- Watched a dinosaur walked away
- Found an orrery
- Cleared the trail for the Shackles expedition
- Killed a dire crocodile
- 1 dire crocodile (CR 9, 6400xp)
Total XP: 6400
XP per PC: 1600xp
Now 2950xp into 7th.
After 14 hours of sleep I no longer have the headache. I'm not trusting myself to have solid foods yet but I do feel better. I wanted to play, but after bringing up mostly acid last time I was sick to my stomach, a lot of my will dissolved.
Yes, it's only now that I can laugh at it.
I'm good to go and haven't been sick for well over a week now :)
*pokes head out of a history book*
Oh.. hello. I've wandered away from the ship again haven't I...
"Alright you dogs! We've travelled a long way ta plunder this ancient city, and I brought all you along to find all the best takin's before an'one else arrives n' strips the place.
Yer organizer, Aerys Mavato, first told me about this place after she 'scaped bein' shipwrecked on the Smuggler's Shiv. She 'came pals with others that were shipwrecked with 'er, and they made it possible for us to be here, clearin' the threats ahead o' us and arrangin' fer the others to be slowed down. 'N I plan to take full advantage of our head start. Being in with the Shackles Pirates ain't fer dalliers er scaredy cats, so I don' want to hear about any problems that a firm hand won't solve.
Aerys is already plenty busy provin' herself a capable organizer. So I'm volunteering two of you to help our trailblazers explore the city and clear it o' threats. I don' plan for open bloodshed, but I won't let nuthin' stand in my way of gettin' the best goods first.
In case ya haven't met 'em yet, our trailblazers are:
Lini, a green haired gnome druid lass with a personality as firey as 'er spells. She's got a big snow leopard walkin' around with her named Droogami.
Her sister, Trini, is the blue-haired one with a weird winged cat thing she calls Makani.
They travel with a batty old witch named Kavi, along with her raven, Colonel Mathers, with some obsession with pineapples. I don't ask, she don't tell.
Not long ago I volunteered Rameej to help them translate ancient texts, but he's gone missin' for reasons unknown. So to be sure we don't fall behind in our explorin', I'm choosin' two of ya ta replace 'im.
But I'm open to volunteers first, so step forward if ya got the jewels to step out of the safety o' the camp. If none o' ya step forward, I'll be choosin' two o' ya maself. Now who will it be!"
*looks through an apparently empty bag* Drat. I'm completely out of flayleaf. Can anyone spare a....
How come you all stepped backward? Oh.. hi...
- met some apemen that lead you to the lair of 2 chimera
- killed two chimera. The apemen ran.
- returned to camp to rest, Kassata sent 4 pirates to help flay the crocodile for food. Fought 12 apemen that were already cutting it up.
- chimera (CR 7) = 3200
- advanced chimera (CR 8) = 4800
- 12 kech (12 x CR 3 (800)) = 9600
Total XP: 17600 (5866 xp each, now 8816xp into 7th)
- gloves of arrow snaring
- potion of delay poison
- potion of wter breathing
- 1950gp in jewelry
- 1800gp in various coin
- handy haversack
- wand of daze monster (11 charges)
- spellbooks for 11th level wizard
"Ahoy me harties," the battle scared old witch says, "I be Kavi and this happy fellow be Colonel Mathers, and you be joining us in da plunder and pillaging of this grand place? Well me hopes you be made out a sturdy stuff, no lubbers amongst ye two, cause this city be ripe with death and danger, and while me gnomish friends watch out for old Kavi they can't babysit the likes of you."
Venthal steps forward.
I'll aid yer wee lubbers in exploring this here city. So long as I gets a share of the plunder that is.
But before we head out, let us offer a quick prayer to the Black Lady, that she watches over this venture and keeps her sea monsters off our course, but doesn't watch so closely as to take an interest and plunder this place herself.
