Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

181,151 to 181,200 of 200,733 << first < prev | 3619 | 3620 | 3621 | 3622 | 3623 | 3624 | 3625 | 3626 | 3627 | 3628 | 3629 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

That's the problem with big groups: They're too unwieldy for good roleplaying with the NPCs, so unless they interact with each other there's virtually no roleplay at all (that's our table), combats take forever, and everyone sits there thinking that it's a mediocre, tolerable game.

But no one's willing to leave.

So we have enough people to have two really fun groups. Instead we have one overcrowded group. Feh.

Yeah, I'm going to run into this if they bring in other possible kid. There are 6 in the Rainbow, potentially 7. Granted, it usually 3-4 because some are very hit and miss about showing up.

I'm streamlining things with fiat leveling rather than XP and removing some encounters here and there, but it is a worry. I don't think I could send potential babyGM off on her own with them yet, so we remain a large group and see how things go.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

That's the problem with big groups: They're too unwieldy for good roleplaying with the NPCs, so unless they interact with each other there's virtually no roleplay at all (that's our table), combats take forever, and everyone sits there thinking that it's a mediocre, tolerable game.

But no one's willing to leave.

So we have enough people to have two really fun groups. Instead we have one overcrowded group. Feh.

Yeah, I'm going to run into this if they bring in other possible kid. There are 6 in the Rainbow, potentially 7. Granted, it usually 3-4 because some are very hit and miss about showing up.

I'm streamlining things with fiat leveling rather than XP and removing some encounters here and there, but it is a worry. I don't think I could send potential babyGM off on her own with them yet, so we remain a large group and see how things go.

isn't remaining clothed while gaming a good idea?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
isn't remaining clothed while gaming a good idea?

I present you with this.

I further present you with the explanation.

Some brain scrubbing may be required after that. My apologies.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
isn't remaining clothed while gaming a good idea?

I present you with this.

I further present you with the explanation.

Some brain scrubbing may be required after that. My apologies.

....okaaaaaay....


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Sure do wish we could hibernate until next weekend.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've always felt less is better when it comes to clothes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Hey, Lynora, have you ever ordered yarn through JoAnn.com?
First time I've done it and I'm really regretting it. Placed the order on the 1st, it shipped out on the 4th, and it's taken a week to go from Michigan to Wisconsin to Illinois to Kansas to New Mexico. Now I know why they only charge 1.99 to ship.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

But imagine the yarn it'll spin when it arrives!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I got a prime parking spot at Tiny T-Rex's school, and i only arrived 15 minutes early.


8 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber

Signs that You May Not Be So Good at this Curriculum Development Thing #1284:
- The word count on a slide you developed exceeds 1000

You know, seriously! When you had to reduce the font in the diagram to 4-point, that really SHOULD have told you something!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

....how


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Maybe it's a devious company plot to secretly test your eye sight, and patience.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Or, maybe the person oversold his abilities when he applied?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

They thought, 'A picture paints a thousand words. I can't paint, so...'


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Oh yay, the rain is switching to ice, just because I decided to pick the General up from work.

That 5 minute drive in rush hour traffic and ideal weather turns into a 10 minute commute real fast.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I once got her to work in two and a half minutes, it would've been two but that person in a minivan got in my way briefly.

F*~!ing a&*+%%%!

The Exchange

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Limeylongears wrote:
Black pudding saves butcher trapped in freezer

The sad thing when I saw the headline was me wondering why the black pudding didn't eat him up.

But my dad once to adjust the temperature setting of the freezer had to turn off the freezer for 4 hours and get a hair dryer to blow the button to heat it(it had gotten frozen stuck) just to get the button unfrozen, so I can understand how the safety button can get frozen over.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
Limeylongears wrote:
Black pudding saves butcher trapped in freezer
The sad thing when I saw the headline was me wondering why the black pudding didn't eat him up.

I'm not alone!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Just a Mort wrote:
Freehold DM - I have this urge to throw tentacled things at my party. I don't quite understand why but I just feel like doing it >.<

pours mort some wine, verifies her marriage status

Do go on...

Not married. Single with BF. I think my urge to throw tentacled things at players is so they can be grappled and swallowed whole.

And eaten. Characters are like chocolate. They taste so good but you feel so guilty eating them afterwards.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vanykrye wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
isn't remaining clothed while gaming a good idea?

I present you with this.

I further present you with the explanation.

Some brain scrubbing may be required after that. My apologies.

