Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Heroes of the Valley


Play-by-Post

151 to 200 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Have a bag of coins; I don't feel like toting around a reminder of my family's "generosity," or rather the complete and extreme lack of it, anyway. If it lets us move on, it will have at least served a purpose of some kind." Garlon will toss the troll the few coins he had left over from what he had been given to supply himself with, clearly wanting to leave anything and everything that tied him to his family behind on this side of the river.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki is keeping an eye on the troll, ready for any mischief or sudden moves, his axe at the ready.


The troll stops smirking and counts the coins. "Will anyone else pay?" It narrows its eyes at the rest of the group.


"That didn't cover for all of us?" smiles and looks at the rest "He is quite greedy..."


"Bear in mind that my fanily's "generosity" was rather limited, like to the point of being virtually worthless." Garlon winces just a little at the thought of having to fight this rather unpleasant looking creature.


"Look 'ere Mr. Troll! I'll give ya a gold piece for every two of use that ya let pass, take it or leave it"

Intimidate 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


The troll hisses at Aidan but skids back towards the ladder. "I'll let you pass today, but when you come back to pass this bridge, you shall bring me a guardian so that I can leave my post, and you shall bring me treasure enough to grow fat on in my rest."
"That is my price."


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"That sounds good to me!" Gaddi says. "We can do that, right guys?" He then whispers to the others so that the troll can't hear (or so he hopes, at any rate), "We can always find a different way back."


Turning his face towards Gaddi he will only see him do a look at him... very unfriendly one at that, if his sight could beat him a bit it would... then turns around to face the troll.

"Let us be on our way then we will see what we can do"


Assuming the party agrees and is able to move on past the bridge, once they have gotten a bit past it, Garlon will comment, "Looks like we have yet another reason to consider not returning; still, best to keep an eye of for an appropriate guardian just in case we do decide to."

Scanning ahead as he says this, Garlon and Peregrin overhead will look for signs of trouble as they continue their day's travels.
Garlon Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
Peregrin Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

[b]If we return, he'll be permanently relieved of duty,[b] Bjarki says when they have crossed the bridge.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Removing him entirely probably wouldn't be all that effective; something else would just take its place. Such guardians are not typically so easily permanently removed."


I'm going to be gone for a trip to the coast for the weekend, and I'm not sure if I'll have internet access. I'll try to post if I can. Feel free to continue roleplaying walking along if you want; I'll be able to move the plot along by midday in-game.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Enjoy your trip; the game will still be here when you get back.


I'm back.

By midday, the Heroes reach a ramshackle hut beside a stream.


"Looks like a nice place to rest and eat something after we secure the place"


Garlon and Peregrin will do a quick sweep of the area before settling down to a quick lunch.
Garlon Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Peregrin Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
How does the wildlife and fauna look like around here? Does it seem to be normal for the terrain and environment or does it seem off somehow?


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

I could sure use a drink and a meal right about now, but I agree...let us first make sure this place is safe, before we get too comfortable.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"I'm pretty good at sneaking around without being noticed," Gaddi says. "I could try peering in a window to see if anyone's inside." If the group doesn't object, he'll sneak up to the hut and look for a window to look in.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27


The whole area is very overgrown; there's nothing obviously wrong, but there's a tension to the air, and the faint scent of... smoke?

The hut is apparently lifeless. One large window, shadowed by a convenient pine, is just at Gaddi's eye-level.

Gaddi:
As soon as you sneak up to the window, you realize the shadows are too dense to see through. Then, with a moment's more inspection, you uncover the unsettling truth... what's blocking your sight are odd grey ropy shrouds, just like giant cobwebs. You hear a disgusting-sounding rustling from the middle of the hut.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Gaddi resists the urge to cry out and returns to the others, trying to remain quiet and unseen.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

His nerves get the better of him and he stumbles a bit on his return. If he makes it back to the others without anything happening, he'll report to them what he saw.


The rest of the Heroes can still see Gaddi clearly, but not into the hut, and barely the window itself.

