Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

>>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<<


Off-Topic Discussions

18,101 to 18,150 of 51,260 << first < prev | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | next > last >>

James Jacobs wrote:
corvidae wrote:

A half orc with Toothy alternate racial feature and Razortusk feat gets two bite attacks.

Do they 'stack', can you use both on a Full-Attack action?

Unless you're a freaky mutant with two separate mouths... no, they don't stack. Take the better one and use the other racial feature/feat for something else.

OK, thank you for the prompt reply. But what if I, well my character is anyway, a freak of nature? Say I take the Vestigial Limb discovery twice as an Alchemist and get an extra claw attack from some other source, for example a Natural Attack Ranger who takes Aspect of the Beast as their style feat.

Paizo Employee Chief Technical Officer

doctor_wu wrote:
How often does paizo have to reorder markers for the dry erase boards?

There are currently 21 markers in the tray for the tech team's board, and no two are identical.


I see that your resurrected Bigfoot Country blog's last post was in late March. Has this one fallen by the wayside like the old one did?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

doctor_wu wrote:
How often does paizo have to reorder markers for the dry erase boards?

Relatively often.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Stratagemini wrote:
What is your Favorite Office Supply?

Extra Fine blue Precise V5 Pilot ball-point pens.

Black sharpies are a close second.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

corvidae wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
corvidae wrote:

A half orc with Toothy alternate racial feature and Razortusk feat gets two bite attacks.

Do they 'stack', can you use both on a Full-Attack action?

Unless you're a freaky mutant with two separate mouths... no, they don't stack. Take the better one and use the other racial feature/feat for something else.
OK, thank you for the prompt reply. But what if I, well my character is anyway, a freak of nature? Say I take the Vestigial Limb discovery twice as an Alchemist and get an extra claw attack from some other source, for example a Natural Attack Ranger who takes Aspect of the Beast as their style feat.

You'll need your GM's permission to get freaky then. I can't help you.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Shadowcat7 wrote:
I see that your resurrected Bigfoot Country blog's last post was in late March. Has this one fallen by the wayside like the old one did?

It did sort of fall by the wayside for a bit while I was slammed with work stuff. And after it felt like no one was looking at it, of course... but if folks ARE looking at it, maybe I'll go back to it and do stuff with it...


Are the rumors that you were named by Stan Lee true?

And just for the heck of it here is a list of characters named by Stan Lee that would lead to such a rumor.
Black Bolt
Betty Brant
Doctor Doom
Dum Dum Dugan
Fin Fang Foom
Frederick Foswell
Green Goblin
Gregory Gideon
Grey Gargoyle
Happy Hogan
J. Jonah Jameson
John Jameson
Junior Juniper
Living Laser
Madame Masque
Man Mountain Marko
Pepper Potts
Peter Parker
Princess Python
Rebel Ralston
Randy Robertson
Robbie Robertson
Silver Surfer
Spencer Smythe

And likely James Jacobs.....


This may be answered elsewhere, but : What's north of the Worldwound? Are there giants up there?


James Jacobs wrote:
Shadowcat7 wrote:
I see that your resurrected Bigfoot Country blog's last post was in late March. Has this one fallen by the wayside like the old one did?
It did sort of fall by the wayside for a bit while I was slammed with work stuff. And after it felt like no one was looking at it, of course... but if folks ARE looking at it, maybe I'll go back to it and do stuff with it...

Understandable with your work load.

Well...I was reading it, that's one at least. But I understand if it's not feasible to do.

Hmm, that's not a question.

If there were only a couple people reading the blog would it be worth it to continue?


James Jacobs wrote:
Shadowcat7 wrote:
I see that your resurrected Bigfoot Country blog's last post was in late March. Has this one fallen by the wayside like the old one did?
It did sort of fall by the wayside for a bit while I was slammed with work stuff. And after it felt like no one was looking at it, of course... but if folks ARE looking at it, maybe I'll go back to it and do stuff with it...

I read and check it for updates regularly. I especially like the movie reviews. I've now seen every movie you've reviewed so far (2 of them because of your reviews). I had a feeling the "7 days a week" thing would not hold up, but good try!

