Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
About Paizo Messageboards News Paizo Blog Help/FAQ
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Which Dragon Issues to buy?


Savage Tide Adventure Path


Hey, I've just recently started a STAP campaign and I am looking to take advantage of the magazine sale. What Dragon magazines do you recommend the most to go along with the campaign? Thanks.


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Cesare wrote:
Hey, I've just recently started a STAP campaign and I am looking to take advantage of the magazine sale. What Dragon magazines do you recommend the most to go along with the campaign? Thanks.

Here's my list:

The savage tide issues in Dungeon
Dragon issues 348-359 for savage tidings and a lot of supporting articles such as the demonomicons and core beliefs

when you have those, also get
Tammeraut's Fate (dungeon issue 106)
The original 3e isle of dread backdrop and torrents of dread (Dungeon issue 114)


Where in the Path would you put the Dungeon adventures you mentioned?

Thanks!


Pathfinder Adventure Path Charter Subscriber
Cesare wrote:

Where in the Path would you put the Dungeon adventures you mentioned?

Thanks!

tamaraut's fate would fit in nicely either between TinH and BG or in SWW. Torrents of Dread would fit in perfectly in or after Tides of Dread.

Oh, and I forgot, Issue 149 has War of the Wielded which should fit in nicely between BG and SWW.


Chef's Slaad wrote:
Tammeraut's Fate would fit in nicely either between TinH and BG or in SWW.

Important note, though -- Tamerraut's Fate is meant for characters around 6th level, so putting it between TiNH and BG would require some nerfing. I'd put it either between BG and SWW (perhaps requiring a small courier side-quest to take the PCs' new caravel out for a shakedown cruise) or, as Chef's Slaad suggests, in SWW.


Thanks for your replies. I just received my copy of Tammeraut's Fate in the mail and have decided to place it in SWW. My characters are all 5th level, but there are six of them and they have good stats, so I think I'll leave the adventure as is. My question is: where specifically in SWW did you put Tammeraut's Fate? Also, what other adventures do you suggest I put in SWW to lengthen it? I want the journey to the Isle of Dread be a big part of the campaign. Thanks!


Cesare wrote:
Thanks for your replies. I just received my copy of Tammeraut's Fate in the mail and have decided to place it in SWW. My characters are all 5th level, but there are six of them and they have good stats, so I think I'll leave the adventure as is. My question is: where specifically in SWW did you put Tammeraut's Fate? Also, what other adventures do you suggest I put in SWW to lengthen it? I want the journey to the Isle of Dread be a big part of the campaign. Thanks!

This thread has lots of good ideas on the topic.

Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Publishing / Older Products / Dungeon Magazine / Savage Tide Adventure Path / Which Dragon Issues to buy? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Savage Tide Adventure Path

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.