Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

177,551 to 177,600 of 192,373 << first < prev | 3547 | 3548 | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | next > last >>

A bit of a tangent, but if any of your are scotch fans

I'll recommend taking a look at the Old Pulteney line.

Just had a couple of glasses of the "cheap" 12 year old, and it was a pleasant, smooth-ish drink.

Edit.:
Seems the scotch made all my clothes disappear...
And still no Kile, to show my stuff off to.
Sigh!
Well there are others...
*Puts on his best Val Venis impression*
"Hello ladies!!!"


I had Old Pulteny. My mother brought me home a bottle from my brother's wedding in Scotland. You doing alright, Kjel?


Now I find myself wanting another bottle.


Kjeldorn wrote:

A bit of a tangent, but if any of your are scotch fans

I'll recommend taking a look at the Old Pulteney line.

Just had a couple of glasses of the "cheap" 12 year old, and it was a pleasant, smooth-ish drink.

Edit.:
Seems the scotch made all my clothes disappear...
And still no Kile, to show my stuff off to.
Sigh!
Well there are others...
*Puts on his best Val Venis impression*
"Hello ladies!!!"

i loooooooved val venis.

Loved his money shot/five star frog splash!


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Because they've gone with red and green shirts this season and they ran out of the green shirts all the new people have red shirts on.

And none of them get my Star Trek references. >:-(

Clearly I need to send some of them out for carts...


2 people marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
I had Old Pulteny. My mother brought me home a bottle from my brother's wedding in Scotland. You doing alright, Kjel?

Mostly alright...

The usual Christmas stress and anxiety. Really busy at work lately as my babies, haven't taken to the cold wet Danish winter weather very well.
I haven't fared much better, as I've been fighting a losing battle against a particular vicious cold for little over a week now.
But all in all its okay, just annoyance upon annoyance.

And thanks for asking John. I'm not very good at doing the same, so I hope your alright too.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Kjeldorn wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
I had Old Pulteny. My mother brought me home a bottle from my brother's wedding in Scotland. You doing alright, Kjel?

Mostly alright...

The usual Christmas stress and anxiety. Really busy at work lately as my babies, haven't taken to the cold wet Danish winter weather very well.
I haven't fared much better, as I've been fighting a losing battle against a particular vicious cold for little over a week now.
But all in all its okay, just annoyance upon annoyance.

And thanks for asking John. I'm not very good at doing the same, so I hope your alright too.

Doing well enough, considering.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Captain Yesterday, Brut Squad wrote:

Because they've gone with red and green shirts this season and they ran out of the green shirts all the new people have red shirts on.

And none of them get my Star Trek references. >:-(

Clearly I need to send some of them out for carts...

Will you warn them about the Klingons?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Well I had a history teacher Mister Baltz who wanted the rosetta stone to read my handwriting.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
doctor_wu wrote:
Well I had a history teacher Mister Baltz who wanted the rosetta stone to read my handwriting.

Was it that bad, or was it just his opinion that it was?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Why I Love Impus Major #238: (or whatever)

His Spanish teacher is making them do one of those horrific white elephant gift exchanges for the last day of class before break tomorrow. The rules are simple: The gift has to be store-bought, cost between $1 and $15, and be wrapped.

So Impus Major is buying a watermelon, and having me pack it in a nice box so it won't roll around (or move at all), and NobodysWife wrap it (she takes wrapping to a new level of art form -- if you have to use more than one piece of tape, it's ruined. And if you have to use a piece of tape at all, you could have done better).

Then tomorrow he's going to sit back and enjoy watching his classmates squabble over the heavy, beautifully-wrapped "gift".

And yep, it matches all of her criteria.

I have been advised to tell you to include salt packets in this.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
doctor_wu wrote:
Well I had a history teacher Mister Baltz who wanted the rosetta stone to read my handwriting.
Was it that bad, or was it just his opinion that it was?

That bad and still is.

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I'm sniffling at home with a cold.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Just a Mort wrote:
I'm sniffling at home with a cold.

*Gift wraps some catnip.*

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Scintillae wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Why I Love Impus Major #238: (or whatever)

His Spanish teacher is making them do one of those horrific white elephant gift exchanges for the last day of class before break tomorrow. The rules are simple: The gift has to be store-bought, cost between $1 and $15, and be wrapped.

