Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Flat footed, Touch, AC?


Rules Questions


I want to know a thing, to calculate the flat footed score, you have to forget your dexterity, for the touch score, it's the armor, but what about the deflection modifier, misc modifier, natural modifier and size modifier, are they used in the total for the flat flooted and touch scores?


sempai33 wrote:
I want to know a thing, to calculate the flat footed score, you have to forget your dexterity, for the touch score, it's the armor, but what about the deflection modifier, misc modifier, natural modifier and size modifier, are they used in the total for the flat flooted and touch scores?

Armor, shield and natural armor bonuses do not apply to touch AC.

Dex and Dodge bonuses do not apply to flat footed AC (unless you have an ability like uncanny dodge to mitigate things)

-James


james maissen wrote:


Armor, shield and natural armor bonuses do not apply to touch AC.
Dex and Dodge bonuses do not apply to flat footed AC (unless you have an ability like uncanny dodge to mitigate things)
-James

Thanks!

Andoran

james maissen wrote:
sempai33 wrote:
I want to know a thing, to calculate the flat footed score, you have to forget your dexterity, for the touch score, it's the armor, but what about the deflection modifier, misc modifier, natural modifier and size modifier, are they used in the total for the flat flooted and touch scores?

Armor, shield and natural armor bonuses do not apply to touch AC.

Dex and Dodge bonuses do not apply to flat footed AC (unless you have an ability like uncanny dodge to mitigate things)

-James

And all other bonuses apply across the board.


Core Rulebook, Touch AC:
When you are the target of a touch attack, your AC doesn't include any armor bonus, shield bonus, or natural armor bonus. All other modifiers, such as your size modifier, Dexterity modifier, and deflection bonus (if any) apply normally.

Core Rulebook, Flatfooted AC:
Flat-Footed: At the start of a battle, before you have had a chance to act (specifically, before your first regular turn in the initiative order), you are flat-footed. You can't use your Dexterity bonus to AC (if any) while flat-footed.

Side note: while it is not mentioned here, it's mentioned elsewhere that any time you are denied your DEX bonus to AC you also are denied your Dodge bonus to ac, so this is also true of being Flatfooted - no DEX, no Dodge.

All other bonuses that are not specifically excluded are still in effect, so you always get your Size and Deflection bonus, you lose Natural AC vs. Touch but not when flatfooted, and "Misc" modifiers are too vauge to answer completely - take each on a case by case basis.

Ninja'd by James, but I included cites.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Rules Questions / Flat footed, Touch, AC? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.