Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Heroes of the Valley


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>

Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

On his watch, Gaddi sits down at the table and watches the door, and particularly the eagle, not sure what to make of it. After about five minutes, he gets up and starts pacing. He manages a few minutes of that before sitting down again and watching the door. A short while later, he starts tapping his fingers lightly in impatience. That gradually turns into a heavier drumming on the tabletop. When that quite possibly gets too loud and wakes someone up, he apologizes meekly and tries to sit sit.

Eventually he pulls out his spellbook and tries to study that instead. Finally, bored out of his mind, he decides to have a little fun. He tries to sneakily switch people's packs, moving Garlon's to Bjarki, Bjarki's to Berric, Berric's to Aidan, and Aidan's to Garlon. He doesn't remove anything from the packs, just moves them.

Stealth: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Sleight of Hand: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

And, of course, a Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15

(Naturally, if something happens during his watch, he doesn't end up doing the above.)

Wow, three 12's in a row.


Is Aidan taking a shift?


The kid is brave to hope the eagle and his master are fully asleep.
Perception to notice the prank Garlon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28 Perergin 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20


Not sure if that's enough to notice or not, since neither would really have had a chance to fall asleep before the prank was attempted having just come off a shift and being in a house full of strangers. If it is, he would quietly be advised that pranks may not be the best way to start off with the group and then eagle and master would return to sleep, with the eagle now roosting on the bag.


Just curious to see if berric would notice the trick :D
Perception 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Edit: Nope!


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Pretty much any other roll, and I wouldn't be questioning success or failure; that one is just close enough I could see it going either way because he is not a very trusting fellow, and being in a house full of strangers would not be conducive to a deep sleep, especially after having been awake for his watch.


I think I didn't have to take a shift with all the volunteering for it


Since Garlon rolled a 20, I'd say he notices.


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Upon being discovered, Gaddi's face goes bright red and he slinks away with a mumbled apology and an insistence that he didn't mean any harm and that it will never happen again. He sits down in a corner looking hugely embarrassed. "Sorry," he mumbles again.

Just a note: I don't intend Gaddi to pull these sorts of stunts on the party very often (since he's been caught, he probably won't try it again for quite a while, if ever). I don't want him to be disruptive to the party. :)


Believe me... I have had problem players. And you're not being disruptive. At all. After all, didn't the Houses sort of try and pick their most dysfunctional members? :) A little inter-party complication is a good thing in my book.

The night passes uneventfully (besides Gaddi's prank), and the sun eventually rises behind ill-omened clouds. The fire is barely smoldering, and the air is chill. A crow's harsh, loud crowing is the only sound. If one were inclined to be superstitious, they'd probably have a bleak outlook for the day.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

You will note that Garlon really didn't get overly upset over the prank. So no worries, it fits the character.

As dawn progresses, Garlon steps outside briefly with Peregrin to scrounge some breakfast. While not overly successful, he does manage to get enough to make sure that stomachs won't be completely empty as they begin their adventure. As he returns with the small breakfast, he asks, "So anybody know exactly what it is we are supposed to be chasing down, or did they just send us on a wild goose chase to soothe their conscience?"


If told of the prank Berric will actually find it ammusing

"Lacking any better information i supose we head deeper into the valley and poke around for whatever is causing the problems. As far as i can tell my father was not really worried as it was nowhere near our lands and mostly agreed to send me as a test of my abilities."

delusional much Berric :P

With that Berric will get ready to leave, strapping his pack to Valdyrkyn. (it's too heavy for him)


"Well seems we got some sort of leader here... Berric!" as he approaches and stands very close to him "Well I won't mind if the rest agree, for after all I live for glory in battle, and mead, women and a good meal for when I'm not at war" as he puts his hand in his shoulder and turns around to face the rest "We are brothers now, our past is only that, our present is now and our future will come as we stand to face it men, now pack up and get ready to move out, we must find a clue of our business as Berric says" after saying this he goes to take his things and dress properly for battle.


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

I'm not used to be led, but as long as you are willing and able to lead us with bravery and honor, I will not object. Going further into the valley does sound prudent. And I'm sure it is nothing 'we' can't handle, Bjarki says, patting his great axe with a smile on his face.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"If traveling we be doing today, than best get started earlier than later. The sun waits for no man, and I would rather not be traveling through strange terrain at night looking for a place to sleep." Garlon comments as Peregrin finishes up his breakfast and lands on Garlon's shoulder, ready to defend himself, his master, and his master's apparent companions as needed. To read either of their inner thoughts would have been difficult at best as Garlon quietly double checks his crossbow, waiting for the word to head out.


