Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

41,801 to 41,850 of 114,464 << first < prev | 832 | 833 | 834 | 835 | 836 | 837 | 838 | 839 | 840 | 841 | 842 | next > last >>

Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Oh, very well. ::Flashes CJ the goods::


1 person marked this as a favorite.
aeglos wrote:

today we took a walk around our church, the Bergkirche. It is the church for 5 villages around the hill it stands on.

The Church is build around 1500 but that hill is sacred ground much longer, the oldest chrtistian church up there was in the 12.th century and there is evidence of a celtic temple.

Behind the church is the old cementry, it was used until 1830. My ancestors ly there
Pics:password Aeglos

Aeglos, if that is your house with the tower, I must kill you and assume your identity...


Dr. Mairkenstein wrote:
aeglos wrote:

today we took a walk around our church, the Bergkirche. It is the church for 5 villages around the hill it stands on.

The Church is build around 1500 but that hill is sacred ground much longer, the oldest chrtistian church up there was in the 12.th century and there is evidence of a celtic temple.

Behind the church is the old cementry, it was used until 1830. My ancestors ly there
Pics:password Aeglos

Aeglos, if that is your house with the tower, I must kill you and assume your identity...

:-) it is the pastoral office/loding

The Exchange

I wouldn't know DDH. I have yet to get any since the responses I got to my first 2.


Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Ah. We call those vicarages or parsonages or rectories. I assume the German word is a compound approx. 39 letters long with lots of linguistic doohickies.


Kingmaker saturday has arrived! MAY ZUCKERBERG TREMBLE!

The Exchange

Freehold DM wrote:
Kingmaker saturday has arrived! MAY ZUCKERBERG TREMBLE!

HUZZAH!! Death to Suckmahberg!.... (It's the best I could do on short notice.)

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Mrgh.

The Exchange

Slow night in FAWTLand huh?


Who you calling slow?!?!?

The Exchange

Soulless Dbag wrote:
Who you calling slow?!?!?

You. With them short stubby little legs don't even try to deny it.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Parenthood means having to wipe asses for a long, long time.

The Exchange

3 people marked this as a favorite.

On another note I was playing LIFE with the kids, and when our daughter got to the part where you get married I put the little blue peg beside her little pink peg in her car. She gives me this look and says "Daddy, I want a pink wife, not a blue one."

Sovereign Court

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Callous Jack: What is the deal with the Rise of the Runelords Bestiary versus the individual volumes?

The individual sets have ALL the monsters and NPCs that you interact with during the course of that particular book, including any monsters used from the bestiary in the back.

The Bestiary set collects ALL the bestiary monsters whether they were in the AP or not. So the Burnt Ashes set has the Goblin Dog and Sinspawn because they are part of the adventure but the Sandpoint Devil is not so it is collected later in the bestiary set (which also has the Goblin Dog and Sinspawn).

I hope that makes sense...

EDIT: Liz always posts in the product description a spoiler button listing of everything in the set and how many.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Oh, very well. ::Flashes CJ the goods::

My eyes! It burns!

Sovereign Court

aeglos wrote:
Dr. Mairkenstein wrote:
aeglos wrote:

today we took a walk around our church, the Bergkirche. It is the church for 5 villages around the hill it stands on.

The Church is build around 1500 but that hill is sacred ground much longer, the oldest chrtistian church up there was in the 12.th century and there is evidence of a celtic temple.

Behind the church is the old cementry, it was used until 1830. My ancestors ly there
Pics:password Aeglos

Aeglos, if that is your house with the tower, I must kill you and assume your identity...
:-) it is the pastoral office/loding

What's that eagle on the pillar represent?

And why was that graveyard (at least I think it was one) so poorly maintained?

The Exchange

What the hell am I still doing awake?

The Exchange

Guess it was a good thing I was, since the boss just broke down and called me on account of his locking himself out of his house. I'll bust his balls about that one later, 3am just isn't the time to rag on your boss.

The Exchange

Now that I think about it, when he got here to get my keys he was in his lounge pants and the chick who drove him over here wasn't his girlfriend Karri.

Am I going to have to kick his ass now?

The Exchange

I think I'm going to sign off for now. G'night FAWTLand, sleep tight and don't let the three headed venomous pyro-bed bugs bite.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
Ah. We call those vicarages or parsonages or rectories. I assume the German word is a compound approx. 39 letters long with lots of linguistic doohickies.

strangly it is a short word (but still a compound): Pfarrhaus

the longest official compound in german is (if I remember correctly):

Donaudampfschifffahrtsgesselschaftskapitänsprüfungsordnungsausschuss

(Danube Steam Boat Association Captains Exam Rule Delegation)


Callous Jack wrote:

What's that eagle on the pillar represent?
And why was that graveyard (at least I think it was one) so poorly maintained?

the eagle is a memorial for the fallen soldiers of our parish in the German-French War of 1870.

the graveyard was no longer used after 1830 and was mostly forgotten or ignored, forest just grew over it
usually german graveyards are re-used, you rent a grave for 30 years and can extend another 30, after that the bones are dug out, put in a mass-grave and another person is burried on that spot

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Morning FAWTLY Folk. Happy Sunday to one and all. Now, if you'll excuse me, I detect an unpleasant aroma coming from the vicinity of my child.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Never mind. False alarm.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Tuesday is the boy's first birthday. No big party planned, since all of our relatives are out of town. We'll probably do some webcam time with them. And we'll shoot some video to put on FB.

