Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

What the heck happened to Nick Logue?


Pathfinder Adventure Path General Discussion

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Osirion

Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...


Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

He's alive and well, but very very busy & in the UK.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

He's not dead. He was in Bali over Gen Con, he's working hard across the pond. And every now and then gamers receive seemingly random texts and emails from him.

Not me, though. What's up with that, Logue? : }

Paizo Employee Creative Director

daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...

Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.

Osirion

Well that's certainly better than many of the alternatives at least. :)

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber

Whew.

I thought I landed him in hot water by prank mailing him that Mammy Graul Realdoll for a while! Good to know!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber

What about Pett?

or Vaughn?

I miss those three arguing. Now if I need my fix I have to start a sock puppet flame fest in one of the 4e threads.


Since he's working in the U.K, expect him to emerge, in a few years, as the most absolutely villanious and kick-ass James Bond villain ever!

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
Chef's Slaad wrote:

What about Pett?

or Vaughn?

I couldn't afford to send all three of them Mammy Graul Realdolls.

Qadira

Pett's still around. He popped into one of the PbP threads the other day to let the DM know he was watching. They're just starting the skinsaw murders which is one of his babies.

If you're reading this Richard, I'm running the same module for my 4th edition game at home. I actually had my players nervous the other night when they went to investigate the farmstead. Great game bud.


Mikaze wrote:


I couldn't afford to send all three of them Mammy Graul Realdolls.

Speaking of Mammy Graul, does someone have the "director's cut" version of Hook Mountain Massacre?


Are wrote:
Mikaze wrote:


I couldn't afford to send all three of them Mammy Graul Realdolls.

Speaking of Mammy Graul, does someone have the "director's cut" version of Hook Mountain Massacre?

Here is what I've found.


Black Fang wrote:
Are wrote:
Mikaze wrote:


I couldn't afford to send all three of them Mammy Graul Realdolls.

Speaking of Mammy Graul, does someone have the "director's cut" version of Hook Mountain Massacre?

Here is what I've found.

Jesus christ!

That is terrible. And awesome. And worse. There goes my appetite...

... Post-holers shall never be looked upon the same again.


Black Fang wrote:


Here is what I've found.

Thank you!


Pett is doing work for Open Design's Streets of Zobeck patronage project

Paizo Employee Creative Director

Both Pett and Vaughan are still regularly writing for us. Greg's latest adventure was PF #33 and his next one is PF #40. Pett's latest adventure was PF #36 and his next will be PF #44.


Spoiler:
I don't like how they forgot to leave "Jamez Jakob" out of the thread title.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

You know what bugs me the most about this?

Spoiler:
EXPLOSIVE RUNES!

Cheliax

James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.

The fact that he sunk his writing career with the Sinister Adventures fiasco doesn't factor into it at all?

Andoran

Paizo Charter Superscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber
Jared Ouimette wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.
The fact that he sunk his writing career with the Sinister Adventures fiasco doesn't factor into it at all?

His Teaching Job led to that also...


Jared Ouimette wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.
The fact that he sunk his writing career with the Sinister Adventures fiasco doesn't factor into it at all?

~shrugs~ Jared, sometime life throws you a curve ball or tosses you into a pit. I am so sure NOTHING like that has EVER happened to you, has it? ~shakes my head~ Yes, that was a SNAFU with Sinister Adventures. He did bite off more than he could chew. But stuff happenes. Jared, please try to grow up and be a tad bit more empathetic and understanding. Who knows, maybe people might end up respecting you for once.

Pathfinder Lead Developer, Frog God Games

In Nick's defense (as much as I loathe to do that), he started Sinister while between jobs when he had oodles of time and was looking for work. He then got the Paizo job and ultimately his overseas teaching job (where he basicaly had to start up and oprganize a whole new department) which had not been factored in when he started Sinister, and thus his entire world got turned on its head. As a pre-orderer of Razor Coast, the wait has been disappointing for me as well, but I don't hold it against the man for seeking full-time employment and supporting his new family (oh yeah, he got married in all that too).

I'm sure if I demanded a refund he'd provide it, which as a consumer is really all I could legitimately ask for. The fact that the paradigm shifts is a fact of life that we all deal with daily and is hopefully more often for the positive things (new jobs, families, etc.) rather than the negative (family tragedies, layoffs, etc.). We're all going to get to deal with some of both either way whether we want to or not, and I don't begrudge Nick the paroxyms his life has gone through nor how he has handled it.

I think the fact that he has gone out of his way to find help for Razor Coast to make sure that it gets done and gets done right counts for something and more than likely has absorbed much of any financial return he was going to realize on the deal.

