Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Bestiary Errata mistakes?!


Product Discussion

1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber

Just finished incorporating the errata to my Bestiary and have found some issues (page references are to the Errata Document):

p.5: Under PAGE 231 - the Rakshasa damage is written as (1d4+4/15-50). Only a minor error, I think it should read "15-20".

p.6: Under PAGE 271 - I am sure, the bullet-point entry should read "It does not gain the VAMPIRE'S Create Spawn ability." Sorry, this is actually correct, as it's a change to the Wight stats! Thanx, hogarth.

p.6: Under PAGE 272 - We should change the Skills line, but it's actually the same as in the book.

p.6: Second PAGE 309 - should actually be PAGE 310, as the error is on that page, although the Undead section starts on p.309.


Dryder wrote:
p.6: Under PAGE 271 - I am sure, the bullet-point entry should read "It does not gain the VAMPIRE'S Create Spawn ability."

No, that's correct. A vampire spawn has the same stats as a wight, with some exceptions.

Liberty's Edge

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Deluxe Comics Subscriber; Pathfinder Modules Subscriber

Uuh, yeah. My fault! I only skimmed the entry, and knew that the Vampire has a Create Spawn ability, so I thought... well, how embarrasing... Sorry!
edited the original post


Dryder wrote:

Uuh, yeah. My fault! I only skimmed the entry, and knew that the Vampire has a Create Spawn ability, so I thought... well, how embarrasing... Sorry!

edited the original post

Actually, I jumped to the exact same conclusion as you, but I double-checked it before saying anything. :-)

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

p.1 under page 16: Giant Ant, it says that the Poison DC should be 14 but the text says 12

Scarab Sages

another error in the errata (as I carefully go through applying them).

Drow:
sample is a Warrior 1, who should have D10 HP (not D8 as printed, uncorrected). Hence also 5 HP not 4.

This makes BAB +1, so the Rapier attack correction is wrong, as the blighter has a Rapier and Weapon Finesse, and Dex 15 (+2). Rapier Attack should remain +3, not be errata'd to +2.

Drow Noble, Cleric 3 (BAB +2)
Again, the errata makes an unneeded change, as it has Rapier, Weapon Finesse and Dex 17 (+3), Masterwork rapier (+1 Atk), for a total Rapier Attack +6 (as was printed, pre-errata).

Scarab Sages

On page 2 of the Bestiary errata document, errata for the Nabasu Skills line doesn't indicate what skill that errata effects.

Obviously "Stealth" is the missing word here.


There’s a kobold discrepancy on p.4 of the errata. I don’t think the errata takes into account a favored class bonus for 1 level of warrior.

Kobold: warrior 1
Hp 5 (1d10)
2 skill points from warrior class.

Craft (trapmaking) +6 (+1 skill point, +3 class skill, +2 racial)
Perception +5 (+1 skill point, +2 racial, +3 Skill focus (Perception), -1 Wis)
Stealth +5 (+1 skill point, +3 class skill, +1 Dex, +4 size bonus)

Stealth should read +9 by my reading, not +5 as the errata states. Or, the kobold should have 1 more hp. Unless NPCs do not get favored class bonuses. This discrepancy, among others prompted me to post earlier today asking that question. The very few replies I received in that post indicated that All classes save prestige classes get a favored class bonus, but it’s nowhere to be seen in the kobold stat block, nor its errata.


anthony Valente wrote:

Stealth should read +9 by my reading, not +5 as the errata states. Or, the kobold should have 1 more hp. Unless NPCs do not get favored class bonuses. This discrepancy, among others prompted me to post earlier today asking that question. The very few replies I received in that post indicated that All classes save prestige classes get a favored class bonus, but it’s nowhere to be seen in the kobold stat block, nor its errata.

I believe the correct answer is 'NPC classes do not grant Favored Class bonuses'.

Please have a look at my 'reverse engineering' of three monsters with Core and NPC Classes in your thread here.


After a quick search, I found that the hp of the Hobgoblin Fighter on page 175 are still a bit wrong.

The Hobgoblin Fighter 1° (page 175) has 12 hp (1d10+7) after the errata. This means that he has a Core Class with an average value (5.5, rounded to 5) on his first HD.

The Aasimar Cleric 1°(page 7) has 11 hp (1d8+3). This means that she has a Core Class with maximum value on her first HD.