I'm still waiting for the "thoughts on D&D Next" post. You know "getting players of all editions at the same table" really means "getting Pathfinder players to the D&D table", so you must have some thoughts about it. They'll come out sooner or later. ;)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

The Minis Maniac wrote:

Are the rumors that you were named by Stan Lee true?

Only if that'll help me get some of those Phat Movie Bucks!

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Michael Radagast wrote:
This may be answered elsewhere, but : What's north of the Worldwound? Are there giants up there?

Pathfinder #51 covers what's north of the northern edge of the map—but the short version is: a fair bit of unsettled wilderness and then another continent: the Crown of the World.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Shadowcat7 wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
Shadowcat7 wrote:
I see that your resurrected Bigfoot Country blog's last post was in late March. Has this one fallen by the wayside like the old one did?
It did sort of fall by the wayside for a bit while I was slammed with work stuff. And after it felt like no one was looking at it, of course... but if folks ARE looking at it, maybe I'll go back to it and do stuff with it...

Understandable with your work load.

Well...I was reading it, that's one at least. But I understand if it's not feasible to do.

Hmm, that's not a question.

If there were only a couple people reading the blog would it be worth it to continue?

Yup. And while I could certainly see the page views on the stats page... it's just more encouraging to see posts, I guess.

If only because it's easier to tell what folks want to see more of.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
cibet44 wrote:
I'm still waiting for the "thoughts on D&D Next" post. You know "getting players of all editions at the same table" really means "getting Pathfinder players to the D&D table", so you must have some thoughts about it. They'll come out sooner or later. ;)

I absolutely do have some thoughts on "D&D Next," but I'm not gonna talk about them in public.

IN any case... this HAS started compelling me to do more blog posts...

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

James,

Will we eventually see some dinosaur minis in the Pathfinder line?

How about some minis of animals such as horses, badgers, octopi, to name three?

More swarm minis?


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber

You have a blog? I never knew. I can you give me a link so I can check it out?

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
LazarX wrote:
What did you think of the Rune Giants of Northrend?
As in the giants that appeared in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft? They were big, and they had some cool faction rewards, but overall that part of the expansion wasn't my favorite...

There were lots of different giants in the expac. The Rune Giants you might rememember encountering them doing a lemming style march from the Howling Ford to the Grizzly Hills. Had runes on their bodies and a bit of tree growth on top. And if you encountered them before flight was allowed and you got caught unaware it could be pretty sticky since they were elite. Those were my favorite because they were so different in looks.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
The Minis Maniac wrote:

Are the rumors that you were named by Stan Lee true?

Only if that'll help me get some of those Phat Movie Bucks!

When I saw this question, I had visions of Stan Lee presiding over your birth in a manger, shouting the word. "Excelsior!"


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Hi James - I love Blood of Fiends, but was a tiny bit disappointed there was no expansion on half fiends. This is not a criticism, but I feel the template in Bestiary 1 is a bit of a one-size-fits-all. Are there any plans to expand the template to allow for different half fiends based on the fiendish parent - obviously you couldn't provide a template for every fiendish parent, but equally obviously some fiends seem far more likely to father half fiends than others - just as you have pitborn, etc for tieflings, do you have any plans to have variations for half fiend incubus, half fiend bearded devil, half fiend pariaka, etc. For example, the half fiend child of an incubus gets wings, but the half fiend child of a bearded devil does not. The +4/+2 bonuses on ability scores might line up with the fiendish parent's strong/week ability scores and the powers at each two levels could be varied to reflect those of the fiendish parent (for an incubus, 1-2HD: charm person, 3-4HD: detect thoughts, 5-6HD: suggestion, 7-8HD: crushing despair, etc). I think this would make for a much more interesting and variable series of half fiends, making them much less "predictable", whilst at the same time keeping to the "spirit" of the half fiend template in Bestiary 1. Any plans?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Aberzombie wrote:

James,

Will we eventually see some dinosaur minis in the Pathfinder line?

How about some minis of animals such as horses, badgers, octopi, to name three?

More swarm minis?

We'll see.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

John Kretzer wrote:
You have a blog? I never knew. I can you give me a link so I can check it out?