You could play naked if you were on a game on Roll20 virtual tabletop with voice only, no camera. Heck, no one would even notice you're naked.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

GMing and many players. We'll it's a testament to your good GMing skills that the players like your game and want their friends to have an opportunity to play too!

That's how I feel about it.

I only run 4 player games because I will need to have every rule done to its nitty gritty detail and more then that, I can't be anal enough for my satisfaction and will likely miss things out. Also, APs were meant for 4 players and I don't run my APs like walks in the park. There should be an element of challenge and the risk of dying involved.

And I can't adjust APs. I has limited ability to homebrew.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I wouldn't call what I do homebrewing, but I definitely change things up every once in awhile with APs.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I’ll adjust the AP as I deem necessary since people have varying levels of cheese. If I ran the AP as written, chances are some guy will happily solo it, leaving the rest of the table having nothing to do.

I did tell them (at least for AP work), not to overdo the cheese button (so as not to let others feel like scrubs), but again I’m a s*cker for player freedoms so I generally let them do whatever they want and don’t judge what cheese they bring(as long as it's all legal).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Hey, Lynora, have you ever ordered yarn through JoAnn.com?

First time I've done it and I'm really regretting it. Placed the order on the 1st, it shipped out on the 4th, and it's taken a week to go from Michigan to Wisconsin to Illinois to Kansas to New Mexico. Now I know why they only charge 1.99 to ship.

I'll have some yarn information for you on Sunday. It may be redundant, but still.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

The Little-Known Patterns on British Streets


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
Rosita the Riveter wrote:

I'm gonna have fun at US Customs today. I know damn well my bags are getting searched, and repacking will be a pain. I know I'm getting searched because the tax free allowance for bringing alcohol into the US is 1 liter, and I have about 5 liters. The tax itself won't be too bad. For beer, it's something like 45 cents per liter. It's just time consuming.

Ah, well. I have an 8 hour layover in Los Angeles, so I have time for this, and I am well forewarned.

In my experience, life is actually *much* easier when you have something to declare. The border agents just assume that if you're bothering to declare something, then you're an honest, lawful person, so they don't spend much time checking anything else.

Just be open, friendly, and helpful and you can sometimes get through the line even faster than the non-delcarers!

I am now firmly convinced that LAX is Satan's a*~*%*~. The line for passport check for US Citizens took an hour and a half of just standing, and there was no cell service or wifi, and everybody in line with connections is freaking out. Then I finally get to the border control agent, and he's looking at me like I've personally insulted him, he's talking to me as little as possible, and doesn't really care about whether I have things to declare or not. I ended up not paying the tax by sheer virtue of the fact that he basically didn't do any of the customs portion of his job. Which, after that line, made me super glad I didn't have to get my bags checked.

Then I went through TSA screening twice because the airport staff couldn't figure out whether I needed to be in Terminal B, 2, or 3 (the correct answer was 3, but my boarding pass clearly said 2), and for the first time, I actually ran into a TSA agent who was just an unmitigated jackass. She got pissed at me for following the instructions a different agent gave me because she didn't like the instructions (and she heard them being given), lined me out because the metal detector was going off (same thing happened in Paris and at a couple museums, nobody could figure out why there and just did a pat down) and stood me there repeatedly interrogating me about what I'm hiding in my pockets (LITERALLY NOTHING) and why the detector is going off after I told her this has been a frequent issue and I don't know, she then snapped at me and a bunch of other passengers because she was giving 4 different people orders and nobody could figure out who she was talking to, then she got pissed at me and the TSA agent next to me because I was trying to get my stuff off the belt and ended up in the staff only area (it was hard to find a place to stand, and the sign actually wasn't obvious like she thought). I got the very strong impression that she was pissing off the other TSA agents, too, but it also felt like she was in charge, so they couldn't do anything about it.

Then you finally get into the airport, and there's no fast food places or quick restaurants, every meal is well over $20 and has to be cooked, and there's VERY few choices. So glad I had a very long layover in that respect. Not so much in other respects. There's very little seating compared to the number of passengers, and too much open, unutilized space. Having to spend a while standing on a long layover, especially with nothing to do, sucks. And nobody can figure out how to get their devices onto the free airport wifi.

It is literally the worst airport I've ever seen.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It is brutally cold outside.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

The morning I spent in Salt Lake City while waiting for my flight to Europe was colder than anywhere I visited in Europe. Also had the only snow I saw.

It is actually way too warm in California right now. Like, "this should not be, and the climate change implications are really worrying" warm. I understand everybody caught in the massive freak snowstorms that seem a yearly occurence now probably thinks that hilarious, but the freak storms are also bad, and a symptom of climate change. In fact, it's why global warming is a really bad term to use, and isn't preferred by scientists.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Schadenfreude meter is up to eleven.

