Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

173,401 to 173,450 of 174,405 << first < prev | 3464 | 3465 | 3466 | 3467 | 3468 | 3469 | 3470 | 3471 | 3472 | 3473 | 3474 | next > last >>

2 people marked this as a favorite.

I've been to Illinois, you don't want to crawl down those holes.

Edit: Also, that.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
lisamarlene wrote:
Limey gets bonus points for Lavode.
don't we all have bathrooms?

What do you think windows are for?


Vidmaster7 wrote:

I have always wondered about the excessive Jar Jar hate. So is it the slap-stick comedy dumb stuff he does or the horrible accent, or maybe just a combination of all that is Jar Jar?

Mind you I don't like him but I don't get upset about it.

Its slapstick nature breaks with the convention of the setting. Yeah, Golden Rod might had his slapstickish moments in the original trilogy, but they were much more toned down.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

Oh, and I'm with Cap on the weather issue. I'm currently about 10 degrees warmer than him living just a couple hours south (that latitude difference is fairly huge in spring and fall, not so much in summer/winter).

Freehold mentioned that we make CNN when it's unseasonably warm. Not really. It would have to be above 40 in January to get a 3 second blurb. Otherwise it still hits the mid 90's in the summer (with 60-80% humidity) with occasional spikes into the low 100's and drops to negative single digits and below in the winter before wind chill. But the East Coast is where they go nuts over it in the media.

well, the east coast IS the naturally superior coast...

East coast still hasn't realized you can do office jobs just fine - in many cases far better - without dressing like you're going to church or a funeral. That puts them significantly behind.

The idea that mandatory ties for men and skirts/dresses and heels for ladies is somehow the only proper office dress code is one that would have died last decade if east coast businesses hadn't clung to it like life rafts.

Around here, Shiro is a C-level executive at a Fortune 500 company and goes to work in jeans and a T-shirt. In fact, even when he gets flown around on the company jet to visit off-sites, he's still in jeans and a T-shirt.

HOWEVER, if he or I have to do the East Coast, and *only* the East Coast, it's "slacks, shirt, tie, and jacket".

It's as if the East Coast is stuck in the 1950's.

Heck, even at NASA in Houston they were asking, "Why the heck are you wearing a tie?"

because we on the east coast know the truth.

A well-tailored, preferably dark, suit is the material component when attempting to cast the shamefully overdressed spell upon a paramour.

Sure, if your paramour is into the "self important rich dingus" look. Mine is more of a
...

We will, once again, have to agree to disagree.

I don't care how well-tailored the thing is. If it's not one of those three specific circumstances or a few limited others (and those others don't always apply), my opinion is that a suit makes you look like a rich idiot. End of line.

This opinion extends even to my boss, who I KNOW is a rich outdated idiot, if occasionally a well-meaning one. I certainly won't have a lighter opinion of people who don't pay me.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The kids talked me into making Lemon Angel Delight.

Angel food cake has about twenty more minutes in the oven.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

The next suit I wear will be my first.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:

I've been to Illinois, you don't want to crawl down those holes.

Edit: Also, that.

I would love to visit Illinois for hole crawling.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:

The kids talked me into making Lemon Angel Delight.

Angel food cake has about twenty more minutes in the oven.

ooooh....


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Bizarro Freehold wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Vanykrye wrote:

Oh, and I'm with Cap on the weather issue. I'm currently about 10 degrees warmer than him living just a couple hours south (that latitude difference is fairly huge in spring and fall, not so much in summer/winter).

Freehold mentioned that we make CNN when it's unseasonably warm. Not really. It would have to be above 40 in January to get a 3 second blurb. Otherwise it still hits the mid 90's in the summer (with 60-80% humidity) with occasional spikes into the low 100's and drops to negative single digits and below in the winter before wind chill. But the East Coast is where they go nuts over it in the media.

well, the east coast IS the naturally superior coast...

