Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Godzilla vs. Cthulhu


Off-Topic Discussions

1 to 50 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

The king is here, now feel your fear. There can be only one.

His grin dripped with red as he walked from the place where the traitor lost both his name and his face. He walked through the halls and the corridors stinking in blood. He tasted his grin and it tasted good.

Ripped open he died, and with his final breath he hailed the king. His head had been taken; dreams left broken and dead.

Screams echo loud. All hail the king!

Into the dirt, his will be done. Now feel your fear.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

If a crazy Norwegian dude in a boat could knock his block off(yeah yeah, "stars weren't right", whateva), Godzilla can damn well stomp Cthulhu down. Enjoy your radiation, Squidsworth.

Of course this leaves us with the possibility of a Godzilla driven to insanity unleashed upon the world, but that's why we keep Jet Jaguar around.

....he hasn't been mothballed, has he?

Qadira

Wasn't there a module that once said, sure you could nuke Cthulhu but then he would be pissed off and radioactive?


None of this is sciencific, and therefore, merely anicdotal conjerkture.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

I think it was Cthulhu Today where it said if you nuke Cthulhu, he comes back in something like 30 minutes and radioactive.


Lorm Dragonheart wrote:
I think it was Cthulhu Today where it said if you nuke Cthulhu, he comes back in something like 30 minutes and radioactive.

So, a dead Cthulhu equals a Godzilla? Cool.


I don't know . . . if Jaime Lannister can beat him, I'm sure Godzilla can do it:

Jaime Lannister versus Cthulhu

Silver Crusade

Turn on the lightbulb and Mothra will come flying in to save the day!


Chubbs McGee wrote:
Turn on the lightbulb and Mothra will come flying in to save the day!

Nah everyone knows he is Robert Smith from The Cure.


Godzilla looks like a b*#@& to me.

Shadow Lodge

Godzilla got defeated by a large butterfly.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:
Godzilla got defeated by a large butterfly.

Godzilla is a chivalrous sort who would never cause undo harm to a lady.

He is also a loving father.


Kthulhu wrote:
Godzilla got defeated by a large butterfly.

> Butterfly? <

Andoran

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber

The stars have not yet been right for the dead dreamer to wake. So are we talking dead dreaming cthulhu or awake cthulhu vs godzilla?

Wait, I do not think it matters. My money is on the great old ones! There are no cults of godzilla to help spread his will after all. :)


The King of the Monsters does not need a cult to spread his will.


Cool...gotta root for my main lizard Godzilla, don't ya know.


Puff the Magic Dragon wrote:
Cool...gotta root for my main lizard Godzilla, don't ya know.

CAWTHULHU!!!!!!!

Silver Crusade

As long as we have Mintberry Crunch on our side, Cthulhu doesn't stand a chance.

Shadow Lodge

Cthulhu devours 1d6 radioactive mutants per round.


Sure, Godzilla has that cool song by Blue Oyster Cult, but "There goes Tokyo" is nothing compared to "There goes the entire human race."

Shadow Lodge

Godzilla is multicultural though, having attacked both New York and Japan.

Godzilla gets my vote.

Andoran

The point is moot, because Courage Wolf wins.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Companion Subscriber

In what sort of a contest are we pitting these monstrosities? Personally, I'd like to see them in an Iron Chef competition.

We all know Godzilla can serve up a healthy b_tt-kicking, but how well does he cook? The King of Monsters, of course, can provide his own heat, and nothing charbroils a Hedorah like atomic fire breath left on a slow burn. He's also got the advantage of hailing from a region known for its delicious cuisine.

Cthulhu, on the other hand crossed vast gulfs of time and space to finally come to rest in Earth's Pacific Ocean so he's got an eternity of experience and he's no doubt feasted upon the most succulent squirming masses of screaming, mortal fleshpockets the cosmos has to offer. All those tentacles might also give him an edge when it comes to multi-tasking in the kitchen.


Pathfinder Tales Subscriber
Billzabub wrote:
Sure, Godzilla has that cool song by Blue Oyster Cult, but "There goes Tokyo" is nothing compared to "There goes the entire human race."

The indiscriminant destroyer is hardly an artist.


Godzilla vs. Cthulhu equals calamari.


Godzilla wins... cuz Cthulhu is:
1. Fictional
2. Hard to pronounce
3. Sounds suspiciously like Kajagoogoo

Andoran

Okay, now hear me out... what if Cthulhu and Godzilla had a baby?


... And LO, Ryan Seacrest was born!

Silver Crusade

stormraven wrote:

Godzilla wins... cuz Cthulhu is:

1. Fictional
2. Hard to pronounce
3. Sounds suspiciously like Kajagoogoo

I was not aware that Godzilla was real? Next we are going to have giant moths and turtles wandering our capital cities as well...

If they fight in Tokyo, Godzilla would have a home ground advantage. My money is on Cthulu. He would eat Godzilla for breakfast... Literally!


Chubbs McGee wrote:
I was not aware that Godzilla was real?

Your ignorance is astounding. Fortunately, Godzilla is a kind and loving, albeit clumsy, God and he forgives you for your disbelief. The important thing is that He believes in you. Amen.


Chubbs McGee wrote:
stormraven wrote:

Godzilla wins... cuz Cthulhu is:

1. Fictional
2. Hard to pronounce
3. Sounds suspiciously like Kajagoogoo

I was not aware that Godzilla was real? Next we are going to have giant moths and turtles wandering our capital cities as well...

If they fight in Tokyo, Godzilla would have a home ground advantage. My money is on Cthulu. He would eat Godzilla for breakfast... Literally!

