Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

PaizoCon 2014!

Zoomackulas's Council of Thieves


Play-by-Post

151 to 200 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

"sewer goblins, only thing worse that regular goblins...foul beasts"

Knowledge(appropriate) 1d20 ⇒ 5


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Tahlali waits patiently down the corridor in the shadows. He can hear the others talking, but can't quite make out what they're saying. No matter though, as soon as they begin to move off he'll be ready to follow. He continues to scan the tunnel ahead of him, alert for anything that may be coming towards them.

Andoran

While everyone looks at each other not sure what to do at this point, Xaandros searches his memory but comes up blank about any knowledge about sewer goblins. Janiven looks to the place Mithrael points out and agrees with Za'unda's comment about who tried erasing the mark. I agree, we should keep moving although your guess is as good as mine at this point. I don't think the door is the way to go at least from where the mark is located on the wall as it is to far away from it to indicate such. She takes a moment to gather herself and her thoughts and points down the corridor towards Shadow Blade, I say we head that way but leave a fresh mark just in case we need to back track to this point if it turns out that we went the wrong direction. She lets Shadow Blade lead on this time hoping his eyes will help find the next mark. After awhile of traveling down this tunnel it opens up into a small chamber where the sewage is clogged making the entire floor in the chamber covered in rotten sewage. The smell is overwhelming at first till you get a few seconds to get used to it. Across the chamber the passage resumes off into the darkness or what was darkness as torch light can be seen heading your direction. A second later the splashing sounds of heavy boots gets closer and flashes of metal jump out at you. Soft muttering sounds also reach your ears from the passage ahead.....

Spoiler:
State your actions, roll perception checks and any other check you want!


Wuglat moves to the front again and peers into the darkness using his darkvision, straining for any glimpse of what danger lies ahead.
[ooc]perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)

Still holding his light enchanted club, Za'unda peers into the darkness ahead. At his feet, his reptile companion starts emitting a low growl. A confrontation seems unavoidable, so the wild man once again ask for the guidance of the spirits of the land in the times ahead.

Perception check: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22, Za'unda casts guidance on himself, holding the bonus for now (he'll probably use it for his first attack).


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Tahlali moves quickly ahead as he spots the enemy coming towards them. He melds himself to the shadows at the side of the entry corridor as the others prepare themselves to make a stand in the small room.

Stealth Check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

He intends to wait until the enemy are all in the room and them attack them from behind, hopefully putting at least one of them into a flanking position for you. Although with a roll like that it seems he will be the first one spotted as they enter the room now and subsequently become the focus of their tender ministrations... :/


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Perception Check 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Sensing that their presence was about to be discovered, Mithrael calls his spells to mind, wary but uncertain about those who were chasing them.

He whispers to a nearby companion I hope there are not as many as were surrounding the tavern.

Elim flutters her wings nervously but remains perched on the staff.

Andoran

Out of the darkness enters black knights with weapons raised at the sight of a foreign elf standing at the entrance to the small room opposite them. Its hard to tell through their visored helmets that they notice all of you or the grins on their faces at finally finding their prey but their actions speak louder than anything else. The front knight splashes futher into the room to let his fellow mates into it as well. The three of them slowly advance towards Wuglat and Shadow Blade, You going to come quietly or am I going to bash some heads traitorous scum! Janiven and Morosino quickly at the knights words and push past the rest of the group to the safety of the rear giving more room for the warriors of the party to be more effective.....

Spoiler:
Init order: Shadow Blade, Wuglat, Mithreal and then Za'unda! State your actions and roll attacks! Cheers, Zoo


how many knights are there?


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)
Wuglat Glum wrote:

how many knights are there?

Zoomackulas Eichendar wrote:

The front knight splashes futher into the room to let his fellow mates into it as well. The three of them slowly advance towards Wuglat and Shadow Blade [...]

** emphasis mine **

Of course, there could be more hiding behind them ...

Invoking the spirits, Za'unda whispers a few words and stares intently at his weapon. Suddenly, the wood of his club seem to twist and grow thorns, as if it was alive again. He then yells at the knights. "Your chains will not bind me, weak followers of evil spirits! But come, if you dare. Know that you will join the rotting corruption of these tunnels."

Za'unda casts Shillelagh on his club (taking a 5-foot step to avoid an aoo if necessary). Tei!me waits besides him (ready action to attack anyone that comes in range). Handle animal check for heel : 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14.


Xaandros mutter under his breath and fumbles for his spell component pouch. When initiative comes for him he will summon a pony and command it to charge up the corridor. (hopefully knocking the knights into the water, in their full plate...)


Za'unda wrote:

Of course, there could be more hiding behind them ...

failed my perception check

Wuglat stands defiant and raises his Greatsword ready to strike any that that come into his range.


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Knowing instantly that he has been spotted, Tahlali raises Arinae before him and speaks to the armoured men. "My friend here has your answer for you Devil worshipping scum."
He then steps forward towards them and swings the shining blade at the closest Hellknight.

Attack Hellknight with Arinae: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
Damage: 1d10 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


Xaandros wrote:
Xaandros mutter under his breath and fumbles for his spell component pouch. When initiative comes for him he will summon a pony and command it to charge up the corridor. (hopefully knocking the knights into the water, in their full plate...)