Bigfoot Country

Paizo Employee Creative Director

LazarX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
LazarX wrote:
What did you think of the Rune Giants of Northrend?
As in the giants that appeared in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft? They were big, and they had some cool faction rewards, but overall that part of the expansion wasn't my favorite...
There were lots of different giants in the expac. The Rune Giants you might rememember encountering them doing a lemming style march from the Howling Ford to the Grizzly Hills. Had runes on their bodies and a bit of tree growth on top. And if you encountered them before flight was allowed and you got caught unaware it could be pretty sticky since they were elite. Those were my favorite because they were so different in looks.

Oh! Right. Guess they didn't leave much of an impression on me.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Roleplaying Game, Tales Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
LazarX wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
LazarX wrote:
What did you think of the Rune Giants of Northrend?
As in the giants that appeared in the Wrath of the Lich King expansion for World of Warcraft? They were big, and they had some cool faction rewards, but overall that part of the expansion wasn't my favorite...
There were lots of different giants in the expac. The Rune Giants you might rememember encountering them doing a lemming style march from the Howling Ford to the Grizzly Hills. Had runes on their bodies and a bit of tree growth on top. And if you encountered them before flight was allowed and you got caught unaware it could be pretty sticky since they were elite. Those were my favorite because they were so different in looks.
Oh! Right. Guess they didn't leave much of an impression on me.

They would if they stepped on you. It's also possible you might have missed them if you came up through the Borean Tundra entry instead. The area is also noted for the Harrison Jones "escort" quest. (The one where he escorts YOU.)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Timothy Ferdinand wrote:
Hi James - I love Blood of Fiends, but was a tiny bit disappointed there was no expansion on half fiends. This is not a criticism, but I feel the template in Bestiary 1 is a bit of a one-size-fits-all. Are there any plans to expand the template to allow for different half fiends based on the fiendish parent - obviously you couldn't provide a template for every fiendish parent, but equally obviously some fiends seem far more likely to father half fiends than others - just as you have pitborn, etc for tieflings, do you have any plans to have variations for half fiend incubus, half fiend bearded devil, half fiend pariaka, etc. For example, the half fiend child of an incubus gets wings, but the half fiend child of a bearded devil does not. The +4/+2 bonuses on ability scores might line up with the fiendish parent's strong/week ability scores and the powers at each two levels could be varied to reflect those of the fiendish parent (for an incubus, 1-2HD: charm person, 3-4HD: detect thoughts, 5-6HD: suggestion, 7-8HD: crushing despair, etc). I think this would make for a much more interesting and variable series of half fiends, making them much less "predictable", whilst at the same time keeping to the "spirit" of the half fiend template in Bestiary 1. Any plans?

Half-fiends are not really all that appropriate as a player option. They're too strong. Too powerful. They're intended to be monsters. And in fact, Tieflings are very much intended to scratch the itch for players who want to play fiends or half fiends.

If we ever DO do something about half fiends... it'll be in the context of a GM book. Like one of the Books of the Damned.

I'm not a huge fan, in any event, of doing a half fiend specialized for every fiend. Not only because we publish fiends so often that any attempt we make to categorized that level of detail will be out of date in months, but also because not all fiends are or should be interested or are even capable of procreating.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

LazarX wrote:
They would if they stepped on you. It's also possible you might have missed them if you came up through the Borean Tundra entry instead. The area is also noted for the Harrison Jones "escort" quest. (The one where he escorts YOU.)

Oh, I'm sure I saw them. My favorite part of WoW is the leveling and exploration, so I generally make sure to do all of those quests and explore all of those areas.


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Half-fiends are not really all that appropriate as a player option. They're too strong. Too powerful. They're intended to be monsters. And in fact, Tieflings are very much intended to scratch the itch for players who want to play fiends or half fiends.

If we ever DO do something about half fiends... it'll be in the context of a GM book. Like one of the Books of the Damned.

I'm not a huge fan, in any event, of doing a half fiend specialized for every fiend. Not only because we publish fiends so often that any attempt we make to categorized that level of detail will be out of date in months, but also because not all fiends are or should be interested or are even capable of procreating.

I completely agree - half fiends are much better as "monsters" than as PCs, but my issue lies in the fact that as you point out, many fiends are unlikely or incapable of reproducing - the ones that are (succubus, incubus, etc) don't really seem to line up well with the half fiend template - would the child of a succubus really have the features of the half fiend template? I know that the Moonscar module is likely to cover half fiend succubi, so perhaps thats the way forward - deal with this issue as it arises in APs and Modules. Thanks anyway.

