Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

170,601 to 170,650 of 171,143 << first < prev | 3408 | 3409 | 3410 | 3411 | 3412 | 3413 | 3414 | 3415 | 3416 | 3417 | 3418 | next > last >>

4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
Chromantic Durgon <3 wrote:
May I ask who is Shiro? I've seen this name come up a lot all over the place, often related to poor food choices xD

You're opening yourself up for dozens of hours of pain.

My magnum opus is my Rise of the Runelords Campaign Journal. It's worth reading, if I do say so myself.

I was the GM, and also played the taciturn GMNPC Halek, Shoanti barbarian, whose name has been stolen by a Paizo user I've never even met! The nerve!

NobodysWife, aka GothBard, played Rae'Sheleth, aka Raesh, a drow paladin of Sarenrae. In fact, the entire campaign came about because of the, "Do Paladins Kill Goblin Babies?" thread, leading NobodysWife to ponder, "What if they didn't? What would the child be like when they grew up?"
She is guilty of the best roleplaying I've seen in my lifetime.

Her cohort in crime is a man we met while playing Runequest. He'll happily admit that he's an "executive at a Fortune 500 company", and they do ship him around on the private corporate jet when they need him places, but he wears jeans and a T-shirt and has an absolute love of all things terrible: Bad movies. Bad food. You name it. If he can experience it, he wants to. Just to say he's done it. So he has a monstrous disposable income, and he uses it to buy extremely questionable things. As one of his friends put it, "I think he has more appliances than most professional kitchens, and I doubt he knows what half of them do."
You can seriously say, "Hey, I need <this electronic device>" and he's likely to have one lying around in his garage because he bought it because it looked cool and realized he had no use for it.
He played Shiro, a kitsune bard from Minkai.

Rounding out the crowd is a man I worked with when I first transitioned to tech. We're both eccentric loners, so we got along extremely well. (Yes, I'm a loner with a family. It's a strange thing indeed.) We kept in touch. I won't say much about him since he is indeed a very private person, but he played Hi, a gnome pyromancer, with such gusto and enthusiasm that to this day we tend to get him fire-related gifts.

So there you go.

EDIT: Of course. Because we're talking about friends.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Shiro sounds fascinating XD

Thinking about Fortune 500 companies immediately gives me stress xD

Hi I'd not heard of before today.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
doctor_wu wrote:
It was 4 years before I was born today exactly 30 years ago.

Happy 26th birthday, my dude! Woo, for wu!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I've been filling up the General's iPod.

Of course I put one kind of weird song that people wouldn't include themselves.

In her case, Flowers, by Liz Phair.

I regret nothing!


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Crookshanks won't let me near hers.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

Hmm... there's the whole "privacy" thing, where I don't post information about my friends unless they've given me explicit permission to do so.

So I believe that I can say that:
(a) Shiro underwent planned surgery today
(b) His life is not in any immediate danger

I happen to know that he's OK because his son has already made sure he's settled in for his stay at the hospital and said son is coming up to do Bowl'd with us tonight.

And yes, Hi is weird. It's why he and I get along so well.

may he heal swiftly.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
captain yesterday wrote:
Crookshanks won't let me near hers.

Probably because you would put Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, or some Polka on it.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Sharoth wrote:
captain yesterday wrote:
Crookshanks won't let me near hers.
Probably because you would put Debbie Gibson, Tiffany, or some Polka on it.

I could lend you my Debbie Gibson CDs or my Tiffany tapes.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy birthday, Wu.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
John Napier 698 wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
All the 4G speed on my Hotspot is gone. Posting is a pain, right now. And downloading something I just bought is impossible. I'll try to download from the library, tomorrow. I guess I'm done for the night. Good night, everyone.

:/

Hope things go better!

They will once I buy next month's airtime. It's just that my hotspot burns through the 4G first. Wish I knew how to save the 4G for the things that matter, like downloading.

Turns out that the problem may be with my laptop. I have no problems accessing the web pages from my desktop. Going to have to try to speed-optimize my laptop.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
doctor_wu wrote:
It was 4 years before I was born today exactly 30 years ago.

Happy birthday, Doctor_Wu!

Are you really 26 now? Jolly good show and woo-hoo!
Are you wearing a bow-tie
Or eating key lime pie?
Happy birthday, Dr.

{Tootly late '70s saxophone break}


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Happy Spawnday Doctor Wu!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Well, son of a b$!%&, it's Friday already!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Half of it already passed for me.

Gaming/Fantasy&SF convention starts today. I need to prepare session for tomorrow morning and print my pass and character sheets. Assuming my printer still works.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

Thought for the day: If the old saying about opposites attracting is true, then the best course of action is to be an absolute loser.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I got Tiny T-Rex ready early so he can play on the playground before the bus kids get there, he's all bundled up for the chilliness, me; not as much.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
John Napier 698 wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
All the 4G speed on my Hotspot is gone. Posting is a pain, right now. And downloading something I just bought is impossible. I'll try to download from the library, tomorrow. I guess I'm done for the night. Good night, everyone.

