Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

42,251 to 42,300 of 105,140 << first < prev | 841 | 842 | 843 | 844 | 845 | 846 | 847 | 848 | 849 | 850 | 851 | next > last >>
Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

NEKKID BOARD BREAKING!!!!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Watch out for splinters.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Now I'm gonna go kill stuff in Unreal Tournament. Then I'm gonna work on my Crypt of Illusions some more.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I realized today that I actually made it past 20,000 posts and hadn't even noticed it...of course with my primary alias I'm still not even close to closing in on 10,000...which says a lot I suppose. Mostly that my other personalities are quite chatty. :)


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!

Qadira

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Go! Go! Go! Go! Go! Go!

Where?

Qadira

I.

Qadira

<.<
>.>

Where'deverbudygo?


*pew* *pew*

Ah'ma Stometrooper!


I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/


Although I was doing vector problems in my dreams last night...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

Ah, folks are back.

Qadira

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Ah, folks are back.

Where'd they go?

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I think after the second or third month on the island I would have killed Gilligan.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

Bless his heart. Not the sharpest hook in the tackle box.

Qadira

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Bless his heart. Not the sharpest hook in the tackle box.

I don't think that hook is even in the tackle box.


Moorluck wrote:
I think after the second or third month on the island I would have killed Gilligan.

Month? I didn't think you had that kind of patience. Week...maybe. ;P


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

SKIP-PERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
I think after the second or third month on the island I would have killed Gilligan.
Month? I didn't think you had that kind of patience. Week...maybe. ;P

I would be spending time with Marry Ann and Ginger as a priority. ;)


Aberzombie wrote:
THE CAKE IS A LIE! A FILTHY LIE!

king Cake left overs...........hhhmmmmmm


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:
Today's lab was titration. I like the titration itself well enough, but I hate cleaning the buret. I'm always terrified I'm going to break it, and they're so expensive.

I doth protest. No one should be rationing tïts.

Qadira

Well folks, I think I'm gonna head on to bed.

Silver Crusade

Good night, LPM!


lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

I feel your pain. I'm slowly getting the hang of logarithmic math, but today was spent on exponential growth and decay models.

My head exploded this evening. We have seven quizzes and get to drop one. The one I took earlier this evening looks like the one that's getting dropped with one more to go next week before the finals.


Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

I feel your pain. I'm slowly getting the hang of logarithmic math, but today was spent on exponential growth and decay models.

My head exploded this evening. We have seven quizzes and get to drop one. The one I took earlier this evening looks like the one that's getting dropped with one more to go next week before the finals.

Good luck with that. I had logarithms last semester...and they still trip me up a bit in chem class. Stupid logs having different sig fig rules from everything else. >.<

I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

Anyways, I bet AZ will find our exploded brains very tasty after all that work we put them through. :)

Qadira

Okay, NOW I'm going to bed.


lynora wrote:
I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

I remember fussing when having to memorize the quadratic equation. Now? That seems to be child's play. Especially when Euler's number is getting thrown into the mix as being a required part of the formula. Today, it was S = Soe^kt.

*kaboom*

I'm thinking one more quarter and then I'm going to focus on the science requirements. I have no desire to get a mathematics degree.

I know there's gripe in Ohio when all the schools will switch from a quarterly to semester schedule at the end of August. May take a little longer, but I don't mind as I won't feel there's so much math being crammed in a short period of time. I could use the extra weeks to have the stuff sink in.


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Tales Subscriber

Good night!


Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

I remember fussing when having to memorize the quadratic equation. Now? That seems to be child's play. Especially when Euler's number is getting thrown into the mix as being a required part of the formula. Today, it was S = Soe^kt.

*kaboom*

That looks an awful lot like my chemistry homework.

Up until this semester, math was my easy class....now I'm starting to worry about what calculus is going to be like....and I'm going to be taking this the same semester as organic chemistry? What's wrong with me?

I blame all the brain explosions. It's murder on the SAN score. :)

And I honestly don't think I could handle that quarterly schedule. A 15 week semester is already pretty crammed to start with.


lynora wrote:

That looks an awful lot like my chemistry homework.

