Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Heroes of the Valley


Play-by-Post

201 to 250 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

The floor of the basement is clay. The crying comes from the right side of the basement, where the floor tips down slightly. Garlon's spell doesn't illuminate the weeping person, but you know the direction the noise is coming from.


Perception
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18


Still pitch black. Do you move towards the crying?


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will drop down and start a sweep around the walls starting to his left and moving around to where the sound is coming from to make sure that there isn't anything hiding using the sound as bait.
Stealth 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1
Yucale wrote:
Still pitch black. Do you move towards the crying?

Even after the light spell?


Where the crying is. You can see in a good radius around yourselves, but there's nothing much to see. That changes when...

Without anything jumping out at him, Garlon reaches the corner of the room where a dirty figure is hunched over and crying. It seems to be a girl or young woman, with a filthy mane of hair down the back of her stained white dress. She's rail-thin, and you can't make out any of her features as she's turned away from you and apparently unaware of your presence.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Excuse me, miss, but would you happen to know anything about this doll?" Garlon will get the young lass's attention and ask, holding out the doll he found outside.


The crying stops abruptly, followed by a curious sniffle. The lass turns around. She's wearing a veil over her face, one just as filthy as the rest of her attire. She stays hunched warily on the floor, but holds out her hand as if asking for the doll.


"She is probably in shock after having that big spider for company Garlon, ask her again she will snap out of it eventually or I'll smack her some sense"


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"What is your name? I am Garlon, and I found this outside." Garlon will cautiously give her the doll, still a little bit wary of the potential for trouble.


She takes the doll and holds it to her chest, but remains huddled on the floor.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will step back to the door leading up, "Perhaps one of you would be better down here than I; I am not particularly a people person." With that he will continue to observe the lass and support anybody else who comes down to talk to her.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"I can try," Gaddi offers. He puts his crossbow aside and drops down, then moves non-threateningly towards the girl.

"Hi, my name's Gaddi," he says. "Would you like something to eat?" He holds out a little bit of food.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18


The girl accepts the food and looks up curiously at the group, removing her veil shyly to see better. Apparently thirteen or fourteen years of age, she's completely filthy, with a plain, pale face and dull scared eyes. She keeps both of her dolls close to herself, though one would assume she's a bit old for dolls. As Gaddi seems friendly and the rest of the Heroes keep her distant, she goes from terrified to wary. "Who're you?"


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"We're friends, come to help," Gaddi says. "Like I said, my name's Gaddi, and that guy there is Garlon. There are some more of us up above, too. Can you tell us what happened here?"


She considers him for a moment. "Well, my dad was the head of one of the Houses south from this desolate place, an' then while everybody south from us was worried about somethin' this ambassador fellow comes to our mead hall to treat with us. Now, Pa has a nasty temper an' I didn't like the look of the fellow so I expected him just to set the hounds on 'im. But they signed somethin' and father started going out on longer hunts and the farmers started losing animals then people. So we was cursed. Then Pa came back all bloody and mad-like, an' our people up an' drove us out. Pa decided that I should hide here, but then a big hairy spider came-" she gives a reflexive shudder- "an' I dunt know where Pa is. So thankee kindly good sirs for rescuing me."
You don't know how much of her story to belive- she's obviously not very bright and has been trapped in this horrible place for days.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki jumps down into the basement to get a closer look at the girl and the basement.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Takes 20 on Perception when searching the basement for a result of 25.


Bjarki Bjornsson wrote:

Bjarki jumps down into the basement to get a closer look at the girl and the basement.

Acrobatics: 1d20+5

Takes 20 on Perception when searching the basement for a result of 25.

You notice nothing untoward, just any other Heroes who happen to be down there, the girl and her two creepy dolls.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will weigh the girl's words in his mind as Gaddi talks with her.
Sense Motive 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Garlon Maharis wrote:

Garlon will weigh the girl's words in his mind as Gaddi talks with her.

