Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Warforged Gardener's Savage Tide (PFRPG)


Play-by-Post

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,758 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

"I know what's happening," Annie gasped between hiccuping sobs, "I'm turning into one of those monsters! This disease will leave me like one of those crazed creatures! Will leave all of us like that, if we get sick! If we go in there we'll be trapped with the horrid things. And then I'll finish turning into one too." She dashed the tears out of her eyes and slowly went back to the boxes to pick up her discarded dagger. "We should check the boat. We'll need a place to sleep tonight. A place without...them. A place where those that are sick can rest and recover. If the boat's not clear - we should know that before we go into those caves. Or we'll come out exhausted and hurt...and have nowhere to go but swimming."


"No!" Bryson says with more force than he intends. "We can't stop now. It's too early in the day and this magic can't be allowed to fester. We have to find a way to stop it. We have to keep going."


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Annie unconciously bared her teeth, a feral glint again in the depths of her eyes. "I didn't say we stop. I said we check the boat first." Her voice dropped to an angry growl. "We can't help your animal friends if you kill us all first, now can we?!?" Her fists clenched and unclenched as she closed her eyes and gritted her teeth, trying to regain some control.

"If we go in there and find some animals that are sick but not...like those monkeys...we need to have a safe place to take them and nurse them back to health, don't we?" She kept her eyes closed as she talked, searching for calm. "It looks like the ship is empty. Let's just see. It will take what...ten minutes? Anything lost in ten minutes is already lost now, Bryson."


"Be there magic t'count'r such a cursed fate?"


Male Human Bard L3 (Seasinger)
Gull Street Annie wrote:


"It looks like the ship is empty. Let's just see. It will take what...ten minutes?"

Spinnaker Jon looks out at the ship anchored out in the bay.

"Well, looks like Jolly Roger is pretty comfortable roosting in the crow's nest; likely it's abandoned."
You can just see Spinnaker Jon's new parrot preening itself there.
"I'll swim out to take a look if'n ye'd like."
He looks at Annie speculatively.
"Or ye could come and look along with me. A short swim an' climb up the anchor chain, poke around belowdecks, won't take but ten-fifteen minutes."

Bindlplotz wrote:


"Be there magic t'count'r such a cursed fate?"

"I don't know laddie, but we got fair winds out of the SouthEast. Once we're done here, I be think'n we hustle back t' our ship and press all sail; we'll be back t' Port Sasserine in a day. I bet Lady Vanderboren can get a high priest t' cure us. After all, we're city heroes now!"

Jon stands up, brushing his hands.
"Let's get to it then shipmates! Sooner done, sooner we set sail fer home!"
Jon will move to the shore and start swimming for the anchored ship.


"Huh!? Kill you? Ah could never do that, Annie " Bryson says in a subdued manner. "If you want to look at the boat first, we can. Ah just know that we get to the bottom of this disaster. We gotta figure out a way to stop this from happening again."

D'grim, you want to use my scimitar for a while? It's magic seems to have particular effect against these things. Plus ah've a spell that should work well against them to.


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}
Bindlplotz Cogwhistle wrote:
"Be there magic t'count'r such a cursed fate?"

"I can't make us well again, if that's what you're asking," Annie answered. "I think I might be able to...slow some of the damage the disease does. And I have a little magic that can boost our defenses against this disease. But what we need to do is make sure we have a safe place to rest tonight - I have some training at healing, looks like I'll have to study more - that might help us fight off this thing naturally. That's why I want to confirm the boat is safe."

Spinnaker Jon wrote:
"Well, looks like Jolly Roger is pretty comfortable roosting in the crow's nest; likely it's abandoned. I'll swim out to take a look if'n ye'd like. Or ye could come and look along with me. A short swim an' climb up the anchor chain, poke around belowdecks, won't take but ten-fifteen minutes."

