Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Bush's Daughter Barbara Glad Obama's Health Care Reforms Passed


Off-Topic Discussions

51 to 77 of 77 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>

That's because you don't have money. You're a working stiff. Like the vast majority of us.

We have a (barely functioning) safety net for the very poor. The wealthy get tax breaks and deals galore. The rest of us are on our own.

I don't know exactly what qualifies for "Public Aid" where you are. In many states, it's pretty damn poor. I think for Medicaid in many places you have to have essentially no assets and minimal income. How much do you think someone living on food stamps should have pay for a delivery?


thejeff wrote:
... How much do you think someone living on food stamps should have pay for a delivery?

.

The same amount as Bill Gates. Otherwise, we are not all equal.

The playing field must be level, with all of us seeing the same rules.

After that, it is each to his own abilities.

.

Andoran

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Why the thread rez?

Silver Crusade

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Pathfinder Adventure Path, Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
TriOmegaZero wrote:
Why the thread rez?

Why the thread?

;)

Shadow Lodge

Point to Mikaze.


Aretas wrote:
I just had a baby and the Doctors, Nurses, staff told me that if I was on Public aid EVERYTHING would have been paid for 100%. EVERYTHING!

I had assumed in the past that you were male, but now I'm not sure.

Either way: Congratulations!

Also: You're a stooge of the plutocracy!


Thank you Comarade.

Yes we are ruled by the rich, its not so bad, could be a lot worse.

Yes if your ULTRA rich you will have the means to sit at that Mayo clinic for weeks and weeks getting the best care possible for your upset stomach I suppose. What I'm talking about here is everyone under the Ultra rich level has access to the same quality health care with insurance and without insurance.


2 people marked this as a favorite.

There's also a long distance between having good health insurance (even that usually has a deductible and %copay these days) and being poor enough to qualify for Medicaid and/or whatever your states supplemental programs are.

It sounds like you had insurance, so I assume you've got halfway decent income. What about those working for minimum wage without insurance and still making to much to be on "Public Aid"?
Medical expenses are one of the most common causes of bankruptcy.

If they can't pay up front, they can still get emergency care, but that won't handle follow-ups, maintenance drugs or the like.

Shadow Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

I knew liberals like to spew hatred against anyone that's associated with someone who leans to the right, but really? Poeople hurtling insults at her simple because of who her father is despite the fact that the reason she's even in the news at this moment is because she supports a Democrat-sponsored inititive? I have to wonder, if she had gone on the record as opposing it, would some of you be looking to purchase high-powered rifles and hunt her down?

I think it's funny how conservatives are made out to be so horrible, yet it's liberals who more frequently spew hateful venom at the slightest hint of oposition [or even support from someone they've already decided is evil incarnate (ie, Republican or somewhat conservative)].

Shadow Lodge

Why limit it to one side, K?


What are you going on about K?

I'm not seeing people spewing hate about Ms. Bush, I've seen a thread about her disagreeing with her dad, and others saying, "Why does it matter what she says?"

Plus some conversation on actual medical safety nets.


Yeah, where did that come from?
Bitter Thorn said "Why am I not surprised that she isn't very bright?" OTOH, he's by no stretch of the imagination a liberal.
Jeremy Mcgillan had an obvious snarky rant about how she's on of THEM.
That's pretty much it.

But it's good to hear the standard conservative talking points about how hateful and evil liberals are. No real need for an excuse to bring them out.


Yeah, a quick re-read and the only person I saw spewing insults (at her) was BT and he's pretty far from a liberal.

Although, frankly, I think anyone to the right of me is a stooge of the plutocracy.

EDIT: Damn liberal ninjas!

Shadow Lodge

Bitter Thorn wrote:
Why am I not surprised that she isn't very bright?
Bitter Thorn wrote:
Orthos wrote:
snobi wrote:
Bitter Thorn wrote:


Assuming her question is entirely rhetorical it still strikes me as just plain dumb.
Hot > dumb
Well, that does make things simpler. I couldn't stand a dumb girl even if she is awesomely beautiful; I need some brains behind the looks. You can have her. :P

+1

I don't think a lack of intellect is a speed bump I can get past either.