So Impus Major is buying a watermelon, and having me pack it in a nice box so it won't roll around (or move at all), and NobodysWife wrap it (she takes wrapping to a new level of art form -- if you have to use more than one piece of tape, it's ruined. And if you have to use a piece of tape at all, you could have done better).

Then tomorrow he's going to sit back and enjoy watching his classmates squabble over the heavy, beautifully-wrapped "gift".

And yep, it matches all of her criteria.

I have been advised to tell you to include salt packets in this.

So I just tonight learned that some people put salt on their watermelons.

Why. Why why why why why.

How many FAWTLfolk are looking at me like I'm crazy for not already knowing this? And how many are sitting here going "ewwwwwwwwwww" with me?

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

People take salt with their Tequila. I have no idea why. The lime I can understand - it adds zest.

Again it takes all kinds of people to make the world... including those with questionable taste ;)


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've never tried watermelon salt, but it sounds like a better idea than ketchup on eggs.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

:P


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Orthos wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Why I Love Impus Major #238: (or whatever)

His Spanish teacher is making them do one of those horrific white elephant gift exchanges for the last day of class before break tomorrow. The rules are simple: The gift has to be store-bought, cost between $1 and $15, and be wrapped.

So Impus Major is buying a watermelon, and having me pack it in a nice box so it won't roll around (or move at all), and NobodysWife wrap it (she takes wrapping to a new level of art form -- if you have to use more than one piece of tape, it's ruined. And if you have to use a piece of tape at all, you could have done better).

Then tomorrow he's going to sit back and enjoy watching his classmates squabble over the heavy, beautifully-wrapped "gift".

And yep, it matches all of her criteria.

I have been advised to tell you to include salt packets in this.

So I just tonight learned that some people put salt on their watermelons.

Why. Why why why why why.

How many FAWTLfolk are looking at me like I'm crazy for not already knowing this? And how many are sitting here going "ewwwwwwwwwww" with me?

I'm with you.

Of course, I also have no comprehension how people can have tequila at all, which apparently tastes terrible to everyone (from what I gather reading articles on it) (or any kind of alcohol, really, but I've lost too many family members to be accepting of that or cigarettes, so).

I'm similarly blah on katsup on eggs.

I would, however, be willing to try katsup on eggs and salt on watermelon once, each, to see if my opinion changes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

What are you doing with cats now?

Surely not making ketchup, that's made out of tomatoes (supposedly).

Dark Archive

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I need some opinions guys, which of these minis would work for Star Finder or Star Wars?

Thanks!!!

The Exchange

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Ketchup on eggs does happen here. They ketchup everything, you know. Again, not my style.

I've heard watermelon and tuna is good, but again, I'm a cat.

I drink and eat nearly everything.(Just added scorpion to the list). Looking at the seven sins, it'd be Wrath and gluttony. The rest, meh. What are those?

Greed? Not a loot greedy fk
Sloth? It's hard to catch me idling. Too much energy.
Pride? Well possibly, but it's not as if I have a huge ego or something. Down to earth sort, ye know.
Envy? In the past yes, now I'm happy with what I have.
Lust? You gotta be kidding me.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Yeah, ketchup on eggs (especially Scrambled Eggs) is pretty standard where I grew up.

Sloth and Gluttony would probably be my vices, with Lust likewise the one that affects me least.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

I have a pretty good idea what my two are.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
baron arem heshvaun wrote:

I need some opinions guys, which of these minis would work for Star Finder or Star Wars?

Thanks!!!

The Zero-hour Starship miniatures would work for both. The Vega looks like a Corellian design.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ketchup on eggs is horrid.

My sins are lust and...wrath? I'm a vengeful sort, and do not forgive. I guess thats wrathful.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Vengeance definitely falls under Wrath, yeah. Though I could also see an excuse for it in Pride: "How DARE someone do this to ME, they will pay!"


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

Why I Love Impus Major #238: (or whatever)

His Spanish teacher is making them do one of those horrific white elephant gift exchanges for the last day of class before break tomorrow. The rules are simple: The gift has to be store-bought, cost between $1 and $15, and be wrapped.

