Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

40,151 to 40,200 of 111,349 << first < prev | 799 | 800 | 801 | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 | 808 | 809 | next > last >>
Qadira

dragons!!


Mothman wrote:
Awesome Hottest 100 this year.

I fell asleep well before it got to the end. But it was pretty late here. :)


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Heck, a pack of Marlboros go for $8.50 in the People's Republic of Bastardchusetts now, and even if your state isn't quite as bad as that, it's only a matter of time before they catch up!
In the last days of my working at the gas station, Marlboros were up to around $10.50, and we had the cheapest cigarettes in town.

O_o

I gotta go to pool.

Take care!

Andoran

Bitter Thorn wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Heck, a pack of Marlboros go for $8.50 in the People's Republic of Bastardchusetts now, and even if your state isn't quite as bad as that, it's only a matter of time before they catch up!
In the last days of my working at the gas station, Marlboros were up to around $10.50, and we had the cheapest cigarettes in town.
O_o

Welcome to New York! Now, with higher cigarette taxes, gas taxes, and more laws on the books than any other state in the union!

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

F~&! it. Skipping ahead several pages, miss anything important?

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lynora wrote:
Mothman wrote:
Awesome Hottest 100 this year.
I fell asleep well before it got to the end. But it was pretty late here. :)

Cool that you got to hear some of it anyway!

Andoran

3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

5th anniversary tomorrow. Wanted to do something special, but nothing unique comes to mind. So we're going to Olive Garden for dinner. Since it was where we went to dinner on our wedding day.

Qadira

watching Tales of the Gold Monkey. Great show.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Cards, Companion, Maps, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

Wow. She's pretty damn awesome. You've a right to brag!

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Finally watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Really good movie. I hope they do a follow up.

Andoran

<- Just lost all faith in humanity. Might not be posting or answering the phone for a few days.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
<- Just lost all faith in humanity. Might not be posting or answering the phone for a few days.

Hang in there, Shiny. There are good people out there, hidden behind the azzhats. Taking some time away from the azzhats is a good thing, as long as it isn't so long that you miss finding the good.


Wolfthulhu wrote:
Wow. She's pretty damn awesome. You've a right to brag!

Thank you, sir. :)

Shadow Lodge

TriOmegaZero wrote:
5th anniversary tomorrow. Wanted to do something special, but nothing unique comes to mind. So we're going to Olive Garden for dinner. Since it was where we went to dinner on our wedding day.

Congratulations! Glad you returned stateside in time to celebrate it.

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber

And I get a speeding ticket on the way back from class. I was doing so well too.

And thanks Tordek. Maybe I'll be blessed enough to never miss another one.

Silver Crusade

Emperor7 wrote:

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Good stuff. I bet she'd get a kick out of this. Be sure to pay attention at around 1:05 - after most of the solo is over.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Good stuff. I bet she'd get a kick out of this. Be sure to pay attention at around 1:05 - after most of the solo is over.

Wow. What a trooper!

My daughter was grossed out by it though. Good job!


Pathfinder Tales Subscriber

Clearly, Shiny has not been hanging around me enough lately.

Spoiler:
Seriously, hang in there, Shiny.

Qadira

1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
<- Just lost all faith in humanity. Might not be posting or answering the phone for a few days.

Good thing us FAWTLies aren't part of humanity. :/


Day 2 over, I'ma be honest, gave in and had a couple of Kirk's, but I don't feel guilty. A couple in 2 days.. when I was smoking a pack or more in a day... pretty damn good. Bring on day 3!

Silver Crusade

Mmmm. Baked macaroni and cheese.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Solnes wrote:
Day 2 over, I'ma be honest, gave in and had a couple of Kirk's, but I don't feel guilty. A couple in 2 days.. when I was smoking a pack or more in a day... pretty damn good. Bring on day 3!

Good luck to both of you going forward.

Andoran

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
<- Just lost all faith in humanity. Might not be posting or answering the phone for a few days.

What did humanity do now?