East coast still hasn't realized you can do office jobs just fine - in many cases far better - without dressing like you're going to church or a funeral. That puts them significantly behind.

The idea that mandatory ties for men and skirts/dresses and heels for ladies is somehow the only proper office dress code is one that would have died last decade if east coast businesses hadn't clung to it like life rafts.

Around here, Shiro is a C-level executive at a Fortune 500 company and goes to work in jeans and a T-shirt. In fact, even when he gets flown around on the company jet to visit off-sites, he's still in jeans and a T-shirt.

HOWEVER, if he or I have to do the East Coast, and *only* the East Coast, it's "slacks, shirt, tie, and jacket".

It's as if the East Coast is stuck in the 1950's.

Heck, even at NASA in Houston they were asking, "Why the heck are you wearing a tie?"

because we on the east coast know the truth.

A well-tailored, preferably dark, suit is the material component when attempting to cast the shamefully overdressed spell upon a paramour.

Sure, if your paramour is into the "self important rich dingus" look. Mine
...

I like wearing suits, even though I don't do so very often. When I do so, I either look like a gangster or a Lubavitcher, depending on the suit.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Random race table for Starfinder.

1-5. Android
6-9. Human
10-15. Kasatha
16-21. Lashunta
22-27. Shirren
28-33. Vesk
34-39. Ysoki
40. Dwarf
41. Elf
42. Gnome
43. Half-Elf
44. Half-Orc
45. Halfling
46. Barathu
47. Contemplative
48. Draelik
49-51. Dragonkin
52. Drow
53. Formian
54. Goblin
55. Gray
56-58. Haan
59. Ikeshti
60-61. Kalo
62-64. Maraquoi
65-68. Nuar
69. Reptoid
70-75. Ryphorian
76-78. Sarcesian
79. Shobhad
80-87. Skittermander
88. Urog
89-94. Verthani
95. Witchwyrd
96-98. Wrikreechee
99. Ferran
100. Woioko.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.

Limey got to it before I did. There is one exception/alternative to the rich idiot scenario.

You can look like a rich villain instead.

Smug politician, corporate douchebag, boss of Team Rocket, the list goes on. Suits and villainy mix well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
96-98. Wrikreechee

I do not know what a wrikreechee is, but I feel as though it is the PF irritation-equivalent of whatever Jar Jar is.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Way off!

Think Doctor Zoidberg.

Or Admiral Akbar.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Space mollusks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

You and your prawns.


5 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

NobodysHome:Your Spanish teacher asked you to do ANOTHER PowerPoint presentation? Hasn't she learned her lesson yet?
Impus Major: Apparently not.

My favorite:
"Bad Day" = An unhappy emoticon
"Worse Day" = A photo of a group of vultures tearing apart a human corpse

Yeah, I had to veto that one. But I liked it.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Orthos wrote:

Limey got to it before I did. There is one exception/alternative to the rich idiot scenario.

You can look like a rich villain instead.

Smug politician, corporate douchebag, boss of Team Rocket, the list goes on. Suits and villainy mix well.

Naturally.

Shadow Lodge

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Dark Lord Scintillatrix wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Limey got to it before I did. There is one exception/alternative to the rich idiot scenario.

You can look like a rich villain instead.

Smug politician, corporate douchebag, boss of Team Rocket, the list goes on. Suits and villainy mix well.

Naturally.

I'll clarify, since it apparently was left somewhat questionable.

I don't hate suits in concept. I hate wearing them, because if it's not well-tailored it's stuffy and uncomfortable, and if it is well-tailored it fits too snugly to be comfortable. I don't like tight, form-fitting clothing. There's a reason I buy all my clothes two sizes up: one for the comfortable loose feeling, and one more in case it shrinks in the wash.

What I dislike is suits being worn in places where suits shouldn't be. If you're wearing the suit in a proper place and time, such as the ones I listed before or the reasonable other exceptions, or you're a villainous mastermind a la David Xanatos, by all means wear one if it's your thing.

