Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Deep 6 FaWtL


Off-Topic Discussions

51,051 to 51,100 of 114,047 << first < prev | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | 1023 | 1024 | 1025 | 1026 | 1027 | next > last >>
Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

nekkid soap opera digest!


Excellent have you found that hard to get dragon yet AZ? You know I think he was protesting overly much and you know what that means right? He wants you.


Grocery shopping on Fridays suck!


I wish I went to bed earlier last night.


The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
All my friends are getting married and having kids. And where the f@&+ am I? Stinking drunk in my student rent apartment.g

Dude, I only just got married at 30. I'm 33 now and we're grappling with the idea of kids. Marriage and kids are coming later and later in life as our world's level of technology and basic level of ed before you can find a "real world job" gets higher and higher. You are EXACTLY where you are supposed to be, figuring things out in life. And I'm sure there are a few of your friends who wish they could trade places with you.


Aberzombie wrote:
Coffee and animal crackers - what an interesting breakfast combo.

It's good, isn't it?


Urinsane wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:
Time to pull a Spanky!
O.O

?_?


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Kingmaker confirmed starting next week.

Party confirmed: Human Spellscar Oracle, Human Magus, Druid (race undecided), all hiding behind a (statistically nerfed but still pretty brutal) Centaur Barbarian.

DOOD! I played a centaur barbarian in a long running Ptolus game! He was nerfed statistically too!!!!

Hahah. Well you kind of have to, they're pretty busted powerful if you just pull them straight out of the book. I couldn't find PC stats for them in Pathfinder so I ended up butchering some of their 3.5 stuff instead. Cut his STR and DEX bonuses in half, removed his CON bonus and Nat Armor, and removed his racial HD (because let's be frank, racial HD are a pain). He still ended up with some pretty awesome stats, but he's gonna be puny compared to a pure centaur NPC, at least until he gets some levels under his hooves.

We're just considering him the tribe Runt. Which explains why he's out running around with a bunch of two-legs. ;)

Also the Magus is a Half-Elf, my mistake >_>

We did something similar, but my stats were INCREDIBLY low. My strength was a 13- AFTER bonuses. He was the tribal run too, and turned to the worship of Torksal to find true strength.


Cornielius wrote:
Orthos wrote:
We're just considering him the tribe Runt.
Ponytaur?

One of the party members used to call him "Mr. Stag".


Happytime wrote:
Cornielius wrote:
Orthos wrote:
We're just considering him the tribe Runt.
Ponytaur?

I saw that, my brain flashed "Brodeo."

Bad, bad ponies.

-- Happytime

DOOD, I"M GOING TO BRONYCON!!!!!

Silver Crusade

Ooh! ghost posts!

Silver Crusade

Here is my ghost post:

"Could you please clarify your request? The message you forwarded us instructs us to update the contact information for a Jake Smith, but our records indicate that the advisor of record on this plan is named Jacob Smith."

(surname changed)

I work with idiots...

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Kingmaker confirmed starting next week.

Party confirmed: Human Spellscar Oracle, Human Magus, Druid (race undecided), all hiding behind a (statistically nerfed but still pretty brutal) Centaur Barbarian.

DOOD! I played a centaur barbarian in a long running Ptolus game! He was nerfed statistically too!!!!

Hahah. Well you kind of have to, they're pretty busted powerful if you just pull them straight out of the book. I couldn't find PC stats for them in Pathfinder so I ended up butchering some of their 3.5 stuff instead. Cut his STR and DEX bonuses in half, removed his CON bonus and Nat Armor, and removed his racial HD (because let's be frank, racial HD are a pain). He still ended up with some pretty awesome stats, but he's gonna be puny compared to a pure centaur NPC, at least until he gets some levels under his hooves.

We're just considering him the tribe Runt. Which explains why he's out running around with a bunch of two-legs. ;)

Also the Magus is a Half-Elf, my mistake >_>

We did something similar, but my stats were INCREDIBLY low. My strength was a 13- AFTER bonuses. He was the tribal run too, and turned to the worship of Torksal to find true strength.

Yikes, nasty. He's still a horse dude, I can't justify crippling him that much. Though that's admittedly an interesting RP route, good on your for finding a way to roll with it =)

Gah I can't wait to start this thing. >=}


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:

Kingmaker confirmed starting next week.

Party confirmed: Human Spellscar Oracle, Human Magus, Druid (race undecided), all hiding behind a (statistically nerfed but still pretty brutal) Centaur Barbarian.

DOOD! I played a centaur barbarian in a long running Ptolus game! He was nerfed statistically too!!!!