The Lich (Human) Wizard 11° (page 188) has 111 hp, 15 coming from a false life spell (11d6+55 plus 15 false life). This means that he has a Core Class with maximum value on his first HD (real hp = 96; 6 + 35 (3.5 x10) = 41 hp from 11d6)

The Tiefling Rogue 1° (page 264) has 10 hp (1d8+2). This means that he has a Core Class with maximum value on his first HD.

The Vampire (female Human) Sorcerer 8° (page 270) has 102 hp (8d6+72). This means that she has a Core Class with maximum value on her first HD (6 + 24 (3.5 x7, rounded to 24) = 30 hp from 8d6 )

It seems that the wrong one is the Hobgoblin, since he is the only one who, although having a Core Class, has average hp from his first HD.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
The Wraith wrote:

After a quick search, I found that the hp of the Hobgoblin Fighter on page 175 are still a bit wrong.

The Hobgoblin Fighter 1° (page 175) has 12 hp (1d10+7) after the errata. This means that he has a Core Class with an average value (5.5, rounded to 5) on his first HD.

The Aasimar Cleric 1°(page 7) has 11 hp (1d8+3). This means that she has a Core Class with maximum value on her first HD.

The Lich (Human) Wizard 11° (page 188) has 111 hp, 15 coming from a false life spell (11d6+55 plus 15 false life). This means that he has a Core Class with maximum value on his first HD (real hp = 96; 6 + 35 (3.5 x10) = 41 hp from 11d6)

The Tiefling Rogue 1° (page 264) has 10 hp (1d8+2). This means that he has a Core Class with maximum value on his first HD.

The Vampire (female Human) Sorcerer 8° (page 270) has 102 hp (8d6+72). This means that she has a Core Class with maximum value on her first HD (6 + 24 (3.5 x7, rounded to 24) = 30 hp from 8d6 )

It seems that the wrong one is the Hobgoblin, since he is the only one who, although having a Core Class, has average hp from his first HD.

I'm thinking he might be the only one who is right. I didn't think NPCs got to max out anything.


Ravingdork wrote:
The Wraith wrote:
Lot of calculations
I'm thinking he might be the only one who is right. I didn't think NPCs got to max out anything.

I found the pertinent rule on page 6:

"hp: The creature’s hit points, followed by its Hit Dice (including modifiers from Constitution, favored class levels, creature type modifiers, and the Toughness feat). Creatures with PC class levels receive maximum hit points for their first HD, but all other HD rolls are assumed to be average. Fast healing and regeneration values, if any, follow the creature’s HD."

So, in the end, the other monsters were right and the Hobgoblin was wrong... even after the errata.


The above being the case:

Svirfneblin (ranger 1) don't seem to have a favored bonus factored into their stats, nor does the tengu (rogue 1).

Also, the tengu has climb +5. It should be +7 (+1 skill point, +3 class bonus, +3 Dex)

@ Wraith: Please see my other thread asking about whether or not favored class bonuses are granted to NPCs. I broke down one NPC so far with NPC levels from the NPC guide that DOES have a favored bonus factored in. Go figure…


Caribet wrote:
#######################################################################
Drow:
This makes BAB +1, so the Rapier attack correction is wrong, as the blighter has a Rapier and Weapon Finesse, and Dex 15 (+2). Rapier Attack should remain +3, not be errata'd to +2.

Drow Noble, Cleric 3 (BAB +2)
Again, the errata makes an unneeded change, as it has Rapier, Weapon Finesse and Dex 17 (+3), Masterwork rapier (+1 Atk), for a total Rapier Attack +6 (as was printed, pre-errata).
#######################################################################

The errata is ok.

From Weapon Finesse feat: "[...] If you carry a shield, its armor check penalty applies to your attack rolls."


anthony Valente wrote:
#######################################################################
Also, the tengu has climb +5. It should be +7 (+1 skill point, +3 class bonus, +3 Dex)
#######################################################################

Climb adds Str bonus, no Dex.


The Wraith wrote:

I found the pertinent rule on page 6:

"hp: The creature’s hit points, followed by its Hit Dice (including modifiers from Constitution, favored class levels, creature type modifiers, and the Toughness feat). Creatures with PC class levels receive maximum hit points for their first HD, but all other HD rolls are assumed to be average. Fast healing and regeneration values, if any, follow the creature’s HD."