"I don't think anyone should go anywhere alone in this place," Annie said gratefully. "I'll go with if you like. Those things popped out of nowhere - what if there's something below decks? Also...what if there are others here...not yet turned into those creatures? They'll want to take the boat as well. Can we take a piece of the boat and hide it...a part that will keep others from sailing it away? It'd have to be something simple - I know we're in a hurry," she added, glancing at Bryson as he shifted from foot to food impatiently, "but it might be a good precaution if we can do it quick and clean." Annie walked to the edge of the water, glad her armor was so well made it wouldn't interfere with her ability to swim.

Magic interpretation: Annie can memorize lesser restoration and mitigate some of the intelligence damage. But if Annie gets hit with intelligence damage of 6 like she did today, or god forbid higher...you're going to end up with, at best, a cleric with the intelligence of a cat. If I hadn't built her to be quite nonstandard with a 14 intelligence, she'd already be nearly unable to speak from the intelligence damage she took.

She can cast resistance to try to help people pass their fort saves, but other than that there's only nonmagical means via long periods of rest and the heal skill providing alternate fortitude saves. If others have any healing ability, they may be able to help her tend to herself and others that are ill. But unless we want those that are sick reduced to drooling comas in a few days, we need to keep it from progressing. And who knows if after the initial damage, it goes on to attack constitution. That will actually kill outright.


I have a lesser restoration memorized and can help with heal checks. Bryson hasn't offered any aid because he does not yet realize that Annie's infected.


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Maybe you missed it, but Jon and Annie both underwent pretty obvious physical changes. It should be clear to everyone that they're infected with something:

DM Camaris wrote:

It is only a minute later her worst fears are borne out as Annie, Bindlplotz and Spinnaker Jon, who all have monkey bites, see their flesh around their injuries turn a terrible black rash and short bony protrusions extrude from the affected areas, as well as the forehead, back of the hands and knuckles, and the canine teeth.

A brief surge of rage and their eyes turn blood red for a minute.

Fortunately, the sudden transformation seems to peter out at this point, the eyes fading back to normal, but not the skin or bony protrusions. But they all seem more prone to anger now.

(emphasis mine)


I do recall that. I thought I meant to offer aid then, before running off to the cave area here.
Oh well.

Finally realizing why Annie is so worried Bryson offers to help. "Before you two go, let me take a look at you. Maybe ah can help with that.. uh.. rash you got."
I'll cast Lesser Restoration on Annie 1d4 ⇒ 2
and a heal check 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Bryson looks worried. "If you like, an could come with you to check out the ship. Another set of eyes would make it go faster."


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Annie blinks as some of the red haze in her thoughts withdrew. "Thank you, Bryson. That helps. I'll be able to help Jon and I tonight as well, in the same way." Annie looked at Jon, swimming swiftly for the ship. "I'd appreciate your sharp eyes - maybe I'm being silly, thinking there's something there Jon's crow can't sense...but I'm fair worried and hoping these crazed things can't swim too well if we need to retreat and rest." Annie jumped in the water and began swimming after Jon, following him onto the boat and making sure she watched his back as well as their surroundings as they checked for signs of anyone or anything alive on the boat.

Perception:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17


Jon and Annie climb the anchorchain to board the ship.

The ship itself, (the "Sea Wyvern" by name) was a caravel. A seaworthy, nimble ship that can handle long ocean crossings. It has a small forecastle and sterncastle, and three masts. (A caravel is a smooth-hulled, full-decked vessel built on a strong internal frame. It is a relatively advanced design, and not every seafearing people have the skills and knowledge to build one.)

Warily, Jon and Annie scour the ship for bodies, alive or dead, but find it completely deserted. It has the funk of unwashed pirates and is in a somewhat disheveled shape, but all equipment that should be there is there, except for the lack of small boats; not even a dinghy is present. It also rides high in the water as whatever cargo it had must have been moved onto the beach. After a quick glance around for bodies, they leave a detailed examination of the captains cabin for later.
Relaxing a bit, Jon seems intrigued by the ship, and tells Annie that all he needs is some help cleaning and crewing it for it to be seaworthy again. And maybe a new name.

Jon calls for Jolly Roger to come down from his perch to his shoulder, but the bird seems reluctant to approach and stays where he is.