If you're just wearing one to show off that you can wear one, I can't really do anything about it but I will judge you and judge you deeply.

And yeah, on top of all that, the idea that you have to dress fancy to do an office job needs to die in a fire.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

NobodysHome:Your Spanish teacher asked you to do ANOTHER PowerPoint presentation? Hasn't she learned her lesson yet?

Impus Major: Apparently not.

I do a boss Powerpoint presentation.

It consists of:

1 x pie chart
1 x pie
1 x picture of Nicki Minaj

{Pause for rapturous applause}

PAY RISE.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Making the lemon pudding part of lemon angel delight now.

Stir, stir, stir.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Had to drive to a town 45 minutes away and then wait 20 minutes past our appointment time to get to a pharmacy where the kids can get flu shots with their State insurance plan.
Because my mother said we can't come up for Thanksgiving unless everyone gets one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Stir... Stir... Stir...


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Okay, after the kids' pediatrician telling me "go to CVS; they take Medi-Cal", driving/waiting almost an hour and a half to get to a CVS offering pediatric flu shots, I got told nope, they don't take Medi-Cal. But I should try calling the local hospital. Hospital said, no, they don't accept it, either. And then told me to call Walmart.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

New Page, FaWtLers! Booyah! ... in a good way!

I'd originally been planning on updating this once per page.

HAH! FaWtL put a stop to that~!

(Though I'm making some progress in that regard!)

Original Post with a question for everyone to answer!

YAY!

-------------------------------------------
And now the results so far of EverFaWtL:

01) aatea: ________________________

02) CH: ________________________

03) Crookshanks: ___________________

04) CY: medium (brute vigilante archetype); mammoth rider PrC

05) doctor_wu: investigator (tetori monk archetype; for better hugging); ??? <no PrC suggested>

06) Drejk: _____________________

07) Freehold: martial artist monk/lust wizard (solacer bard archetype); ??? <no PrC suggested>

08) gran: wizard (warrior of the holy light paladin archetype); PrCs (I'unno, maybe being "that guy" - i.e. me - who wants a non-evil assassin?)

09) Icy: ______________

10) J4rh43d: empericist investigator (with blossoming light cleric archetype) OR blossoming light cleric (with empericist investigator archetype)... OR paladin (with blossoming light cleric archetype); good sanguine angel OR alchemist/brewkeeper OR wizard/<any full casting PrC to fix stuff>

11) John (Napier): Traveller d20 Grand Admiral OR Gunslinger (either duelist <?> archetype or bounty hunter slayer archetype)

12) Kjeldorn: druid (archivist bard archetype); home brew paladin PrC OR brewkeeper PrC (lacking religious flavor)

13) Limey: fighter/rogue/mage (all with the musketeer archetype); toss up (duelist, eldritch knight, assassin [3.5] not evil... automatically)

14) lisamarlene: in need of coffee PATHFINDER CHRONICLER, ALL ELSE MEANINGLESS

15) lynora: witch (crashing wave cleric archetype water bending); ??? <no PrC suggested> :)

16) NH: paladin of some sort, and definitely not the Core PrCs or the early archetypes thereof! (also, as of lisamarlene, is now given bonus levels in grumpy-pants! lucky! I'm stuck waiting 'til 80 to take levels in that, and he gets epic levels now~! Maaaaaannnnnnnn some people just win... ;D)

17) Orthos: wilder (unknown archetype that nabs Dark Knowledge from Heroes of Horror); wilder/dragonfire adept/<the PrC that combines those>

18) Scint: alchemist (archavist bard archetype; yay know-it-all mad science (so basically a female Bill Nye, which is now the coolest thing ever)); "soracle" theurge (sorcerer/oracle/theurge)

19) Sharoth: _________________________

20) Sissyl: NO ARCHETYPES; optimized cleric/wizard/mystic theurge

21) Syrus: warpriest [Healing, Tactics domains] (unknown archetype of something for smite and/or marshal auras); Evangelist (with The Deity ;D)

