Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

45,451 to 45,500 of 105,066 << first < prev | 905 | 906 | 907 | 908 | 909 | 910 | 911 | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | next > last >>
Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hmmm, naked dreaming? I wish it was that sort!

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Jess Door wrote:

WTF?!? I look away from the TV for a second and suddenly I'm watching an infomercial about how this guy loves his ladder so much it's the most excited he's been shince his first child was born.

...

Sucks to be his other children after hearing that.

Ha!


I don't often remember my dreams; they're usually sucky.

I end up shot to death and woken up by the shock of it a lot.


Mothman wrote:

So a kind of odd coincidence last night.

I was catching up on some tv shows and movies that I had recorded over the past couple of weeks, and as is often my habit I was sort of half paying attention to the tv and half reading (in this case my copy of Pathfinder Bestiary 3).

I had finished watching an ep of Doctor Who and decided that I’d watch Death Note next. I was vaguely familiar with the story (an ex girlfriend of mine was a big fan of the manga, but she only had copies in Japanese, so I’d never read it) but not in detail and hadn’t seen the movie.

Since the movie was subtitled I found I couldn’t follow it whilst reading, so I put my book aside, left open on the couch beside me.

Not far into the movie, the protagonist meets Ryuuk, the creature that left him the Death Note. It is a tall, emaciated, pale demonic type creature, dressed in black with thin, almost skeletal wings. As soon as I saw it I thought ‘that looks familiar’; I glanced over at my copy of Bestiary 3 open on the couch and it was open to the page with the shinigami, which a little research revealed is what Ryuuk is.

Funny huh?

Deathnote, both the live action and the animated are VERY good.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

It was the live action one I was watching.

Question for anyone who's familiar with it, why is the Deathnote and its instructions written in English rather than Japanese?

Qadira

Only thing I know about Death Note is that it is said it was banned in China.


Just like me.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:

I don't often remember my dreams; they're usually sucky.

I end up shot to death and woken up by the shock of it a lot.

One time I dreamed I had fallen on my ass while trying to get away from a giant snake. I was sitting there pushing with my legs across the floor while he came right at me and woke up pushing myself right out the bed and onto the floor.


I was listening to a song about zombies and noticed aberzombie was the last one to post here.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Yeah, that happens a lot.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Looks like I've got just one more night of shipboard work ahead of me, then it's an outbrief, followed by flying home (hopefully by Wednesday morning at the latest).

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

F%*+! I really am looking forward to getting back home.


Aberzombie wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:

I don't often remember my dreams; they're usually sucky.

I end up shot to death and woken up by the shock of it a lot.

One time I dreamed I had fallen on my ass while trying to get away from a giant snake. I was sitting there pushing with my legs across the floor while he came right at me and woke up pushing myself right out the bed and onto the floor.

haha! dreaming is great.


Jess Door wrote:

WTF?!? I look away from the TV for a second and suddenly I'm watching an infomercial about how this guy loves his ladder so much it's the most excited he's been shince his first child was born.

...

Sucks to be his other children after hearing that.

Sucks to be the guy who gets excited about a ladder, I'd say - especially with it being caught on film.


I want special heroic trousers too!

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Crimson Jester wrote:
Only thing I know about Death Note is that it is said it was banned in China.

Do you know why?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Kajehase wrote:
I want special heroic trousers too!

How about monkey pants?


Those might come in handy too...


TOZ wrote:

My players have rebooted their 10th level characters.

The fighter has an 8 Int and Wis aside a 6 Cha. All to get his 28 Dex.

:/

Just make sure he plays him like a dim witted lummox who sure can move fast.


Jess Door wrote:

WTF?!? I look away from the TV for a second and suddenly I'm watching an infomercial about how this guy loves his ladder so much it's the most excited he's been shince his first child was born.

...

Sucks to be his other children after hearing that.

ROTFL


Mothman wrote:

It was the live action one I was watching.

Question for anyone who's familiar with it, why is the Deathnote and its instructions written in English rather than Japanese?

Probably because they got a prop that was from the American division of the company. I know my friend has one that he used to terrify the students in his class- he used it as his tardy book.

Osirion

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

The trousers are a lie!!!!


*sigh*

So I'm off today. I just saw the wife off to her conference with Ben Bernake et al. in Virginia on her first ever convention trip on Saturday. I worked Saturday night after staying up late Friday drinking all night with the wife, and dreamed of the WONDERFUL vacation I was going to have. Sure, it drizzled a bit and the temperature dropped quite low when I was working, but that's nothing, right?

Yesterday morning, I wake up to discover I'm quite ill. 100 degree fever, etc. I alternate between awake and asleep, with Macross 7(FINALLY picked up the entire series!!! Now all I need is the Macross Frontier Movie and I'm up to date!!!) blazing in the background. I have faint dreams of going out and having fun and in other ways communicating with the outside world while I lay in bed shivering and downing every and any liquid I can find.

I'm feeling better today, but I feel I was robbed yesterday...

