Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

RPG Superstar 2015

Black Tom's War of the Burning Sky


Play-by-Post

51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

Female Halfling Monk 1

Perception

1 d 20 + 8=9

Initative

1 d 20 + 4=12

Unfortunately Naria does not posses a light source.


Jace muttered something under his breath as Diterich knocked over the mug, and his sharp ears caught the sound of someone talking upstairs. As the door was hit by something hard, Jace motioned towards the door with his free hand as he drew a loaded hand crossbow from within his clothes, aiming it at the darkness at the top of the stairs.

Initiative (1d20+2=17)
Perception (1d20+5=16)

Action prior to combat start: Draw hand crossbow.

And I'm not using a light source. Besides, Naria can probably see with low-light vision, right?


Male Elven - Air Elemental bloodline Sorcerer 1

Perception Roll 9+2+11
Initiative 19+3=22

After the door is slammed, Airlon casts Mage Armor on himself and nocks an arrow to shoot at the first hostile.


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

Audric swears under his breath as the door begins to be battered down and begins to cast a spell over himself before hiding behind any convenient cover.

Casting Mage Armor, Perception and Initiative: 1d20+1=18, 1d20+2=3


Male Human Fighter 1

Dieterich creeps up the stairs, and draws his shield, providing enough distraction for him not to notice whatever is going on at the top of the stairs...

Initiative roll=7+2=9
Perception roll=2-1=1

Yikes, I'm not rolling too well.


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20
Jacendar wrote:
And I'm not using a light source. Besides, Naria can probably see with low-light vision, right?

I don't believe halflings have low-light vision.


Female Halfling Monk 1

It's Gnomes that have low light not halflings.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Here is the map at last. You can place yourselves. For example, possibly Airlon would rather hide behind the bar than the tables.

I'm useless with computers, but I'll find a way to put you on that map. Eventually.

Airlon and Audric have just got their Mage Armor up and you are all armed and expecting trouble, but maybe you just got more than you bargained for.

With a final sickening crunch the door yields to the battering ram and four armored men burst in, wielding saps and shortswords, accompanied by some kind of brown hunting dog. They all wear red armbands with a black horse on them. The first one shouts: "Drop your weapons and come quietly! We don't want to break your valuable little heads."

Almost at the same time the building shakes and a deafening boom sounds overhead. Ceiling boards crack and buckle and flaming oil leaks down into the room like a fiery rain. From above you hear screams and smell burning flesh.

A dying man, covered in burning oil falls down the stairs, followed by his two surviving companions.

You all need to make a Reflex save vs 10 to avoid getting sprayed. Also a burning man tumbles down past Jace and Naria, forcing another Reflex 10 save. Dietrich is far enough removed to be able to dodge him.

The bad guys act on 16, so Airlon, Audric and Jacendar beat their initiative. But we'll get the positions and reflex saves sorted before we go into your actions.


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

If you need me, I'll be behind the bar.


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20

Reflex save 1d20-1=9

Drat that poor Dexterity score!

BT, I think I can manage the placement, if you wish. I think you have my e-mail if you want to discuss options off-line. I just don't have a place to post maps, but I can work with them locally.

Ellantera remains near the original table with the keg since she was trying to make it sound like the conversation was still on-going while the others were sneaking/preparing for a fight.


Male Elven - Air Elemental bloodline Sorcerer 1
Black Tom wrote:

Here is the map at last. You can place yourselves. For example, possibly Airlon would rather hide behind the bar than the tables.

Airlon and Audric have just got their Mage Armor up and you are all armed and expecting trouble, but maybe you just got more than you bargained for.

Airlon would indeed rather be behind the bar. Thanks for the map.

Reflex Save 7+3=10, whew!

Airlon will target the dog with his short bow. Attack Roll= 4+3(dex)+1(point blank shot)=8

Yelling, "We have to get out of here, fast!"


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

I swear, the not-Nazis' actions weren't posted when I posted before... Anyway, Reflex: 1d20+2=19 Since I'm going just about last anyway (The 3 was my initiative, not the 18), I'll just be quiet now.