Sovereign Court Contributor , Star Voter 2013

I just read here that the reason At the Mountains of Madness has been delayed or even cancelled is because of Prometheus.

That's really frustrating. It's odd to me that there seems to be insufficient space in the movie market for the two to be coming out in the same year.

Maybe you have some sort of thoughts on this, James - perhaps for your blog, and I don't know, but is the same thing true in the RPG universe? Is saturation possible, and what I see as a theme that can be approached in many ways just not saleable too many times?


James Jacobs wrote:
ThreeEyedSloth wrote:

Hey James, I have a question that's caused quite a bit of contention at my local game store.

Does the Urban Barbarian's Controlled Rage replace the regular rage ability? There's one little word in the text that throws a wrinkle in the whole thing.

"When an urban barbarian rages, instead of making a normal rage she may apply a +4 morale bonus to her Strength, Dexterity, or Constitution."

Emphasis mine. Some players feel that the Urban Barb is allowed both rages, but I feel that the usage of the word, "may", is used to denote that you are allowed a choice of which physical stat you'd like to apply the rage bonus to.

As in, the word "may" is granting permission in that one ability, not granting access to two different ones. I hope that makes sense.

It does indeed replace normal rage. An urban barbarian doesn't get to apply a bonus to both Str and Con. He instead gets only one +4 bonus, but has the advantage of being able to choose Dex if he wants or of being able to split the bonus up how he wants.

If you're an urban barbarian, you can't rage like the normal barbarian. Because Controlled Rage IS your rage. It doesn't make sense that you'd be able to do a normal (uncontrolled) rage when you're playing an archetype that is all about controlling the rage.

So I have a Problem with this one. Not so much in the way of mechanics, but in the way of concept. Why would a Barbarian lose their regular rage when under the urban barbarian archetype? The archetype says it is their primal nature and upbringing that give them their tenacity. So why do they lose their primal born power when the convert to an urban lifestyle. I know it needs to be balanced, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Jeff Erwin wrote:

I just read here that the reason At the Mountains of Madness has been delayed or even cancelled is because of Prometheus.

That's really frustrating. It's odd to me that there seems to be insufficient space in the movie market for the two to be coming out in the same year.

Maybe you have some sort of thoughts on this, James - perhaps for your blog, and I don't know, but is the same thing true in the RPG universe? Is saturation possible, and what I see as a theme that can be approached in many ways just not saleable too many times?

That's certainly interesting... but it's no more frustrating to me than any other reason why At the Mountains of Madness got delayed. Frankly... this is one of the few reasons I've heard that actually doesn't totally annoy me, in fact... if Mountains of Madness was delayed because Prometheus is coming out, that's perhaps one of the only movies (an Alien prequel directed by Ridley Scott!) that I'd like to see more than a Mountains of Madness movie.

I would LOVE to see a great big-budged well-produced Lovecraft adaption some day.

But seeing Ridley Scott return to the sci-fi genre AND have that return be something set in the universe of my favorite movie? That's something I'd rather see more than an At the Mountains of Madness movie. Which is another way of me saying Prometheus is a movie I'd like to see more than ANY other movie.

I think Guillermo del Toro would make an EXCELLENT Lovecraft movie. Heck, he's already done several that I count as Lovecraftian. But there's other directors out there who'd kick ass as a Lovecraftian adaptation as well.

There's only one Ridley Scott, though. And an "Alien" prequel by him is more interesting than an "Alien" prequel by anyone else to me.

AKA: I'm glad Ridley Scott's doing this before he retires or whatever. If del Toro retires or whatever... someone else could do a big Lovecraft movie.

As for the idea of saturation... if del Toro got Mountains greenlit today, it'd be years before we saw that movie anyway, I suspect. At which point saturation from Prometheus will be long gone.

Saturation is certainly a thing to worry about in RPGs. For example... drow were saturated when we did Second Darkness, which is one of the reasons that's one of our lowest-reviewd APs.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Cigaw1 wrote:
So I have a Problem with this one. Not so much in the way of mechanics, but in the way of concept. Why would a Barbarian lose their regular rage when under the urban barbarian archetype? The archetype says it is their primal nature and upbringing that give them their tenacity. So why do they lose their primal born power when the convert to an urban lifestyle. I know it needs to be balanced, but it doesn't really make sense to me.