- Returned to camp
- Igori and Venthal joined the party
- Investigated ant attack, promised ghost a Pathfinder Chronicle with his name on it discovering Saventh-Yhi
- Climbed Merchant District ziggarat, fought gargantuan bat
- Activated Merchant District spire with gem powder, gained +6 on appraise checks
- Investigated flooded vault building, fought 4 shadows
- 150gp lost to gem powder, 50gp used to activate spire (100gp left)
- 2000gp gold statuette of ancient representation of Abadar
- Killed Giant Mwangi Night Bat (CR 8) - 4800xp
- Killed 3 shadows (CR 3 - 800x3) - 2400xp
- Killed 1 greater shadow (CR 8) - 4800xp
Total XP: 12000xp (2400xp per PC, now dividing by 5)
Now 11216xp into 7th.
Did a sell and split of the loot from Ch:2 and what we did in CH:3 before the newest joiners. After discussion with Guy and assigning people to be carrying things that were considered party loot, the division ended up as follows:
5 alchemist fire
Amulet of natural armor+1
ring of sustenence
wand of web (10 charges)
Wand of daze monster (11 charges)
5 alchemist fire
2 potions of lesser restoration
1 potion delay poison
amulet of natural armor +1
Eloko Bell (4 chg, DC14 will save)seek out source, 24hd, danger area = 2nd save.
ring of protection +1
gloves of arrow snaring
3887.5 gp from sold spellbooks for scrolls.
5 alchemist fire
1 potion cat's grace
1 potion water breathing
2 potions cure serious
adamantine machete(short sword)
war mask of terror (scare 1/day), +2 intimidate, +1 deflection to AC
elixir of fire breath
golden lion figurines
11th level wizard spellbooks (igori)
29900.5gp split 3 ways = 9966gp(rounded down to nearest for ease.)
I think my father is going to be camping but if he's home I could be a bit late but our game is pretty late in the afternoon so I shouldn't have too much trouble.
Kavi is going to buy the following scrolls with her scroll money fund:
See Invisibility x2
that adds up to 3855gp (including the 5gp ring Kavi needs as a focus for her Threefold aspect spell) leaving 32.5 to be divided up amongst the three of us :)
All but one scroll of See Invisibility are going to be added to Colonel Mathers. Kavi automatically succeeds on a take 10 BTW.
- Entered the charauka fortress, fought 4 dire apes, chased off Olujimi
- Fled the district and slept the night
- Returned the next day finding the district mostly quiet - and massacred apeman bodies in the plaza south of the ziggarat
- 4 dire apes (CR 3) 4x800 = 3200
- Olujimi (CR 9) 6400
Total: 9600 (3200 xp per PC, divided 3 ways)
Now 14416xp into 7th, 1584xp from 8th.
- unidentified javelin
- unidentified potion
- 2600gp in gems and coin
I'm expecting all of you to reach 8th level by the end of the next session, but I don't plan to have you level up during the session. Have 8th level versions ready for the next session after.
I have some work I should get done this weekend, along with some personal prep for the trip, AND I just found out today I'm the one to call if the monthend run at a big client fails this weekend.
So, depending on availability, and my mood, the Sunday game is up in the air at the moment.
The monthend run failed, so I'm jumping through hoops trying to help get things fixed. This will interfere with the other work I need to get done, so unless you hear from me, consider tonight's game postponed.
Work has me roped in again this weekend, so I won't be ready for tonight.
Sorry, folks. We'll continue this again one of these days.
Trying again in two weeks...
Understood pygon, work can get ya like that sometimes. g'luck getting it all done, and we'll be looking forward to the 29th!
- Approached ziggarat. Olujimi, Akkituk and 2 charauka thugs charge.
- During the fight, Grugonoth returns
- All are defeated.
- Charau-ka proclaim the characters their new gods
- Charau-ka are sent to the fortress and tasked with choosing a leader, and instructed to allow the pirates safe passage through the district.
- Military district spire is activated with blood from Grugonoth (red glow)
- The Aspis are informed, and Dargan tells them about the serpentfolk district, lead by someone named Egzimora.
- Olujimi, defeated for good (CR 9 = 6400xp)
- Akkituk (CR 8 = 4800xp)
- Grugonoth (CR 10 = 9600xp)
Total XP: 20800
XP per PC: 5200
PCs are now 8th level, with an extra 3616xp to apply to 8th level.