2 Reflex Saves (1d20+4=16, 1d20+4=8)

Passed the first, failed the second. Burning people falling down stairs towards you are hard to avoid. :P

Jace is on the stairwell, probably about halfway up.


Male Human Fighter 1

Reflex Save (1d20+2=3)

Wow, my rolls are terrible. Two natural ones, a two, and a seven. B*ll*cks. ;p


Female Halfling Monk 1

Reflex save to avoid splash

1 d 20 + 7=12

Reflex save to avoid burning body

1 d 20 + 7=17

Naria easily sidesteps the oil and then In a somewhat showy manner half jump/half cartwheels over the burning man.

"Anyone else get the impression that they really don't like us?"


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20
Naria wrote:

Naria easily sidesteps the oil and then In a somewhat showy manner half jump/half cartwheels over the burning man.

"Anyone else get the impression that they really don't like us?"

I have the suspicion that the guys upstairs are the reason the door's getting kicked in, not us, but I don't want to hang around to find out for sure. What's Torrent's reaction to all of this?

"I'm thinking that lighting someone on fire and throwing him at you is rather extreme in any situation..."


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The burning man is also a half-orc, dressed the same way as the others and with an identical armband.

Everyone who missed their reflex save takes 1 point of damage, except Jacendar who takes 4 from the burning man. Also squares L8, M6, M7, M10, N10, O9 and P7 are now filled with burning debris and are difficult (not to mention dangerous) terrain.

Torrent laughs at the bounty hunter and says: "Just try it, buddy!" Her initiative is 8, though, so she doesn't act just yet.

There are two bad guys at the top of the stairs and four by the entrance, not counting the dog. Airlon takes a shot at the dog but misses. Jacendar is up.


Giving a slight yelp of pain as the burning man sears his flesh, Jace points his hand crossbow at the men at the top of the stairs, the small bolt winging it's way towards them.

HP: 5/9
Jace fires his hand crossbow at stair guy 1.
Attack (1d20+2=16)
Damage (1d4=2)

Little bit of payback.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Since the man is flatfooted, I took the liberty of adding 4 points of sneak attack damage.

Jacendar fires his hand crossbow at the man above the stairs, and he takes a bolt to his stomach for 6 points of damage, but that only seems to enrage him. He punches Jace with his sap for 6 points of non-lethal damage, knocking him out. His comrade in arms descends the stair past him and gives Naria a slap with his sap for 3 points of damage.

The men at the door rush at Dieterich and Torrent, who each take a hit. Dieterich is hit for 3 points and Torrent for 5 (both non-lethal). The dog jumps onto the bar and snaps at Airlon, but is thwarted by the force field surrounding him.

You're all up, in any order.


Except me - because I'm unconscious.


Male Human Fighter 1

Seeing Jace fall out of the corner of his eye and stifling a cry with a low growl, Dieterich swings his flail at his attacker, bringing his shield up in an aggressive but guarded stance.

Attack (16+4=20)

Damage (8+3=11)

HP 12/13, 3 points of non-lethal damage
AC 19, 12 touch (not using Combat Expertise this round)


Female Halfling Monk 1

Naria Goes for the man that just hit her deciding to return the favor

Attack (Non-lethal, Flurry)

1d 20 + 4=18, 1d 20 + 4=11

Damage (Assuming only one of the attacks hit

1d 4 + 1=4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Dieterich lays his foe low with a mighty swing, while Naria's opponent is reeling, but still standing.

Torrent slashes at one of the thugs with her axe, wounding him lightly, and moves to block them from reaching Audric.

Audric, Ellantera and Airlon are up, then the thugs.


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

Audric steps back and hurls his staff at the dog, but it misses and he picks it up as it rebounds back towards him.

Using Hand of the Apprentice on the dog, and I probably missed.


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20

Grrr, character's not as finished as I thought she was.

Ellantera will stay with Torrent, fighting defensively in support of her with an eye toward getting where she can aid Jace.

1d20-1=4, 1d6=5

Her heart doesn't really seem to be in combat, however.