So, in the end, the other monsters were right and the Hobgoblin was wrong... even after the errata.

I would add that the hp of the Noble Drow, in the light of this rule, were right before errata - 20 hp (3d8+3) = 8 + (4.5 x2) +3

Now, with 16 hp, we are back to 'average on all dice' again (which, by RAW, is wrong).


anthony Valente wrote:

@ Wraith: Please see my other thread asking about whether or not favored class bonuses are granted to NPCs. I broke down one NPC so far with NPC levels from the NPC guide that DOES have a favored bonus factored in. Go figure…

Hmmm, so either it was really intended for NPC classes to give favored Class bonus too (but most of them are wrong in the Bestiary), or it's an errata in the NPC Guide... who knows for sure, at this point ?


Nemesis_Rex wrote:

anthony Valente wrote:

#######################################################################
Also, the tengu has climb +5. It should be +7 (+1 skill point, +3 class bonus, +3 Dex)
#######################################################################

Climb adds Str bonus, no Dex.

smacks head

You're right. What was I thinking?


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber Subscriber

I see that there still is no duration for the staggered condition inflicted by the Sea Hags Evil Eye.

Paizo Employee Creative Director

magnuskn wrote:
I see that there still is no duration for the staggered condition inflicted by the Sea Hags Evil Eye.

There's no duration because it's permanent. Like most curses. It lasts until you get it removed by something like remove curse or break enchantment.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
I see that there still is no duration for the staggered condition inflicted by the Sea Hags Evil Eye.
There's no duration because it's permanent. Like most curses. It lasts until you get it removed by something like remove curse or break enchantment.

Oh. Totally overlooked that.

Then I got bad news for the player of the Rogue in my campaign... ^^

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :)

Paizo Employee Creative Director

1 person marked this as a favorite.
magnuskn wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
I see that there still is no duration for the staggered condition inflicted by the Sea Hags Evil Eye.
There's no duration because it's permanent. Like most curses. It lasts until you get it removed by something like remove curse or break enchantment.

Oh. Totally overlooked that.

Then I got bad news for the player of the Rogue in my campaign... ^^

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :)

You've also got GOOD news for the rogue, since if you were playing the previous 3.5 version of the game, the rogue would not be staggered. He would be dead. The way the sea hag's ability works now is a pretty major revision and nerf from previous incarnations, which had a chance at an instant kill right out the gate.

Sczarni

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Battles Case Subscriber; Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Companion, Modules Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:


You've also got GOOD news for the rogue, since if you were playing the previous 3.5 version of the game, the rogue would not be staggered. He would be dead. The way the sea hag's ability works now is a pretty major revision and nerf from previous incarnations, which had a chance at an instant kill right out the gate.

"I'll be careful."

"You'll be dead!"
"This little one's not worth the effort. Now, let me get you something."


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber Subscriber
James Jacobs wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
James Jacobs wrote:
magnuskn wrote:
I see that there still is no duration for the staggered condition inflicted by the Sea Hags Evil Eye.
There's no duration because it's permanent. Like most curses. It lasts until you get it removed by something like remove curse or break enchantment.

Oh. Totally overlooked that.

Then I got bad news for the player of the Rogue in my campaign... ^^

Anyway, thanks for the pointer. :)

You've also got GOOD news for the rogue, since if you were playing the previous 3.5 version of the game, the rogue would not be staggered. He would be dead. The way the sea hag's ability works now is a pretty major revision and nerf from previous incarnations, which had a chance at an instant kill right out the gate.

I'll probably handwave it, since the group is

Spoiler for Curse of the Crimson Throne, 7DttG:
already about to enter Carowyn Manor ( asked by the Elf community to bring Jolistina under control but not kill her. Which works out better than having Deyanira Mirakova randomly ask them to, since I had the group meet Jolistina wandering the streets with a torch in her hand during the riots in EoA and one of the PCs is an elf of the enclave. ) and therefore have moved way beyond the encounter with Yvicca.