Rather over-run than charge

Zoom Zoom?

Andoran

Seeing no use in trying to hide any longer, Shadow Blade moves forward to engage one of the Hellknights. His blade swings out and finds a vulnerable spot in the knight's armour drawing blood as he pulls his blade away. Behind him Wuglat draws his Greatsword and gets ready for battle. Za'unda begins to wave his hands and whispers a few words making his wooden club to come alive twisting and new growth appearing, creating a more dangerous weapon in the hand of the Mwangi man. From the rear of the party next to Janiven and Morosino, Xaandros summons forth a small pony sending it at the Hellknights entering the small room. It crashes into both of them sendng them into the sewage filth nearly knocking over the knight engaged with Shadow Blade and the elf himself. The knight attacks Shadow Blade but his attack falls short as he tries to avoid being run over by the pony. The pony races into the next passageway out of the room leaving the two knights floundering in the water.....

Spoiler:
Next round, state actions and roll some dice!


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)

Now that Xaandros' pony has put the Hellknights in a poor position, Za'unda utters a warcry and charges one of the knights. At his side, Tei!me follows and jumps into the water to attack the same enemy. The hellknight is hard pressed between the wild man swinging his enchanted club at him and the alligator biting him and trying to bring him under.

They both charge. Za'unda uses his +1 bonus from guidance on his attack. Handle animal check to get 'Timmy' to 'attack': 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25.
Za'unda's attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 222d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11.

Tei!me's attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 251d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5.

Za'unda's AC is down to 14 and Tei!me's to 15 until their next turn.


Xaandros will Inspire this round.

"HAH! See how tough the Hell Knights are, even a pony can defeat them!" He says with a heartening laugh!


Wuglat steps forward and brings his sword down on the knight that was nearly ran over by the pony. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 82d6 + 5 ⇒ (5, 5) + 5 = 15


Wuglat Glum wrote:
Wuglat steps forward and brings his sword down on the knight that was nearly ran over by the pony. 1d20+4; 2d6+5

Don't forget the +1 to attack/dmg from Inpire.

Xyro:

Spoiler:
Hey the pace of the Paranoia game has slowed a LOT, so if you want you can always jump back in. And we're down to 4 players.


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Tahlali continues hs press on the Hellknight he attacked previously, swinging his blade back around in an arc before him.

Attack Hellknight with Arinae: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


"Huzzah! Well done!." Says Xaandros, "Remember, that the downtrodden are destined to rise up when under the boot of Tyranny. A Trickle of water can bring down the mountain, when it becomes the river."


Xaandros wrote:
"Huzzah! Well done!." Says Xaandros, "Remember, that the downtrodden are destined to rise up when under the boot of Tyranny. A Trickle of water can bring down the mountain, when it becomes the river."

"Come my fellows, press the attack, show no fear!"

Inspire Courage still


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)

I think the game itself needs some courage ;).


It needs a bit of Zoom Zoom...

Andoran

The splash of water fills the air as the two Hellknights crash into the foul water filled room. The one Hellknight left standing tries to block Tahlali's blade as the elf presses forward against his foe. His blade slips in again finding the flesh of the Hellknight who staggers a bit but takes the cut and tries to make an attack of his own but fails to see the giant half-orc come up and end his thought of attacking his new elf friend. One of the poor Hellknights on the sewer floor with water seeping into his armour quickly has no time to gather his thoughts about getting up and back into the fight as he is set upon by a large Mwangi man and a strange looking reptile with razor sharp teeth. He has no chance as the two working in tandem easily over coming his defences and silencing him forever. In the back of the battle, Xaandros continues to shout words of encouragement to his fellow rebels and taunt the remaining Hellknight, who manages to get to his feet to face a group of rebel heroes. He looks around at his fallen knights and desides the best course of action is to flee and get help as he is no match for these foes. He dashes down the hallway they orginally came from begining to shout at the top of his lungs for help.........He does not get to far in his flight though as a pony blocks his passage to freedom and help........He turns thinking he might have a small chance now that he can only face one of the rebels at a time in this small passageway....

Spoiler:
Next round, state actions and roll some of those dice ye have!


Press on my friends, this one's no match for the spirit of rebellion!


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Seeing the man falter and then resign himself to his fate, Tahlali moves forward and swings at the man, knowing full well that he will most likely fight hard like a cornered rat.

Attack Hellknight with Arinae: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Damage: 1d10 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)

Za'unda leaves the defeated knight to Tei!me and pursues the remaining one. Unfortunately, there isn't enough space to all fight in the small corridor. Leaving the fight to Shadow Blade, Za'unda puts his club back on his belt and pulls out his spear.

Behind them, Tei!me continue to ravage the knight's corpse by twisting in the water while holding him in its maw. It isn't long before the reptile manage to detach some limbs and pieces of flesh. What was a small pool of filthy water is now filled with blood and gore.


Xaandros thinks of his days as an archivist...which he lost because he "bumped" the into the wrong person"


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Stepping from the shadows, the robed elf surveys the scene. His staff is held up over the water's edge, Elim bobbing up and down as she looks around in the fiery glow from the burning crystal.