Male Elven - Air Elemental bloodline Sorcerer 1

Airlon's eyes begin to glow with crackles of elemental arcane energies as fear and rage builds within him at the thought of being captured. Dropping his bow, he channels his energies into a shocking grasp attack and attempts to fry the dog.
Touch Attack d20 = 10


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Airlon needs to make a concentration check to cast on the defensive and avoid an AoO.

Audric's staff misses, as does Ellantera and Airlon.

Seeing his companion fall, Dieterich's opponent drops his sap and draws his sword instead. However, neither he nor the half-orc on the stairs manages to connect.

The dog snaps its jaws angrily at Airlon but to no avail. One of the thugs facing Torrent shifts his attention to Ellantera instead, but neither of them has any luck.

You're up.


Female Halfling Monk 1

In Naria's turn would it be possible for her to 5 ft step to Flank one of the men?


Male Elven - Air Elemental bloodline Sorcerer 1
Black Tom wrote:

Airlon needs to make a concentration check to cast on the defensive and avoid an AoO.

Blast! My old school sentiments thoroughly dislike AoO.

Concentration Check = 1d20+4 = 15
If I didn't lose my spell I will attempt to smack the dog again with the Shocking Grasp. If I did lose the spell, I will grab my Rod of Hard Knocks (i.e. club) and attack that way instead.
Attack Roll if applicable = 5. Doing great!


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Naria can't flank anyone with a 5' step, but could probably do it with a single move (with some help from Dieterich. Airlon's concentration DC is 17, so you lose the spell.


Female Halfling Monk 1

Not really sure there is enough room to move about Si I'll just have Naria go for flurry

Attack (Non-lethal)

1 d 20 + 4=8, 1 d 20 + 4=12

Damage (in the unlikely case the 12 hit)

1 d 4 + 1=4


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Airlon draws his club and tries to fend off the offensive caníne, while Naria continues fighting the man on the stairs.

Torrent, relieved by Ellantera, casts Bless, granting her opponent an opening that he fails to profit by.

Ellantera, Dieterich and Audric are up.


Male Human Fighter 1

Dieterich swings his flail at the thug who attacked him last, failing to connect.

Attack (1d20+4=6)
Damage (1d8+3=5)


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

Audric tosses his staff at the dog again, landing a solid hit.

1d20+4=21, 1d6-1=2


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

The dog yelps in pain as Audrics staff hits home. It growls at him but for now he's shielded by the burning bar.

Ellantera is up.

Here is a much improved map, thanks to Ainvar, who scores a hero point.


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20
Black Tom wrote:

The dog yelps in pain as Audrics staff hits home. It growls at him but for now he's shielded by the burning bar.

Ellantera is up.

Here is a much improved map, thanks to Ainvar, who scores a hero point.

Glad to help.

Ellantera continues to fight defensively (AC 15), but shifts her grip on the quarterstaff to swing at her opponent with both hands.

Quarterstaff attack 1d20-1=9, damage 1d6+3=5

"We have no quarrel with you, why do you attack us unprovoked?"

Oh, yeah -- does anyone know what those armbands signify? I'm new in town...


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1
Ellantera wrote:
Oh, yeah -- does anyone know what those armbands signify? I'm new in town...

Let's see, red with a black-and-white symbol on it, I'm guessing they work for the resident Nazi-analogues, Ragesia.


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge

Correction: red with a black symbol. There is something written in Ignan on it, in case you read Ignan.

And please tone down the Nazi interpretation, however much you may like Inglorious Bastards. Ragesia is an overbearing and brutal (and more or less evil) empire, but they are not Nazis.

The man grins, showing an imcomplete set of brown teeth. "Honey, in case you don't know, there is a bounty on unauthorized spellcasters. We don't wish you any harm - we're just out to make a quick buck. A guy's got to live, hasn't he?"

The thugs press their offensive and Ellantera is hit for 4 points of non-lethal damage, while Torrent takes a cosh for 6 points (non-lethal).
At the other end of the room they maneuver into position to take out Dieterich. The bandit fighting Naria tries to tumble past her in order to flank Dieterich, but stumbles and is easily blocked. Naria, Airlon and Dieterich manage to fend off their attacks.

The thugs adjust their positions slightly 2 moving to L13 and 5 to O6.