Hahah. Well you kind of have to, they're pretty busted powerful if you just pull them straight out of the book. I couldn't find PC stats for them in Pathfinder so I ended up butchering some of their 3.5 stuff instead. Cut his STR and DEX bonuses in half, removed his CON bonus and Nat Armor, and removed his racial HD (because let's be frank, racial HD are a pain). He still ended up with some pretty awesome stats, but he's gonna be puny compared to a pure centaur NPC, at least until he gets some levels under his hooves.

We're just considering him the tribe Runt. Which explains why he's out running around with a bunch of two-legs. ;)

Also the Magus is a Half-Elf, my mistake >_>

We did something similar, but my stats were INCREDIBLY low. My strength was a 13- AFTER bonuses. He was the tribal run too, and turned to the worship of Torksal to find true strength.

Yikes, nasty. He's still a horse dude, I can't justify crippling him that much. Though that's admittedly an interesting RP route, good on your for finding a way to roll with it =)

Gah I can't wait to start this thing. >=}

We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.


Celestial Healer wrote:
Ooh! ghost posts!

Sorry, wrong lever.

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.

Aaaaah. I feel for you man, one of my players has abysmal luck with rolls, practically begs me to use point buy in some games.

The group that'll be in this Kingmaker game are all pretty insane with the dice, plus starting at level 2, so I'll be running the 6-man expansion despite having only 4 players, and dial back or up as needed.


Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.

Aaaaah. I feel for you man, one of my players has abysmal luck with rolls, practically begs me to use point buy in some games.

The group that'll be in this Kingmaker game are all pretty insane with the dice, plus starting at level 2, so I'll be running the 6-man expansion despite having only 4 players, and dial back or up as needed.

6 man expansion? I'm actually finding my players are scything through some of the challenges quite easily, I may look into this. Is it the expansion on this board here or someplace else?

Shadow Lodge

Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.

Aaaaah. I feel for you man, one of my players has abysmal luck with rolls, practically begs me to use point buy in some games.

The group that'll be in this Kingmaker game are all pretty insane with the dice, plus starting at level 2, so I'll be running the 6-man expansion despite having only 4 players, and dial back or up as needed.

6 man expansion? I'm actually finding my players are scything through some of the challenges quite easily, I may look into this. Is it the expansion on this board here or someplace else?

Yep, it's one of the stickies on the Kingmaker forum. Here you go!


tonight "temple of the elemental evil" wohoo

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

AAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So much for leaving work at 1100. At least I get some overtime out of it.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

There's just nothing for me to say this morning.., what an odd sensation...


I actually wrote a simple C++ program while half asleep so I have not forgotten that much. OF course being tired means make more bugs for me.


I am glad I was not this tired yesterday when I had a midterm.

The Exchange

Internet...........................Lag.


Crimson Jester wrote:
Internet...........................Lag.

hi CJ,

how are you?


Better than Elvis! (Not to mention better than UB40).


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Crimson Jester wrote:
Internet...........................Lag.

Working on it...

Sovereign Court

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.

Aaaaah. I feel for you man, one of my players has abysmal luck with rolls, practically begs me to use point buy in some games.

The group that'll be in this Kingmaker game are all pretty insane with the dice, plus starting at level 2, so I'll be running the 6-man expansion despite having only 4 players, and dial back or up as needed.

6 man expansion? I'm actually finding my players are scything through some of the challenges quite easily, I may look into this. Is it the expansion on this board here or someplace else?

I used this, to good effect, but have some cautions:

Kingmaker DMing Spoilers:

If you don't have 6 players, watch the increased treasure amounts!!! My players are seriously overgeared and it just exacerabtes the power / nova every fight phenomenon!!!

Watch the stats - I did find quite a few mistakes. I generally reworked the spells and feats of big monsters to make them a better threat for my party.

Even with the six player expansion, I used max hit points to keep things from getting boring.

Shadow Lodge

Jess Door wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
Orthos wrote:
Freehold DM wrote:
We rolled for stats, I rolled truly terribly.

Aaaaah. I feel for you man, one of my players has abysmal luck with rolls, practically begs me to use point buy in some games.

The group that'll be in this Kingmaker game are all pretty insane with the dice, plus starting at level 2, so I'll be running the 6-man expansion despite having only 4 players, and dial back or up as needed.

6 man expansion? I'm actually finding my players are scything through some of the challenges quite easily, I may look into this. Is it the expansion on this board here or someplace else?

I used this, to good effect, but have some cautions:

** spoiler omitted **

Spoiler:

Yeah, I was planning on keeping the treasure amounts the same, minus the extra gear from when new NPCs were added (such as the mute guy added to Aurch's room in Staglord's Keep).

