri-Quah Shoanti. I have been asked to join a man for a boar hunt. As you can see I don't have the proper tools for such a hunt. Mistress Ameiko suggested I come here. Would you happen to have a boar spear available for trade..." shaking his head, "no you use coin here, available for purchase?"


Male Human Bard 1
A J s Dad wrote:
"Ahh, there you are. You didnt turn up last night then. Waited for an hour you know at the The Hagfish. Still, your here now, and with friends. I must say though, I'm not used to crowds..." He gesture toward the ruin..."Beautiful isn't she?"

"The Hagfish?! My most sincere apologies master Brodert. I believed you had said the Dragon, which I took to mean the Rusty Dragon. It was there that I was awaiting you last evening. But as you say, I am here now. And yes the Old Light is quite impressive"

"Please allow me to introduce my companions, this is master Ensu, servant of Nethys, and this is master Ezren, praticioner of the arcane arts. Both are here to learn."


"Dragon - Hagfish, hmmm, well, yes, they do sound similar. Anyway, learn you say. Well, there are many things that I wish to learn, but alas all I seem to come up with are questions with no answers. Like I have said before, I have my beliefs as to the Lights true nature, but I have no proof. just suspicions."[i] He lifts the sheet of paper, and below it you see a crumpled parchment covered in rubbings of ancient runic symbols.
[i]"I recovered these rubbings from the base of the Spindlehorn. It has taken me a while to translate them though. These are actual Thassilonian runes."
Brodert then pulls out another scrap of paper and hands it to you. "This is the translation, as best as I can manage..."

The translation reads - "Upon the Stair of Makers I stood and cast my sight across the Valley of Tribes. What ruin I saw defies the will of symbols to say and blasphemes the holy gift of Lissala.
The eyes of the First King lay toppled from beneath his mighty brow, pearls the size of hillsides casting their idiot gaze upon the
mountain of Xin’s shattered memorial.
Below, the Forest of Goree lay rent like trampled grass, the holy river halted by a catastrophic dam—its bricks the cellenwood that shaded our grandfathers, its mortar the twisted gore of the woodland herds.
And where once rose the viridian spires of statue-garrisoned Asraliyn now drifted only a billowing pillar of rising copper dust. Destroyed in the reign of fire from the towers of Alaznist.
Yes, gone were the Driv, the Innori, the Walzt and all their ravening, man-beast kin. But in their place lay the ruin of the world, shaped in the crushed stone valleys of the Oliphaunt’s steps."


Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

Ezren nods his head in greeting, taking particular note as Brodert shows themt he Thassilonian runes. "May I see that rubbing sir? The study of the Thassilonian language is what brings me to this region of the world. I am most intruiged with the history involved."

He listens intently to the translation as he looks over the rubbing himself. "The base of the Spindlehorn you said?" He stokes his beard in quiet contemplation for a moment. "Would you mind if I made a copy of this rubbing sir?"

Kn Geography:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Do I know of the place he speaks?

Kn History:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Other than it's location, do I know anything off hand of it's history?


Ezren Tempest wrote:

Ezren nods his head in greeting, taking particular note as Brodert shows themt he Thassilonian runes. "May I see that rubbing sir? The study of the Thassilonian language is what brings me to this region of the world. I am most intruiged with the history involved."

He listens intently to the translation as he looks over the rubbing himself. "The base of the Spindlehorn you said?" He stokes his beard in quiet contemplation for a moment. "Would you mind if I made a copy of this rubbing sir?"

** spoiler omitted **
** spoiler omitted **

Ezren

Spoiler:
You know the following about the place. It is thousands of feet high, and thrusts up from the shore of the Storval Deep like a needle against the sky, its sides sheer except for the treacherous set of stairs that winds around the crooked spire until it reaches the flattened peak, an open space barely 10 feet in diameter. None have ever been able to fathom what purpose the mysterious spire once served, but you have heard tales telling of dark-robed pilgrims seen climbing the dizzying stairs but never descending from the spires summit.

Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

"I recall coming across mention of the Spindlehorn before. As I recall it is reported to stand several thousand feet high from the shore of the Storval Deep. There was a drawing of the spire... it rose like a needle with sheer sides, save for a winding staircase. You say the rubbings came from the base... have you ever ventured up those stairs?"

Feel free to move me along whenever you are ready to procede with the hunt, else Ezren will sit and discuss ancient Thassilon with Brodert all day!


Ezren Tempest wrote:

"I recall coming across mention of the Spindlehorn before. As I recall it is reported to stand several thousand feet high from the shore of the Storval Deep. There was a drawing of the spire... it rose like a needle with sheer sides, save for a winding staircase. You say the rubbings came from the base... have you ever ventured up those stairs?"