Marching order, please.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon will bring up the rear, keeping an eye behind them, and sending Peregrin off to hunt every so often as they travel.


Im no a good point man, got no perception hahahah so I'll be close to the front probably behind the point man so I can get into the fight faster


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Gaddi perks up somewhat when he realizes people aren't angry at him for the prank. In the morning, he's quite eager to get started.

He's willing to take whatever position in the marching order people want him to take, but he's particularly willing to be right at the front (which probably isn't actually the best place for him) so he can see better. :)


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki starts down the road, assuming the rest will follow, his long, strong legs carrying him at a brisk pace.


Me! Leader? I'm not sure i'm the right person for the role." Berric will say as he tries to catch up with Bjarki. "Still if thats what you all want i'll do my best. Bjarki seems to be happy at the front, and i'm not sure i could catch him now to tell him otherwise so i'll send Valdyrkyn to guard him Aidan can go next followed by Gaddi and Myself then Garlon can watch our backs if that is ok by you all.

assuming thats ok (it should be it's what they all said ooc :D) we will set out in that order

Bjarki/Valdyrkyn

Aidan
Gaddi/Berric

Garlon/Peregrin


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Excellent, now that we have a plan, we should probably move out and let Bjarki know." Garlon chuckles quietly as he sees Bjarki hurry out the door without knowing when everybody else would be ready to follow. "I just hope he doesn't run into anything until we catch up; I guess we'll know if we hear screaming.


Perception, please.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

Garlon's Perception 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Peregrin's Perception 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19


Valdyrkyn's Perception1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Berric's Perception1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


Perception 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Obviously, Bjarki is going to wait up for the others every once in a while...he just tends to "forget" that he's faster, so he'll at times be 50-100 yards ahead.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Gaddi whistles (somewhat poorly) as he walks.


The day continues peacefully until noon, when it seems like the right time for whatever lunch there is to be had. The day brightens up, but due to the cloud cover it's still a grey sort of light, and the threat of rain today still hasn't past. But for the moment, with the light breeze and high sun, it's about as pleasant as the countryside ever is.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

As Peregrin dines on a small rabbit caught earlier in the day, Garlon munches on some hard tack while he considers the situation quietly. Turning to Gaddi, "Did you choose to come on this trip, or was the choice essentially made for you? So far the party seems about evenly split on that score."


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

"My father volunteered me," Gaddi says with a frown. "He thought I'd be a good choice because I've had magical training. But he probably also wanted to get rid of me again. That's why he sent me for magical training in the first place. I wasn't strong enough or good enough with a sword for him." He looks down at his feet somewhat embarrassedly and hesitates slightly before continuing. "But what he doesn't know is that I'm not very good at magic either. My teacher kicked me out."

After a pause, he looks up with a bright smile. "But I am good at being sneaky and hiding and squeezing through tight spaces. And I'm fast! I don't mean running fast, although I'm not slow at that. I mean I react fast. It's hard to get the jump on me, which could be helpful if there's evil creatures around waiting to jump at us." His smile slips and he looks around him, making sure nothing's ready to jump out right at that moment.


"Perhaps if you calmed down a bit while trying to study, it would aid your efforts in learning magic. It is not something that can be done quickly when it is still being learned. I myself find the peace I need in the purity of the wilderness. It is probable that you just need to find the one thing that will allow you to focus your energies properly; you certainly seem to have the energy for it." Garlon chuckles quietly at the boy's constantly shifting attention span. "At any rate, Berric, if you are to be our leader, I would like to do some brief training with you and your friend at some point so that Peregrin may better serve as messenger."


"I doubt someone cares were and how you got here Gaddi, yer here now as long as you do yer part in"


"Training Garlon? What sort of training would that be? Not that i mind learning something new. Looking to Gaddi he continues, "You're not the only one here who had little talent for swordsmanship Gaddi. Perhaps you should look upon the training your father sent you to as him attempting to help you find your true talents."