Emperor7 wrote:

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Woah, she's awesome! And if anybody doubts that, I challenge them to spend a few minutes trying to play a drum set. It ain't easy. Congrats to her on a great performance.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Solnes wrote:
Day 2 over, I'ma be honest, gave in and had a couple of Kirk's, but I don't feel guilty. A couple in 2 days.. when I was smoking a pack or more in a day... pretty damn good. Bring on day 3!

You are absolutely right, going from a pack or more to just a couple is a great success. You've got the right attitude.I think your going to make it. Keep it up!

Shadow Lodge

Emperor7 wrote:

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Great stuff E7!

Qadira

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Things you didn't know about Firefly I have to say though, that Outlaw Star had to have been more than a coincidence. Whedon saying he never heard of the show and it having that many plot points the same is just silly. Also I think it has more similarities than just the few pointed out on this page.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Treppa wrote:
Emperor7 wrote:

Some of you may notice that I brag about my daughter's drumming skills every now and then. Here's a sample -

Buddy Rich's Channel One Suite

The big solo is about the 8 minute mark, but she has mini solos throughout the song. Enjoy!

Woah, she's awesome! And if anybody doubts that, I challenge them to spend a few minutes trying to play a drum set. It ain't easy. Congrats to her on a great performance.

Thanks, all. And that selection is 11 minutes long in total! The band director selected that one especially for Haley to get a chance to shine. It helped her turn one of the dark corners she wrestled with last spring.

Though she skipped out on Marching Band in the fall, she's happy to be back for Jazz and Symphonic. It seems that a number of her percusssionists really missed her leadership/skills. Too bad they weren't very supportive of her before, but it's a good life lesson for them all.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
<- Just lost all faith in humanity. Might not be posting or answering the phone for a few days.

whose you wants me to visit, boss?


Solnes wrote:
Day 2 over, I'ma be honest, gave in and had a couple of Kirk's, but I don't feel guilty. A couple in 2 days.. when I was smoking a pack or more in a day... pretty damn good. Bring on day 3!

its only normal (and some say necessary) to regress a bit during recovery. But you have to keep going forward.


Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but whedons constant and unconvincing denials are part of the reason I hate him so much. Imitation is flattery only when it is confessed to, otherwise it is plagiaristic and insulting.

Crimson Jester wrote:
Things you didn't know about Firefly I have to say though, that Outlaw Star had to have been more than a coincidence. Whedon saying he never heard of the show and it having that many plot points the same is just silly. Also I think it has more similarities than just the few pointed out on this page.


hi everyone

weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnd

Qadira

Freehold DM wrote:
Not sure if I've mentioned it before, but whedons constant and unconvincing denials are part of the reason I hate him so much. Imitation is flattery only when it is confessed to, otherwise it is plagiaristic and insulting.
Crimson Jester wrote:
Things you didn't know about Firefly I have to say though, that Outlaw Star had to have been more than a coincidence. Whedon saying he never heard of the show and it having that many plot points the same is just silly. Also I think it has more similarities than just the few pointed out on this page.

Stealing from one source is plagiarism, stealing from multiple sources is research. Just remember to source your research.

my guess is it was legalese to prevent having to pay royalties or fines or whatnot. Still. :/

Qadira

aeglos wrote:

hi everyone

weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnd

dang future living mutants.

Qadira

Rain, rain came today, I didn't feel like trenching anyway. :/


Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:

hi everyone

weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnd

dang future living mutants.

but you will still have weekend when I am already in monday

Qadira

aeglos wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
aeglos wrote:

hi everyone

weeeeeeeeekeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnnnnd

dang future living mutants.
but you will still have weekend when I am already in monday

I got 3 kids dude. I don't get weekends, I get two days of absolutely no rest or sanity... O.o

Taldor

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber

Why must my cats constantly find new and exciting places to throw up? I would be perfectly happy if they'd stick to the tile floor.

Taldor

Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I'm pretty frugal. It's why I can't afford to ** spoiler omitted **

I thought you just smoked those plants you grow in your basement...