Feel free to move me along whenever you are ready to procede with the hunt, else Ezren will sit and discuss ancient Thassilon with Brodert all day!

Actually, I'm quite getting into Broderts discussions (Perhaps I should start a seperate thread entitled -Broderts theories on ancient Thassilon -one mans journey into madness!!LOL)

Brodert replies, "No sir, I did not. If i am honest, the whole site gave me the shivers. There was something just not quite right about it. And it was night when I was there as well. Coming to think back to it now, it wasn't just the spire that was wrong; no, it was if the sky too had been altered, almost as if the stars weren't right."
He rises to go inside.
"Now, I have things to attend to, but all this talk of stars and the like has given me a thought. Maybe you and your friends would like to return late tonight, say around midnight. I have a wonderful telescope set up in my observatory upstairs. I could tell you of my theories of the night sky as well, if your interested?"


Male Human Bard 1

"That sounds like an excellent proposal master Brodert. If you would like, I daresay that we can bring some roast boar back with us."


Male Human (Taldan) Wizard 1

"Indeed, I would truly enjoy a chance to peer through your telescope." Ezren glances once more at the Thassilonian runes before rolling his copy and placing it carefuly into a scroll tube. "And perhaps we can speak more regarding your knowledge of the Thassilonian language."

With that he turns to leave, "I suppose it is time for our hunt. Shall we meet the others at the stables then?"


Galstok wrote:

"Mistress Savah? I am Galstok of the Shriikirri-Quah Shoanti. I have been asked to join a man for a boar hunt. As you can see I don't have the proper tools for such a hunt. Mistress Ameiko suggested I come here. Would you happen to have a boar spear available for trade..." shaking his head, "no you use coin here, available for purchase?"

Savah looks at you admiringly. "Good sir, To be honest I would expect a man of your physique and obvious talent to have no trouble in wrestling a boar to the ground bare handed. Alas, I am fresh out of boar spears. Young master Foxglove had the same idea as yourself and has bought my entire stock late last night. Perhaps you may want to join him if boar hunting is your poison?"


Male Human Bard 1
Ezren Tempest wrote:


With that he turns to leave, "I suppose it is time for our hunt. Shall we meet the others at the stables then?"

Closing his journal into which he had written the translation, Kendrick says as he puts it back into his waterproof pouch. Sounds good to me master Ezren. I bid you farewell for now master Brodert."

As they are walking towards the stables Kendrick remarks, "I've never hunted boar before, this should be fun. I've heard they can be quite dangerous."


male gnome cloistered cleric 3 [ HP: 19/23 | AC: 14 T: 11 FF: 14 | F: +5 R: +1 W: +6 | Init: +1 Perc: +2 | Effects: ]

Ensu is quiet during the whole exchange, speaking only as he turns to leave. "I would enjoy looking through the telescope as well. It appears that Nethys has once again proven to be smarter than his anointed paper pushers."


Male Human Bard 1

"So Ensu, tell us about yourself. So often it's the quiet ones that have the best stories. Where are you from? Do you have any family? What events brought you into the service of Nethys? How is it you find yourself in Sandpoint?", says Kendrick, once again trying to draw the quiet gnome into conversation.


Male Shoanti Human Barbarian 2
A J s Dad wrote:


Savah looks at you admiringly. "Good sir, To be honest I would expect a man of your physique and obvious talent to have no trouble in wrestling a boar to the ground bare handed. Alas, I am fresh out of boar spears. Young master Foxglove had the same idea as yourself and has bought my entire stock late last night. Perhaps you may want to join him if boar hunting is your poison?"

Galstok lets out a roar of laughter at her joke. "Wrestle a boar?! That is funny." He stops for a moment looking thoughtful. "That would be a feat to boast about back home!"

After a moment what she said registered and he says in surprise, "Hmm, maybe he does know something about the hunt after all, imagine that." With that he turns to leave. Just before he gets to the door, he stops and turns around, "I don't have anything to trade for it yet but I think I would like to find a longbow at some point. Hopefully, one with a rather strong pull I think." Looking at her closely then continues very seriously, "You are one who cares greatly for the weapons in your care. I believe I know who to turn to should this," pointing to his hammer, "fail me. By your leave?" At her nod(I assume she would give assent of some sort) He turns and walks out the door and returns to the tavern.

Arriving in back at the inn he glances at the sun then heads toward the stable. Seeing Aldren and Gallus already there, he stops and greets them. "I see you, Gallus Domitus. I see you, Aldern Foxglove. Is it just the three of us on this hunt today?"

Ah, the temptation now to try and grapple the boar!

251 to 300 of 1,931 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Snorter's Rise of the Runelords Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.