But I'll pass along the info for the Rogue that he double-dodged a bullet. :p

Scarab Sages

p4 fixes p.167 Green Hag - if Disguise Self (Sor 1) is replaced by Alter Self (Sor2) the DC should increase from 13 to 14

p4 fixes p169 Half-Celestial. In revising Smite Evil to be the ssame as the paladin, it should have "attack bonus = HD, dam bonus = cha bonus". The Uniform given has 8HD so should be Attack +8, dam +4.

p4 fixes p175 Hobgoblin.
Ftr 1 is a PC class, so should have full HP = 17 (1D10+7)

p4 fixes p186 Lamia. The errata fix the damage from the "+1 dagger" but not the attack. +1 dagger wielded by Monstrous Humanoid 9HD has BAB 9, +4 Str, +1 enh = +14/+9 (1d4+5)

p6 fixes p265 Tiger, Dire. There are other errata in this document showing clearly that Stealth bonus of the form "+4 (+8 in <terrain>)" means "+4 bonus -OR- a +8 bonus instead, when in <terrain>". (i.e. +4, with an extra +4 when in <terrain>)
The erratum here fixes the base Stealth, but leaves grass as an extra +8 rather than an extra +4.
Stealth should therefore be "+15 (+19 in tall grass)"


caribet wrote:


p4 fixes p169 Half-Celestial. In revising Smite Evil to be the ssame as the paladin, it should have "attack bonus = HD, dam bonus = cha bonus". The Uniform given has 8HD so should be Attack +8, dam +4.

Actually the correct formula for Paladin's Smite Evil is

Attack Bonus = Cha Bonus ; but indeed, the Half-Celestial Unicorn has Cha +8, so your Attack +8 is correct

Damage Bonus = HD (Paladin's levels in case of a true Paladin); again, your Damage +4 is correct because the Unicorn given has 4 HD (not 8HD as you indicated above)

So, yes to Attack +8/Damage +4 ... but coming from a different formula.
Currenty, the Bestiary only gives the Damage +4 (without the bonus to hit) while Smiting.


I'm up for dinosaurs, clarify to me if I'm making a mistake or is it the errata:

Page 83
In the Dinosaur, Brachiosaurus stat block, in the Senses line and the Skill line, change the Perception skill bonus to “+28.”

Brachiosaurus has 18 HD, so it makes 18 Perception ranks.
+1 (Wis)
+3 (class skill)
+3 (Skill Focus)
=25

The normal entry said 27, and with errata it even goes to 28? What am I missing?

Page 86
In the Dinosaur, Triceratops stat block, in the Senses line and the Skills line, change the Perception skill bonus to “+24.”

Similar to the above, except this time the normal entry seems correct to me:
Triceratops has 14 HD, so 14 Perception ranks.
+1 (Wis)
+3 (class skill)
+3 (Skill Focus)
=21

Errata says 24. Again 3 more points.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Campaign Setting, Companion, Maps, Pawns, Roleplaying Game Subscriber
Irrlicht wrote:

I'm up for dinosaurs, clarify to me if I'm making a mistake or is it the errata:

Page 83
In the Dinosaur, Brachiosaurus stat block, in the Senses line and the Skill line, change the Perception skill bonus to “+28.”

Brachiosaurus has 18 HD, so it makes 18 Perception ranks.
+1 (Wis)
+3 (class skill)
+3 (Skill Focus)
=25

The normal entry said 27, and with errata it even goes to 28? What am I missing?

Page 86
In the Dinosaur, Triceratops stat block, in the Senses line and the Skills line, change the Perception skill bonus to “+24.”

Similar to the above, except this time the normal entry seems correct to me:
Triceratops has 14 HD, so 14 Perception ranks.
+1 (Wis)
+3 (class skill)
+3 (Skill Focus)
=21

Errata says 24. Again 3 more points.

In both cases you are missing the additional +3 from Skill Focus. If you recall, it grants a +6 bonus, not +3, if you have 10 or more ranks in the skill.