22) Thomas Seitz (look, I know you've been hanging around, because you just favorited a post of mine I'm secretly psychic!) ______________

23) Me!: psionic erudite (unifier tactician archetype) or erudite/wizard/cerebromancer

24) TOZ: Oracle (Unbreakable Fighter archetype); Oracle/Holy Vindicator (sneaking suspicion that he may, just possibly, perhaps, have a type)

25) TS: fellow erudite psion with expanded knowledge feats (OR a wizard with access to both wish spells, and the missing 9th level wizard spells); any PrC with +1 ML (and/or CL) per level ("thou shalt not sacrifice...")

26) Vanykrye: kensai magus (empericist investigator archetype); paladin/monk/<Iroran Paladin-monk-PrC>

27) Vidmaster: magus or bard <nothing else specified>

28) Wei Ji: __________________

... and since I know for a fact that a certain Chinese kitty sometimes hangs out over hear (but rarely posts anything!! >:I): Mort. Just... Just a Mort.
__________________

Enjoy!

And now, some random stats I noticed:
- 9/29: unanswered
- 20/29: at least partially answered
- 12/29: fully answered
- 07/29: totally followed the all the rules!
All answers are totally valid; I was just interested in statistics. XD


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Paladin, duh!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:

Random race table for Starfinder.

1-5. Android
6-9. Human
10-15. Kasatha
16-21. Lashunta
22-27. Shirren
28-33. Vesk
34-39. Ysoki
40. Dwarf
41. Elf
42. Gnome
43. Half-Elf
44. Half-Orc
45. Halfling
46. Barathu
47. Contemplative
48. Draelik
49-51. Dragonkin
52. Drow
53. Formian
54. Goblin
55. Gray
56-58. Haan
59. Ikeshti
60-61. Kalo
62-64. Maraquoi
65-68. Nuar
69. Reptoid
70-75. Ryphorian
76-78. Sarcesian
79. Shobhad
80-87. Skittermander
88. Urog
89-94. Verthani
95. Witchwyrd
96-98. Wrikreechee
99. Ferran
100. Woioko.

Awwwwwwwwwesome!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I have a random class table too, but with only seven classes it's not as exciting.

Also, there's exactly ten themes currently, so even those can be randomized.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:
Okay, after the kids' pediatrician telling me "go to CVS; they take Medi-Cal", driving/waiting almost an hour and a half to get to a CVS offering pediatric flu shots, I got told nope, they don't take Medi-Cal. But I should try calling the local hospital. Hospital said, no, they don't accept it, either. And then told me to call Walmart.

Ah yes, the flu shot run around, I know it well.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

Had to drive to a town 45 minutes away and then wait 20 minutes past our appointment time to get to a pharmacy where the kids can get flu shots with their State insurance plan.

Because my mother said we can't come up for Thanksgiving unless everyone gets one.

I don't get flu shots.

If I get the flu I get the flu.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Also, lust wizard? ROTFL!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Also, lust wizard? ROTFL!

Just to be sure you know: it's a legit school of magic.

(It's an enchantment specialist that uses old 3.X rules instead of the standard PF ones; it was reintroduced later, but is the opposite a "new class" - it conceptually predates modern Pathfinder.)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

A story for all you city folk.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

But...i don't take satisfaction in manipulating the minds of others!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Cap'n Yesterday, FaWtL Tourism wrote:

I've been to Illinois, you don't want to crawl down those holes.

Edit: Also, that.

I would love to visit Illinois for hole crawling.

A hole in Illinois that you can crawl/walk in. Also happens to be quite close to where I lived about 30 years ago.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
But...i don't take satisfaction in manipulating the minds of others!

Hmmmm...

Freehold DM wrote:
and some type of mind whammy wizard for wizard.

... suspicious.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

And, Cap has changed his avatar yet again.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
captain yesterday wrote:
A story for all you city folk.
The Professionally Written Article wrote:
Schmidt says the drive is against the wishes of the Sheriff's Office due to the distance involve.