If they fight in Washington, DC, though, Cthulhu wins.

Looking at how our government is run, DC has to be just another name for R'lyeh.

Shadow Lodge

Godzilla is Chaotic Neutral

Silver Crusade

stormraven wrote:
Your ignorance is astounding. Fortunately, Godzilla is a kind and loving, albeit clumsy, God and he forgives you for your disbelief. The important thing is that He believes in you. Amen.

I am so lucky I am not due to go back to Tokyo until next April. I can placate the Great Godzilla for my blasphemous words!

Thank you Stormraven! :D


Out of topic but how is it that when monsters fight in Tokyo, the city is rebuilt perfectly the very next day?

Qadira

The Roy wrote:
Out of topic but how is it that when monsters fight in Tokyo, the city is rebuilt perfectly the very next day?

Nanites, those Japanese scientists are wonder workers.


The Roy wrote:
Out of topic but how is it that when monsters fight in Tokyo, the city is rebuilt perfectly the very next day?

Evidently you've never heard of Kaiju Contracting, Godzilla CEO.

It's the perfect racket: Knock 'em down. Build 'em back up. Repeat. :)


Chubbs McGee wrote:
stormraven wrote:
Your ignorance is astounding. Fortunately, Godzilla is a kind and loving, albeit clumsy, God and he forgives you for your disbelief. The important thing is that He believes in you. Amen.

I am so lucky I am not due to go back to Tokyo until next April. I can placate the Great Godzilla for my blasphemous words!

Thank you Stormraven! :D

You are welcome, my child. Remember, he is called GOD-zilla for a reason!

Qadira

stormraven wrote:
Chubbs McGee wrote:
stormraven wrote:
Your ignorance is astounding. Fortunately, Godzilla is a kind and loving, albeit clumsy, God and he forgives you for your disbelief. The important thing is that He believes in you. Amen.

I am so lucky I am not due to go back to Tokyo until next April. I can placate the Great Godzilla for my blasphemous words!

Thank you Stormraven! :D

You are welcome, my child. Remember, he is called GOD-zilla for a reason!

*Groan*


Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

In either event, let us put the matter to rest...

Godzilla's got his own theme song!

Andoran

stormraven wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

In either event, let us put the matter to rest...

Godzilla's got his own theme song!

Cthulhu's theme song is too hard to sing. That alone helps Godzilla win.

Qadira

stormraven wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

Yes ;)

Silver Crusade

Studpuffin wrote:
stormraven wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

In either event, let us put the matter to rest...

Godzilla's got his own theme song!

Cthulhu's theme song is too hard to sing. That alone helps Godzilla win.

I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce fthaghn.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Studpuffin wrote:
Cthulhu's theme song is too hard to sing.

You LIE!

Andoran

Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
Celestial Healer wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
stormraven wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

In either event, let us put the matter to rest...

Godzilla's got his own theme song!

Cthulhu's theme song is too hard to sing. That alone helps Godzilla win.
I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce fthaghn.

That one is easy... :D

fa-Tah'-gun

Godzilla has no fishmen. Godzilla has no cultists. Godzilla has no shuggoths or fungi from yuggoth. How would that color blind beast even see the color from outer space? Godzilla does not have the city of Arkham or Innsmouth wrapped around his finger.

Godzilla is a one trick pony. Even his threat is not as big as Cthulhu. Godzilla -I will destroy Tokyo (again). Cthulhu -Iwill destroy humanity in such a spendid and mind shattering way that you will want to serve me so i can offer you the boon of being destroyed first.


Sigil wrote:
Celestial Healer wrote:
Studpuffin wrote:
stormraven wrote:
Crimson Jester wrote:
*Groan*

Do I smell HERESY or merely a hatred of terrible jokes?

In either event, let us put the matter to rest...

Godzilla's got his own theme song!

Cthulhu's theme song is too hard to sing. That alone helps Godzilla win.
I'm still trying to figure out how to pronounce fthaghn.

That one is easy... :D

fa-Tah'-gun

Godzilla has no fishmen. Godzilla has no cultists. Godzilla has no shuggoths or fungi from yuggoth. How would that color blind beast even see the color from outer space? Godzilla does not have the city of Arkham or Innsmouth wrapped around his finger.

Godzilla does not need silly underlings. And in any event none could ever meet his high standards.

Gozilla does not wrap cities around his finger; he crushes them under his foot.

Godzilla does not need to see more than two colors; he orders the others to become black or white and they obey.

Cuthulhu is stuck in a box- a box that he is afraid to open because he might break the oh-so-pretty seal on the door. He is afraid he will get spanked again and told to stand in the corner, er, recline on the bottom of the sea.

And what has Cthulhu ever done, anyway? He has driven a few individuals off their rockers. Big deal. Show me a city he has destroyed or an army he has routed. Until then, he is just a big sea anemone with an overblown reputation.


Godzilla's stock piles of nuclear energy must be difficult to funnel. Kabloomers... destruction... oops, was that your city?


After the little octopussy's won a few preliminary bouts, the King might deign to wipe the sea floor with him. Until then, you squid-in-the-mouthpieces had best show some respect.


Wait, what do you mean Godzilla doesn't have a cult?!? Dude, then what cult have I been going to?


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Clearly you have been attending the Church of MECHA-Godzilla. You want the Church of Godzilla on 4th and Union. The Mecha church is on 5TH.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

Cthulhu has mindflayers.
Godzilla has Godzookey, the Scrappy Doo of monster sidekicks.
Snarf snarf!

1 to 50 of 139 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Godzilla vs. Cthulhu All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.