You lose your regular rage because when you take the urban barbarian archetype... you're essentially a different class.

ANY time you take an archetype, you're a different class. If that wasn't the case, those elements (such as Controlled Rage) would be feats.

It's not as much a question of balance. It's a question of theme. Replacing normal rage with Controlled Rage is part of what makes you an Urban Barbarian and not something else. If you didn't replace normal rage, you'd be something else.

To take an analogy... if you have an R-rated version of a movie, and then the director releases an unrated director's cut... those are two different movies. They're not the same thing anymore because one has been changed into the other.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber

James,

What do you think of the FAWTLY thread here in the off topic section achieving the nigh-legendary 1001 pages and over 50,000 posts?

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Aberzombie wrote:

James,

What do you think of the FAWTLY thread here in the off topic section achieving the nigh-legendary 1001 pages and over 50,000 posts?

Took 'em long enough.

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
Aberzombie wrote:

James,

What do you think of the FAWTLY thread here in the off topic section achieving the nigh-legendary 1001 pages and over 50,000 posts?

Took 'em long enough.

Challenge accepted!

yeah, i have no idea what i mean by that either

Sovereign Court Contributor , Star Voter 2013

James Jacobs wrote:
Jeff Erwin wrote:

I just read here that the reason At the Mountains of Madness has been delayed or even cancelled is because of Prometheus.

That's really frustrating. It's odd to me that there seems to be insufficient space in the movie market for the two to be coming out in the same year.

Maybe you have some sort of thoughts on this, James - perhaps for your blog, and I don't know, but is the same thing true in the RPG universe? Is saturation possible, and what I see as a theme that can be approached in many ways just not saleable too many times?

That's certainly interesting... but it's no more frustrating to me than any other reason why At the Mountains of Madness got delayed. Frankly... this is one of the few reasons I've heard that actually doesn't totally annoy me, in fact... if Mountains of Madness was delayed because Prometheus is coming out, that's perhaps one of the only movies (an Alien prequel directed by Ridley Scott!) that I'd like to see more than a Mountains of Madness movie.

I would LOVE to see a great big-budged well-produced Lovecraft adaption some day.

But seeing Ridley Scott return to the sci-fi genre AND have that return be something set in the universe of my favorite movie? That's something I'd rather see more than an At the Mountains of Madness movie. Which is another way of me saying Prometheus is a movie I'd like to see more than ANY other movie.

I think Guillermo del Toro would make an EXCELLENT Lovecraft movie. Heck, he's already done several that I count as Lovecraftian. But there's other directors out there who'd kick ass as a Lovecraftian adaptation as well.

There's only one Ridley Scott, though. And an "Alien" prequel by him is more interesting than an "Alien" prequel by anyone else to me.

AKA: I'm glad Ridley Scott's doing this before he retires or whatever. If del Toro retires or whatever... someone else could do a big Lovecraft movie.

As for the...

Thanks, you put some perspective on this for me. I've wanted At the Mountains of Madness bad for a while, but, as you say, del Toro doesn't need to direct it. Ridley Scott really needs to be the Aliens prequel director. :)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Jeff Erwin wrote:
Thanks, you put some perspective on this for me. I've wanted At the Mountains of Madness bad for a while, but, as you say, del Toro doesn't need to direct it. Ridley Scott really needs to be the Aliens prequel director. :)

SIN!

Ridley Scott already did a prequel to Aliens...

Dark Archive

Speaking of movies, have you seen this Diablo movie cartoon by Titmouse oh T Rex Blizzard fanboy?

The trailers are still inspiring.

Sovereign Court Contributor , Star Voter 2013

James Jacobs wrote:
Jeff Erwin wrote:
Thanks, you put some perspective on this for me. I've wanted At the Mountains of Madness bad for a while, but, as you say, del Toro doesn't need to direct it. Ridley Scott really needs to be the Aliens prequel director. :)

SIN!

Ridley Scott already did a prequel to Aliens...

I'm going to claim typo. Honest.


James Jacobs wrote:
AKA: I'm glad Ridley Scott's doing this before he retires or whatever. If del Toro retires or whatever... someone else could do a big Lovecraft movie.

