Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

171,151 to 171,200 of 177,723 << first < prev | 3419 | 3420 | 3421 | 3422 | 3423 | 3424 | 3425 | 3426 | 3427 | 3428 | 3429 | next > last >>

3 people marked this as a favorite.
lynora wrote:

Had a nightmare experience at the dentist today. I had to have four fillings done and a cracked tooth prepped for a crown. Local anesthetic doesn’t work on me, so I have to be put under when I have dental work done. But they screwed up and I was only partially under. I couldn’t speak or move but I was awake and aware of everything. And when they saw I was in pain they just kept giving me useless shots and I couldn’t stop them. So not only did that happen but now my mouth hurts so much from all the shots I didn’t need because they didn’t actually work. I mean, my lip went numb, but nothing actually inside my mouth :(

I have PTSD from similar event during my c-section when the kidlet was born. Protip: don’t have surgery without working anesthetic. Pain is not an adequate description. So getting me to actually show up for anything that requires anesthetic takes some doing. Even more now. Looks like it’s back to the therapist for me. >.<

Freehold DM wrote:

Okay.

If me being naked during all of that didn't make you laugh/smile nervously, please return the day you are experiencing for a full refund.

returns lynoras day for full refund, yarn spindle


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I had to give in my clothes for the yarn spindle...fair trade.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:
Question for anyone who knows: why are so many carnival workers so strongly addicted to cigarettes. It's a strangely high ratio.

it's the only way you get breaks in most jobs.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

The most surreal part of parent-teacher conferences: parents using their time block as a parenting coaching/therapy session because they feel like they have no idea what they are doing, and the only way they can get the kids to behave at home is to threaten, "I'm going to tell Mrs. X."

If they only saw what happens in my house...

it works for the kids who are sweet on Mrs X.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Question for anyone who knows: why are so many carnival workers so strongly addicted to cigarettes. It's a strangely high ratio.
it's the only way you get breaks in most jobs.

That... is an extremely sucky policy.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
Question for anyone who knows: why are so many carnival workers so strongly addicted to cigarettes. It's a strangely high ratio.
it's the only way you get breaks in most jobs.

If I think about the smokers in my office, actually having a cig is secondary - the main appeal is spending some time off the floor and having a whinge with your friends out of doors.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Yup.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I spoke with my brother today (it's his Birthday at 45). The puppy who got into the Gorilla Glue is doing fine. The glue was vomited back up. However, those who pray regularly may want to do so for his Wife. She has either Thyroid problems or Ovarian Cancer. The doctors aren't sure which.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Happy birthday to your brother! Huzzah for the puppy!
... and I'm so sorry to hear about his wife. I will keep her in prayers. Cancer is a demon, and I hate it, and want it to die - and leave its hosts alone, and in a healthy state, thank you.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

That is an awful prognosis. Here's hoping positive answers are found soon.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

So far eating has not filled the emptiness I feel inside. But I'm not a quitter.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Marriage is all about compromise. For instance, today I agreed to never sit in certain chairs, and in exchange I get one I can sleep on.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

And the Lord said unto John "Come forth, and receive eternal life." But John came fifth, and received a toaster.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Stephen Hawking has a great sense of humor. He does great one-liners, but he sucks at stand-up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

When my wife asks me "What did you say?", it isn't that she didn't hear me. It's that she's trying to get me to change my answer.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Sorry to hear about your sister-in-law, John, that sucks.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

They say that behind every great man is a woman. This may be true. In my experience, however, it is always true that behind every angry woman is a man who has no idea what he did wrong.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
They say that behind every great man is a woman. This may be true. In my experience, however, it is always true that behind every angry woman is a man who has no idea what he did wrong.

Oh I think YOU know what you did!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
They say that behind every great man is a woman. This may be true. In my experience, however, it is always true that behind every angry woman is a man who has no idea what he did wrong.
Oh I think YOU know what you did!

Me? I didn't do anything. I was just sitting here.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I am great at multitasking. I can waste time, be unproductive, and procrastinate all at the same time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I hate when I've been on the treadmill for half an hour, and then look at the clock and realize it's only been 3 minutes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

A good time to keep your mouth shut is when you're in deep s~&~.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My kids have reached that age where they are beginning to understand embarrassment. Now it's my time to shine!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

In a few years, I bet there'll be a mandatory college course called "Eye Contact 101".


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I love Fall. There's nothing better than strolling through the park, walking through about 100 spider webs, and screaming like a little girl every time.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Is it rude to ask someone on an online dating site to post a picture of themselves holding today's newspaper?


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I'd like to say "Happy 3-week Anniversary" to the 26 browser tabs I have open.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

It took a long time, but I just finished paying the pizza guy entirely with quarters that I found behind his ear.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Whenever I see a picture of Comic-Con, I just think "Wow. Their Moms must be really happy to have the house to themselves for a few hours."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
In a few years, I bet there'll be a mandatory college course called "Eye Contact 101".

They need it now in my opinion. I am not a constant fidget on phone person but I would go out places with people in college and you couldn't have a conversation with people cause they'd be looking down on their phones or talking to you while looking at their laps.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"This is like if Billy Joel sang about a grocery list."


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I must be getting old. The other day I walked past a cemetery and two men attacked me with shovels shouting "Zombie! Zombie!!"


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I must be getting old. The other day I walked past a cemetery and two men attacked me with shovels shouting "Zombie! Zombie!!"