Ah, so right.
Not yet used to these (good) implements. :D


p. 4, Homunculus: Pre-errata CMB -1 was correct (+2 BAB, -1 Str, -2 Tiny size).

p.4, Lamia, in response to above: Attack +13/+8 is correct (+9/+4 BAB, +4 Str, +1 enhancement, -1 Large size). Damage should be 1d4+5 (1d4 dagger, +4 Str, +1 enhancement) unless the dagger should actually be masterwork rather than +1. Size modifiers don't apply to damage, only attack.

p. 5, Lizardfolk: Swim should be +9 (+1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 Str, +8 swim speed, -4 armour check penalty).

p. 5, Rhinoceros companions: minor point but the entry says "Dex -4" not "-4 Dex".

p.5, Satyr: Pre-errata +21 is correct (+8 ranks, +3 class skill, +4 Cha, +4 racial, +2 masterwork panpipes). Also, the racial bonus should be to Perform (wind instruments) not Perform (there is no such skill :)

p. 5, Sea serpent: Power attack at BAB +15 gives -4 attack for +8 damage. With Str 34 (+12) damage should therefore be 4d8+20 (I also note that this damage is higher than normal for a creature of its size). The errata seems to give an extra +2 that I can't account for.

p. 6, Spectre: This correction to the incorporeal touch attack bonus doesn't seem to have taken account of the new Weapon Focus feat. It should be +11 (+6 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 Weapon Focus).

p. 6, Dire tiger: There is no Iron Will feat to delete. However, there is Improved Iron Will. This should be changed to Iron Will, leaving it with the correct number of 7 feats for its 14 HD.

p. 6, Vampire: level 8 sorcerer, Int 14, 32 ranks + 8 from favoured class levels. Here's my attempt at breaking down the skill bonuses. As I understand it, a creature only gets class skills from its type if it has racial HD, so the starred skills below are cross-class.

  • Bluff +27 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +8 Cha, +8 racial)
  • Knowledge (arcana) +13 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +2 Int)
  • Knowledge (religion) +10 (+5 ranks, +3 trained, +2 Int)
  • Perception* +21 (+8 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Alertness, +8 racial)
  • Sense Motive* +13 (+3 Wis, +2 Alertness, +8 racial)
  • Spellcraft +13 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +2 Int)
  • Stealth* +12 (+4 Dex, +8 racial)
  • Use Magic Device +19 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +8 Cha)
45 ranks accounted for, 5 more than the character actually has. Skills were correct before the erratum (Knowledge (religion) is a class skill thanks to the undead bloodline and had max ranks; Perception had no ranks).


Hairy Dude wrote:
p. 4, Homunculus: Pre-errata CMB -1 was correct (+2 BAB, -1 Str, -2 Tiny size).

No, Tiny or smaller creatures use Dex to CMB.


Hairy Dude wrote:


p. 5, Sea serpent: Power attack at BAB +15 gives -4 attack for +8 damage. With Str 34 (+12) damage should therefore be 4d8+20 (I also note that this damage is higher than normal for a creature of its size). The errata seems to give an extra +2 that I can't account for.

If it was written as if the serpent was using Power Attack, the +23 attack bonus would be wrong too.

I suppose the +22 to damage was actually a typo meant to be the old +12; they just wanted to add the critical range of 19-20 after the damage and made that +22 mistake.
As per the higher dice damage of the bite, I note that tail slap's dice damage too is higher than normal (3d6 rather than 2d8).


Sorry for the double post, I couldn't edit the previous one, if by chance a moderator is reading, please, add together the two posts.

Hairy Dude wrote:


p. 6, Spectre: This correction to the incorporeal touch attack bonus doesn't seem to have taken account of the new Weapon Focus feat. It should be +11 (+6 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 Weapon Focus).

The Spectre has 16 Dex, so the modifier is +3 and the final +10 to attack is correct.


Hairy Dude wrote:
p. 5, Lizardfolk: Swim should be +9 (+1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 Str, +8 swim speed, -4 armour check penalty).

Not quite: The heavy wooden shield as an armour check penalty of only -2, and lizardfolk don't carry anything else that could give a penalty. And swim is NOT a class skill for humanoids. They might have swim speed, but that doesn't make swim a class skill (the +8 bonus is already enough). They might get it as a class skill if they had the Aquatic subtype, but lizardfolk aren't that amphibian. Swamps aren't that good swimming places, and the main reason they have swim speed is because of their tail.

So the old value of +8 is correct: +1 rank, +1 Str, +8 swim speed, -2 armour check penalty


Doresh wrote:
Hairy Dude wrote:
p. 5, Lizardfolk: Swim should be +9 (+1 rank, +3 class skill, +1 Str, +8 swim speed, -4 armour check penalty).
Not quite: The heavy wooden shield as an armour check penalty of only -2, and lizardfolk don't carry anything else that could give a penalty.