The rustling from the hut grows louder, and a horribly hairy, horribly giant spider leg pokes through the window.

Gaddi, surprise round for you and The Thing.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Initiative: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17

If he wins initiative, he'll move back towards the rest of the group, yelling, "Humongous spider!"

If he loses initiative...well, it will depend what the spider does to him. :)


Gaddi manages to beat a disgusting five-foot-tall spider to the group, yelling 'humongous spider', which is redundant.

Initiative, everyone.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Init 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22

Bjarki unslings his axe and gets ready to fight the huge arachnid.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Suggestion: Perhaps you should roll initiative for the players who haven't yet (and in the future for all players), so we aren't hung up by it. There's no decisions to be made in regards to rolling initiative, so whether you roll or we roll doesn't really matter.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

I started rolling initiative and saving throws in the game I am running, since neither require immediate input from the players to determine the effects. It seems to have sped the game up as well as reduced the number of posts that are simply dice rolls, and most players seem to like the improved speed and streamlined bookkeeping. I have had someone ask for it in both games that I have taken the DM helm and received no objections from anybody.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

I do the same in the games I run, too. Any rolls that are reactive (like initiative, saving throws, certain Perception checks) I'll go ahead and make for the players. It hugely speeds things up.


"Gaddi you are indeed pretty good at sneaking somewhere, but ya don't have to tell everyone we are here in the process"

Initiative 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Initiative:
Gaddi 24
Bjarki 22
Spider 14
Garlon 12
Aidan 7
Berric 5

Gaddi, you're up.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

I should point out that I rolled initiative a few posts up and got a 17, but I'll happily take the 24 if you prefer. :)

Gaddi loads his crossbow and fires a bolt. "Yeah, but it saw me, so I called for help!" he says.

Crossbow: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 8

That probably misses. :(


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki summons all his anger and rage, drawing on the strength of the bear, lets out an animalistic howl and charges the big spider, bringing his greataxe down in a powerful swing.

Attack: (Rage, Charge) 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: (Rage) 1d12 + 7 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 3 = 17


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

If the spider is still alive on his turn, Garlon will cast flare on it (DC 13 fort save or be dazed for one minute).


Gaddi's crossbow flies off to thunk into the hut behind the spider, but Bjarki has better luck. The raging warrior crushes the spider neatly down the middle. The mortally wounded monster collapses.

Nice job, Bjarki.
Gaddi, that was the surprise round.
80 XP everyone.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will approach the hut cautiously and look inside the window for signs of further spiders. Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Garlon:
You see thick webbing covering the window, and can't see or hear anything beyond it. At the front door, there's a small object on the ground.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will cautiously check out the front door and the object near it.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


The webbing doesn't completely cover the front door and the inside of the hut seems to be relatively free of it. The object is a girl's doll, covered in grime from age, and sort of creepy.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Quietly motioning the others to be ready to provide backup, Garlon will carefully check out the interior of the hut.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki stands panting for a minutes, the adrenaline still coursing through his body, then approaches the hut at Garlon's sign.


keeping a careful watch over Garlon for the signal to help him


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Gaddi reloads his crossbow and waits, licking lips anxiously.


The hut is empty, fairly clean in the center but exceedingly dusty and with webs festooning the walls and the ceiling. In the center a trapdoor is barred by a rotting plank of wood.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon steps out of the hut and reports the presence of a trap door in the floor.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Well, let's see what glory awaits in the basement, Bjarki says with a smile and moves to open the trap door.


The basement is pitch-black and it's impossible to see how large it is from above; if someone drops down, the bottom is pretty shallow, but the sides disappear into darkness.

perception 15:
You hear the faint, disturbing sound of sobbing.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18

Listen, someone's crying down there...


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will cast light and look down the opening to see what he can see.
Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21

"We should help them," Gaddi says. "But be careful it's not a trick. I've heard people might pull tricks like that. Not that I'd have any experience with stuff like that..." He trails off.

151 to 200 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heroes of the Valley All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.