Your turn.


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

Alright, the semi-joke comparing Ragesia to Nazis was dumb, I'm sorry. I blame it on whoever decided to give these guys red armbands.

Once again, Audric attempts to throw his staff at the dog.

4 more uses of Hand of The Apprentice today. 1d20+4=14, 1d6-1=2


Female Halfling Monk 1

Naria continues her assault on the thug

Flurry attack Non-lethal

1d20 + 4=17, 1d20 + 4=19

Damage

1d4 + 1=3, 1d4 + 1=4


Male Human Fighter 1

Dieterich lashes out with his flail, trying again to destroy the face of his unskilled attacker."Let's see what your skull looks like under all that ugly skin!" he shouts, still enraged by Jace's fall.

Attack (10+4=14)
Damage (7+3=10)

Note: I rolled a set of dice earlier, but I typed in the numbers wrong, using a comma instead of a semicolon. If you can translate the results, I'm fine with taking the earlier roll. I just don't want you to think I'm cheating. ;)


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20

Ellantera continues to show that she is no fighter (fighting defensively and wielding the staff two-handed).

Attack 1d20-1=5, Damage 1d6+3=5

But she does attempt to maneuver a bit, moving to L12.

"I know of no bounty and I am no rogue mage. I look forward to bringing you to the Temple of Nethys."


Jace remains unconscious on the stairs. He's gonna have a sore back when he wakes up...


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge
Jacendar wrote:
Jace remains unconscious on the stairs. He's gonna have a sore back when he wakes up...

Sorry about that.

Kicking and punching like a diminutive whirlwind, Naria manages to knock her opponent out. Dieterich takes a ferocious swing but his foe manages to parry in the last second, the boards of his shield creaking under the onslaught. The dog gets another taste of Audric's staff, decides it has had enough and runs off yelping. Torrent aims a blow but the thug is too quick for her.

Airlon is up, then the bad guys.


Male Elven - Air Elemental bloodline Sorcerer 1

Free from the menace of the dog, Airlon unleashes the energy within him, shooting a ray of electrical energy at the thug attacking Torrent.

Ranged Touch Attack 1d20=18+3+1(Point Blank Shot if it applies to rays)=22
Damage=4+1=5


Male Human (mostly) Mystic Theurge
Airlon wrote:

Free from the menace of the dog, Airlon unleashes the energy within him, shooting a ray of electrical energy at the thug attacking Torrent.

Ranged Touch Attack 1d20=18+3+1(Point Blank Shot if it applies to rays)=22
Damage=4+1=5

AFAIK Point Blank Shot applies to rays. On the other hand you suffer a -4 for firing into melee. You still hit, though.

The air crackles with electricity as Airlon unleashes his innate magic, and the thug yelps in pain. The thugs continue to try to bash you, but Torrent, Ellantera and Dieterich manage to parry their assault. Naria is hit on the side of the head for 6 points of nonlethal damage, though.

...and you're up.


Female Halfling Monk 1

Have taken exactly 9 points of non lethal damage so am now staggered

Naria spends a split second to long Looking over her downed opponent and takes a sap to the back of the head for her trouble the entire room goes blurry and all the noise is muted and distorted. With more instinct than actual planning her leg lashes out in the direction the last attack came from

Attack

1 d 20 + 5=15

Damage

1 d 4 + 1=3


Male Half-Elf Warlock(Star) 1

I just noticed I can start with a bonded object for free, so let's retroactively say I had an amulet this entire time, alright?

Audric tosses his staff again, but misses whoever it was he tried to hit.

3 more times today.


Female Human Urban Ranger 2 AC 18/12/16, hp 14/20

Ellantera moves a step to the left, creating a flank on Torrent's opponent. She takes a mighty swing, but once again fails to connect.

Two-handed Quarterstaff Attacking defensively 1d20-1=10, Damage 1d6+3=8

I neglected to include the flank in my attack bonus, but I doubt a 12 is going to be much better than a 10. What can I say, she not a warrior build...

PS Planning to update the map tomorrow mid-day for those waiting for latest positions.

51 to 100 of 210 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Black Tom's War of the Burning Sky All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.