As late as it is, when it arrives, RC will hold a place of honor on my book shelf, and I'll still not regret that I ordered it.

[/Nick's defense]

Qadira

how about this.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NICK!


James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.

UK? I thought Miskatonic University was in the US

Osirion

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber
Sharoth wrote:
~shrugs~ Jared, sometime life throws you a curve ball or tosses you into a pit. I am so sure NOTHING like that has EVER happened to you, has it? ~shakes my head~ Yes, that was a SNAFU with Sinister Adventures. He did bite off more than he could chew. But stuff happenes. Jared, please try to grow up and be a tad bit more empathetic and understanding. Who knows, maybe people might end up respecting you for once.

+1, except for the whole respect thing.


KaeYoss wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.
UK? I thought Miskatonic University was in the US

I think they have a reciprocal residency program with the University of Exeter.

Qadira

KaeYoss wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.
UK? I thought Miskatonic University was in the US

With a branch just outside of London.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Greg A. Vaughan wrote:

In Nick's defense (as much as I loathe to do that), he started Sinister while between jobs when he had oodles of time and was looking for work. He then got the Paizo job and ultimately his overseas teaching job (where he basicaly had to start up and oprganize a whole new department) which had not been factored in when he started Sinister, and thus his entire world got turned on its head. As a pre-orderer of Razor Coast, the wait has been disappointing for me as well, but I don't hold it against the man for seeking full-time employment and supporting his new family (oh yeah, he got married in all that too).

I'm sure if I demanded a refund he'd provide it, which as a consumer is really all I could legitimately ask for. The fact that the paradigm shifts is a fact of life that we all deal with daily and is hopefully more often for the positive things (new jobs, families, etc.) rather than the negative (family tragedies, layoffs, etc.). We're all going to get to deal with some of both either way whether we want to or not, and I don't begrudge Nick the paroxyms his life has gone through nor how he has handled it.

I think the fact that he has gone out of his way to find help for Razor Coast to make sure that it gets done and gets done right counts for something and more than likely has absorbed much of any financial return he was going to realize on the deal.

As late as it is, when it arrives, RC will hold a place of honor on my book shelf, and I'll still not regret that I ordered it.

[/Nick's defense]

Pfft you game writers are not allowed to have a real life outside of writing error free, always on time, perfect, cheap products. Exactly how we want them, when and where we want them. Geez everyone on the interweb knows that. ;p


Yay, University of Exeter! I'm a drama dept alumnus. For my sins.

Cheliax

Sharoth wrote:
Jared Ouimette wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
daysoftheking wrote:
Did he suddenly drop off the face of the planet? Haven't seen anything from him in a good long time. The Carrion Crown AP announcement made me start thinking about him again-- he'd be a perfect writer for it. If he'd not, ya know, dead or something...
Nick is super super super busy with his current teaching job over in the UK; a job that doesn't leave him much free time to do game writing, alas.
The fact that he sunk his writing career with the Sinister Adventures fiasco doesn't factor into it at all?
~shrugs~ Jared, sometime life throws you a curve ball or tosses you into a pit. I am so sure NOTHING like that has EVER happened to you, has it? ~shakes my head~ Yes, that was a SNAFU with Sinister Adventures. He did bite off more than he could chew. But stuff happenes. Jared, please try to grow up and be a tad bit more empathetic and understanding. Who knows, maybe people might end up respecting you for once.

Here's the thing, if I found out that I was biting off more than I could chew, I would have asked someone else to take the reins. Or cancelled.

But, he let it go...for 2 years. Before lou agresta was allowed to take charge. I'm fairly positive the first 3 months would have been my cut off.

And people do respect me. I am one of the awesomest persons on this board. You would all be bored if I weren't here.

Shadow Lodge

You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.

Osirion RPG Superstar 2013

Yeah, he's like Jordan, or Barry Sanders. Maybe most recently, Tiger Woods. His career writing isn't over if he doesn't want it to be. He's not perfect, but he can come out of retirement any time he wants and shake down his fans for money and a great time.

What happened with RC does suck, and I have never seen Nick make an excuse for it. And I think those of us who know him (acknowledging I don't know him nearly as well as some) aren't really surprised by his big vision and biting off more than he can chew. I've known the guy for five years now and he's ALWAYS been too busy to give all the people who deserve a little attention from him all the attention the deserve. He's always super apologetic and never makes excuses. If there's a right way to handle how his life has changed the last couple of years, I think Logue is close to it.