This evening's shipping notification tells me that my package is currently stuck in Ash Fork, Arizona, which means I know EXACTLY what crappy motel the truck driver is spending the night in.

And I am such an A$$hat that I am chuckling about it out loud and am suddenly okay with the package being so late, because the guy is doing serious penance for whatever crimes he may have committed in this or indeed a series of past lives.

Edit: No, seriously, it's that bad. My family and I stayed there for two nights when we went to the Grand Canyon on our way to visit the grandparents two years ago, and it's the kind of place that's $29/night for a family of four, and there were someone else's used rubbers on the carpet when we walked in. It was what we could afford.

Edit #2: The only worse motel I've stayed in was in Gallup, NM. We pulled off the interstate during a blizzard on our way to Santa Fe for Christmas twenty years ago, and there were holes in the door big enough to put your arm through and I got mildly electrocuted by the shower taps. As in Taser-level degree of electric shock. Which they denied was possible.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Yes it is.

Edit: Reply to CY.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting Subscriber
Rosita the Riveter wrote:

I am now firmly convinced that LAX is Satan's a~*@~##. The line for passport check for US Citizens took an hour and a half of just standing, and there was no cell service or wifi, and everybody in line with connections is freaking out. Then I finally get to the border control agent, and he's looking at me like I've personally insulted him, he's talking to me as little as possible, and doesn't really care about whether I have things to declare or not. I ended up not paying the tax by sheer virtue of the fact that he basically didn't do any of the customs portion of his job. Which, after that line, made me super glad I didn't have to get my bags checked.

Then I went through TSA screening twice because the airport staff couldn't figure out whether I needed to be in Terminal B, 2, or 3 (the correct answer was 3, but my boarding pass clearly said 2), and for the first time, I actually ran into a TSA agent who was just an unmitigated jackass. She got pissed at me for following the instructions a different agent gave me because she didn't like the instructions (and she heard them being given), lined me out because the metal...

Ugh, yeah. LAX is legendary in its horrificness. I'm born and raised in California, flown all over the country and the world, and avoided LAX like the plague. I think we went through it ONCE, and it lived up to its legend. Even when I used to have to teach down in LA at least once a month I drove instead of flying.

I'm sorry. LAX is the worst.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Schadenfreude meter is up to eleven.

This evening's shipping notification tells me that my package is currently stuck in Ash Fork, Arizona, which means I know EXACTLY what crappy motel the truck driver is spending the night in.

And I am such an A$$hat that I am chuckling about it out loud and am suddenly okay with the package being so late, because the guy is doing serious penance for whatever crimes he may have committed in this or indeed a series of past lives.

Edit: No, seriously, it's that bad. My family and I stayed there for two nights when we went to the Grand Canyon on our way to visit the grandparents two years ago, and it's the kind of place that's $29/night for a family of four, and there were someone else's used rubbers on the carpet when we walked in. It was what we could afford.

Edit #2: The only worse motel I've stayed in was in Gallup, NM. We pulled off the interstate during a blizzard on our way to Santa Fe for Christmas twenty years ago, and there were holes in the door big enough to put your arm through and I got mildly electrocuted by the shower taps. As in Taser-level degree of electric shock. Which they denied was possible.

its weird. The bad hotels i have been in were the fancy old ones that couldn't be upkept, not the tiny holes in the wall.

Also...wouldnt it be worse if you went in and it was your own used rubbers on the floor?

Of a hotel you never went to before....

twilight zone music


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've been to O'Hare and Sea-Tac.

I much prefer Sea-Tac.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

I've been to O'Hare and Sea-Tac.

I much prefer Sea-Tac.

Dallas Fort Worth and Denver International are my favorites.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

JFK FOR THE WIN BROOKLYN BROOKLYN BROOKLYN BROOKLYN


4 people marked this as a favorite.

So, I'm one of those people who really likes to have something in my hand to fidget with. And, for some odd reason, my favorite such objects are knives. Which is why I own several, including a few that don't really have practical uses. I essentially spend time playing with sharp knives (an unmaintained tool would be an insult to my late grandfather) on a daily basis, and I don't cut myself.

