Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

The Master's Forge


Play-by-Post

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,592 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>

Male Human Cleric3

Detect magic on all that loot, and the die i found


None of the armor or weapons radiates magic....

however you are not sure these items are mundane, they are finely crafted and seem to be some unfamiliar alloy....

The cube has faint abjuration magic.


Male Human Cleric3

I report my findings to the group. And enjoy the hot springs.

Anyone know anything about these alloys?

I also try to keep an eye on the (still unopened?) eggs.


M orc Paladin / 1

"Breastplate shiny"

Continues to recline in the tub..


Caydee shrugs. "Seems like good equipment." She sinks a bit deeper into the water and smiles blissfully. "Maybe we should take news of this spot back to town and charge people for our hot springs."
"Hey, I don't have much use for the armor, but is anyone else claiming the longsword? Seems like a nice one. D'ya think the weird metal these are made out of have anything to do with the tengu's metal man?"


Male Human Cleric3

Thats probably a good thing to discuss...who can use what? I could use breastplate and shield, KD can use longsword...Fubar can use...all of it? Anyone else?

Ahhhh, warmth.

Don't worry Vardara, we'll get backto freezing soon enough!


You soon determine the shield and breastplate are mithral and the longsword is Adamantine. Making you wonder how old this equipment truly is....

The final item

Spoiler:

Cube of Frost Resistance
Aura faint abjuration; CL 5th

Slot —; Price 27,000 gp; Weight 2 lbs.

Description This cube is activated or deactivated by pressing one side. When activated, it creates a cube-shaped area 10 feet on a side centered on the possessor (or on the cube itself, if the item is later placed on a surface). The temperature within this area is always at least 65° F. The field absorbs all cold-based attacks. However, if the field is subjected to more than 50 points of cold damage in 1 round (from one or multiple attacks), it collapses and cannot be reactivated for 1 hour. If the field absorbs more than 100 points of cold damage in a 10-round period, the cube is destroyed.

Construction RequirementsCraft Wondrous Item, protection from energy; Cost 13,500 gp


M orc Paladin / 1

gets out of the spring and dries off it is then that you notice how truely hairy Fubar is...

"It seems we should dry completely afor leaving here."

Straps on his original gear waiting for others to claim any of the found items.....


"Aw, Fubar carries his own armory! I'll let other people have the next adamantine weapon we come across!" She climbs out of the spring and dries off as well as she can without taking off her clothes, pacing impatiently in her damp clothing while waiting to dry completely.
"Yes; no one leaves here wet. I don't want anyone to freeze. I am, after all, the guide."


M orc Paladin / 1

"Blasted breast plate didnot keep tha momma bear offa me shoulder! I reckon tho me face is too ugly tah bite!"


"Yup."


More and more frequently Karrg comes to the edge of the crevace and leaning over makes noises at you.....

"AHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!"

"OOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAA!"

Linguistics check
DC 21

Spoiler:

Seems agitated by something!


"Uh, Ahz? Does Karg see charging worgs or something?"


Male Human Cleric3

linguistics: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Damn, not sure but he's agitated about something! Lets go guys, dry off! Can someone grab the rest of my stuff?

Ahz jumps out of the hot springs, straps on the Mithral breatplate, grabs and activates the cube of frost resistance, the mithral shield, and his holy symbol, and shimmies up the rope as fast as he can.


Getting my server and dev environment set up. Have forums going so far - go to http://www.sunshinesrus.com/forum and register.


M orc Paladin / 1

Fubar being dressed goes up the rope as well.

climb check
1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18


Male Human Cleric3

Climb check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7

A great climber, I am not.


As party members top the crevase looking out over the frozen landscape, you immediatly see the problem.

A large male polar bear has killed the young cub about 35 feet away, Karrg has been staying away from the bear by walking around the crevace.

It is a DC15 climb check to get out of the crevace!


Climbing up!
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The rope sure is slippery!


Actually it is the layer of ice at the top from the rising steam freezing over the rope, making the last bit really tricky.


Male Human Cleric3

Lets try that again...
climb check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

grrr...damn breastplate in the way...
and again 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
and again 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14
and again 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (20) - 1 = 19

All nice rolls, still takes me 5 rounds total = 30 seconds? to get over that lip.

Is the male polar bear being threatening toward Karrg/us?


And really guys, sign up for my forums...its going to be a slow development process, but I'm going to be working on both a PbP system and a virtual TT system there, and I will need gamers for testing it :)


If you fail, try, try again.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Yay! Made it through. I'll help anyone to get past that last hurdle.