I blame it on your diet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I must be getting old. The other day I walked past a cemetery and two men attacked me with shovels shouting "Zombie! Zombie!!"
I blame it on your diet.

Just because I eat brains doesn't mean I'm a zombie.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I must be getting old. The other day I walked past a cemetery and two men attacked me with shovels shouting "Zombie! Zombie!!"
I blame it on your diet.
Just because I eat brains doesn't mean I'm a zombie.

What about the excessive moaning and lack of a pulse?


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:
I must be getting old. The other day I walked past a cemetery and two men attacked me with shovels shouting "Zombie! Zombie!!"
I blame it on your diet.
Just because I eat brains doesn't mean I'm a zombie.
What about the excessive moaning and lack of a pulse?

I don't think those are related to my diet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

*splorches through thread*


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Splorches seems like the right word their.


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Is anyone looking for the start to a horror story? I have one. It goes like this:

A cell phone rings. The caller ID says "Mom". The antagonist answers the phone "Hi, Mom. What's up?" The mother says "I have a computer question." DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Vidmaster7 wrote:
Splorches seems like the right word their.

I also considered "quorfs".


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Is anyone looking for the start to a horror story? I have one. It goes like this:

A cell phone rings. The caller ID says "Mom". The antagonist answers the phone "Hi, Mom. What's up?" The mother says "I have a computer question." DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!

O_O

(Fortunately my brother has a degree in it so he fields all those questions)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Completly horrified Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Is anyone looking for the start to a horror story? I have one. It goes like this:

A cell phone rings. The caller ID says "Mom". The antagonist answers the phone "Hi, Mom. What's up?" The mother says "I have a computer question." DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!

O_O

(Fortunately my brother has a degree in it so he fields all those questions)

But what if your brother is busy, so she calls you INSTEAD?!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
Completly horrified Vidmaster7 wrote:
gran rey de los mono wrote:

Is anyone looking for the start to a horror story? I have one. It goes like this:

A cell phone rings. The caller ID says "Mom". The antagonist answers the phone "Hi, Mom. What's up?" The mother says "I have a computer question." DUN DUN DUNNNNNN!!!!!!

O_O

(Fortunately my brother has a degree in it so he fields all those questions)

But what if your brother is busy, so she calls you INSTEAD?!

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!


2 people marked this as a favorite.

My friend and I went to a turtle pun class the other day. It tortoise nothing.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
gran rey de los mono wrote:
My friend and I went to a turtle pun class the other day. It tortoise nothing.

Well maybe if you would come out of your shell you'd learn something!


5 people marked this as a favorite.

Crew, meet your new astrogator... He'll take you... Places.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Drejk wrote:
Crew, meet your new astrogator... He'll take you... Places.

I LOVE THIS


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

It's amazing how certain play styles just grate on your nerves.

Whingey Wizard, in addition to his roleplaying faults, is one of those unbelievably-careful players who won't go anywhere before Scrying, Detecting Invisible, Detecting Magic, sending the ranger or rogue ahead to scout for traps, and then spending 15 minutes pondering in what other way his nefarious GM is trying to screw over the party.

It's one of those deer-in-the-headlight attitudes born of playing under an extremely-abusive GM who killed him more than once with, "Aha! You didn't think of THIS! Now you're DEAD! Mwahahahahahaha!"
Or maybe he's just always been that way.

But when you have an AP with an artificially-imposed time limit ("The BBEG is stirring! You must get there now Now NOW to stop him!!!!") and the wizard's response is, "Well, I prepare only one Scry spell a day because I need to keep my other slots ready, just in case. And if that one fails, then we need to spend another day in Safetown so I can scribe more scrolls and craft more wands. And we can try another Scry tomorrow," then by the third or fourth day you really feel like it's time to just let the BBEG wake up and wipe the party and respond with, "Oh, sorry. Your wizard didn't take all the threats of him waking up seriously, so you took too long."

So just two clashing play styles. I really don't want my players mistrusting me so much that gameplay grinds to a halt due to their paranoia, so it really grates on me when they do so anyway.

If it takes 10 minutes of real time, it's preparation. If it take 90 minutes, it's paranoia.

EDIT: And it's funny because I had a bit of enlightenment while talking about this on my Serpent's Skull thread: It's the difference between, "OK, let's think about what the enemy is likely to be doing and plan for that" (my JR and SA groups) versus, "OK. Let me open up the books and scan through them to try to figure out what spell or magic item I can get my hands on that will make it so I don't have to think about things at all" (the SS group and Whingey Wizard).
"Problem-solving through shopping and rules lawyering" is not my cup of tea.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Give them some more warnings. Then steam roll over them with the awakened BBEG. They were warned, they ignored the warning. Did they expected the BBEG to politely wait for them?


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
Drejk wrote:
Give them some more warnings. Then steam roll over them with the awakened BBEG. They were warned, they ignored the warning. Did they expected the BBEG to politely wait for them?

Yeah. I'm thinking I should just calculate how long it should take them to finish, double it, and then put a date on the calendar at which point the BBEG wakes up. Seems the fairest thing to do.

EDIT: And don't worry, LM. I'm not spoilering these because I know you get frustrated too when the game degenerates into an hour and a half of him sitting there saying, "How can we gather information without putting ME at any risk whatsoever?"
It really is one of his more frustrating aspects. "I will not play a game in which I have to put my PC at risk."

171,151 to 171,200 of 177,723 << first < prev | 3419 | 3420 | 3421 | 3422 | 3423 | 3424 | 3425 | 3426 | 3427 | 3428 | 3429 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.