Jared Ouimette wrote:


And people do respect me. I am one of the awesomest persons on this board. You would all be bored if I weren't here.

Who are you? Have you been here before?


Steven T. Helt wrote:

Yeah, he's like Jordan, or Barry Sanders. Maybe most recently, Tiger Woods. His career writing isn't over if he doesn't want it to be. He's not perfect, but he can come out of retirement any time he wants and shake down his fans for money and a great time.

What happened with RC does suck, and I have never seen Nick make an excuse for it. And I think those of us who know him (acknowledging I don't know him nearly as well as some) aren't really surprised by his big vision and biting off more than he can chew. I've known the guy for five years now and he's ALWAYS been too busy to give all the people who deserve a little attention from him all the attention the deserve. He's always super apologetic and never makes excuses. If there's a right way to handle how his life has changed the last couple of years, I think Logue is close to it.

From what it sounds like, Mister Helt, people around here need more friends like yourself.

Qadira

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Modules Subscriber
0gre wrote:
You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.

Quite. While I haven't pre-ordered Razor Coast, I know I'm buying it when it comes out.

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
In Nick's defense, he started Sinister while between jobs when he had oodles of time and was looking for work. He then got the Paizo job and ultimately his overseas teaching job which had not been factored in when he started Sinister, and thus his entire world got turned on its head.

I agree with everything Greg's said here.

Now, I didn't pre-order Razor Coast, but I've heard many of the complaints from people who have, and their issues don't seem to lie with Nick's delays, so much as with the perpetual excuses and promises that followed:
Nick: It's a month late, but it'll be here soon. I'm just about finished, and it looks cool.
Customer: Okay.
Nick: It's three months late, but it'll be here pretty soon. I'm just putting on the finishing touches, and it looks wicked cool.
Customer: Um, okay.
Nick: It's six months late, but it'll be here very soon. I've got a chunk of time coming up to complete the editting, and it looks way wicked cool.
Customer: Okay?
Nick: It's a year late, but it'll be here soon. I'm just about finished, and it looks cool.
Customer: Wait a minute.

"At some point, it should have been obvious to Nick that he still had a tremendous amount of work to do on Razor Coast, and he didn't level with his customers." That, rather than the delay itself, is what I saw people getting angry about.

Delays -- even long delays -- happen. Ours is the hobby that gave us the Temple of Elemental Evil, just a little late. (And, yes, Greg, I know you're no stranger to delays, as well.)

I am seriously in awe towards Lou for taking over the project -- with kindness, respect, and competence -- and I appreciate Nick's willingness to let other people do what he couldn't, with a project into which he'd invested so much personal capital.

Shadow Lodge

Pathfinder Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber

It appears that he is misleading his customers, but its just as likely that he only has that final editing to do and its finished, but every time he sits down to finish the job someone or something comes along and eats up his time. Its a sad factor, but in his current job/family situation its entirely possible that the wait is merely for him to find the desperate time to finish it rather then its not quite as finished as he led you to believe.

Cheliax

Pathfinder Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Decorus wrote:
It appears that he is misleading his customers, but its just as likely that he only has that final editing to do and its finished, but every time he sits down to finish the job someone or something comes along and eats up his time. Its a sad factor, but in his current job/family situation its entirely possible that the wait is merely for him to find the desperate time to finish it rather then its not quite as finished as he led you to believe.

That was more or less true it turned out. When Lou took over, almost all of it had been written. But it still needed maps, editing, layout and rewrites with the next editing pass.

I think part of it was Nick was looking at it from a writers point of views since that is what he is and this was his first time producing something. So from a writing stand point it was almost done, but there was a lot of other stuff that I think he just massively underestimated how much work was involved in getting the rest done.

Qadira RPG Superstar 2010 Top 16

Decorus, it's true that Nick might have believed that, but when Lou Agresta took over the, ah, midwife duties of the project back in February, he posted:

I have some good news, some mixed news and some bad news. The bad news is that one of the first things I did was pull chapter 4, 5, and the appendix from layout. They really need another edit and a second stat block review. This will cause delays (bad).

The mixed news is two-fold. Nick and I took a look and really there are about four more maps needed. This is mixed because (good) more maps, and (bad) it'll take more time.

The other piece of mixed news is I hope to introduce a proofread step. There were some generous offers by Sinisterians to help with proofreading. Whoever is willing to step up on that and pitch in, please email me at lou.agresta@mindspring.com. This is mixed because (good) RC will be proofread on top of being edited twice -- once by me and once by Nick -- and (bad) it'll take more time.