- +1 spear
- bracers of armor +4 (Kavi)
- bracers of armor +2 (Colonel)
- wand of silence (11 charges)
- +1 throwing axe
- (still waiting on contents of wizard's 11th level spellbooks)
Kavi hit points:
1d6 ⇒ 1
1d6 ⇒ 5
- Returned to camp, rested.
- Went to Government district. Escorted by serpentfolk to meet Egzimora.
- Killed Egzimora, who turned out to be a rakshasa
- Left her home and are now fighting their way out of the district (killed 2 serpentfolk squads and an amphisbaena)
- Rakshasa (CR 10) (9600 XP)
- 8 degenerate serpentfolk (CR 4 - 1200 XP) (9600 XP)
- 1 Amphisbaena (CR 7) (3200 XP)
Total XP: 22400, 5600 per PC.
Now 9216xp into 8th level.
- Unidentified magical kukri
- Unidentified magical ring
- Pouch of 12 doses of opium (25 gp each, 300gp total)
- still waiting on 11th level Spellbooks!
- Escaped the serpentfolk district
- Took serpentfolk prisoner back to camp, put in cage
- Proved that serpentfolk's god is dead
- Scouted the Pathfinder camp
- Killed 20 degenerate serpentfolk (CR 4 - 1200xp) = 24000
4800xp per PC (5 players)
Now 14016xp into 8th
- Escorted Bernie the serpentfolk back to his district
- Discovered Dargan and the Aspis had taken over there as the new "gods"
- Met the Pathfinders, and their leader, Amivor Glaur
- Checked in on the charau-ka - they have a new leader, a large charau-ka named Keelrok
- Entered the Residential District
- Killed 8 vegepygmies
- Found a tablet engraved with personal etchings about the death of the Azlanti
- Killed 8 advanced vegepygmies (CR 1, 3200xp)
640 xp per PC
Now 14656 into 8th
- Entered plaza of residential district, killed 32 vegepygmies and giant dream spider
- ascended ziggarat, killed 6 more vegepygmies and vegepygmy leader
- found Egzimora's manor
- discovered Kavi's daughter, Dalara
Lini: oh, this will end well.
- 39 advanced vegepygmies (CR 1, 400 each) = 15600xp
- Giant dream spider (CR 8, 4800xp)
- 2 spider swarms (CR 1, 800xp)
- Kilboolya (CR 6, 2400xp)
4720xp per PC (5 players)
Now 19376xp into 8th level (24000xp for 9th)
- 2 unidentified potions
- unidentified spear
- unidentified brooch
A quick recap of the events surrounding Kavi's life for those wondering what the heck is happening.
Kavi believes she was born in the year 4622 AR, this would make her well over 80 years old, but Kavi looks at best estimate to be only in her late 50s maybe early 60s. Kavi has no way of accounting for this discrepancy except that she believes that she spent some time being dead. How or when this happened she has no solid memories of, nor does Kavi remember how or when she was brought back from the dead.
Kavi remembers that she is the granddaughter of Baba Yaga, that she is one of the Jadwiga, and that she once lived and ruled in Irrisen. Kavi doesn't remember or hasn't shared with anyone who her mother is but a safe bet would be Queen Elvana. All Kavi has said about this period is that she was a very cruel and monstrous leader and has no desire to have that kind of control again. Kavi has never opposed Lini for the groups leadership and has in turn always acted as advisor.
Kavi has a mechanical eye. She believes that she gained this eye around the same time she died. She can't be certain. She can't remember where she got the eye either. She knows she visited Numeria at some point, and she knows there are pockets of strange alien technology there but her late husband Chilton was also a mechanical genius and he seemed to know a great deal about the eye. Chilton never took credit for the eye and Kavi never thought to ask where it came from. She's had the eye for at least a dozen years now and Chilton made her an eye patch which conceals the eye. Kavi is often plagued by headaches on that side of her head, most notably when thinking or when under intense stress.
The only memories Kavi has that are solid are the ones she has after she met and fell in love with Chilton, a gun smith from Alkenstar. Chilton was murdered and KAvi discovered evidence that a woman named Egzimora was involved. Kavi was certain that Egzimora was a person from her own past but wasn't sure how.