Because it's fun! Pebbles used to kill several mice around the house, but would only leave the ones she was especially proud of at the foot of my moms bed. The others were prizes we would find later.

Jess Door wrote:
Why must my cats constantly find new and exciting places to throw up? I would be perfectly happy if they'd stick were prizes we would find later. to the tile floor.

Andoran Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Freehold DM wrote:
Because it's fun! Pebbles used to kill several mice around the house, but would only leave the ones she was especially proud of at the foot of my moms bed. The others were prizes we would find later.
Jess Door wrote:
Why must my cats constantly find new and exciting places to throw up? I would be perfectly happy if they'd stick were prizes we would find later. to the tile floor.

Weird, my wife had a cat named Pebbles, which became "my" cat after we got married. She never killed mice, though. :)

Andoran Contributor, RPG Superstar 2012

Also, hi everyone! I hope you are all doing OK.

Kristin, I'm glad to see that you and Kirk are trying to kick the habit. I watched as the things killed my mom, but she wasn't going to give them up. I wish you success in your attempt.

E7, I'm glad your daughter is doing so well in her musical pursuits! My son plans to study music in college (he graduates from HS in June), and he was excited to find out he got immediately selected for a festival put on by his #1 college choice.


Callous Jack wrote:
Mairkurion {tm} wrote:
I'm pretty frugal. It's why I can't afford to ** spoiler omitted **
I thought you just smoked those plants you grow in your basement...

Duuuuuuuuude...

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*blink*

[Paully D]Weekend's here![/Paully D]

Gawddamnned monsoon in late January , 57 degrees and stormy. Meh, it beats snowpack by a country mile.....

*blink*

Silver Crusade

Morning, all. What did I miss?

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Morning, all. What did I miss?

Well, Charlie's visit to the doctor meant that Scott got in to work late, thus missing the flock of seagulls that burst through a window and ravaged the office. Meanwhile, Sam received a suprise at his own first visit to a new doctor, when he was informed that the lumps on his back were actually vestigila wings that had never actually grown out. And, across town, Carl decided that a chimpanzee would.....No, wait! That's my soap opera

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

In other news: took Charlie to an Ear/Nose/Throat specialist, and an eye doctor today. Luckily, both were located at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, aka Chop. Which, when you think about it, is a really creepy nickname for a medical center.

Anyway, these visits had been recommendations from his pediatrician due to his recurrent ear infection, snot nose, and goopy/puffy eyes, something that's happend at least 4 times since November.

The verdict: His eyes look good, but the duct that drains tears is likely getting swollen. For his ears, the doc recommended tubes, so we scheduled that. All in all, the little dude did well.

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Gruumash . wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:
Doodlebug Anklebiter wrote:
Patrick Curtin wrote:

Oh yah. I agree there. No politician has a bad word to say about raising taxes on beer, wine and cigs. Especially here.

Either that's sarcasm or we don't hang out with the same Mass-holes. My money's on the former.

Sorry, unclear when typed, now fixed. The common Mass-hole hates new taxes, yet continues to vote the same d-bags right back into office. I never got it. It would be one thing if they actually used the sin taxes to fund treatment facilities and such, but all that money is soooo ...tempting. And there's just a whole bunch of shovel-ready sh!t left to do! Hey maybe we can have new markers for every .01 of a mile along the highway! Naah, that's stimulus-level funding. We'll have to settle for the Speaker Sal DiMasi memorial prison wing....

Ah that's the Patrick I know and love. It is nice to hear there are still some of us still around. I have me problems with Massachusetts but there are few other places I would rather live in the US.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love my state. It's politics on the other hand...meh, three speakers of the house indicted in a row? I mean, WTF? I'd rather live on Cape Cod than anywhere else I've lived. Even Monterey CA didn't come close


time to brew the coffee for friday nights "crypt of the everflame"

40,151 to 40,200 of 111,349 << first < prev | 799 | 800 | 801 | 802 | 803 | 804 | 805 | 806 | 807 | 808 | 809 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.