Armor check penalties for swimming used to be doubled in 3.5, but not in PFRPG.


Doresh wrote:
swim is NOT a class skill for humanoids. They might have swim speed, but that doesn't make swim a class skill (the +8 bonus is already enough).

Creatures with a fly speed treat Fly as a class skill, so I guess I extrapolated from there and got it wrong. (It seems odd, though. The only situation I can think of where a creature can fly but doesn't treat Fly as a class skill is something like a rogue using a scroll of fly or winged boots, which don't actually grant a fly speed but just the ability to fly, which is different.)

hogarth wrote:
Armor check penalties for swimming used to be doubled in 3.5, but not in PFRPG.

A subtle change, which I didn't notice :)

Irrlicht wrote:
Hairy Dude wrote:


p. 6, Spectre: This correction to the incorporeal touch attack bonus doesn't seem to have taken account of the new Weapon Focus feat. It should be +11 (+6 BAB, +4 Dex, +1 Weapon Focus).
The Spectre has 16 Dex, so the modifier is +3 and the final +10 to attack is correct.

Doh!

Irrlicht wrote:
Hairy Dude wrote:


p. 5, Sea serpent: Power attack at BAB +15 gives -4 attack for +8 damage. With Str 34 (+12) damage should therefore be 4d8+20 (I also note that this damage is higher than normal for a creature of its size).
As per the higher dice damage of the bite, I note that tail slap's dice damage too is higher than normal (3d6 rather than 2d8).

I meant to add, I don't know what the damage was for the 3.5 version (assuming there was one) but it might well be that this is intentional, justifying a high CR.

Scarab Sages

p14 The animated object's flat-footed AC should be 14 (it's listed as 12).


1 person marked this as FAQ candidate.

A friend of mine has found what we believe to be an error in the Bestiary.

The Barghest entry shows this creature speaks Infernal, Goblin and Worg under languages. However, if I look at the Worg entry, its only listed languages are Common and Goblin. It seems rather odd that Worgs would be able to speak these two languages, but unable to speak their own language (which the Barghest entry suggests exists).

Just our two cents.

~Nawyria

Contributor

Nawyria wrote:

A friend of mine has found what we believe to be an error in the Bestiary.

The Barghest entry shows this creature speaks Infernal, Goblin and Worg under languages. However, if I look at the Worg entry, its only listed languages are Common and Goblin. It seems rather odd that Worgs would be able to speak these two languages, but unable to speak their own language (which the Barghest entry suggests exists).

This has been fixed in the 2nd printing of the Bestiary... barghests speak Common, Goblin, and Infernal, as there is no "Worg" language.

Dark Archive

Adventure Path Charter Subscriber; Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Subscriber

typo in undead creature type p. 309
it says that "Knowledge (arcane)" is a class skill
there is no Knowledge (arcane) skill it is Knowledge (arcana)

Grand Lodge

Hairy Dude wrote:

p. 6, Vampire: level 8 sorcerer, Int 14, 32 ranks + 8 from favoured class levels. Here's my attempt at breaking down the skill bonuses. As I understand it, a creature only gets class skills from its type if it has racial HD, so the starred skills below are cross-class.

  • Bluff +27 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +8 Cha, +8 racial)
  • Knowledge (arcana) +13 (+8 ranks, +3 trained, +2 Int)
  • Knowledge (religion) +10 (+5 ranks, +3 trained, +2 Int)
  • Perception* +21 (+8 ranks, +3 Wis, +2 Alertness, +8 racial)
  • Sense Motive* +13 (+3 Wis, +2 Alertness, +8 racial)
  • Spellcraft +13 (+8 ranks,
...

Without going into any of the math, I want to point out you're leaving out the fact that the base creature is a Human, and thus gets a bonus skill point each level. This is probably what your "favored class bonuses" should be, since all the class-based creatures in the Bestiary have their favored class bonuses mysteriously left out.

Grand Lodge

caribet wrote:


p4 fixes p186 Lamia. The errata fix the damage from the "+1 dagger" but not the attack. +1 dagger wielded by Monstrous Humanoid 9HD has BAB 9, +4 Str, +1 enh = +14/+9 (1d4+5)

Nope, errata is correct. You forgot to subtract 1 from being size Large.