No the male bear is still eating the cub at a distance about 35 away, the wind is blowing into you from that direction, he likely hears you but has not spotted or smelled you yet....


Male Human Cleric3

Well, it isn't pretty, but...it is nature. I don't mind killing bad guys, or animals if they are trying to eat me, but I don't see any reason to kill more animals than we need to when they are just trying to survive. Though, if Karrg is really upset by it...I'll back him up.

I do my daily comprehend languages thing and try to see how Karrg feels about it.

Linguistics check if I need: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
That's a 13 if I get plus 2 from the comprehend languages.


AHZ

Spoiler:

Karrg has no interest in fighting the larger male bear....

Nor in climbing down into the hole...

You also notice the snow and ice melting quickly in your vicinity, especially underfoot as it becomes slushy


M orc Paladin / 1

"I do not wish to fight this bear, likely it can be avoided."


climb check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


"Agreed," Cay comments, still dangling from the rope.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

Hellefire, I'd like to look into that, do you have a link?


"Some help here?"

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8


Just forums so far at http://www.sunshinesrus.com/forum


Male Human Cleric3

Aid check to help Caydee?
1d20 - 1 ⇒ (11) - 1 = 10
I think thats enough to add 2 to her next check?


Caydee again tries to climb up the rope, this time with Ahz's help.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


"Thanks." Cay hauls up the rope, making sure to talk quietly. "Gods, pretty soon the only way to salve my pride will be to beat Fubar at arm wrestling."


M orc Paladin / 1

"Best two out of three.."

"An how would I ever face a bear again?"


The bear wonders away never coming any closer than where he killed the cub......


Male Human Cleric3

After the bear is out of sight, I take the time to dry off and get dressed properly, then deactivate the cube.

Now, how do we want to split this stuff? :)


M orc Paladin / 1

"I am sure tha stuff is fine i ken use tha shield."

For emphasis fubar draws his scimitar....


Distracted from her regretful contemplation of the cub's remains, she turns back to the group. "I'd still really, really like that sword."


Male Human Cleric3

And I like the lightness of this shiny breastplate, which I'm guessing Vardara, Krill and Robbo don't really want anyway due to their various oaths and such. Now, does anyone in particular want to hold onto this little die that helps against the cold?

Ahz hands the shield over to Fubar if there are no immediate objections (and the sword to Caydee if he hasn't already, adn there are no objections).


Everyone puts on and tries out new gear ready to face what dangers may come.....

Karrg looks at you and says.

"Go"

He pauses and waits for a bit and again says...

"Go"

AHZ

Spoiler:

You realize how dangerous the cube could be to you on snow and ice, it would be safer to use on solid ground...

The mountain with the tengu's old home looms off to your half-right as you can likely either turn towards the tengu's former home or towards town.....


Caydee looks from Karg to Ahz. "What does he mean?"


Traveling further out than you had in pursuit of the Tengu, you come across a new landmark a gorge that seems to run behind the Tengu's mountain and then towards the area they departed to.

The gorge is hundreds of feet deep, with sheer walls, and what appears to be a riverbed in the bottom, just across the 100 foot wide bed is another sheer cliff rising also hundreds of feet.

New Gorge


HF...
Went to the link http://www.sunshinesrus.com/forum
will I need to register for a group over there or what?
I am confused! ;(


Male Human Cleric3

Yeah, using this thing on snow may be dangerous, as it may melt. I just didnt want to get sick :). Anyone want to volunteer to carry it? KD, I think he means...that we should get moving. And I agree.[b]

When coming to the Gorge...[b]Well, damn...

I try to figure out where the fight with Karrg and his brother occured in relation to the gorge, and if we'll have to cross it. We'll follow it until we do I suppose.

survival check: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14

Hm....this way?

Fubar, just sign up for an account, I'll assign you to a group. You can request access to other groups/sections in the Request Access section, which also has something of a forum map. You have to register first, and you should get an emailed confirmation link to follow, then I'll assign you to Gamers group to start. We can use my forums/server as a place for game pictures/maps/etc too.


survival 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16


Male Halfling Bard 2

I'm thinking that I'm going to have to retire from this game. I seem to have gotten myself into one game too many for my schedule to make work and rather than slow the party down, I'm going to drop out. Sorry guys. Hoppo Robbo hops off into the snow and is never heard from again.


Sorry to hear it Robbo...take care


Aw, bye!


The traveler known as Hoppin Robbo ends his journey so soon after it began....

The day swiftly turns towards night with nothing occuring since Hoppin fell into the new gorge.

1,251 to 1,300 of 1,592 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / The Master's Forge All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.