I'm still hoping in vain for Werner Herzog. James, are you as intrigued by the implications of his experience with The Cave of Forgotten Dreams and the fact that At the Mountains of Madness as-written relies heavily on 3D-sculpture for its exposition?

It will never happen, of course... but it would be so sweet.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

baron arem heshvaun wrote:

Speaking of movies, have you seen this Diablo movie cartoon by Titmouse oh T Rex Blizzard fanboy?

The trailers are still inspiring.

I have not.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Evil Lincoln wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
AKA: I'm glad Ridley Scott's doing this before he retires or whatever. If del Toro retires or whatever... someone else could do a big Lovecraft movie.

I'm still hoping in vain for Werner Herzog. James, are you as intrigued by the implications of his experience with The Cave of Forgotten Dreams and the fact that At the Mountains of Madness as-written relies heavily on 3D-sculpture for its exposition?

It will never happen, of course... but it would be so sweet.

Actually, I think that 3D gets in the way of the movie in almost every case. If there's one silver lining to this whole thing, it's that now AtMoM might be pushed back far enough that when it DOES come out, the current 3D fad will have passed.


James Jacobs wrote:
Evil Lincoln wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
AKA: I'm glad Ridley Scott's doing this before he retires or whatever. If del Toro retires or whatever... someone else could do a big Lovecraft movie.

I'm still hoping in vain for Werner Herzog. James, are you as intrigued by the implications of his experience with The Cave of Forgotten Dreams and the fact that At the Mountains of Madness as-written relies heavily on 3D-sculpture for its exposition?

It will never happen, of course... but it would be so sweet.

Actually, I think that 3D gets in the way of the movie in almost every case. If there's one silver lining to this whole thing, it's that now AtMoM might be pushed back far enough that when it DOES come out, the current 3D fad will have passed.

Is the aforementioned Cave of Forgotten Dreams a case of 3D getting in the way?

Silver Crusade

What type of shoes are you wearing?

If you're not wearing any shoes.
What colour socks are you wearing

Scarab Sages

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Are you excited that the Goblinworks Kickstarter got funded in about a day's worth of time?


When are you going to write more books/APs centered around elves? Also, in what book(s) am I most likely to find info on the Snowcaster elves?


Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Tales Subscriber

Hi James,

Feel free to pass on answering this due to the insanity of the Internet. But I am genuinely curious.

I personally enjoy DND 4e, in fact moreso than Pathfinder. Pathfinder is in no way bad and I do enjoy it however, and I own all the Pathfinder hardcover books.

1. You mentioned that 4e was not a game for you. What was the top thing, from a game system perspective, that you did not like?
2. You mentioned that 4e significant departure from the historical things in DND (origin of succubus, ignoring the cosmology) were a deal breaker for you. Do you believe that there is no scope for these moves from 35 years of tradition, or that 4e just went a way that you didn't like?

I reiterate that I own thousands of dollars of Paizo product and wotc product. This is not intended to start an edition debate.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Evil Lincoln wrote:
Is the aforementioned Cave of Forgotten Dreams a case of 3D getting in the way?

Nope.

It's one of 3 movies I've seen in my 40 years in which case the 3D actually adds to the movie.

The other two are "Avatar" and "Hugo."

It's no coincidence that those three movies were directed by brilliant directors.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Mystic_Snowfang wrote:

What type of shoes are you wearing?

If you're not wearing any shoes.
What colour socks are you wearing

White socks.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Stratagemini wrote:
Are you excited that the Goblinworks Kickstarter got funded in about a day's worth of time?

Yes.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Ansha wrote:
When are you going to write more books/APs centered around elves? Also, in what book(s) am I most likely to find info on the Snowcaster elves?

Dunno. Hopefully some day.

We were SUPPOSED to put more info about the Snowcaster Elves in Pathfinder #51, which is all about the Crown of the World... but due to an unfortunate miscommunication between me and Rob and Jason Nelson... they got mostly left out of that volume. Which is unfortunate, since I'm not sure when or even if we'll ever go back up there...

18,101 to 18,150 of 51,260 << first < prev | 358 | 359 | 360 | 361 | 362 | 363 | 364 | 365 | 366 | 367 | 368 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / >>Ask *James Jacobs* ALL your Questions Here!<< All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.