Sense Motive 1d20+8

She seems like she believes what she's saying.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"You're welcome," Gaddi says to her. "Maybe we can help you find your father." He looks back at the others. "What do you think?"


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Do you know the general direction your father went or when he was planning on returning?"


"Anything useful is fine little girl, ya know we don't bite!" giving her a simple smile "We might help your father if he is in danger, or we can just have a snack while we wait for him"


"I think he went back south, an' he was going to return in a few days- leasts that's what he said when I asked him- but I dunno about that if he found at about the spider." She gives another shudder.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will head back upstairs, and calling to his eagle to help, will check the area for recent tracks, starting in the south, and moving his way around in a circle.
Peregrin Survival 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Garlon Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14


Peregrin founds a few day-old tracks, made by a man (presumably the girl's father); during his investigation Garlon finds a weary horse tethered in the woods nearby. The tracks lead south and away from the hut.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will lead the horse back to the hut to see if it belongs to the girl, and suggests that the party move out after a quick break to eat to see if they can discover what happened to the father.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

That sounds like a plan...all this talking and spiders has awoken a dire hunger in my belly, Bjarki says, but I don't like leaving a girl in a place like this all by herself.


The girl climbs up out of the basement to see to the horse; it is indeed her father's, and she seems happy to see it. She lapses back into silence, leaving any planning to the Heroes.


Well Bjarki if ya know of a better place for now let's move on I'm starving" turn to look at the little girl "Don't worry girl we will know your fathers fate soon enough"


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon and Peregrin sit down for a quick nibble, offering the girl some as well, since it looks like she hasn't eaten much in the last few days. "Is there anything else you can tell us about this strange man, or the strange happenings?"


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki also breaks out his ration and attacks it with abandon, listening to what the others may or may not say while eating.


Defensive, the girl mutters something about howling and takes the food.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"Howling? Did he turn into a wolf or something?" Gaddi asks, sitting down to partake in some food as well.


Sense Motive 12:
Yes, something very much along those lines, but she's too frightened and embarassed to admit it.


Sense Motive 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Garlon sits quietly eating his lunch, letting Gaddi draw the girl out of her shell. Though the thought of lycanthropes, unconfirmed or not, is enough to make a very worried frown appear on his face. "If everyone is done eating, perhaps we should start looking into this lass' father's whereabouts."


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

"Sounds like a good idea to me," Gaddi says. "Should we take her with us, or find a safe place for her to wait?" He turns to the girl. "What's your name by the way?"


"Brekki. I dun't mind waiting behind."


Aidan is completely distracted by his meal pretending to listen to the others while he eats.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Well, I ain't afraid of no wolf, let's get going.

Bjarki gets up, stretches and starts looking for tracks.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Seeing everyone ready to push out, Garlon will tell Peregrin to try to stay where he can see both the party and the cottage, and start following the trail south, crossbow ready as always.

Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Perception 1d20 ⇒ 16


The trail continues onward for an annoyingly long time; it eventually comes to a small road of sorts. You guess there's a village nearby.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"Maybe we can find people in the village to look after Brekki," Gaddi suggests. Then he frowns. "Then again, if that's the village that kicked her out, maybe not."


"There's only one way to find out." Garlon comments as he calls Peregrin in closer while he checks the road to see if the tracks they had been following goes toward or away from the village, keeping his eyes and ears open for signs of traffic at the same time.
Survival 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Peregrin Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22


The tracks go towards the village. There's no travelers in sight, but you're too far away to detect any life from the village anyway.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Seeing that the tracks leads to the village, Garlon calls Peregrin in close and heads towards the village.


I'm going to be without internet for three weeks; if anyone has enough patience to stick around, I'll resume posting when I get it back.


I'm back!


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Hooray! I'm still here!


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Still here as well. It will take more than a few weeks to rid yourself of me.

201 to 250 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heroes of the Valley All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.