:/

Hope things go better!

They will once I buy next month's airtime. It's just that my hotspot burns through the 4G first. Wish I knew how to save the 4G for the things that matter, like downloading.
Turns out that the problem may be with my laptop. I have no problems accessing the web pages from my desktop. Going to have to try to speed-optimize my laptop.

I talked to Hi last night, and he pays for two different cards: One for dedicated 4G, and the other for regular mobile.

Aaaaand... he did the math and learned that it's actually cheaper to run a dedicated line into his workshop than it is to pay mobile prices, so he's switching over to a dedicated line this week.


6 people marked this as a favorite.

To be filed under "random s#$% Montessori kids say",
yesterday I was giving a phonogram lesson to one of my students. We were using plastic letters of two different colors to build words that end in "oy". We did boy, toy, annoy (he has a big sister), and then I asked, "Hmmm... what is tofu made out of? ssss... sss..."
His eyes got really big and he and shouted, "SAND!"
Like he'd just figured out a mystery that had been plaguing him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

is eating general tsos tofu for breakfast

lisamarlene wrote:

To be filed under "random s#$% Montessori kids say",

yesterday I was giving a phonogram lesson to one of my students. We were using plastic letters of two different colors to build words that end in "oy". We did boy, toy, annoy (he has a big sister), and then I asked, "Hmmm... what is tofu made out of? ssss... sss..."
His eyes got really big and he and shouted, "SAND!"
Like he'd just figured out a mystery that had been plaguing him.

looks at breakfast suspiciously


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Adventure Path, Starfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

I still haven't been able to have breakfast yet.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
Tacticslion wrote:
John Napier 698 wrote:
All the 4G speed on my Hotspot is gone. Posting is a pain, right now. And downloading something I just bought is impossible. I'll try to download from the library, tomorrow. I guess I'm done for the night. Good night, everyone.

:/

Hope things go better!

They will once I buy next month's airtime. It's just that my hotspot burns through the 4G first. Wish I knew how to save the 4G for the things that matter, like downloading.
Turns out that the problem may be with my laptop. I have no problems accessing the web pages from my desktop. Going to have to try to speed-optimize my laptop.

I talked to Hi last night, and he pays for two different cards: One for dedicated 4G, and the other for regular mobile.

Aaaaand... he did the math and learned that it's actually cheaper to run a dedicated line into his workshop than it is to pay mobile prices, so he's switching over to a dedicated line this week.

The garage I'm posted in has no wifi. The mobile hotspot that I have is my only connection to the Internet while there.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
lisamarlene wrote:

To be filed under "random s#$% Montessori kids say",

yesterday I was giving a phonogram lesson to one of my students. We were using plastic letters of two different colors to build words that end in "oy". We did boy, toy, annoy (he has a big sister), and then I asked, "Hmmm... what is tofu made out of? ssss... sss..."
His eyes got really big and he and shouted, "SAND!"
Like he'd just figured out a mystery that had been plaguing him.

:D :D :D !!!!


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I wish I was as brave as my kid, who refused to eat any breakfast, and then asked for a snack 5 minutes after my wife cleared the table.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Printer works. Only one sheet of paper lost to the problems with paper feed, which cut out the character sheet's header (which wouldn't be a real problem) and the attributes (which would be).


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I may have a solution for my laptop wireless speed that involves changing the settings for the built-in wireless LAN card. I'll let everyone know how well it works.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
NobodysHome wrote:


Aaaaand... he did the math and learned that it's actually cheaper to run a dedicated line into his workshop than it is to pay mobile prices, so he's switching over to a dedicated line this week.

I picture Hi has someone who would really like to live off the grid, but doesn't want the hassle of actually living off the grid.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
Vanykrye wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:


Aaaaand... he did the math and learned that it's actually cheaper to run a dedicated line into his workshop than it is to pay mobile prices, so he's switching over to a dedicated line this week.
I picture Hi has someone who would really like to live off the grid, but doesn't want the hassle of actually living off the grid.

Yep. Pretty much nails him.


4 people marked this as a favorite.

Success!!!! My laptop loads pages much quicker now. Changed the Network Card setting from 802.11b to 54G - Performance.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

So how bad is it around here?

Being between projects, I took the day off to try to work on the garage for Impus Major, as Winter Is Coming.

I moved the sawhorses and tools out front, took the bikes out back, moved the plywood to the sawhorses, cut the plywood to size, and carried it in.

And by that point I was out of breath and my lungs were burning.

The air is NOT good here.

I have to switch to paperwork, game prep, and assembling the drywall lift. Physical labor is obviously NOT a good idea today...


3 people marked this as a favorite.

I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.

NobodysWife was talking about a family trip to Tahoe this weekend. We may still do that if the air proves so bad I can't do anything. If you check the air quality maps (yellow-orange-red), we're fortunate enough to be in the orange. I can't imagine how people in the red are coping.