We're also thinking of sending a cake to daycare.

The Exchange

Aberzombie wrote:

Tuesday is the boy's first birthday. No big party planned, since all of our relatives are out of town. We'll probably do some webcam time with them. And we'll shoot some video to put on FB.

We're also thinking of sending a cake to daycare.

First birthdays are great, I wish I could go back to them myself. :)

The Exchange

I just thought about this Zombie, save the cake for home, you don't to miss him tearing into his first b-day cake, that's the best part. ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

WWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Moorluck wrote:
I just thought about this Zombie, save the cake for home, you don't to miss him tearing into his first b-day cake, that's the best part. ;)

If we send a cake to daycare, it'd just be one for the staff to cut up and share. We're still planning on having his mess-up cake at home, just for him to tear into and demolish.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

For the last week or so, my boy seems to be favoring me over his mommy. I almost feel bad.

I think, in part, it might be because daddy is usually the one to stay home with him when he's been sick.

But I also like to think it's just because I'm that FAWESOME!


3 hours without post *checks threads pulse*

Silver Crusade Star Voter 2013

Morning, all. What did I miss?

We went to a Ryan Adams concert last night. It was fun.

The Exchange

The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

The Exchange

aeglos wrote:
3 hours without post *checks threads pulse*

Fear not my fine German friend, FAWTL doesn't die, it multiplies!

Scarab Sages

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

Huzzah! And, although Clan Abercrombie is already represented down there, perhaps one day the zombie branch will join you.


AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

Houston is very hot and humid.

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The 8th Dwarf wrote:

Its 1:23 am - I just finished cleaning up after an excellent game of Pathfinder...

Our wizard gunslinger rogue is suffocating and the rest of us are down to one action per turn due to some horrible spell... Our kick ass killer Paladin has been turned into a peace loving hippy, by the BBEG.

We have only dropped one of the monk minions, and the evil cult leading BBEG is at least 4-5 caster levels above us.

Things are looking grim... My witch has a teleport spell we could flee but we would loose the Paladin and maybe a retainer.

Fight or flight - none of my spells have been successful so far... I buffed the Paladin and he has become a pacifist. The BBEG has a massive will save (I am guessing to counter my sleep hex).

Last toss of the dice... before we call it a night, I go with feeble mind not expecting it to work - bam the bad guy fails her save and we sigh with relief.

The GM says he assuming that as her int and charisma are now 1 she is going to act off instinct - Her instinct is to return to her true form....

She turns into a fiendish dragon... A wild instinct driven angry fiendish dragon... We call it a night. Time for my witch to move out of breath weapon range.

Sorry to dash and leave you to clean up man. It was a really good session, I’m sorry I had to make such a quick exit.

That first spell she hit us with was 9th level, so she must have a caster level of 17th or 18th (for those keeping score at home we have four 13th level PCs and two 11th level cohorts vs this BBEG and her squad of fighter and monk defenders).

That feeblemind was awesome – well done 8th Dwarf!

I have an idea to get my peace loving hippy paladin back into the action (at least partially), not sure if GM will go for it though. I think it works by RAW ... did Liella by any chance make a successful spellcraft check to identify the properties of the spell that Nadice hit him with?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Darth Knight wrote:
AH gaming ...when the PC's take clues and come up with some damned weird explanations for them

That's always fun. I reckon our group probably does that a lot.

The Exchange

Aberzombie wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.
Huzzah! And, although Clan Abercrombie is already represented down there, perhaps one day the zombie branch will join you.

That would be Fawesome.

The Exchange

Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

Houston is very hot and humid.

So.... pretty much what I'm used to? I can handle that. ;)


Moorluck wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

Houston is very hot and humid.

So.... pretty much what I'm used to? I can handle that. ;)

(lol)

I can't wait for you to actually find out just exactly what I'm talking about.


We have been talking about moving to the Houston area for 2 years now. Last night we decided that it was time to stop talking about it and just do it! We are aiming for 6 months, being there before the next school year. Now to save like mad men. :)


Floridian friend in Houston.
"Dude. It's hot here."
Me.
"Ayyup."
Friend...
"No. I mean. It's. Really. F#$@ing. Hot here."
Me.
"Ayyup."
Friend....
"No. You don't understand what I'm saying."
Me.
"Ayyyyyup."


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Moorluck wrote:
The way things are shaping by this time next year the Clan Moorluck should be living in Houston TX. The move must be made, gotta get out of this place.

Houston is very hot and humid.

So.... pretty much what I'm used to? I can handle that. ;)

(lol)

I can't wait for you to actually find out just exactly what I'm talking about.

We are used to 100/110 degree heat, our area is all marsh, so its humid and nasty. I think we will be fine. :)


Where you at?

Liberty's Edge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Good stuff Moorluck and Solnes, I hope your move planning and saving goes well? Where are you guys based at the moment?


I prefer the heat to the cold. I could not deal with teh amount of snow that you get NC and up. :P


Spanky the Leprechaun wrote:
Where you at?

Myrtle Beach SC


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Solnes wrote:
I prefer the heat to the cold. I could not deal with teh amount of snow that you get NC and up. :P

I hope so.

Cuz trees drop twenty dollar bills in Texas when dogs walk by.

41,801 to 41,850 of 114,464 << first < prev | 832 | 833 | 834 | 835 | 836 | 837 | 838 | 839 | 840 | 841 | 842 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.