Up until this semester, math was my easy class....now I'm starting to worry about what calculus is going to be like....and I'm going to be taking this the same semester as organic chemistry? What's wrong with me?

I blame all the brain explosions. It's murder on the SAN score. :)

And I honestly don't think I could handle that quarterly schedule. A 15 week semester is already pretty crammed to start with.

While I'm targeting a BS over a BA, I'm going to stick with all the basic science classes and avoid chemistry if I can to satisfy the Associates requirement.

Quarterly is 10 weeks out here, except this summer will be crammed into just 9 during Summer to prepare for the semester transition. I only have to take one more math class (which will be next quarter) to satisfy those requirements unless I want to take another optional math course in lieu of a science requirement. Blergh.


lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

superboy punches tomorrow to ensure that the math test never comes


Moorluck wrote:
I think after the second or third month on the island I would have killed Gilligan.

I would have killed and eaten Gilligan after I grew tired of coconut sandwiches. And I would have seduced Mary Ann and Ginger long before the ship went down.


Moorluck wrote:
lynora wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
I think after the second or third month on the island I would have killed Gilligan.
Month? I didn't think you had that kind of patience. Week...maybe. ;P
I would be spending time with Marry Ann and Ginger as a priority. ;)

Gah, Ninjaed!!!


Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

I feel your pain. I'm slowly getting the hang of logarithmic math, but today was spent on exponential growth and decay models.

My head exploded this evening. We have seven quizzes and get to drop one. The one I took earlier this evening looks like the one that's getting dropped with one more to go next week before the finals.

Beats Logarithmic Math to death with

Spoiler:
[ooc]wait for it
Spoiler:
a baseball bat
Spoiler:
what? You thought i was going to use a regular log? Those are heavy, and Logarithmic math might have dodged.

Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

I remember fussing when having to memorize the quadratic equation. Now? That seems to be child's play. Especially when Euler's number is getting thrown into the mix as being a required part of the formula. Today, it was S = Soe^kt.

*kaboom*

I'm thinking one more quarter and then I'm going to focus on the science requirements. I have no desire to get a mathematics degree.

I know there's gripe in Ohio when all the schools will switch from a quarterly to semester schedule at the end of August. May take a little longer, but I don't mind as I won't feel there's so much math being crammed in a short period of time. I could use the extra weeks to have the stuff sink in.

As much as I well and truly hate math, I must admit that having more time to work on the formulae isn't necessarily a bad thing- who knows, the teacher may actually SLOW THE F$&+ DOWN so people who weren't born with logarithms tattooed on the insides of their eyelids can actually LEARN something.


lynora wrote:
Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

I feel your pain. I'm slowly getting the hang of logarithmic math, but today was spent on exponential growth and decay models.

My head exploded this evening. We have seven quizzes and get to drop one. The one I took earlier this evening looks like the one that's getting dropped with one more to go next week before the finals.

Good luck with that. I had logarithms last semester...and they still trip me up a bit in chem class. Stupid logs having different sig fig rules from everything else. >.<

I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

Anyways, I bet AZ will find our exploded brains very tasty after all that work we put them through. :)

My wife doesn't hate math nearly as much as I do- in fact she seems to like it, which disturbs/worries me. However, even she states that the problem with math in the US today and even in yesteryear isn't that all kids are dumb and all math teachers are brilliant and frustrated, it's the way it's taught. It really does encourage a split in the class between those who "get it" and those who "don't get it" and friction between the two factions is encouraged, sometimes unknowingly, by the teacher. It's too binary for me, at the very least.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lynora wrote:
Urizen wrote:
lynora wrote:
I have a math test tomorrow. I am not ready for it. And I cannot seem to focus enough to study. :/

I feel your pain. I'm slowly getting the hang of logarithmic math, but today was spent on exponential growth and decay models.

My head exploded this evening. We have seven quizzes and get to drop one. The one I took earlier this evening looks like the one that's getting dropped with one more to go next week before the finals.