Oh, but you give me a plastic knife, a dinner roll, and a pad of butter on the airplane, and I'll put a nice gash in my palm.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Miami International is hands-down my least favorite. And I've been stranded there overnight more than once. JFK I like. Rome Airport, I saw a carabinieri playing a game with a three-year-old, using the red dot from the laser sight on his weapon in the way you would play with a cat. The child loved it. It was creepy.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:
Miami International is hands-down my least favorite. And I've been stranded there overnight more than once. JFK I like. Rome Airport, I saw a carabinieri playing a game with a three-year-old, using the red dot from the laser sight on his weapon in the way you would play with a cat. The child loved it. It was creepy.

NOPENOPENOPE I may have a probably-unwise fondness for playing with knives and axes and similar implements, but that's about 3 bridges too far. Playing with blades gives me the occasional minor laceration. Playing with guns kills people. Seriously, how do so many trained firearms professionals not grasp the "Don't point a g%!&@&n gun at things you aren't ready and willing to put a bullet into" principle? Not to mention that specific "game" most certainly is creepy.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

LM - were there any bed bugs or mites? If I found someone's used rubbers in the hotel room I'd just grab them and throw them into the bin. Again in high-school we were told to clean a beach and found used rubbers washed up on it. Underwear too.

If a job has to be done, it has to be done.

Electric shock is bad.

I don't play with knives because with my dumped Dex I'd probably cut myself. Haven't done so for a while chopping stuff up, though.

Grand Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

What was the one I went through up north? It had a super cool rainbow walled walkway underground between terminals. Felt like we were walking the Bifrost.

Edit: Detroit, that was it.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Yep, pretty damn boring. Four hours on shift and the most I have done is add a new laptop to the domain.

Okay, I do still have some ticket maintenance to do, but I have four more hours before anyone else shows up. I'm not really in a hurry.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

~curses up a storm~ Well, so much for buying a new video card anytime soon. Thanks a bunch, cryptocurrency miners for driving the video card prices up so much.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ahhhh. Overtime, how I need thee and yet how I loathe thee!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Item One: I don't mind driving on ice (my stint in Nebraska taught me much!), but if the boss ain't goin' to work, neither can I. And that means I'm unlikely to get my paycheck till Monday or Tuesday. *gripegrumblefuss*

Item Two: I've only ever flown *within* the US -- O'hare, Twin Cities, LAX, Memphis, BNA (Nashville), Love Field (Dallas). Oh, and Denver. *Hated* Love Field -- but that may have been more due to having a 20-minute layover and needing to beat feet to the other end of the airport (granted, I got lost as a goose for quite a minute, there, but that was even weirder since my sense of direction has *always* been amazing -- I'm blaming Texas). The four times I've been in LAX have been cakewalks -- but is that just because I didn't have to jump through the international flight hoops? Memphis International is . . . well, it's so small you can handle it while blind *and* staggering drunk. I really like Denver and Minne/St. Paul -- I guess it's the sprawl and the clear sight lines (unlike Love). Scarcely remember O'hare -- long layover and a book to read -- but it was *huge*.

Worst experience ever?? BNA. I *hate* that airport. More than Love Field. Long story short: the jackbooted thugs of the TSA put their hands on my gaming dice. Each and every one of them. And then they repacked 'em wrong. Jackasses!

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

MSP was not bad. Other than DelayCon getting out of GenCon.

No overtime here this pay period. I imagine once I get back on days I'll collect some, given our staffing problem.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Homemade sourdough bread in the oven. Can't wait. But I'm gonna have to.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Miami International is hands-down my least favorite. And I've been stranded there overnight more than once. JFK I like. Rome Airport, I saw a carabinieri playing a game with a three-year-old, using the red dot from the laser sight on his weapon in the way you would play with a cat. The child loved it. It was creepy.
NOPENOPENOPE I may have a probably-unwise fondness for playing with knives and axes and similar implements, but that's about 3 bridges too far. Playing with blades gives me the occasional minor laceration. Playing with guns kills people. Seriously, how do so many trained firearms professionals not grasp the "Don't point a g%#@+$n gun at things you aren't ready and willing to put a bullet into" principle? Not to mention that specific "game" most certainly is creepy.

The red dot was never on the child, just various points on the floor. The biggest danger would probably have been from ricochet. If he had been doing it with a pocket laser pointer, I would have thought he was a great guy. Because the red dot was the sight on his firearm, it turned my stomach. This was twenty-four years ago and the image still lodges in my brain.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Bread is out of the oven and cooling. Soon I shall be able to partake.

It smells so good.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It is cold, but what really sucks is the f*+@ing wind gusts.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I could go for some warm sourdough about now.

181,151 to 181,200 of 200,733 << first < prev | 3619 | 3620 | 3621 | 3622 | 3623 | 3624 | 3625 | 3626 | 3627 | 3628 | 3629 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.