Male Human Bard L3 (Seasinger)

Jon mutters under his breath; "Blasted bird".
He looks over at Annie; "Back to the beach then?"


Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (3) + 16 = 19


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

"That's good. Good. We'll have a place to rest." Annie slowly lowered herself back into the water and swam back to the shore. "It looks empty over there," she informed the rest of the group waiting on the shore. Annie took a deep breath and held her dagger and shield. "Anyone else hurt? I can heal us if we need before plunging into this dark cave here."


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

"That would probably be a good idea."

Ghirrak watches the interaction and near loss of control of the others in silence, his keen mind postulating the possibilities.

Ghirrak took 11 pts of acid damage


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Annie waited until she was close to all the others, then closed her eyes and asked for Cayden Cailean's blessing.

Channel Positive Energy (healing): 2d6 ⇒ (5, 6) = 11

Edit: That worked out nice!


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

Perfect


"If we're all ready?" Bryson makes sure everyone is ready, then goes into the darkness of the cave holding his club.
D'grim please confirm that you took my scimitar. These things seem to have dr/magic and it is magical. If D'grim doesn't want it, does someone else? I plan to use Shillelagh so won't need it.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter 5

"Yes, I'll use the scimitar." Dgrim put away his axe and wields the scimitar, then heads inside the cave.


"Be there a map o'the reefs?" Bindlplotz calls up while repriming his weapons.


Male Human Bard L3 (Seasinger)

"I've no idee laddie; wasn't lookin' fer one. Even odds the Cap'n kept all that in 'is head." Spinnaker Jon looked oddly eager, as he peered into the cave mouth, partially obscured by he vines hanging off the cliffs.


As you ease your way through the vines into the main tunnel enterence, you find the tunnel generously sized; its at least fifteen feet in diameter with a sandy floor.

Making your way ahead, you see that thirty feet in it splits left and right. Listening carefully, you hear the insane screaming and sobbing faintly to the right, with a meaty thunking sound off to the left.


Bryson goes toward the meaty thunking.
Perception 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (1) + 16 = 17


CLICK for the map.

Peeking around the corner, you see that this cavern must have served as a mess hall, yet now the large tables lie in ruins. To the north, dozens of barrels that once contained fresh water and food stores have been smashed to splinters. Bodies lie throughout the cave in various stages of dismemberment and consumption-- it's hard to count the total dead due to the state of the corpses, but at least six people recently met a gory end in this cave.

You see a big savage pirate, wearing a chef's apron (Red 5), hacking away with relish at a dead crewmate with his cleaver while two of his fellow cannibals (Red 7, 9) wait impatiently at a table.

5 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21
7 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
9 Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Red 5 stops chopping and sniffs the air...


Round Surprise:

>Annie-----22

>Enemy-----19

>Bryson----15

>Bindlplotz--9

>Ghirrak---5

>Spinnaker Jon--4

>Dgrim-----3


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter 5

Dgrim moves to AD-36 in the surprise round.


Bryson projects an Icicle at #7
Icicle: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19 R Touch
Icicle: damage 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Do any look damaged from the battle? Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

Annie casts Bull Strength on Dgrim: +4 Strength for 3 minutes. +2 to hit, +2 damage (possibly +3 with two handed weapons)


They all look like they have some nicks and scratches, nothing substantial though. [That's a Heal check you want.]


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

a heal would be 1 higher


Annie:

Red 5 is at 98% of max health.
Red 7 is at 96% of max health.
Red 9 is at 95% of max health.


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

"That far one seems a little more hurt than the others, " Annie whispered to those near her, "but they're all barely touched, really."


"Bugger, looks like anther battle with those...things..."he quietly says as he readies his musket to fire at #7.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11+2 if they still count as human
4d6 - 2 ⇒ (5, 1, 1, 6) - 2 = 11+2 if they still count as human

then move behind they others as I drop the musket and quick draw a carbine.


I'm pretty sure they count as both Human and Abberations, I'll doublecheck when I get home from work.


Male Human Bard L3 (Seasinger)

Spinnaker Jon hisses at Dgrim and Bindlplotz and motions for them to fall back into the chokepoint behind them, and pull savage pirates into a disadvantageous position.