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Also, good morning FAWTLY Folk. Hope everyone had a better weekend than I did. Still, at least some aspects of my coming work week are looking bright - like the idea of going home early. Looking forward to having a dogfish head beer and having some fun with my boy!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Sorry to hear that Freehold. Positive waves, dude!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Gotta go get ready to face another long day. But, I just realized - the hotel will have their breakfast buffet again!

Mmmmm.......bacon.


They have brains on the buffet? I thought you had to pay extra for that.

Also, in a bit of a fever dream last night, I dreamt that you were on the take from a one Joss Whedon, informing him of my whereabouts in exchange for a briefcase FULL of unmarked brains. I distinctly remember you saying [Diamond Joe Quimby]Beautiful...[/Diamond Joe Quimby] when Whedon kicked over the briefcase of brains to you in the parking lot you met in...

That WAS a dream right? Brought on my fever and stress?


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
TOZ wrote:

My players have rebooted their 10th level characters.

The fighter has an 8 Int and Wis aside a 6 Cha. All to get his 28 Dex.

:/

FEEBLEMIND!


Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Oh, and use it on the PC too.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:

They have brains on the buffet? I thought you had to pay extra for that.

Also, in a bit of a fever dream last night, I dreamt that you were on the take from a one Joss Whedon, informing him of my whereabouts in exchange for a briefcase FULL of unmarked brains. I distinctly remember you saying [Diamond Joe Quimby]Beautiful...[/Diamond Joe Quimby] when Whedon kicked over the briefcase of brains to you in the parking lot you met in...

That WAS a dream right? Brought on my fever and stress?

moves briefcase out of sight

Sure it was a dream!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

One more night of work, then an outbrief, then home. The only big question is will I be able to get my flight changed to something equally reasonable.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

I look forward to seeing the look on my boy's face when he sees me.

Silver Crusade

Mothman wrote:

The other, I was at some sort of fair, along with some companions. We seemed to be an adventuring group of some type – there was the big, muscle bound guy (fighter), the slim, quick girl (rogue), the quick talker who looked like Faceman from the A Team (bard I guess, or another rogue) and me (not sure what role I was supposed to fill).

Too much Ravenloft?

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?

Andoran

Two days ago, it was 80 degrees outside and sunny. Now it's in the 30s, overcast, and windy as f+@+. What the hell, Syracuse.

Qadira

Mothman wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Only thing I know about Death Note is that it is said it was banned in China.
Do you know why?

From what I heard, IE read on some site on the web, kids were making their own death note, notebooks and putting teachers and kids they didn't likes names in it. So it was dubbed a 'poor social program' and banned for lack of taste or something to that effect. *

Of course if China banned it, it just makes me want to watch it and see what the hubbub is all about.

* all the above is garnered from dubious sources and Wikipedia, and as such can't be trusted


Well, all that work and I ended up not turning in the homework after all. On the grounds that I'd rather miss a point than turn in complete gibberish. Maybe I should do some yoga or something. I'm way too stressed and it's affecting my reading comprehension. I had trouble typing notes too. All the letters were jumbled and I spent half my time deleting and unscrambling words. This is gonna be one of those days. (I'm not usually dyslexic, but I swear this happens every time I study for a math test. It's like I can either understand numbers or language, but not both at the same time.)

Although I must say I'm really enjoying the cool but still sunny weather. Feels more like March now. :)


And I have delicious leftovers for lunch. Hmmm. Lunch first. Then yoga. Then back to studying and hopefully I'll be less scattered then. :)


Crimson Jester wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
Only thing I know about Death Note is that it is said it was banned in China.
Do you know why?

From what I heard, IE read on some site on the web, kids were making their own death note, notebooks and putting teachers and kids they didn't likes names in it. So it was dubbed a 'poor social program' and banned for lack of taste or something to that effect. *

Of course if China banned it, it just makes me want to watch it and see what the hubbub is all about.

* all the above is garnered from dubious sources and Wikipedia, and as such can't be trusted

Indeed, I had heard this as well.


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Two days ago, it was 80 degrees outside and sunny. Now it's in the 30s, overcast, and windy as f+*@. What the hell, Syracuse.

I'm getting some of that down here. I was sick yesterday because of the insistant drizzle and 20 degree temperature drop.


hi everyone


Hope you're feeling better now, FHDM.


Slow day. Starting to feel kinda lonely. Silly, I know. But I don't get to interact with real-life people that much, and it's hard to procrastinate with no one around to help. ^.^

Silver Crusade

lynora wrote:
Hope you're feeling better now, FHDM.

+1


Over an hour without a post?!? Perish the thought!

Qadira

...


I have nothing to say, honestly....

GO TEAM CHAOS


I say mondays suck.

Oh, and Spicy Nacho Slaad, you were confused yesterday. You should stop hitting yourself.


The Mite wrote:

I say mondays suck.

Oh, and Spicy Nacho Slaad, you were confused yesterday. You should stop hitting yourself.

Confused, I thought I was hitting myself tomorrow, but a day early...

Silver Crusade

TODAY IS RIDICULOUS!

That is all.

45,451 to 45,500 of 105,066 << first < prev | 905 | 906 | 907 | 908 | 909 | 910 | 911 | 912 | 913 | 914 | 915 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.