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Training exercises to help him get accustomed to you and your carniverous looking friend. Anybody else who cares to join in may, but as you are the apparent leader, I definitely want him able to find you and be comfortable doing so quickly."


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

And I wouldn't mind sparring with any of you, if you feel a need to hone your fighting. Sticks only, as I don't want to break any of you by accident, of course, Bjarki says with a smile.


"That sounds like a good idea there may be a time when such familiarity could be vital." He smiles ruefully before he continues, "Valdyrkyn here in not an animal, at least as i understand these things. As to what he is I was honest when I said before that I didn't know and he seems to find that rather amusing and so won't tell me either. Say hello to our new companions Vald."

Hello! Says Valdyrkyn with evident amusement at the literal interpretation.


Garlon comments half jokingly, apparently warming up slightly to the company, "I'm sure Valdrkyn would be hard to break by accident, Bjarki, and would provide good training on non humans for you, something that could prove vital in the days ahead, as whatever we are facing certainly doesn't sound human to me."


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Gaddi jumps when Valdyrkyn speaks. "He spoke!" he gasps.


Turns to look at jarki "When we get some time I'll take you up in that offer Bjarki, but that has to wait until we are finished with what we are suppose to do" with a smirk in his face as if amused.

Looking with somewhat of awe and distrust "Well at least I know he won't be playing go fetch and it's smart enough, must welcome Vald"


"Yes he can talk although he doesn't bother for the most part unless he has something to say. All I know is what the runecasters say which is Valdyrkyn's soul and mine are linked and through that link i can call him to this world from wherever he lives."

I wanted to say Midgard and Asgard but i wasn't sure those terms are appropriate here

Still that is not really important we really need to keep moving and see what we can find about the troubles hereabouts so i suggest we get moving."


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

"Let us be on our way than, people can continue to discuss things as we walk."

Perception check for the afternoon stroll
Garlon 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Peregrin 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


Male Human Rogue 1/Illusionist 0 (favoured class: rogue)

Gaddi watches Valdyrkyn in awe for the first half hour or so of the afternoon walk. He also attempts to engage the wolf-like creature in conversation by inundating him with questions. "You're from another world? What's it like there? Are there other creatures like you there? Can they talk, too? How many of them are there?" And so on... He does eventually get bored of the questions and stops.

Perception check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Valdyrkyn will endure the questions stoicly for a few moments before finaly stateing. "Human be still, only prey chatters like a monkey."[ He will then rejoin Bjarki on point.

Berric will smile at Gaddi and say "Thats what he said to me the first time i summoned him and asked all those questions. Anyway he is right that exessive talking on the trail could be hazardous."

Perception for Valdyrkyn1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Perception for Berric1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14


Male Human Barbarian (Invulnerable Rager)/1

Bjarki appreciates the company and silently admires the creature striding so close to him, though he's also slightly in awe by the magical nature of the beast.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Berric Vandrbarn wrote:

"Yes he can talk although he doesn't bother for the most part unless he has something to say. All I know is what the runecasters say which is Valdyrkyn's soul and mine are linked and through that link i can call him to this world from wherever he lives."

I wanted to say Midgard and Asgard but i wasn't sure those terms are appropriate here

Still that is not really important we really need to keep moving and see what we can find about the troubles hereabouts so i suggest we get moving."

The material plane could well be called Midgard among the houses; so, assuming Asgard is a similar parallel, it works fine.


The day remains fine. You will reach sight of the riverbank by nightfall.


Male Human Eagle Shaman 1

As night nears, Garlon starts looking for a suitable campsite and sends Peregrin into the nearby woods for supper, making sure he stays close enough to receive help if needed.

Survival check to find campsite 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


"Starving quite a bit, I don't know if everyone else is?" as he keeps stand watch for any ambush


While you set up camp for the night Valdyrkyn and i will go hunt it's unfair to make peregrin do all the work. Afterwards if it's alright we can use the same watch pattern as we did in the house."Berric and Valdyrkyn will then go hunt.

Berric will use guidance to add to survival for himself and Valdyrkyn

Valdyrkyn's Survival to hunt1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Berric's assist to hunt1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Watch will be
Bjarki
Aidan
Garlon
Gaddi
Berric (will summon Vald at the start of his watch again)

Berric's Perception for watch1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Valdyrkyn's Perception for watch1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

51 to 100 of 325 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Heroes of the Valley All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.