Dunno if this has been mentioned but I found something odd with the third printing of the Bestiary:

Pg. 305: In the Universal Monster rules section, the section for "Swallow Whole" is missing half of the first sentence. It starts with "mouth (see Grab)..."

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Modules, Pawns Subscriber

I'm seeing this as well on my PDF of the 3rd printing...


Errata issue or PRD issue. I dont know which.
Quote from another poster which is confirmed by the PRD

Quote:

The save DCs for 2 of this creatures special abilities (gibbering, spittle) are listed as Constitution bases (24/+7) but neither seems to be computed properly. they both should be 19 (assuming standard rules) but instead are listed at 13, 18 respectively.

Is there a reason behind this?

Thanks

By my math they should be both be 19, and since neither one is charisma bases at the very least they should both be the same.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Modules Subscriber

Frost Giant skills are wrong, they have 28 skill points total, in bestiary, they lack 8 skill points, in errata they tore of 3 more, enlarging the gap to 11 skill points!.
Let's see:
Climb (humanoid proficient) - 1+3+9 (strength) = +13
Craft (humanoind proficient) - 4+3+0(inteligence) = +7
intimidate (giant proficient) - 4+3+0(charisma) =+7
Perception (giant proficient) -5+3+2(wisdom) = +10
Stealth (nonproficient) - 3(skill focus) +6-4(size)-+5

Bugbears seems wrong too, they have only 6 skill points, intimidate and perception are not proficient skill for humanoids, neither for goblinoids - so, its impossible to have those skill in bestiary, even with the feats and racial bonus - and in bestiary they continue to have more skill points - 2 more to be precise.

Grand Lodge

Pathfinder Adventure Path Subscriber, Modules Subscriber
Darklord Morius wrote:

Frost Giant skills are wrong, they have 28 skill points total, in bestiary, they lack 8 skill points, in errata they tore of 3 more, enlarging the gap to 11 skill points!.

Let's see:
Climb (humanoid proficient) - 1+3+9 (strength) = +13
Craft (humanoind proficient) - 4+3+0(inteligence) = +7
intimidate (giant proficient) - 4+3+0(charisma) =+7
Perception (giant proficient) -5+3+2(wisdom) = +10
Stealth (nonproficient) - 3(skill focus) +6-4(size)-+5

Bugbears seems wrong too, they have only 6 skill points, intimidate and perception are not proficient skill for humanoids, neither for goblinoids - so, its impossible to have those skill in bestiary, even with the feats and racial bonus - and in bestiary they continue to have more skill points - 2 more to be precise.

My mistake, actually, bugbears LACK 1 point, thanks to Stalker ability (that is redundant in terms of stealth)


Centipede Swarm poison DC is wrong. It says it includes a +2 racial bonus but that is apparently NOT added in. The math is wrong and as further evidence the DC for the poison should than be 2 higher than the distraction DC(since both DC's are constitution based). I noticed they recently changed the poison from con to dex damage, severely nerfing the rain of frogs spell which was already nerfed by a casting time of concentration + 2 rounds. I wonder why it needed the additional whimpafacation? Anyway it would help to have the correct poison DC. And I would think increasing the save to 2 consecutive saves or 1d6 dex would make the spell somewhat useful. As is, it is nearly worthless.

Grand Lodge

Meager Rolmug wrote:
Centipede Swarm poison DC is wrong. It says it includes a +2 racial bonus but that is apparently NOT added in. The math is wrong and as further evidence the DC for the poison should than be 2 higher than the distraction DC(since both DC's are constitution based). I noticed they recently changed the poison from con to dex damage, severely nerfing the rain of frogs spell which was already nerfed by a casting time of concentration + 2 rounds. I wonder why it needed the additional whimpafacation? Anyway it would help to have the correct poison DC. And I would think increasing the save to 2 consecutive saves or 1d6 dex would make the spell somewhat useful. As is, it is nearly worthless.

I've posted your found error of the save DC to the main Bestiary 1 errata thread.

I'm not sure what you're referring to with the Dex damage issue. I have a first printing of the first Bestiary, and it's always been Dex damage the centipede swarm's poison deals. As for the rain of frogs spell, the spell specifically says that it deals Con damage instead of Dex damage, so not sure why you think that spell deals Dex damage.

1 to 50 of 52 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo / Pathfinder® / Pathfinder RPG / Paizo Products / Product Discussion / Bestiary Errata mistakes?! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.