So Impus Major is buying a watermelon, and having me pack it in a nice box so it won't roll around (or move at all), and NobodysWife wrap it (she takes wrapping to a new level of art form -- if you have to use more than one piece of tape, it's ruined. And if you have to use a piece of tape at all, you could have done better).

Then tomorrow he's going to sit back and enjoy watching his classmates squabble over the heavy, beautifully-wrapped "gift".

And yep, it matches all of her criteria.

I have been advised to tell you to include salt packets in this.

So I just tonight learned that some people put salt on their watermelons.

Why. Why why why why why.

How many FAWTLfolk are looking at me like I'm crazy for not already knowing this? And how many are sitting here going "ewwwwwwwwwww" with me?

salt adds a bit of tang, but its easy to overdo. It should be a literal sprinkle of salt.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Scintillae wrote:
I mean, come on. There are much more subtle and effective ways to pad length if you want to change font size. You just do it to all the periods/spaces.

...

Did not realize that.
Padding electronic doc text file with font sizrs is meaningless since invention of word count anyway...

Font size is for amateurs.

Very subtle kerning adjustment will take you further


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:
Vengeance definitely falls under Wrath, yeah. Though I could also see an excuse for it in Pride: "How DARE someone do this to ME, they will pay!"

nah, I'm not that kind of wrathful.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Captain Literal wrote:

What are you doing with cats now?

Surely not making ketchup, that's made out of tomatoes (supposedly).

Hey! I spelled it with a "k" - none of this "c" business! It's totally legit~!

(As is ketchup and catsup.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I'm not really up on what's a sin these days, but I'll take all of them, please.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You know, I'm wondering if the amount of time I spend sorting through and arranging the bacon ends and pieces from Trader Joe's before I can slice them up is really worth the price savings of buying them over regular slab bacon. Especially with as much fat as you get.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

People don't want to do anything for themselves anymore.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Considering my back hurts whenever I chop stuff, no, I don't particularly want to spend a prolonged time doing it.

Grand Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Why do something poorly when you can stimulate the economy by paying someone skilled to do it well?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
I'm not really up on what's a sin these days, but I'll take all of them, please.

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints...you know that only the good die young!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yay posted pfs feast of ravenmore recruitment. TriOmegaZero is wanted there as I know it is one you have not done.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

You know, I don't get how I can work retail on my feet all day, whether it's running a cash register, lugging merchandise up and down ladders, or banding low to stock or unlock cages, and leave with my back feeling fine, but if I stand at a cash register and wrap merchandise, or stand at a counter chopping food, my back hurts like a son of a b%~@*. That just doesn't make sense.

Grand Lodge

6 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Card Game Subscriber; Pathfinder Comics Subscriber

Repetitive motion and rigidity. When you're moving about, you're engaging many different muscles at different times and different ways. When you're standing still, your muscles are constantly engaged in keeping you in that position, and you use the same muscles repeatedly over long periods of time.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Rosita the Riveter wrote:
You know, I don't get how I can work retail on my feet all day, whether it's running a cash register, lugging merchandise up and down ladders, or banding low to stock or unlock cages, and leave with my back feeling fine, but if I stand at a cash register and wrap merchandise, or stand at a counter chopping food, my back hurts like a son of a b~++*. That just doesn't make sense.

Standing still is putting too much stress on the spine. I suggest moving about every once in a while.

Edit: Dammit, Ninja'd by TOZ.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Wopah!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I like wandering around a lot I think more that way.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

538. pretty good.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

I took the batteries out of my carbon monoxide detector because the loud beeping was driving me crazy, giving me a headache, and make me feel dizzy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I was just trying to be polite and hold the door open for the woman, but she just kept screaming "I'm peeing in here!" What a b!$$#.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I love cute, defenseless animals. Especially in a nice sauce.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

I wish I could get bitten by a radioactive confident person.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I've never taken a good picture because whenever the photographer said "Cheese", I started looking for it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

If you're ever faced with a choice between two evils, choose the one you haven't tried before.

177,551 to 177,600 of 192,373 << first < prev | 3547 | 3548 | 3549 | 3550 | 3551 | 3552 | 3553 | 3554 | 3555 | 3556 | 3557 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Gamer Life / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.