Good luck with that. I had logarithms last semester...and they still trip me up a bit in chem class. Stupid logs having different sig fig rules from everything else. >.<

I just really hate how this prof expects us to memorize a boatload of formulas. Some are provided, but you have to be able to recognize them on sight since they aren't labeled and all the really important ones you just have to know. I have an entire whiteboard covered with 'really important' formulas I'm supposed to have memorized. Stupid midterms. So glad next week is spring break. My brain is ready to explode after so many tests.

Anyways, I bet AZ will find our exploded brains very tasty after all that work we put them through. :)

tastes the esploded brains

Hmmmmm, needs more differential equations.....

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Darth Knight wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
THE CAKE IS A LIE! A FILTHY LIE!
king Cake left overs...........hhhmmmmmm

Leftover King Cake? Surely you jest?

Qadira

Morning guys.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Greetings and salutations LPM. I hope you have a good day, and that all your enemies are inflicted with festering boils.

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Almost at work. Bummer.

Qadira

Yeah, I gotta be leaving here in a bit myself.

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*blibk*

Morning all!

I am done with work for today =D

Now I just gotta do a buttload of chores and procurement runs

*blink*

Andoran Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Celestial Healer wrote:
I did follow up calls on a bunch of jobs today. Only got shot down once. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good luck!!!


Morning all


taig wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
I did follow up calls on a bunch of jobs today. Only got shot down once. Keep your fingers crossed.
Good luck!!!

+1!

Andoran Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Solnes wrote:
Morning all

Good morning! Nice to see you. :)

I can't stay, since I have to get to work, and then back to the hotel to work on revision 4 of my round 4 entry.

I'm the wind!


taig wrote:
Solnes wrote:
Morning all

Good morning! Nice to see you. :)

I can't stay, since I have to get to work, and then back to the hotel to work on revision 4 of my round 4 entry.

I'm the wind!

And good to see you! However briefly! :)

Looking forward to entry 4! You're gonna do great! :D


Freehold DM wrote:


My wife doesn't hate math nearly as much as I do- in fact she seems to like it, which disturbs/worries me. However, even she states that the problem with math in the US today and even in yesteryear isn't that all kids are dumb and all math teachers are brilliant and frustrated, it's the way it's taught. It really does encourage a split in the class between those who "get it" and those who "don't get it" and friction between the two factions is encouraged, sometimes unknowingly, by the teacher. It's too binary for me, at the very least.

The last two semesters I've been very fortunate to have math teachers who actually cared about all of their students learning math. This semester I am not so fortunate. I may not be able to work out the problems as fast as some of the other folks in my class, but overall my grades are better. To quote my chem teacher (he was an awful teacher but it was a good saying) "Persistence beats talent every day of the week."

On the other hand, I do not have a good feeling at all about the test I have to go take right now. I memorize well, buit there are limits. :(


lynora wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:


My wife doesn't hate math nearly as much as I do- in fact she seems to like it, which disturbs/worries me. However, even she states that the problem with math in the US today and even in yesteryear isn't that all kids are dumb and all math teachers are brilliant and frustrated, it's the way it's taught. It really does encourage a split in the class between those who "get it" and those who "don't get it" and friction between the two factions is encouraged, sometimes unknowingly, by the teacher. It's too binary for me, at the very least.

The last two semesters I've been very fortunate to have math teachers who actually cared about all of their students learning math. This semester I am not so fortunate. I may not be able to work out the problems as fast as some of the other folks in my class, but overall my grades are better. To quote my chem teacher (he was an awful teacher but it was a good saying) "Persistence beats talent every day of the week."

On the other hand, I do not have a good feeling at all about the test I have to go take right now. I memorize well, buit there are limits. :(

Good luck! Break a leg. Thinking good thoughts. And all that jazz! :)

42,251 to 42,300 of 105,140 << first < prev | 841 | 842 | 843 | 844 | 845 | 846 | 847 | 848 | 849 | 850 | 851 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.