Will keep an eye out for mistakes. Reworking spell lists is a norm for me, but I might take a special poke at some of the monsters since you mention it.

I do max HPs every campaign heh, just something I do. This group's prior "warmup" game started with an encounter with a pack of weasels with maxed-out 8 HP apiece, drove the Magus (who will be returning in this game, de-leveled back to 2 to start) absolutely bonkers. I'm half tempted to sneak in a weasel encounter somewhere just for the look on his face....

Thanks!!


My fault! The generators were not properly defused. A bit of discharge is all.

There, we appear to be back and stable. Any casualties?


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Is there any other FAWTLy looking forward to the August minis release like I am?!!! I can't wait to get all those minis in my hands. Also if anyone wants to imagine what my pathfinder room looks like just imagine Scrooge McDucks vault only with minis instead of coins. :P


Wait Is it just Paris and I who are for sure preordering minis?

Shadow Lodge

I sadly am not as into chasing down minis as I used to be, as my primary gaming medium these days is either chat program+MapTool or PbP rather than in-person play.

Silver Crusade

I have about 12 minis.

Silver Crusade

Most of them are PC races.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

*blink*

Gah. Friday and the dirt awaits! But first, the rebellious grass must be beheaded and the recidivist blackberries must be re-educated!

*blink*


Celestial Healer wrote:
Most of them are PC races.

So I take it you'll be pre ordering 5 cases?

Silver Crusade

I just never use them. If I found myself suddenly GMing a tabletop game, I'd have some catching up to do. For now, I've mostly used them as a player, and just have a small collection of minis for that purpose.


Orthos wrote:
The Eldritch Mr. Shiny wrote:
All my friends are getting married and having kids. And where the f%@$ am I? Stinking drunk in my student rent apartment.g

Marriage and kids aren't for everyone. Speaking for myself, I've no interest in either (or romance or sex in general, for that matter). And the worst thing you can do in either case is tying yourself to a spouse and bringing kids into the world when you want neither - it never ends well.

If it's not that, then maybe like Cornelius said it's just not the right time, and you'll (hopefully) meet the right person somewhere along the way.

Don't rush into it for the sake of "it's what you're supposed to do", do it because it's what you want to do and who you want to spend that time with.

When at a random job interview, I'm asked what I want to be in the next ten years. I simply tell them that I'm still chasing my third grade dream of becoming an astronaut, but I had to settle for being a Harvard rocket scientist.

They look at me funny.

I usually don't get the job.

Been married. In no hurry to get there again. Don't have any kids. And I'm fine with it; they're not going to drive my car or ask for an allowance or have me come down to the police station at 2 in the morning because they were caught streaking with only a stick of melted butter in their hands across school property.

What was I drinking last night?

Anyway.


DM is on-call-duty and has to do some help desk dutys, so we aresitting and waiting instead of slayng the two greenslimes we just encoutered :-(


Celestial Healer wrote:
I just never use them. If I found myself suddenly GMing a tabletop game, I'd have some catching up to do. For now, I've mostly used them as a player, and just have a small collection of minis for that purpose.

Well next set you should request to get my extras :P


I have a decent sized collection ... but I doubt even close to 10% of your mighty Horde good sir. I have collected mainly singles for the purpose of my neice and newphews game I run.


Hey guys how many posts do you need to get an alias to become an aka by your name?

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion Subscriber
The Mad Badger wrote:
Hey guys how many posts do you need to get an alias to become an aka by your name?

Ask TOZ.

Silver Crusade

I know it's percentage based, but I don't know the actual percentage.


Jess Door wrote:
The Mad Badger wrote:
Hey guys how many posts do you need to get an alias to become an aka by your name?
Ask TOZ.

no idea, but you absolutly need a pic for that alias, we can't be botherd to read the name evry time ;-)


DM on the phone again

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber
The Mad Badger wrote:
Hey guys how many posts do you need to get an alias to become an aka by your name?

The secondary alias must make up 20% of your post count.


The Mad Badger wrote:
I have a decent sized collection ... but I doubt even close to 10% of your mighty Horde good sir. I have collected mainly singles for the purpose of my neice and newphews game I run.

I have a good sized metal mini collection, mostly Reaper and Mithril, a few Ralpartha.

Plastics I only have from a D&D boardgame, wrath of a......something,
our mini collector in the friday group has quite a lot which we use every friday

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Another night, another batch of threads to hide *clickity click*

51,051 to 51,100 of 114,047 << first < prev | 1017 | 1018 | 1019 | 1020 | 1021 | 1022 | 1023 | 1024 | 1025 | 1026 | 1027 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Deep 6 FaWtL All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.