Onto the good news: I've already started the next editing pass on chapter 4, 5 and the appendix. These same chapters are in the hands of the stat block mavin, being worked as of today. I also already commissioned the additional maps, and the cartographer is working on the new pieces as of today. Finally, the last pieces of (non-cartographer) art came in today as well.

My goal is to do as many of the steps-to-publication in parallel as is possible, and I plan to keep you updated on progress in this thread. I'll also try to wax more explanatory and be more transparent about the steps in the publishing process than Nick has had the time to attempt.

Right now, I'm not prepared to give you a timeframe on publication, because I don't have all the pieces in hand. For example, I don't yet know what the turn-around time for the proofread of a chapter is going to be. As we get closer, a time estimate will become more feasible, and I'll make one.

A week later, he continued:

The Bad News
------------
1. I discovered a versioning error with the first 3 chapters. They were missing intermittent revisions of content, which means I had to pull them from layout.
2. I don't yet have the final maps.
3. I found a few missing stat blocks, a template, and some mechanics changes that needed doing.

The Good News-------------
1. The versioning problem in the intro and chapters 1, 2, & 3 has been corrected. I gave them another editorial pass. And all 4 of these documents are now in the proofing pipeline. Some are even back.
2. I'm in touch with the cartographer, who is merrily cartographing on last maps. I expect a map update this week.
3. All requested stat block and mechanics changes to the chapters 1, 2 and the appendix are done and in my hands. I'm in back-and-forth with the stat master on chapter 3.
3. Chapter 4 of 5 is in (re) editing.
4. I've reached out for our Pathfinderizing team. I plan to ship completed files to layout and the pathfinder team at the same time. With luck, as RC hits your hands (or computers), the Pathfinder version will be hitting layout. Keep your fingers crossed for that.

A week-and-a-half later, Lou posted:

Here's the latest, and it's mostly good news. Specifically, its mostly about progress moving forward.

1. The stat block revisions to the intro and chapters 1-3 are complete and incorporated into the text. Those chapters are also free of unnecessarily repeating stat blocks. Instead they go into the appendix. Makes for a much cleaner, easier to reference book.

2. The appendix is filling up with other necessary and innovative references. For example we statted up and added some nifty stuff -- including a half-medusa template that we applied to a sea-hag with class levels for your edification and enjoyment -- that formerly had been placeholders in the text. There are no more placeholders in the intro or chapters 1-3.

3. As mentioned previously, the intro and chapters 1-3 are in the proofreading pipeline. The additional news is they have started trickling back to me from that pipeline.

4. The first edit of Chapter 4 is closing on 50% done; after which, it goes into the proof pipeline. That leaves 50% of Chapter 4, Chapter 5, and the Appendix.

5. I received galley proofs of all the additional maps. They rock. Only one map needed a minor change -- one label needed to be added. In short, maps for Razor Coast are done. Three handouts remain, and they are in the works.

6. It's become clear a few more bits of writing are needed. First, let me assure you that I don't expect these to delay completion by more than 1-2 days (for editing), as they are being written while I prepare the rest of the manuscript. Also be assured these represent nice-to-haves (things like a Tulita pronunciation guide and details of less central gods and goddesses), so if they do look to slow publication, I'll simply hold them over for an Indulgence. That's the plan anyway. We'll see how the reality works out, but I'm trying to get them in for you without delaying the project in any significant fashion.

7. Last but not least, in the same vein as a "nice to have" I'm starting a little contest.

That "little contest" was a call for a designer to build the "Fire as She Bears" ship-to-ship combat rules. Here's the most recent updates:

7/20:

1. The first draft of the first half of Chapter 5, Final Showdowns is done. It has been through development and sent off to stat block land.

2. I have received the second half of Chapter 5, Final Showdowns. It is in its second development pass. A little more back and forth then off to stat block land.

note - talking in halves of chapter 5 is not as odd as it seems. The chapter contains the conclusion to the two story arcs that wind through all of razor coast: a minor arc and a major arc. It's a natural division to split the chapter in half. The first half of chapter 5 concludes the minor arc, the second half concludes the major arc.

3. As it turns out, I have not had a breathing moment to touch the Fire as She Bears combat system.

4. Adam Daigle's mystery monsters have completed stat block edit and been sent off to proofer #1.

5. John is on chapter 4 with the PF conversion.

I'm still hoping to get a draft to Nick before Gencon, although the timing is looking very, very tight. No promises, but I'll keep you posted.