It seems that easy work was done here. But one has escaped, I fear. We had best be on our way.

Mithrael turns away, as though to proceed further into the mire, searching for the signs at the intersections.

This time, let us strive to be less observable.

ooc:
Sorry everyone. I had lost internet connection over the past month and just now got it back.


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1
Mithrael Sevireanne wrote:

Stepping from the shadows, the robed elf surveys the scene. His staff is held up over the water's edge, Elim bobbing up and down as she looks around in the fiery glow from the burning crystal.

It seems that easy work was done here. But one has escaped, I fear. We had best be after him.

Mithrael turns away, as though to head down the same corridor. Then he turns to his companions.

This time, let us strive to be less observable.

That's what I should have said.

Accelerating down the corridor, he too finds the confines too narrow to pursue safely. Mithrael thinks rapidly then pursues the fleeing culprit carefully, holding out his staff.

With an arcane word, the staff flies from his fingers, and Elim jumps into the air with a shriek.

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 141d6 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2

Elimnarel flutters madly in the air, then settles down on Mithrael's shoulder as the staff flies madly towards the fleeing hellknight.


Xaandros follows


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael turns to his lute-wielding companion.

Never have I before been in such a silent and still pursuit. I cannot believe I am saying this, but lets see how we can make it a bit more active.


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Tahlali follows at the rear, making sure to protect the less martial members of the party from a rear attack.


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael follows after his staff, surprised at how slow everything has become. It was almost as though everything were moving through clear molasses.

He almost catches up to the flying staff as he runs down the narrow ledge of the sewer.

Andoran

I am still here! This holiday season has been extremely crazy work wise and have not had much time for anything but sleep and work and at the last minute my folks sold their home and bought a new house in Ohio so I had to fly home to help which is where I am at now. Moving in the winter snowy wonderland sucks by the way! The game will continue I promise! The move should all be done today and I have the rest of the week here in Ohio on vacation and plan on getting things back on track with the game!
Cheers
Rob


?


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Are we still playing?

Andoran

I hereby usurp this thread, until such time as the game moderator can post. Onward, gentlemen!

The Hellknight manages to avoid the oncoming staff which then flies back to Mithrael's hand, but he loses his balance in the rush to escape and slips on the stone floor. He is now prone.

Actions?


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael turns to his companions, lowering his voice so that the Hellknight hopefully cannot hear him.

Lower your weapons. I have a plan.


Male Mordent Spire Elf Fighter 1

Tahlali, about to strike at the prone Hellknight holds, curious to see what the other Elf has in store.


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael projects his voice down the stone corridor, attempting to sound imperial.

In the name of Her Majesty, Queen Abrogail II, you are commanded to halt and face justice!

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Andoran

Janiven seems worried as she comes up from behind those that chased after the hellknight.

What are you doing?, she asks in an irritated whisper.


Male Human (Mwangi - Zenj)

Za'unda is confused by this turn of event. Not sure how to react to the elf's actions, he points his spear toward the wizard, looking at lady Janiven for guidance.

Andoran

The Hellknight rolls over, glaring at Mithrael.

Mysterious DM Roll 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5

What? Who are you? I do not face justice from you!


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael slowly approaches the hellknight.

It is not my justice to which I refer. But that of Queen Abigail.

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

As the hellknight begins to look worried, Mithrael advances on him.

Why did you attack us?


Human

Hey guys. I'm back. Did you miss me? I'm going back through the thread, but I need a little bit of an update. Who's in what state, and what kind of XP are we at?


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

I missed you. lol

State of the PBP:

We might have lost a few players due to the inactivity of the thread, but I'm trying my hardest to bring it back to life. Mithrael is basically an NPC now, or well, the DMPC. I was too emotionally invested in him and his future goals to completely let the thread die.

We've fought some skeletons, and some hellknights just attacked us which we took care of quickly, but we're wrapping up some loose ends with Mithrael's character.

Experience-wise, I'm not entirely certain because I haven't calculated it all yet. Needless to say, when we reach wherever Janiven is leading us, everyone will have enough XP to advance a level!

Andoran

Janiven is also torn. She is mortified by Mithrael's actions. One of you do something! she whispers.

The hellknight is slowly sitting up now, warily eying Mithrael.

What do you mean? Who are you?


Male Elf Universalist Wizard 1

Mithrael approaches the hellknight closer, holding up his staff so the flame will light his features better.

Stand up! Don't disgrace yourself! It does not matter who I am; all that matters is that you and your fellow dogs are interfering with the Queen's commands.

The hellknight stands, attempts in vain to make his armor and uniform more presentable.

I will explain myself only once, and then I expect you to do as you're told.

Bluff 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

We, who you and your comrades so fiercely attacked, are following the Queen's commands to find and infiltrate an underground resistance movement here in Westcrown. She does not like it that her subjects are so eager to embrace ideals that are better suited for Andoran or other freedom-loving states. That is all I will tell you.

Casting Charm Person

151 to 200 of 227 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Zoomackulas's Council of Thieves All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.