As for why am I am singling out liberals? Because 90% of the time that I see a political talking head spouting hateful bile, it's a liberal / Democrat. Republican / conservative moderates tend to assume their liberal counterparts are mistaken and/or misguided. Democrat / liberal seem like they all assume that anyone who leans slightly right is a nihilistic fascist cloned directly from Hitler, devoted to stealing money from the less fortunate while laughing evilly and burning down rain forests just for the hell of it.

Shadow Lodge

You mean they aren't?

Shadow Lodge

No more so than the lib-tards. :P

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Joking aside, you did catch the point that BT isn't liberal, right?

Shadow Lodge

Yeah. Guess that serves me right for assuming.

Andoran

Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

Happens to the best of us.


Kthulhu wrote:

I knew liberals like to spew hatred against anyone that's associated with someone who leans to the right, but really? Poeople hurtling insults at her simple because of who her father is despite the fact that the reason she's even in the news at this moment is because she supports a Democrat-sponsored inititive? I have to wonder, if she had gone on the record as opposing it, would some of you be looking to purchase high-powered rifles and hunt her down?

I think it's funny how conservatives are made out to be so horrible, yet it's liberals who more frequently spew hateful venom at the slightest hint of oposition [or even support from someone they've already decided is evil incarnate (ie, Republican or somewhat conservative)].

So all that about "spew hatred" and "hurtling insults" and "spew hateful venom" is sparked by one person saying "Why am I not surprised that she isn't very bright?" and "Assuming her question is entirely rhetorical it still strikes me as just plain dumb."?

It would be a hell of an overreaction even if BT was liberal. As it is it's just funny.


..and then when it was over, theJeff decided it wasn't!

DUN DUN DUUUUUUN


thejeff wrote:
Kthulhu wrote:

I knew liberals like to spew hatred against anyone that's associated with someone who leans to the right, but really? Poeople hurtling insults at her simple because of who her father is despite the fact that the reason she's even in the news at this moment is because she supports a Democrat-sponsored inititive? I have to wonder, if she had gone on the record as opposing it, would some of you be looking to purchase high-powered rifles and hunt her down?

I think it's funny how conservatives are made out to be so horrible, yet it's liberals who more frequently spew hateful venom at the slightest hint of oposition [or even support from someone they've already decided is evil incarnate (ie, Republican or somewhat conservative)].

So all that about "spew hatred" and "hurtling insults" and "spew hateful venom" is sparked by one person saying "Why am I not surprised that she isn't very bright?" and "Assuming her question is entirely rhetorical it still strikes me as just plain dumb."?

It would be a hell of an overreaction even if BT was liberal. As it is it's just funny.

Overreaction? Nayh that's not overreaction. Rush Limbaugh on Sarah Fluke now that's over reaction.

False equivalency is then saying that Bill Maher is Rush Limbaugh's equal in both crime and position so both sides are bad.

Shadow Lodge

Both sides ARE just as bad.


Kthulhu wrote:
Both sides ARE just as bad.

Or do you see both sides as equally bad because you overreact to perceived liberal "hateful venom"?

You jumping on this thread as an example of hateful liberal spew when there was really only one insulting poster who wasn't even a liberal doesn't do much for your credibility in claiming both sides are just as bad.
What if some of the other things that gave you this impression were also misinterpretations?


Lets consider this compared and what they say on it to obamacare for example.

One claims to be for small government while getting progressively more invasive. The other is claimed to be for big government -- but at least tried to provide more for everyone.

But both sides are equal and bad.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Both sides are equal in that they blow smoke up your ass for votes.

Lantern Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Kthulhu wrote:


As for why am I am singling out liberals? Because 90% of the time that I see a political talking head spouting hateful bile, it's a liberal / Democrat. Republican / conservative moderates tend to assume their liberal counterparts are mistaken and/or misguided. Democrat / liberal seem like they all assume that anyone who leans slightly right is a nihilistic fascist cloned directly from Hitler, devoted to stealing money from the less fortunate while laughing evilly and burning down rain forests just for the hell of it.

Haven't watched Glenn Beck, Sarah Coulter, or Rush Limbaugh much have you? Bill O'Reilly can be half way decent, if it were not for the habit of turning off the mikes of anyone who disagrees with him.

Compare them to Rachel Meadows and tell me who's the source of hateful bile again?

51 to 77 of 77 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Off-Topic Discussions / Bush's Daughter Barbara Glad Obama's Health Care Reforms Passed All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.