Come on, guys. I'm not a city folk, but I'm also not a farm-country folk; regardless, I'd rather not give "city folk" more cause to look down on farming country folk. Dang it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
And, Cap has changed his avatar yet again.

Must be Tuesday Friday.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Must be. A new look for a new week? Looks to be some sort of Derro.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I went out to get the mail a little while ago, and a fly followed my into the house. After trying over and over to hit it with a newspaper, I sat down and took a break from attempted murder. Then I noticed it resting on the wall across the room, so I took off my house shoe and throw it, just for the hell of it. To my surprise, I nailed the f!&+er. I squooshed it to be sure it wasn't just stunned, but damn I impressed myself.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I went out to get the mail a little while ago, and a fly followed my into the house. After trying over and over to hit it with a newspaper, I sat down and took a break from attempted murder. Then I noticed it resting on the wall across the room, so I took off my house shoe and throw it, just for the hell of it. To my surprise, I nailed the f#@+er. I squooshed it to be sure it wasn't just stunned, but damn I impressed myself.

Talk about critical hits with improvised thrown weapons, oh Grand King of the One.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Must be. A new look for a new week? Looks to be some sort of Derro.

Punk rocker metal derro~!

gran rey de los mono wrote:
I went out to get the mail a little while ago, and a fly followed my into the house. After trying over and over to hit it with a newspaper, I sat down and took a break from attempted murder. Then I noticed it resting on the wall across the room, so I took off my house shoe and throw it, just for the hell of it. To my surprise, I nailed the f#@+er. I squooshed it to be sure it wasn't just stunned, but damn I impressed myself.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Talk about critical hits with improvised thrown weapons.

What's weird is that I've found that to consistently happen*: a thrown shoe will annihilate the thing. Part of what's weird about it is that it seems un-intuitive - a shoe is (comparatively) bulky, not really aerodynamic, and though it can be relatively heavy and have a good smashing surface that surface is in no way guaranteed - and seems likely to fail - to hit the target. And yet, I've seen multiple (really awesome) stories that do the same thing. It's a weird quirk.

* (SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: NOT "CONSTANTLY" BUT "CONSISTENTLY" - THIS IS A HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE; IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU THROW SHOES AS A HABIT, UNLESS YOU WANT BROKEN STUFF)


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Methyl, Ethyl, Butyl, Propyl.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Friday night in a nearly empty Parking Garage just before a Holiday Weekend. Bored, bored, bored, bored, BORED.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

An hour to go.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
Friday night in a nearly empty Parking Garage just before a Holiday Weekend. Bored, bored, bored, bored, BORED.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well, mayyyybe- oh, wait. No.

Okay, well... hm.

You know maybe... eh, nah.

There's always-

John Napier 698 wrote:
An hour to go.

Hey! I'm working on it, dude!

;D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
* (SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: NOT "CONSTANTLY" BUT "CONSISTENTLY" - THIS IS A HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE; IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU THROW SHOES AS A HABIT, UNLESS YOU WANT BROKEN STUFF)

I wouldn't throw a shoe in the house unless there's a really good reason. This was just a house shoe. You know, basically a slipper.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Ahem. Hydrogen is the primordial gas, that blew right out of the Big Bang's ass.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I guess the automated message board censor missed that one.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
* (SUPER IMPORTANT NOTE: NOT "CONSTANTLY" BUT "CONSISTENTLY" - THIS IS A HUUUUUUGE DIFFERENCE; IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU THROW SHOES AS A HABIT, UNLESS YOU WANT BROKEN STUFF)
I wouldn't throw a shoe in the house unless there's a really good reason. This was just a house shoe. You know, basically a slipper.

Still, an impressive crit, nonetheless.

173,401 to 173,450 of 174,405 << first < prev | 3464 | 3465 | 3466 | 3467 | 3468 | 3469 | 3470 | 3471 | 3472 | 3473 | 3474 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.