When the heroes were marooned on an island known as the Smuggler's Shiv Kavi grew strangely attached to a young woman named Sasha. During one of their adventures was attacked by a ghost. Her screams of terror sparked some memory in Kavi who jumped between Sasha and the ghost. After the encounter Kavi was horrified to remember that she had a daughter.
Kavi has two children but had assumed (rather hoped) that they were both dead. Kavi assumed that she would have had children when she was young and that they'd likely be in the sixties by now if they'd lived. Kavi knew something happened to her daughter, something terrible, but she can't (and doesn't want to) remember what that was.
Kavi sort of adopted the young girl, trying to mother her in her own unique aggressive and abrasive way. When the party were eventually rescued from the island Kavi was horrified to discover that Sasha was snatched up by the Red Mantis. Lini managed to secure a meeting with the Mantis and Kavi attempted to negotiate for Sasha's safe return but the leader of the Mantis refused and things became very heated. There is a full account of this scene already in the campaign journal but long story short: Kavi contemplated killing Sasha to save her from the Red Mantis.
Now Kavi has discovered that her daughter is still alive and very much in the clutches of an evil hag. Those familiar with the terrible back story might feel a slight uneasiness knowing what Kavi is willing to do to keep her daughter safe.
- Egzimora shows Kavi the Azlanti cauldron. Kavi uses it to examine the remaining spires
- Group returns to the pirate camp
- Purchase price goes up to 6000gp
- Trade route will be established with civilization soon.
- Party rests
- Party destroys mold covering residential ziggarat, activates residential spire, laughs at Dargan
- Kavi visits Egzimora and Dalara, participates in a training exercise
- Party enters Temple District
- Sees dinosaur with thunder tail, Lini takes notes for Sasha
- Kills patrol of troglodytes
- Destroyed mold covering residential zaggarat (3200 xp)
- Killed 4 advanced troglodytes and 2 troglodyte clerics (4800 xp)
- 2 potions of cure light wounds
- 2 potions of invisibility
- 2 wands of sound burst (19 charges) (2200gp each)
- 2 masterwork shortspears
- 56 gp
Total XP: 8000xp
2000xp per PC
Now 21376xp into 8th (24000xp for 9th)
|Lini - Serpent's Skull|
Sell/split of loot.
Summary of items:
100gp gem powder
2000gp statue of abadar
2600 gp gems/coin
javelin of lightning 750gp
spear +1 1150gp
throwing axe +1 1150gp
kukri +1 1150gp
ring of water walking 7500gp
10 doses opium (25gp each) 250 gp total
spear +1 1150gp
2 wands of sound burst (19 charges each) 1100gpx2
2 MW shortspear 150gpx2
Total sell value: 20369 gp.
Split Share: 4073 gp.
brooch of shielding - Kavi
wand of silence (11 charges) - Venthal
1 potion of gaseous form
3 potion cure light
3 potion invisibility
- defeated more patrols of troglodytes as they approached the ziggarat
- fought 3 huge mantises in the plaza and more patrols
- examined impenetrable building to the north with a statue of Savith on top
- climbed Temple ziggarat, fought leader and another patrol
- found mantis blade, gave it to Chivane
- encountered a wounded and mind-damaged elven woman in tattered rags
- 12 troglodyte acolytes (CR 4, 1200xp) = 14400xp
- 20 advanced troglodytes (CR 2, 600xp) = 12000xp
- 3 jungle mantises (CR 6, 2400xp) = 7200xp
- 2 advanced deinonychuses (CR 4, 1200xp) = 2400xp
- Lissikal (CR 10, 9600xp) = 9600xp
- told Sasha about strange dinosaur = 4800xp
Total XP: 50400xp
XP per PC: 10080xp (divided by 5)
Now 9th level
Currently 7456xp into 9th (30000xp for 10th)
- 12 masterwork shortspears (301gp each)
- 10 wands of sound burst (19 charges) (2200gp each)
- 10 potions of invisibility - (300gp each)
- 10 potions of cure light wounds - (50gp each)
- potion of barkskin (300gp)
- potion of shield of faith +3 (200gp)
- wand of lesser restoration (23 charges) (2200gp)
- +1 light crossbow (2335gp)
- +1 mighty cleaving scythe (8318gp)