I know my company just issued a Bay Area mandate: "Do not go outside if at all possible."

That's pretty darned serious.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Freehold DM wrote:
I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.

He can't chocolate cake a dead man after all...


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Homer Simpson wrote:
Mmmm, chocolate.

:D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

Hey, FaWtL: for the past day or so, my family has been dealing with an extremely difficult thing.

To answer the basic questions: I'm fine, as are my wife and kids - we're all reasonably healthy and doing well together, and glad to be our family, so it's nothing like that.

Similarly my parents and siblings.

But, if you're the praying kind, I'd appreciate prayers for my family, and especially the person most directly involved.

Thanks!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.
He can't chocolate cake a dead man after all...

Double checks the cookbook How To Cook Forty Humans.

You'd be surprised, it's a versatile protein.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:

To be filed under "random s#$% Montessori kids say",

yesterday I was giving a phonogram lesson to one of my students. We were using plastic letters of two different colors to build words that end in "oy". We did boy, toy, annoy (he has a big sister), and then I asked, "Hmmm... what is tofu made out of? ssss... sss..."
His eyes got really big and he and shouted, "SAND!"
Like he'd just figured out a mystery that had been plaguing him.

"Like real food, but is soy; not real food, do not eat."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.

Yeah, this one.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

So, drywall lifter assembled and Impus Major successfully raised to the ceiling.

It is very convenient having a 110-pound, DEX 18 teenager to test all my heaving lifting equipment.

And TL, so sorry to read the news. All the best!


2 people marked this as a favorite.
The Game Hamster wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
I am worried about you guys. Please move to fresher air if possible. I need you all whole and well.
He can't chocolate cake a dead man after all...

quiet you! I need to look good in front of lisamarlene and thereby Nobodyswife!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Tacticslion wrote:

Hey, FaWtL: for the past day or so, my family has been dealing with an extremely difficult thing.

To answer the basic questions: I'm fine, as are my wife and kids - we're all reasonably healthy and doing well together, and glad to be our family, so it's nothing like that.

Similarly my parents and siblings.

But, if you're the praying kind, I'd appreciate prayers for my family, and especially the person most directly involved.

Thanks!

of course! Nothing but the best wishes for your family.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

TL, your family is still in my prayers.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Going to be away from the laptop for several hours. I have to go sit by the garage exit and make sure all of the college kids that park here can get out. After all, it wouldn't do for them to be late for their evening keg parties, would it? ;)


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

TL - I'm not the praying sort, but I sincerely hope everything comes out well for the family.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Indeed. Best wishes to TL and folks!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber

So, being a "standard American male", I rested for an hour, then went back into the garage, finished assembling the drywall lift, finished screwing in the drywall my brother messed up (1/4" - 1/2" skewed in both directions. Aaargh!), and lifted the next piece of drywall.

Didn't get out of breath, but ended up with a raging headache.

So that's it for my physical activity for the day.

Good thing I'm running 4 games. LOTS of prep work to do that does NOT involve standing up any more.

Stoopid fire!


3 people marked this as a favorite.

Ugh. Everywhere in my school smells like smoke. My students are going stir crazy from being cooped up indoors and the sky looking weird.
The only thing that calms them down is story or singing, so my throat is raw.
And because it's scary and weird, some of the girls keep randomly crying.

And all I can think is, "Just wait until the big scary thing is actually affecting us directly, not peripherally".

On the plus side, Administration is finally working on a disaster plan that isn't a joke.


3 people marked this as a favorite.

TL, I do hope that things improve soon.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
NobodysHome wrote:

So how bad is it around here?

Being between projects, I took the day off to try to work on the garage for Impus Major, as Winter Is Coming.

I moved the sawhorses and tools out front, took the bikes out back, moved the plywood to the sawhorses, cut the plywood to size, and carried it in.

And by that point I was out of breath and my lungs were burning.

The air is NOT good here.

I have to switch to paperwork, game prep, and assembling the drywall lift. Physical labor is obviously NOT a good idea today...

How can such a smart guy be such a dumbass?

Dude.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Prayers, Tac.


4 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Pawns Subscriber
lisamarlene wrote:
NobodysHome wrote:

So how bad is it around here?

Being between projects, I took the day off to try to work on the garage for Impus Major, as Winter Is Coming.

I moved the sawhorses and tools out front, took the bikes out back, moved the plywood to the sawhorses, cut the plywood to size, and carried it in.

And by that point I was out of breath and my lungs were burning.

The air is NOT good here.

I have to switch to paperwork, game prep, and assembling the drywall lift. Physical labor is obviously NOT a good idea today...

How can such a smart guy be such a dumbass?

Dude.

From stupidity comes stories. From stories comes laughter. From laughter comes joy.

Or I'm just an idiot.

Take your pick.

170,601 to 170,650 of 171,143 << first < prev | 3408 | 3409 | 3410 | 3411 | 3412 | 3413 | 3414 | 3415 | 3416 | 3417 | 3418 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.