Spinnaker Jon wrote:
Spinnaker Jon hisses at Dgrim and Bindlplotz and motions for them to fall back into the chokepoint behind them, and pull savage pirates into a disadvantageous position.

Sorry, I meant that to be as we were ready or as they closed.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter 5

Is each square not a 5' square?


Right now those are all ten foot squares.


Human Wizard 4 / Rogue 2

Dgrim moves to AB-35.


Male Human Bard L3 (Seasinger)

Spinnaker Jon still looks unhappy about Dgrim's placement, but he shrugs and casts. A thick layer of yellow grease coats a ten foot square in front of Dgrim.


Round Surprise:

>Annie-----22
Casts buffs on Dgrim

>Enemy-----19
Red 5 sniffs the air, then slow realization comes over his savage face.
"Fresh Meat" he shouts. Then turns and runs towards the party.

>[npc]Bryson----15
Takes a step closer to the corner and swings as the pirate comes to the corner, hitting a crushing blow for max damage, 8 points.

>Bindlplotz--9
Aims and fires at red 5, but misses.

>[npc]Ghirrak---5
Steps over to the savage pirate and attacks, missing.

>Spinnaker Jon--4
Casts Grease on the approach area.
Red5 slips and falls prone.

>Dgrim-----3
Steps over next to the fallen savage chef and chops down, hitting it for 5 points damage.


CLICK for the Map.

Round 1:

>Annie-----22

>Enemy-----19

>Bryson----15

>Bindlplotz--9

>Ghirrak---5

>Spinnaker Jon--4

>Dgrim-----3

--------------------
Note that Red 5 will try to stand this round, so include your Attacks of Opportunity.


Note that D'Grim is now using the magic scimitar.

AoO
Club: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Club: damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Bryson continues to bash the creature with his club.
Club: to hit 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Club: damage 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3


DM-Camris wrote:

Round Surprise:

>Bindlplotz--9
Aims and fires at red 5, but misses.

13 misses a ranged touch? nice Dex mod then I guess.


You rolled a 4 man. JUST outside the firearms malfunction range...


Half-Orc Monk 6 (Sacred Mountain)

AoO
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

As he attempts to stand Ghirrak delivers a viscious kick to the pirate's head.


Female Human Cleric 6 {HP: 37 /37 AC: 21}

Annie steps up next to Bryson and casts Weapon of Awe on his club.

Bryson's club now deals an additional 2 (sacred) damage. Don't forget that Dgrim gets +2 to hit (melee) and damage (str based) for Bull's Strength.
Both of these will last for 30 rounds.


Male Dwarf Shielded Fighter 5

AoO
Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Dgrim will attack whichever savage is closest.

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (1) + 9 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Round 1:

>Annie-----22
Annie steps up next to Bryson and casts Weapon of Awe on his club.

>Enemy-----19
Red 5 somehow manages to scramble to his feet.
Bryson, Ghirrak and Dgrim all hit him while he was standing up; his two cleavers go flying as the big savage chef is reduced to chunks of black bloody meat.

Red 7 charges across the room at Dgrim and manages to keep his feet in the grease, but the charge attack bounces off his armor.

Red 9 also charges across the floor to attack Ghirrak, but slips in the Grease and slides to the party's feet prone.

>Bryson----15
Bryson, after killing the first creature, makes a hasty bash bash at the new one; hitting a light blow with the club.

>[npc]Bindlplotz--9
Not having a snapshot due to the muzzle cloud, he steps to one side looking for a shot and waits.

>[npc]Ghirrak---5
Strikes the one on the ground, but doesn't do enough to really damage it.

>Spinnaker Jon--4
Grins savagely, takes a running leap and tumbles to the far side of Red 7.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12 but slips and falls prone.
AoO1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 misses.
AoO2: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 misses.

>Dgrim-----3
Attacks the one on the ground, but misses badly.

2,101 to 2,150 of 2,758 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Warforged Gardener's Savage Tide (PFRPG) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.