7/24:

1. Back and forth from Stat Block Land on the first half of Chapt 5. Stat blocks are likely around 1/2 done.

2. Development completed on 2nd half of chapt 5 and it has been sent back to Mr. Hitchcock for further work.

3. Daigle's monsters back from Proofer 1. They need some tweaks. Tweaks underway.

7/31:
So here's the pre-Gencon update.

First the bad news. I will not deliver the manuscript to Nick before Gencon. Here's the status:

1. Daigle's secret monsters are back from proofing in both PF and OGL versions. DONE.

2. Mr. Hitchcock will not be able to resume work on the 2nd half of Chapter 5 until after Gencon.

3. I expect to receive the 1st half of Chapter 5 from the Ling9000 before Gencon, but will not get it into the proofing chain until after Gencon as I need to give it a solid development/writing/editorial pass.

No more predictions on timeframes.

08/23:
Just heard from the Ling9000 that he expects to get me the first 1/2 of Chapter 5 this week, which means it'll go into proofing this week.

Just heard from Tim Hitchcock that he's back from a family visit and working on the last draft of the second (and final) half of Chapter 5. He hopes to get that to me this month.

I'm talking to some noted freelancers about pitching in to put the final polish on Fire As She Bears, so I can spend my time finalizing the manuscript.

And that's the latest update.

So, whether Nick was of the opinion that the work was ready for final editting, that's been pretty far from reality. Since Lou took it over, he's had a team-and-a-half working on it steadily for over six months.

(And a reminder: when this product was pitched for pre-orders, in April of 2008, Nick promised it'd be ready in June/July 2008, about four months. It sounds as if, even without the jobs interference, it would have been very late.)


Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
0gre wrote:
You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.
Quite. While I haven't pre-ordered Razor Coast, I know I'm buying it when it comes out.

+1 to that!

Pathfinder Lead Developer, Frog God Games

Chris Mortika wrote:
Ours is the hobby that gave us the Temple of Elemental Evil, just a little late.

Good analogy, Chris!


Chris Mortika wrote:
Lots of good updates.

Thanks for compiling this Chris. I do appreciate you taking the time.


Greg A. Vaughan wrote:
Chris Mortika wrote:
Ours is the hobby that gave us the Temple of Elemental Evil, just a little late.
Good analogy, Chris!

~laughter~ Good point indeed!


Sharoth wrote:
Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
0gre wrote:
You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.
Quite. While I haven't pre-ordered Razor Coast, I know I'm buying it when it comes out.
+1 to that!

I'll +2 your +1.

Taldor

Pathfinder Campaign Setting Subscriber

What's Razor Coast?

Qadira

Razor Coast

Cheliax

J. Christopher Harris wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
0gre wrote:
You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.
Quite. While I haven't pre-ordered Razor Coast, I know I'm buying it when it comes out.
+1 to that!
I'll +2 your +1.

Cool. So much for personal accountability, then. I'm sure those people got their money back, but he took something a bit more intagible from them when he took their money.

His word. That he would provide a service to them. And not only did he not keep it, he like, not kept it for, what is it, 4 YEARS now?

Yeah, sure, plus f!+!ing one.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Card Game, Companion Subscriber
Jared Ouimette wrote:
J. Christopher Harris wrote:
Sharoth wrote:
Aubrey the Malformed wrote:
0gre wrote:
You don't get it. Logue has written some of the most well liked Paizo AP adventures, some of their best modules, and he has credits on their most popular Chronicles product. Logue's name still carries a lot of pull. People are certainly going to be cautious offering him assignments with deadlines but if Logue wanted work in the industry he could find it.
Quite. While I haven't pre-ordered Razor Coast, I know I'm buying it when it comes out.
+1 to that!
I'll +2 your +1.

Cool. So much for personal accountability, then. I'm sure those people got their money back, but he took something a bit more intagible from them when he took their money.

His word. That he would provide a service to them. And not only did he not keep it, he like, not kept it for, what is it, 4 YEARS now?

Yeah, sure, plus f@!!ing one.

That's 2 years actually. And not the biggest delay in the history of gaming industry by a stretch.

By the way, excuse me, I'm off to Valve headquarters to shout at Gabe Newell for being late with Half-Life 2 (despite it being the best PC game I ever played) and taking intangible things from me (dunno, maybe my pride and ego).


Jared, please calm down. If you want to be insulting, take it elsewhere. I for one am a bit tired of your attitude.

Silver Crusade

Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Sharoth wrote:
Jared, please calm down. If you want to be insulting, take it elsewhere. I for one am a bit tired of your attitude.

+1

1 to 50 of 99 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder Adventure Path / General Discussion / What the heck happened to Nick Logue? All Messageboards

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.